PDA

View Full Version : Albany-Delaware

Ruler
September 24th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I am hearing forcasts for rain Sat night. Thats a good thing for UA. We will need/take every advantage we can get as I know we are going to need it. Our O line is a typical Albany line in that they are big and love to run block. Hopefully we can get some movement against the best D we will face all season. No disrespect to Delaware but I am thrilled your qb situation is up in the air. I hope you straighten it out next week.

Just rain baby!!!!!!

PaladinFan
September 24th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Couple of Coach Keeler's comments were posted on our forum. It's midweek and he's still upset about the Furman game. One would think it would be difficult to focus on two games at once.

That said, I hope UD beats you guys. Makes us look better :)

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Rain will hurt Albany. You should want Delaware to pass. ;)

89Hen
September 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Couple of Coach Keeler's comments were posted on our forum. It's midweek and he's still upset about the Furman game. One would think it would be difficult to focus on two games at once.
Do you expect him to not answer questions at the weekly news confernce about the previous week? Seems to me like the reporters are focused on the Furman game. BTW, I know that reporter from the article on UFFP. He was three years ahead of me in HS and the very first party I went to at UD was at his place. :p

danefan
September 24th, 2008, 08:47 AM
This should be a very good game. I am sad that I can't make it in person, but hopefully the radio broadcast will be good.

Albany has to open the playbook to win this game. The rain will help to an extent because it will help an Albany defense that has historically not played well against the pass. It will hurt a little bit because then Delaware can literally put 8 in the box every play.

I love the progress Albany has made and this is the next step. Danes have been knocking on the door for 3 weeks now. Its time to step up or wait until next year!

GannonFan
September 24th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Delaware may want the rain this year. UD's strength is the power running game and the strength on defense is the ability to defend the run. You can hurt Delaware if you make us pass or can pass against us. Bring on the rain, it's good for the Mud Hens!!!! xthumbsupx

bluehenbillk
September 24th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Delaware may want the rain this year. UD's strength is the power running game and the strength on defense is the ability to defend the run. You can hurt Delaware if you make us pass or can pass against us. Bring on the rain, it's good for the Mud Hens!!!! xthumbsupx

I'd agree UD can certainly play smashmouth with anyone & our #1 RB is 6'3" 230lbs & just runs over people. Conversely, UD is really strong against the run & has some DB's, particularly Walters, that they can leave out on an island to cover a wideout.

Rain only helps UD IMO. I can't see UD losing this game, combine coming off a frustrating loss to FU & having it beat into their heads as KC called it "the most embarassing loss in the history of Delaware Stadium" two years ago to Albany, they should be hungry as heck on Saturday night. It's a must-win for UD, you can't enter the CAA portion of the schedule & have 3 losses, there is nothing like the 2008 CAA South, that's for sure. On that note, poor Towson....

Rob Iola
September 24th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I'd agree UD can certainly play smashmouth with anyone & our #1 RB is 6'3" 230lbs & just runs over people. Conversely, UD is really strong against the run & has some DB's, particularly Walters, that they can leave out on an island to cover a wideout.

Rain only helps UD IMO. I can't see UD losing this game, combine coming off a frustrating loss to FU & having it beat into their heads as KC called it "the most embarassing loss in the history of Delaware Stadium" two years ago to Albany, they should be hungry as heck on Saturday night. It's a must-win for UD, you can't enter the CAA portion of the schedule & have 3 losses, there is nothing like the 2008 CAA South, that's for sure. On that note, poor Towson....
Yeah, I'm not sure this is the week you want to be playing Delaware...

LehighFan11
September 24th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Albany might lose this game because this is their 4th tough road game in a row and because Delaware is mad at the loss @ Furman, but if this was under normal conditions at the beginning of the year i'm taking Albany. Udel just isn't that strong this year.

Oldhen
September 24th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I can't see UD losing this game...

I couldn't see it last time, but we did.

Ruler
September 24th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I disagree I think the weather will help UA. Can we and will we pass? For sure, but our power running game is our bread and butter. UNH stacked the box and our back ran it 40 times. We got smoked thru the air against UMASS and UNH. W/O a passing game I am not sure UNH would have scored more then 14 pts. I could see the same strategy Sat night.

UA loves/needs to run between the tackles. UD strength is stopping the run. This will make for a short game and may the best O line win.

Bull Fan
September 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM
I hope Albany drills the Hens, but I could appreciate any CAA fan wanting UD to win for purpose of down-the-line strength of schedule.

Aw hell, I hope Albany drills the Hens!

ChickenMan
September 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Rain will hurt Albany. You should want Delaware to pass. ;)

I feel the same way about JMU... :p

Anovafan
September 24th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Rain may effect a lot of games on Sat. Is this one on TV? I'd love to watch it.

UAalum72
September 24th, 2008, 11:42 AM
but I could appreciate any CAA fan wanting UD to win for purpose of down-the-line strength of schedule.

But for UMass, UNH, and Hofstra that's a push anyway.

WrenFGun
September 24th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Frankly, I think Albany is going to win this game. The reason UNH was able to beat Albany was because they were able to throw the ball down the field for big plays (see 65 Yard TD to Sicko, 19 Yard TD to Kackert as time was running down). Without those plays, Albany wins. Albany CAN beat you if you stack the box and let them throw. They were very methodical (albeit a bit conservative) against UNH in that regard.

