PDA

View Full Version : Who is NOT happy with your coach ?

beerkat
October 31st, 2005, 11:01 PM
Coach Todd Whitten at Sam Houston State has totally blown it this year. Every week he manages to do something so stupid it leaves everyone in disbelief. I will argue that he and the staff have choked away this season more than any other I-AA program in the country

MR. CHICKEN
November 1st, 2005, 08:39 AM
NOT HAPPY WHIFF...ANDY TALLEY...&...JOE GARDI!.......:p.......AWK!

ysubigred
November 1st, 2005, 09:07 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Pengunites were feeling better about Heacock untill he went 0-15 last week in UNI against top 25 ranked teams :bang: YSU hasn't sniffed the playoff's in the five years he's been there and every week he shocks us even more with his super play calling and personal substitutions.

To answer your question sir? NO NO NO NO NO NO !!! :splat:

dbackjon
November 1st, 2005, 10:18 AM
Here!

Will Jerome survive another year? I hope not.

Redbird Fan 21
November 1st, 2005, 11:06 AM
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoGuins
November 1st, 2005, 11:11 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Pengunites were feeling better about Heacock untill he went 0-15 last week in UNI against top 25 ranked teams :bang: YSU hasn't sniffed the playoff's in the five years he's been there and every week he shocks us even more with his super play calling and personal substitutions.

To answer your question sir? NO NO NO NO NO NO !!! :splat:

Actually, Coach Hiccup, as Paladin calls him, beat a ranked WIU team in 2001. I do know since Heacock has been coach YSU has not beaten UNI or WKU. If YSU finishes 7-4 with no playoffs (which is a good possibility), it's time for a change.

griz37
November 1st, 2005, 11:16 AM
Actually, Coach Hiccup, as Paladin calls him, beat a ranked WIU team in 2001. I do know since Heacock has been coach YSU has not beaten UNI or WKU. If YSU finishes 7-4 with no playoffs (which is a good possibility), it's time for a change.

Didn't you guys win like 2 games last year, then probably at least 7 this year & you want the coach fired. That is quite a turnaround especially when it seems so unexpected. :eek:

ccd494
November 1st, 2005, 11:55 AM
Does this club get jackets? I'd at least like to subscribe to your newsletter.

GoGuins
November 1st, 2005, 11:55 AM
Didn't you guys win like 2 games last year, then probably at least 7 this year & you want the coach fired. That is quite a turnaround especially when it seems so unexpected. :eek:

Heacock's record at YSU

2001 8-3 (just missed playoffs)
2002 7-4
2003 5-7
2004 4-7
2005 7-2 so far

1-14 record against ranked teams and no wins against UNI or WKU

As paladin has pointed out several times recruiting is the big issue with JH. Also, this year YSU has beaten only one team with a winning record. Even before the season started, most YSU fans expected to be 7-2 at this point because of the schedule. If YSU loses the next 2 games (@ SIU then WKU home) that will be a 3 game slide against the top 3 GFC teams and will show that YSU is still not with the GFC elite and JH still is not a good HC.

jstate83
November 1st, 2005, 12:32 PM
James "Can't win a game if you spotted me 50 points" Bell.............. :rolleyes:

WE FIRED HIS ARSE YESTERDAY AT 11:30 a.m.

We are sooooooooooooooooooo :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

Paladin1aa
November 1st, 2005, 01:03 PM
YSU, despite going 4-7 last year, lost most of their games by less than a TD. It was no stretch that with many coming back and 9 I-A transfers plus a host of Jucos that we should improve.

Next year, we will be loaded even more. Recruiting is a big issue. But HicCup has also shown an annoying game day brain fart -- not using his best players, pulling them when they are hot , play calling and frankly game prep.

This guy took over a top I-AA program & ran it into the ground . No one expects to go to the play-offs every year here, but ONCE in a 4 or 5 year period is reasonable.

The rumor is --no play-offs, no job.

And seems more than fair given the time he has had.

catbob
November 1st, 2005, 05:08 PM
If Kramer can't lead the Cats to at least a home playoff game in Lulay's senior season, there will be a bit of heat around him in Bozeman.

A lot of Cat fans feel this is our best shot for awhile. Kramer hasn't won more than 7 games yet.

gophoenix
November 1st, 2005, 06:58 PM
Elon fans are WAY upset about head coach Paul Hamilton and him doubling as offensive coordinator while his son is QB. We've gotten worse on offense with him at the helm. Though the defense has gotten a ton better under his assistants.