However, I will say that UD's front 7 is better than UNH's (but not by as much as people think) and that could pose a problem, since UA didn't run the ball particularly well against UNH.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Color me bitter or whatever else, but i just wasn't that impressed with Albany. I know I know, they beat Hofstra yada yada yada, but HU played one of the worst games I can recall and still could have won.

UD, at home, under the lights, pissed off from Furman, looking to avenge the home loss, too many factors working against Albany. I just think UD has too many athletes and i can't see Albany winning this one. Even if UD starts a different QB to shake things up, i think this will be the best defensive team Albany has or will face all season. I think UD wins this one without too much drama.

danefan
September 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Color me bitter or whatever else, but i just wasn't that impressed with Albany. I know I know, they beat Hofstra yada yada yada, but HU played one of the worst games I can recall and still could have won.

UD, at home, under the lights, pissed off from Furman, looking to avenge the home loss, too many factors working against Albany. I just think UD has too many athletes and i can't see Albany winning this one. Even if UD starts a different QB to shake things up, i think this will be the best defensive team Albany has or will face all season. I think UD wins this one without too much drama.

Its not bitter. Its true.
Albany did not play well at Hofstra - at all, and they were lucky to escape with a victory.
Albany played much better against UNH.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I don't DF, i know we talked about seeing the game two different ways. HU actually gave away points (blocked kicks, more like low and bad kicks, safety when HU QB just dropped the ball), Albany never really looked to be in the same position.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match about who looked worse, but HU clearly hurt themaselves more in that game. I just think UD will be the best team they face and Albany won't have the weapons to stay with them.

Ruler
September 24th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I am sure UNH and UMASS would disagree with u UB. But I do agree Delaware will be the best D we face although UMASS and UNH were not slouches.

UB you do sound a little bitter. Albany should of won going away. They played poorley and squeaked out a win we knew we should get. we thought we should of beat UNH BUT WE DIDNT. The best teams won no matter how poor some team on AGS plays.

I love when Albany wins its because the respective team they played sucks. YOU HAVE 63 SCHOLARSHIPS TO OUR 32. Just maybe Albany is better then Hofstra this year.

henfan
September 24th, 2008, 01:21 PM
The Delaware players and coaches are more than just "mad" about that unacceptable performance in Greenville. If you heard any of the post-game comments, you'd understand it goes beyond being upset. xmadx

The potential evident from this Delaware team far exceeds what they've demonstrated on the field the first three weeks of the season, particularly last week. The coaches know it. The players know it. The fans know it.

We'll see Saturday if this team is ready to answer the bell or if they're destined to be as modest as their record says they are. We'll see.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I am sure UNH and UMASS would disagree with u UB. But I do agree Delaware will be the best D we face although UMASS and UNH were not slouches.

UB you do sound a little bitter. Albany should of won going away. They played poorley and squeaked out a win we knew we should get. we thought we should of beat UNH BUT WE DIDNT. The best teams won no matter how poor some team on AGS plays.

I love when Albany wins its because the respective team they played sucks. YOU HAVE 63 SCHOLARSHIPS TO OUR 32. Just maybe Albany is better then Hofstra this year.

Trust me, i'm not bitter and as i pointed out, with HU you could point to specific instances where we gave away or left points on the field, not so for the Danes.

Also, I don't care how many scholarships you have. I played at HU when we offered none and still took down UNH 28-6 who were also the Yankee Conference champs that year. That means nothing to me. Bottom line, i have been associated with HU for 18 years and that was one of the worst performances i can recall. Albany really never threatened much during the game so winning it going away, you need to take off the rose-colored glasses because they're tainting your view. xcoolx

Maroon&White
September 24th, 2008, 01:24 PM

First I heard someone talk about this years UMass D that way.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2008, 01:28 PM

That's why I feel like UD will win this game, they are better defensively than anything Albany has faced. If they win i'll give them props, but it's hard to win if you can't keep up on the scoreboard.

dgreco
September 24th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Albany needs this win and hopefully they can get the win and build up the NEC by making a strong showing.

Ruler
September 24th, 2008, 02:16 PM
For the record I like my purple sunglasses. I think I look good in them. I am also one that thinks Delaware wins this game as I thought in 2006. But beating UNH 18 years ago 28-6? Without scholarships???? Can Gardi walk on water? Pinch me I am on the same board with an ex player that beat New Hampshire 18 years ago. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Proud Griz Man
September 24th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Albany vs. Delaware. My two favorite foods - pronto pups and chicken mcnuggets.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1a/FiveCornDogProntoPups.JPG/800px-FiveCornDogProntoPups.JPG
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Chicken_McNuggets.jpg/705px-Chicken_McNuggets.jpg

p.s. I hope it rains 11 inches on you guys. xlolx

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2008, 02:32 PM
For the record I like my purple sunglasses. I think I look good in them. I am also one that thinks Delaware wins this game as I thought in 2006. But beating UNH 18 years ago 28-6? Without scholarships???? Can Gardi walk on water? Pinch me I am on the same board with an ex player that beat New Hampshire 18 years ago. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Easy Mel Kiper...I guess I should have been more specific and spelled it out. I can relate to Albany as an up and coming team, i know what a thrill it is to beat a full scholarship team, i just don't recall having made such a big deal out of the scholarships. Albany seems to consistently point out about the scholarship differential with every win or loss. It's annoying IMO.