Lots are counting down the days until we 'Can the Ham'

Brad82
November 1st, 2005, 08:25 PM
I would give URI defensive coaches an F.
If he does not win the last two games,I would also give Tim Stowers an F.
He just received a extension until 2008-unbelievable!

TopsInDaVille
November 1st, 2005, 08:32 PM
If David Elson decides to fake another punt within his 15-yard line and then decides to punt at the opponent's 40-yard line, fans in Bowling Green are gonna start calling for his head.

ASU Kep
November 1st, 2005, 11:02 PM
Surprised no GSU posters yet. I guess they like to keep everything "internal". If you check out (spy) on their message board, you get the impression they're gonna kill the guy. Or maybe they're just keeping their mouths shut until after the big one, this weekend...oh, and no complaints on the App front, though Moore's contract has yet to be renewed. IMO Moore will be invited back if thats what he wants to do...hes a good coach and he definitely deserves it. Theres only one thing still missing from his resume...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2005, 11:15 PM
Where are all the Lembo haters? I've been one of his supporters through thick and thin, although another loss to Lafayette might change that. I figured someone from Lehigh would chime in and say Lembo is on the hot seat.

Kill'em
November 2nd, 2005, 07:38 AM
Surprised no GSU posters yet. I guess they like to keep everything "internal". If you check out (spy) on their message board, you get the impression they're gonna kill the guy. Or maybe they're just keeping their mouths shut until after the big one, this weekend...oh, and no complaints on the App front, though Moore's contract has yet to be renewed. IMO Moore will be invited back if thats what he wants to do...hes a good coach and he definitely deserves it. Theres only one thing still missing from his resume...
Believe me, I'm tired of hearing it. Yes, I've questioned some of Coach Sewak's decisions, like going completely conservative at App. St, but he has also made some gutty calls that worked beautifully. We'll be just fine with Sewak at the helm.

poharry
November 2nd, 2005, 09:23 AM
I'll step out and say I am not satisfied with Coach P. I think he has run his course at WIU and a change maybe good.

TypicalTribe
November 2nd, 2005, 10:17 AM
Where are all the Lembo haters? I've been one of his supporters through thick and thin, although another loss to Lafayette might change that. I figured someone from Lehigh would chime in and say Lembo is on the hot seat.

Why in the world would he be on the hot seat when another 9-2 season is well within reach. I could see it if Lehigh loses to Lafayette again which costs them the Patriot title and a playoff berth, but there isn't too much to complain about right now.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 2nd, 2005, 10:28 AM

Actually, right now we have a shot at getting in a decent position in the playoffs and everyone is happy. But if the eagles have one bad game they'll be all over the place. Most of them were silent for most of last season until the Furman game and after that. Most people don't give criticisms when we are winning too, so I can't take them seriously for getting mad at a 8-3 or 7-4 season.

Overall, I give Sewak an B-...do not want to get rid of him at this point.

blackfordpu
November 2nd, 2005, 11:29 AM
Coach Todd Whitten at Sam Houston State has totally blown it this year. Every week he manages to do something so stupid it leaves everyone in disbelief. I will argue that he and the staff have choked away this season more than any other I-AA program in the country

Yes, TW has been a huge dissappointment this season. From questionable play calling, coaching decisions, position decisions, inability to motivate his team...... :bang:

Hopefully he can get it together, Kat fans will not put up with this for long. We have tasted success and like it!

Seven Would Be Nice
November 2nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
heres my take on the whole sewak thing.

GSU has always been a very guttsie team, hell we go for it on 4th down like three times a game, and almost always get it. when you have risky play calling, depending on the outcome, you are either called a genius or an idiot.

so now pile a couple of losses on from a very young team, and suddenly now when a 4th and 2 comes up and we get stopped because our QB is a sophomore and doesnt have the experiance that say chaz williams had last year, everyone turns to the coach and thinks he is a moron. when in fact he was confident in his young QB that in a way let him down.

since we are having a mediocre (but still a winning) season, everyone things our coach is a complete idiot, but really he is not that bad, and i feel he has done alot with a very young inexperianced team. personally i have seen TONS of improvements in watching the eagles from the begining of the year to now.

good luck saturday eagles :)

SpiritCymbal
November 2nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
I'll be the A-hole GSU poster...anything less than the Quarterfinals or even the Semi's and I think that it will be time to see Sewak and GSU part ways. I truely like the guy. Love to talk to him, he's definitely passionate about GSU. But there are WAY to many similarities with the program now and the program in the early 90's under Stowers. And I'm not talking about simple wins and losses. Our inability to win close games, win against ranked opponents and the lack of discipline by the team are the biggest problems I and others have.

Personally, I see the upwards turn of the team these past couple of weeks due to the leadership of our Seniors, not our coaching staff....We'll see what happens.......

ISUMatt
November 2nd, 2005, 01:51 PM
99.9% of Redbird nation wants coach Denver Johnson gone...

I think I am the 0.1% that wants him to return!!!

bulldog10jw
November 6th, 2005, 07:36 AM
this is why many Yale fans and alum think it is time for a change

http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15525113&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=7592&rfi=6

Dave Solomon
11/06/2005

NEW HAVEN — Whatever grace Jack Siedlecki may have built with an impressive march up the Ivy League ranks in the late 1990s doesn't obscure the begging question of Saturday afternoon at Yale Bowl.

When was the last time Yale won a pivotal game against a quality league opponent in the final month of the season?

The sorry fact is that it last happened on Nov. 20, 1999, when Yale defeated Harvard to clinch a share of the Ivy League title.

charliej
November 6th, 2005, 12:57 PM
He just received a extension until 2008-unbelievable!

Many Nova supporters are grumbling about the same thing. Talley just got an extension last year in the middle of a three year skid that has seen Nova go from Playoff semi to cellar dweller.

Toppermaniac
November 6th, 2005, 01:55 PM
I, for one, am completely disgusted with WKU's offensive coordinator and his entire staff. The offensive playcalling has been absolutely horrible. When your starting tailback is out, you need to throw more on first down, and we still attempt to continue to pound the ball up the middle even when the opposing defense is laying in wait for the run. Morons.

MR. CHICKEN
November 6th, 2005, 03:11 PM
:bawling: NOT HAPPY WHIFF KEELER....LOSIN' 13-0 TA UMA$$...WHIFF LESS DAN UH MINUTE IN DUH FIRST HALF......."SPECIAL K"........DECIDES TA TRY AN' SCORE FROM DEEP IN OUR OWN TERRITORY...........SONNY...FIRES UH SCUD......TA UMA$$'S ALL-WORLD SECONDARY..........INTERCEPTED..FOR 6...AN' WORSE....DUH PILGRIMS GET 2 EXTRA-POINTS......DOWN 21-SQUAT...AT HALF.....COULDA..SHUDDA WENT INTA DA LOCKER-ROOM DOWN 13-ZIP!.......GOIN' AGIN' DA BEST D..AROUND.....WE CAN'T MOVE DUH PIGGY ALL DAY........BUT KC.......ALL O' UH SUDDEN...THINKS WE'RE.....SOUTHERN CAL!.....:bawling::bawling:......BRAWK!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

JohnStOnge
November 6th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I'm a touch nervous about McNeese. After having missed the playoffs only twice in 13 years 1991-2003, and never in consecutive seasons, the Cowboys have missed the tournament two consecutive years now. I could elaborate on specific things that concern me but that's not necessary. Bottom line is that I'm wondering if this is the start of a long drought.

blackfordpu
November 6th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Everytime Whitten shows some promise he comes out the next week and loses all of that praise. I am interested to see how he prepares the team for Northern Colorado next week.

President Gatner wants to win, I give him 3-5 years max if he does not start winning. There will be NO 23 years run like RR had.

Kill'em
November 6th, 2005, 08:21 PM
I'm a touch nervous about McNeese. After having missed the playoffs only twice in 13 years 1991-2003, and never in consecutive seasons, the Cowboys have missed the tournament two consecutive years now. I could elaborate on specific things that concern me but that's not necessary. Bottom line is that I'm wondering if this is the start of a long drought.
After what I saw back in September, you still have a terriffic program.

Kill'em
November 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I wonder, after beating Furman, how much heat is off Coach Sewak.

JMUfan2008
November 6th, 2005, 09:08 PM
our offensive coach is AWFUL!!! With better play calling I think we could have won at least half of the games that we lost. Yes we need better senior leadership, but it's hard to win when the plays called are terrible.

TXST_CAT
November 6th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Everytime Whitten shows some promise he comes out the next week and loses all of that praise. I am interested to see how he prepares the team for Northern Colorado next week.

President Gatner wants to win, I give him 3-5 years max if he does not start winning. There will be NO 23 years run like RR had.

I think he just needs a year to feel out the conferense. He made a big jump and our conference is not getting any easier. It also didn't help that you starting QB bombed. I think next year will be a better one for the Kats. See you in two weeks.

TXST_CAT
November 6th, 2005, 11:39 PM

It's not the same conference. Every year our conference seems to get tougher. With the new coaches (in SLC) and demand for winning programs I think McNeese is going through some growing pains.