And for what it's worth since you mention it, Gardi did a hell of a job getting HU to do what they did without scholarships. But Albany reminds me of my pregnant cousin, she thinks she's the only woman in the world to ever have a baby. Go Danes!!! xbowx

GannonFan
September 24th, 2008, 02:36 PM

I agree - UMass has a good D? What season have they been watching?

Albany ended up beating a UD team in '06 that would end up under .500, gave up something close to 700 yards of offense to Towson that year, and was just abysmal defensively. And even then the game was close. This year, UD is stacked everywhere but the QB position, and even he isn't as bad as the 4 INT's at Furman would say. Too much defensive firepower this time for UD and Albany's defense isn't anywhere near what they had in '06 themselves. And that's even before you get to the intangibles of this being a payback game for two years ago and the Hens desperate for a win and pissed off they let a win get away last week.

Bull Fan
September 24th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Despite me pulling for Albany this year, let me add some perspective here.

Hofstra missed opportunities to put up plenty of points on Albany. The missed field goals weren't results of the Albany special teams, but rather the HU special teams gaffes. Poor snaps and kicks.

Hofstra's offensive coordinator was as guilty, calling a pussy's game. I think the bad scoreboard at the stadium led him to believe the DUTCH were up by 50 points; what else could have caused him to call such a conservative gameplan? And the final drive downfield later in the fourth quarter saw a Hofstra offense move downfield relatively easy. Unfortunately, the coaches didn't go for the throat, but played for a field goal and got burned.

And let's not forget one of my favorites from the game: fair-catching a punt at around their five yard line, setting up failure once again...

Albany got away with a victory, it was handed to them. I didn't see it so much as a triumph so much as a gift.

youwouldno
September 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Delaware has a much better defense than UNH or UMass this year... it's not even close. If their QB limits the turnovers, UD should win comfortably.

Bull Fan
September 24th, 2008, 02:51 PM

When Bob Ford can pull this type of victory off, we'll let you know. The Delaware win a couple years back isn't nearly as impressive, as stated above.

UD77
September 24th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Newark, DE

Friday
Sep 26 Showers
Hi: 69° Lo: 62°
Likely moderate rain. High 69F and low 62F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of Rain 75%
Saturday
Sep 27 Sprinkles
Hi: 72° Lo: 60°
Chance of light rain. High 72F and low 60F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%
Sunday
Sep 28 AM Rain
Hi: 77° Lo: 58°
Slight chance of light rain showers. High 77F and low 58F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of Rain 35%

If it rains hard on Fridaythe field will be covered. I don't think the 40% chance of light rain will make a difference. I am looking forward to our team showing up this week. This could be a game that makes or breaks the season, not just from a win/loss but from an intensity. If the Hens come out mad trying to prove something to themselves - watch out. Could set the mood for the team for the rest of the year. UD is not at bad as they showed last week. We have been in both the FU and Maryland games, and with the refs knowing that there is not halo rule anylonger we would have won last week. (For those that didn't see the FU/UD game -refs called interference on a punt using the old halo rule. FU fumbled the catch - UD got the ball - flag came out on the play. Bad, Bad call. There was no interference - receiver had a clear path to the ball, BUT the defender was behind him and within two yards (ie, halo rule)) Ball would have been on about the 20yard line.

Bull Fan
September 24th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I'm a firm believer that calls - both bad and good - level themselves out over the course of a game.

Caveat to that, is if the call in question is late enough in the game where one team is unable to "recover" or "make up" for the call; i.e., a blown call that takes away points / extends a drive a play or two where it results in a score that puts the game out of reach or brings it back into reach.

I believe the general flow of the game swallows up calls, and that they have the same value as a missed block, a fumble or other mental / physical mistakes, as well as questionable offense and/or defensive game calls by the coaches.

danefan
September 25th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Article on OL Raphael Nguti.
http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=723673&category=SPORTS

Ruler
September 25th, 2008, 10:46 AM
No question The Blue Hens scare me. This could be a blowout but I think Albany will be ready to play. NO DOUBT DELAWARE IS BETTER THEN THEIR RECORD. They scared me holding Maryland to 14.

I promise you one thing they will come to play. How much better is Delaware then UMASS or UNH? Or are they not as good? Trying to get a feel for the Blue Hens. As for the AGS poster who thinks Albany isint as good as they were 2 years ago you are mistaken. It is virtually the same offense with an upgrade @ QB and a big upgrade @ RB. On D we are a traditional Albany D with speedy LBs. We are a little smaller then normal across the front and as always suspect in pass coverage. Although Treveor Anderson on the DL is a beast @ 285 with speed. He is a future pro IMHO.

2-2 or 1-3? We shall see.

In the words of a very underated Pro coach named Jim Mora

"PLAYOFFS!!!???? PLAYOFFS!!!????? DONT TALK TO ME ABOUT PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!

89Hen
September 25th, 2008, 11:05 AM
NO DOUBT DELAWARE IS BETTER THEN THEIR RECORD.

How much better is Delaware then UMASS or UNH? Or are they not as good? Trying to get a feel for the Blue Hens.
So are most of the Hen fans, but I think Delaware is exactly as good as their record indicates. Two close road losses to very good teams. The Hens had a chance to win both (moreso the FU game) but didn't get it done. I think that should make you feel better.

The Maryland game was called very conservatively, but IMO it was that conservative calling that kept them in it, but prevented them from winning. That said, when the QB was allowed to open it up a little bit at FU, it resulted in some INT's. I just saw some of the selected highlights of the FU game this morning (posted on gohens) and they certainly had their chances to win that game.

Albany won't be afraid of the Hens, but then again, DelSt wasn't either. I don't think you can make any comparisons of the Hens and UNH or UMass... at least until next week when the Hens play UMass. I expect a close game Saturday, but I do expect the Hens to pull it out. xpeacex

DSUrocks07
September 25th, 2008, 03:16 PM
So are most of the Hen fans, but I think Delaware is exactly as good as their record indicates. Two close road losses to very good teams. The Hens had a chance to win both (moreso the FU game) but didn't get it done. I think that should make you feel better.

The Maryland game was called very conservatively, but IMO it was that conservative calling that kept them in it, but prevented them from winning. That said, when the QB was allowed to open it up a little bit at FU, it resulted in some INT's. I just saw some of the selected highlights of the FU game this morning (posted on gohens) and they certainly had their chances to win that game.

Albany won't be afraid of the Hens, but then again, DelSt wasn't either. I don't think you can make any comparisons of the Hens and UNH or UMass... at least until next week when the Hens play UMass. I expect a close game Saturday, but I do expect the Hens to pull it out. xpeacex

Is Schoenloft still the starter for this game?

89Hen
September 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Is Schoenloft still the starter for this game?
AFAIK there is no change at QB. xpeacex

WrenFGun
September 25th, 2008, 03:51 PM
As I said in the prediction thread, IMO, Albany wins this game. I think Albany will learn they need to open the playbook a little bit (they did that in the first half to stake themselves to a 17-7 lead before pulling the reigns back and losing 25-7 after that) and use their best player (their RB) as a decoy. Running the ball 39 times for 139 yards is not going to get it done. If they use the play action and come up with some big plays in addition to their grind it out offense, they'll win this game.

I think Albany's defense is better than they're being credited. They are not big, but they are reasonably athletic.

WrenFGun
September 25th, 2008, 03:52 PM
For the record, entering the season, of UNH, UMass and UD, I had it as UMass, UNH and UD, in that order, so admittedly, I'm not sold. I don't believe that Delaware has the offensive firepower to do what UNH did last week (in other words, I don't think that UD has the horses to make up the deficit the way that UNH did). No slight against UD, but schoddy QB play can destroy a team.

89Hen
September 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I don't believe that Delaware has the offensive firepower to do what UNH did last week (in other words, I don't think that UD has the horses to make up the deficit the way that UNH did). No slight against UD, but schoddy QB play can destroy a team.
You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would disagree with that. xpeacex

Henny
September 25th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah how true. I expect Robbie to be throwing footballs into the bushes if guys aren't wide open. Could you imagine how bad he got blasted this week? KC and Ginn in stereo.

UDBlueLotFan
September 26th, 2008, 07:18 AM
For the record, entering the season, of UNH, UMass and UD, I had it as UMass, UNH and UD, in that order, so admittedly, I'm not sold. I don't believe that Delaware has the offensive firepower to do what UNH did last week (in other words, I don't think that UD has the horses to make up the deficit the way that UNH did). No slight against UD, but schoddy QB play can destroy a team.

We have a stable of horses! Smith, Butler, Thaxton, Bradley, Jabbiexrulesx I've never seen so many horses available at RB before. We finally have depth at DL with big athletic horses xnodx We just need a O-gameplan to have our QB manage the game and utilize the talent around him or yes, schoddy QB play will destory a team that is capable of going deep in the playoffs.

henfan
September 26th, 2008, 07:23 AM
The Hens are as talented & deep at RB & WR as any team in the FCS. Now, if those guys only begin playing as they are capable...

There are things they can do to help an inexperienced QB.

HensRock
September 27th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I don't believe that Delaware has the offensive firepower to do what UNH did last week (in other words, I don't think that UD has the horses to make up the deficit the way that UNH did). No slight against UD, but schoddy QB play can destroy a team.

And I don't beleive UD has a defense that would allow them to fall into the deficit that UNH did last week. xtwocentsx

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Game on boys. Good luck to all Hens fans.

Tony Sparano makes the first tackle for his pops in the stands!

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
3 and out for Delaware on the first drive.

Boos for Delaware QB on first series already.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Roughing the kicker on UA. 1st down Hens.

Dumb play. Would have been Albany ball on the UD 45.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Albany stops on 3rd and 2. Hens to punt again.

3 and out the first two series for the Hens.

1 pass thrown and the announcers said there was no receiver anywhere near the ball.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:14 PM
McCarty gets the first play for a 10 yard run.

Flag in the area of holding.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:17 PM
4th and inches.

Fordie punts.....(thank god).

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Booming punt.

1st and 10 Hens at their own 39 yard line.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Delaware using Mashod as a RB (usually a WR apparently).

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Hens driving for the games first 1st down.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Mashod big run down to the 10 yard line.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Hens knocking on the door.

3rd and goal from the 1.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:22 PM
TD Hens.

6-0 PAT pending

danefan
6 play. 60 yard drive. 2:51 used.

7-0 Hens.

HensRock
It's Kervin Michaud

7-0 UD

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
It's Kervin Michaud

7-0 UD

Thanks.

I was spelling phonetically.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Danes opening up the playbook a little bit with a 20 yard play action pass on 1st down.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Hens defense is stuffing the run so far.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Esposito throwing well for Albany. Danes driving on the Delware 26.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Encroachment Hens.

3rd and 2 now on the UD 18.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:30 PM
McCarty stuffed again.

4 and 2 now for Albany.

Players asking to go for it.

Fordie has to burn a timeout.

HensRock
September 27th, 2008, 05:30 PM
4th and 2 from UD 18 for Albany
FB just left the game injured.

T.O. Albany

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Kick the FG.

On the road against a ranked team. Get some points.

danefan
Fordie going for it.

McCarty runs the 1st down.

big play

HensRock
McCarty - 1st down Danes

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:32 PM
4th and 2 from UD 18 for Albany
FB just left the game injured.

T.O. Albany

You watching the game or listening?

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:33 PM
McCarty starting to move the ball a little now.

3rd and 1 (or 2) on the 6.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:33 PM
1st down Danes.

1st and Goal UA. 1:23 left in the opening quarter.

HensRock
September 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
1st and goal for Albany from the 5

3 yd carry for McCarty
2nd and goal from 2

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
McCarty has 11 carries this quarter already.

HensRock
September 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
You watching the game or listening?

listening
WDSD.com is the UD audio.

WWII
September 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I'm listening

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:36 PM
McCarty has 7 carries in a row.

Playaction time

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Come on! Open the playbook. You're kidding me.

8 runs in a row with McCarty.. Come on.

4th and goal

HensRock
TD Albany \nice goal line stand by the Hens though.

danefan
TD Albany!

McCarty again. 9 straight carries.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM
PAT good.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I believe Delaware has only thrown the ball twice this game.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM
4th Down.
3 and out again.

More boos from the crowd apparently.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Good return for Albany.
Danes take over at Delaware 40 yard line.

Come on Danes!!!!!

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Please throw the ball

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Nope. McCarty agian.

I know one thing. This will be a short game if neither Albany nor Delaware throws the ball again.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:44 PM
sack Hens.

4th down.

Please punt the ball Fordie. Nothing crazy. No stupid fakes.

waste of good field position

HensRock
September 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Nice punt. Down at the UD 1

WWII
nice coverage!

danefan
Kick downed at the 1 yard line. Hens backed up coming out!

Good punt by Lynch

danefan
Sounds like a pretty boring game to watch.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Albany announcers saying that should have been a safety.
What are the hens announcers saying?

HensRock
September 27th, 2008, 05:46 PM
It would be nice if we had a QB that could at least threaten with a pass from this area of the field!

HensRock
September 27th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Albany announcers saying that should have been a safety.
What are the hens announcers saying?

Forward progress got him back to LOS

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Good stop by the Albany defense.

3 and out again for UD.

Punt away from their own end zone.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Danes take over at UD 44 yard line. Have to score here.

UNHWildCats
any score?

danefan
7-7

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:49 PM
McCarty stuffed again. 3rd and 8 or 9 coming up.

McCarty is going to have 20+ carries this half.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM
INT Delaware.

Pick 6 for Delaware.

Poor decision Esposito

WWII
nuts

HensRock
Tyrone Grant PICK 6 for Delaware!

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Alright. No problem. Albany has really controlled this game except for 2 plays (big run by Michaud and that pick 6).

Wasted two good field positions though.

HensRock
September 27th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Delaware broadcast says Esposito was hit as he threw

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Lets see what Esposito is made of.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Danes start at their own 34.

I wonder if they'll run McCarty?

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:55 PM
boring play calling once again.

Espo makes one bad play and they shut down the passing game. throw the ball on 3rd and 2. Pretty clear the run defense is good.

bunny
September 27th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Danes start at their own 34.

I wonder if they'll run McCarty?

He only has 17 carries in 1.5 quarters. He's on pace for about 45 for the game!

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:57 PM
He only has 17 carries in 1.5 quarters. He's on pace for about 45 for the game!

He had 35 or so last week.
Pretty clear who is getting the ball.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 05:58 PM
UD with the first complete pass I think.

bosidid
September 27th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Is it me or does UA simply look like 4th week of "THIS" is simply to much?

HensRock
September 27th, 2008, 06:01 PM
UD with the first complete pass I think.

actually it was the 2nd, soon followed by the 3rd - but I hear you. Beleive me i HEAR YOU!

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Is it me or does UA simply look like 4th week of "THIS" is simply to much?

Nah. Without one play (the INT) this game is probably 10-7 Albany or at least 7-7.

But it will be very tough though if UD gets up 21-7.

bosidid
September 27th, 2008, 06:02 PM
WOW

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM
INT Albany !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright!

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Now use the clock wisely Fordie

Whatever you don't give the ball back to Delaware.

Even if you have to take it at 14-7 into the half.

bosidid
September 27th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Who gets the ball to start the second half?

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Who gets the ball to start the second half?

Albany

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Just saw the Ole Miss upset of Florida.

Wow.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Hope that kids OK. Been down a long time.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:12 PM
First down Danes. Yes....

Run it up the gut for two plays and kick a FG!

danefan
So much for that idea.

WildcatFan
What's the score?

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Danes need some points here. 14-10 getting the ball back after the half would be AWESOME!

HensRock
14-7 UD
Injured player was Brian Void (LB) that is a big loss

danefan
Current score 14-7 UD

Albany driving with about 20 second left in the half.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Good job by Espo.

Keep playing smart kid!

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Oh man. That sucks. Pushes them into a LONG field goal attempt.

That alarm clock in his head has got to go off!

46 yard attempt coming.

Made a 47 yard last week

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Kick is up and blocked.

OK no problem....Danes get the ball back.

bunny
September 27th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Sack and block by John Higginson (replacing Marcorelle today).

Get Higgy with it.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Without the INT this is a tie game. Danes should be happy with that.

UD is the best defense the Danes have faced so far.

UD offense is struggling though.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:22 PM
46 passing yards for Delaware in the 1st half.

Tribe4SF
September 27th, 2008, 06:29 PM
46 passing yards for Delaware in the 1st half.

Schoenhoft apparently still struggling to find any rythym. UD announcers commented about how he does not seem on the same page with receivers.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Schoenhoft apparently still struggling to find any rythym. UD announcers commented about how he does not seem on the same page with receivers.

He had a few good passes in the last drive before the INT.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Alright second half kickoff to Albany coming up.

Raining now. Apparenlty very hard during halftime.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Danes get the ball to start at their own 39.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Quick kick coming up this play

Vintage Fordie.

(and BTW the dumbest play ever). I hate it.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Big play UD.

I hate to say it, but I don't think the Danes have it in them tonight. But then again I'm a pessimist.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:46 PM
TD UD.

Schoenhoft to Johnson with what sounds like a good throw.

bunny
September 27th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I think that's Johnson's first career TD catch.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:49 PM
McCarty with 18 carries for 37 yards.

Bad (or really good defense)

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Sack UD.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
stop them here or kiss it goodbye.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Schoenhoft sounds like he's getting into a rhythm now

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Good stop.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Field goal attempt for UD (43 yrd)

And its good.

24-7 UD

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 06:58 PM
22,191 announced attendance.

dgreco
September 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM
22,191 announced attendance.

must be nice to get those numbers

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Danes sound horrendous on offense right now.

Can't rely on the defense to stay on the field for this long against a CAA team.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:01 PM
this game will be over if UD scores this drive.

Syntax Error
September 27th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Albany needs this win badly

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Michaud is having a good game. I wonder what his yardage is

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Albany needs this win badly

Unfortunately I don't think its going to happen.

I'm now starting to see how these 4 tough road games have taken their toll.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Michaud is having a good game. I wonder what his yardage is

as soon as I say that, the kid gets hurt.:(

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Danes can't stop anything right now.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:11 PM
TD Delaware.

Jonathon Smith TD option pitch

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:14 PM
If one positive you can take if you're Albany is the kickoff returns by Gannon. He's got to have a 25+ yrd average.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Ritacco now in for Schoenhoft.

89Hen
September 27th, 2008, 07:25 PM
38-7 Hens. xeyebrowx

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Butt whooping in the second half.

Plain and simple. 4 tough road games finally caught up to the Danes. That and a tough UD defense.

Congrats to the Hens. We'll be rooting for you the rest of the season.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Backups in for both teams.

aceinthehole
September 27th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Butt whooping in the second half.

Plain and simple. 4 tough road games finally caught up to the Danes. That and a tough UD defense.

Congrats to the Hens. We'll be rooting for you the rest of the season.

I hate to say it, but that's what worries me about a schedule that tough. Next up is yet another road game at Duquesne who just got a very nice win over Dayton. Then you get what appears to be a dangerous CCSU team to come up to Albany.

89Hen
September 27th, 2008, 07:34 PM
We definitely owed you one danefan. Still have to be happy being able to say you're .500 vs the Hens in Newark. There's not a team in the CAA that can say the same. xsmiley_wix

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I hate to say it, but that's what worries me about a schedule that tough. Next up is yet another road game at Duquesne who just got a very nice win over Dayton. Then you get what appears to be a dangerous CCSU team to come up to Albany.

Duquense has all the momentum coming into next week. A long road trip for Albany. Definitely a worrisome game for Danes fans.

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I don't know if I need to eat crow or not for this loss, but if so I'm more then happy to do it.

Delaware whooped Albany tonight. Plain and simple. First half was close. Second half was not.

On to NEC play.

89Hen
September 27th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I don't know if I need to eat crow or not for this loss, but if so I'm more then happy to do it.
I don't think so. I thought this was going to be a very close game. :)

89Hen
September 27th, 2008, 07:39 PM
How about that sportsmanship from Keeler? Takes a knee on the 1. xthumbsupx

SunCoastBlueHen
September 27th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Frankly, I think Albany is going to win this game. The reason UNH was able to beat Albany was because they were able to throw the ball down the field for big plays (see 65 Yard TD to Sicko, 19 Yard TD to Kackert as time was running down). Without those plays, Albany wins. Albany CAN beat you if you stack the box and let them throw. They were very methodical (albeit a bit conservative) against UNH in that regard.

Well, it was close. xrolleyesx

rcny46
September 27th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Duquense has all the momentum coming into next week. A long road trip for Albany. Definitely a worrisome game for Danes fans.

Albany shouldn't have any problem whatsoever beating Duquesne IMHO.

Ivytalk
September 27th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Excellent job, Hens!xbowx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

Now go get UMazz next week!xnodx

93henfan
September 27th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Nice butt-whooping by the Hens, though Albany played tough in the first half. No need to eat any crow Danefan. We have over twice your schollies and you guys played valiantly for a while.

Just glad we didn't have to put up with hearing about losing to The University at Albany again.xthumbsupx

93henfan Jr. (3 1/2 years old) got to see his first Hens game tonight. He also laid his first golden stream on the Grand Wall of Piss halfway through the second quarter!

Now on to UMass with a banged up defense. Not liking the thought of this...

SunCoastBlueHen
September 27th, 2008, 08:18 PM

However, I will say that UD's front 7 is better than UNH's (but not by as much as people think) and that could pose a problem, since UA didn't run the ball particularly well against UNH.

As I said in the prediction thread, IMO, Albany wins this game. I think Albany will learn they need to open the playbook a little bit (they did that in the first half to stake themselves to a 17-7 lead before pulling the reigns back and losing 25-7 after that) and use their best player (their RB) as a decoy. Running the ball 39 times for 139 yards is not going to get it done. If they use the play action and come up with some big plays in addition to their grind it out offense, they'll win this game.

I think Albany's defense is better than they're being credited. They are not big, but they are reasonably athletic.

Nice butt-whooping by the Hens, though Albany played tough in the first half. No need to eat any crow Danefan.

No, but I think a Hen Hatin' UNH fan might like a little crow...

SonuvaHenx2
September 27th, 2008, 09:00 PM
93henfan Jr. (3 1/2 years old) got to see his first Hens game tonight. He also laid his first golden stream on the Grand Wall of Piss halfway through the second quarter!

Congrats!!!

xnodx xnodx xnodx

Rob Iola
September 27th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Must have missed the news - where was #11? Please tell me flu bug...

Uncle Buck
September 27th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Excellent! My 3 yr old son took in the first Hofstra game last week against URI. We didn't christen any walls though...big day for the kid and a nice W to go home with.

93henfan
September 27th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Must have missed the news - where was #11? Please tell me flu bug...

Can't provide any info, but yes, inquiring minds want to know...

93henfan
September 27th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Excellent! My 3 yr old son took in the first Hofstra game last week against URI. We didn't christen any walls though...big day for the kid and a nice W to go home with.

Congrats and nice work. Only had one problem tonight.

YouDee is a kid magnet and my son wanted a piece of him. Unfortunately YouDee stayed on the field most of the game. I stopped counting, but I'd estimate my son asked "Where's YouDee?" approximately 75 times during the game.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 27th, 2008, 09:28 PM
We definitely owed you one danefan. Still have to be happy being able to say you're .500 vs the Hens in Newark. There's not a team in the CAA that can say the same. xsmiley_wix

Since Delaware joined the Yankee in 1986, UNH is 6-2 at the Tub! xeekx xeekx Of course the Hens are 6-3 at Cowell during the same time. :p :p

danefan
September 27th, 2008, 09:32 PM
How about that sportsmanship from Keeler? Takes a knee on the 1. xthumbsupx

Two xthumbsupx xthumbsupx to Keeler. He is a class act and I'm glad he did that. I think Albany and Delaware could have a pretty good rivalry in all sports and this is a good way to start. Its 1-1 in football now and I'm looking forward to hosting the Hens at Bob Ford Stadium sometime in the future.xnodx

Good luck the rest of the season Hens Fans!

bluehenbillk
September 27th, 2008, 09:53 PM
The good news on injuries is Marcorelle tweaked a hammy and they expect him to play next week. The bad news is Michaud is done as a Hen, probable season ender broken clavicle.

UD just mauled Albany, held them to only 150 yds or so of total offense. Their big RB had less than 50 yds on 22 carries. Got Albany behind and they just don't have a passing game. Huge difference in depth was evident in the 4th qtr too.

Now the big games begin, must win for the Hens next week if they wanna make the playoffs. If they can make UMass one dimensional and just tee off on Coen.

93henfan
September 27th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Since Delaware joined the Yankee in 1986, UNH is 6-2 at the Tub! xeekx xeekx Of course the Hens are 6-3 at Cowell during the same time. :p :p

Delaware is 8-6 vs New Hampshire at The Tub. Delaware is 11-4 at New Hampshire.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 27th, 2008, 10:28 PM

Delaware is 8-6 vs New Hampshire at The Tub. Delaware is 11-4 at New Hampshire.

Yep, no argument, you owned us in the D-II, College Division Days. But in the modern era of I-AA/FCS days, my Wildcats have had some success in Newark.

GannonFan
September 27th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Yep, no argument, you owned us in the D-II, College Division Days. But in the modern era of I-AA/FCS days, my Wildcats have had some success in Newark.

Psst, the DII College Division Days were the same as the I-AA/FCS days - in both cases, they were the next level down from DI/FBS/whatever you call that level. Just nomenclature.

Henny
September 27th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Man Albany has a hard nosed team that just dosen't quite match the talent of a UD but if you want a slugfest, they will provide it. I really like the way Albany plays and will be routing for them the rest of the season.

henfan
September 29th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Agreed. Albany is a very hard, poised, well-coached FB team. xthumbsupx

The Danes just weren't deep enough to compete with UD for more than two quarters. It was evident in the lack of rotations coming from UA's sideline. Those kids look like they were running in quicksand by the 4th Q.

I was pleased that the UD backups and young guys were able to get quality game experience. That should prove helpful down the line.

Best of luck to UA the rest of the way.

WrenFGun
September 29th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Wanted to come back and eat some crow. Really thought Albany would win this game. Congrats to Delaware.

This is the type of game that makes rankings very difficult. Delaware handles Albany but has two losses, and UNH, at 4-0, struggles with Albany and is generally higher in the rankings. Egh.

SunCoastBlueHen
September 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Wanted to come back and eat some crow. Really thought Albany would win this game. Congrats to Delaware.

This is the type of game that makes rankings very difficult. Delaware handles Albany but has two losses, and UNH, at 4-0, struggles with Albany and is generally higher in the rankings. Egh.

I suppose it is all about match-ups. Any team that throws the ball well, like a UNH, will give the Delaware defense fits. Pounding the ball up the middle plays into the Hen's strength.

I hope the crow wasn't served too tough. Cudos for coming back and posting. xthumbsupx

WrenFGun
September 29th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Yes...I'm not really a Hen Hater per se. It's in my best interest as a rooting fan to hope that the teams UNH beats can perform against good teams, which it was clear that Albany could not do today.

With that said, I thought that if Albany could play how they did against either UNH or UD (and moreso versus UNH), they would have a win against one of those teams. I'm sure that's a sign of lack of depth, which is understandable, but oh well.

Good luck to UD next week. I'll be a UD fan against UMass (still hate them..).

YoUDeeMan
September 29th, 2008, 09:40 AM

Comparisons aren't always worth much, but they can be fun. Farva posted this on the UD board:

2008 Albany Yardage Totals

Total Offense
WK 1 (UMass) - 353
WK 2 (Hofstra) - 309
WK 3 (UNH) - 382
WK 4 (UD) - 150

Rushing
WK 1 (UMass) - 181
WK 2 (Hofstra) - 207
WK 3 (UNH) - 99
WK 4 (UD) - 57

Passing
WK 1 (UMass) - 172
WK 2 (Hofstra) - 102
WK 3 (UNH) - 283
WK 4 (UD) - 93

UD's defense has been pretty good. If we can stop the injuries...

Good luck to Albany the rest of the way! Anyone seen Dane96 lately? xeyebrowx Hope he got that job he wanted. xthumbsupx

89Hen
September 29th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Yes...I'm not really a Hen Hater per se.
You do know "per se" means "by itself"... so when you combine the Hens on the field with the Hen fans... you do become a hater? xsmiley_wix

henfan
September 29th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Wren, it was important not to get too caught up in these team's records coming in. Delaware had underperformed in both of their road losses, but more so in the Furman game. Everyone who had seen them play knew what they were capable of doing. It's a huge mistake to discount teams like Appalachian and Delaware this early in the season.

I said it on AGS after the FU game that UD is quite capable of beating all of the remaining teams on their schedule and I still think that. Problem is that the injuries are now beginning to mount. I don't know if I'll be able to make the same statement in a week or two if this trend continues.xsmhx

danefan
September 29th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Comparisons aren't always worth much, but they can be fun. Farva posted this on the UD board:

2008 Albany Yardage Totals

Total Offense
WK 1 (UMass) - 353
WK 2 (Hofstra) - 309
WK 3 (UNH) - 382
WK 4 (UD) - 150

Rushing
WK 1 (UMass) - 181
WK 2 (Hofstra) - 207
WK 3 (UNH) - 99
WK 4 (UD) - 57

Passing
WK 1 (UMass) - 172
WK 2 (Hofstra) - 102
WK 3 (UNH) - 283
WK 4 (UD) - 93

UD's defense has been pretty good. If we can stop the injuries...

Good luck to Albany the rest of the way! Anyone seen Dane96 lately? xeyebrowx Hope he got that job he wanted. xthumbsupx

Dane96 has been in Europe for a few weeks, galavanting. He did get the job he wanted (AFAIK) and he went to Europe for one last hoorah before he starts work.

DetroitFlyer
September 29th, 2008, 09:59 AM

I think that Albany defeats Duquesne rather easily. Our RB put up 96 yards on the Dukes. I think Albany's guy will run wild against the Dukes. Conner Dixon is the real deal at QB, but he is no Kevin Hoyng. He will complete some passes and the Dukes will score some points, but I think that Albany will take care of business....

danefan
September 29th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I think that Albany defeats Duquesne rather easily. Our RB put up 96 yards on the Dukes. I think Albany's guy will run wild against the Dukes. Conner Dixon is the real deal at QB, but he is no Kevin Hoyng. He will complete some passes and the Dukes will score some points, but I think that Albany will take care of business....

What happened this weekend DetroitFlyer? I thought you guys would handle them easily.

DetroitFlyer
September 29th, 2008, 12:06 PM
What happened this weekend DetroitFlyer? I thought you guys would handle them easily.

Well, they scored more points than we did....xbawlingx

Actually, the Dukes beat us much the same way we beat Fordham. We had better "numbers", but they made fewer mistakes and took advantage of the mistakes we made....

I think our spirit was broken at the end of the first half. We have the ball. First and goal at the 4.... We have three time outs left.... About 40 seconds on the clock.... Our running back has been enjoying good success running right up the gut.... So, what do we do? Pass.... On second down, our QB throws an interception. NO POINTS! Had we scored there, I think we would have won the game. Hats off to Duquesne for an inspired effort. Nothing great, just good, solid football with few mistakes.

Actually, Dayton has at least one issue.... Our QB is currently ranked #98 in FCS for passing efficiency. A far cry from Kevin Hoyng of last season.... He is also not nearly as mobile as Kevin. Hard to win games in the spread offense if you do not get above average QB play. So far, we are not there yet....