PDA

View Full Version : Props to JMU band

IndianaAppMan
September 22nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
When I was listening to the game via goasu.com Saturday night, I heard a song that sound vaguely familiar from one of the marching bands. As it turns out, yes indeed, the JMU Marching Dukes learned the music to the all-too-infamous "Hot Hot Hot" song. As old as it gets hearing people on AGS beat that song (and "like such as the Iraq US Americans") to death, that was absolutely hilarious. It actually lightened my mood as my Apps endured a tough defeat. xlolx xlolx xlolx

I could only hope our band would do the same kind of thing, if it had the opportunity.

Having said that, I hope App turns around and spends October & November reminding everyone who owns the SoCon and gets another chance to make JMU hang their heads in defeat come playoff time.

mcveyrl
September 22nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
When I was listening to the game via goasu.com Saturday night, I heard a song that sound vaguely familiar from one of the marching bands. As it turns out, yes indeed, the JMU Marching Dukes learned the music to the all-too-infamous "Hot Hot Hot" song. As old as it gets hearing people on AGS beat that song (and "like such as the Iraq US Americans") to death, that was absolutely hilarious. It actually lightened my mood as my Apps endured a tough defeat. xlolx xlolx xlolx

I could only hope our band would do the same kind of thing, if it had the opportunity.

Having said that, I hope App turns around and spends October & November reminding everyone who owns the SoCon and gets another chance to make JMU hang their heads in defeat come playoff time.

It was some quality "band smack." Not sure how many people caught it, but I definitely did.

JMUSaxMRD
September 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
As a bad side effect of being in the band and hearing the trumpets and trombones playing Hot Hot Hot, I have not been able to get that song out of my head for the past week or so. However, I'm glad some people got the inside joke. Glad you enjoyed it.

Skjellyfetti
September 22nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed it. The band was singing the words as well. Would have been awesome if they could have coordinated it with the students to sing... or posted the lyrics on the video board. xlolx

Only other band smack I remember was the Minnesota band playing "Rocky Top" as they dominated Alabama in a bowl game a few years ago.

biggie
September 22nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed it. The band was singing the words as well. Would have been awesome if they could have coordinated it with the students to sing... or posted the lyrics on the video board. xlolx
Well the students already had their song printed upside down on their shirts to sing, so they were out of room for Hot, Hot, Hot lyrics.

JMUSaxMRD
September 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Well the students already had their song printed upside down on their shirts to sing, so they were out of room for Hot, Hot, Hot lyrics.

This is true, Freshmen, starting a couple years ago, get a shirt with the fight song lyrics printed upside down on it so they know the words... sad but true.

JmuSkinsfan
September 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
Well I tried to do my part. I printed out 160 copies of the lyrics and distributed them to my right. I don't know how far they got. But I only heard bits and pieces of Hot Hot Hot throughout the night. It was so loud in the student section it was nearly impossible to hear, let alone sing in unison along with it

SoCon48
September 24th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Hopefully our band will start playing by the time you come back for the play-offs.

BDKJMU
September 24th, 2008, 10:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYgdCRmziAk

JMUSaxMRD
September 24th, 2008, 11:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYgdCRmziAk

A fellow saxophone took those videos :D

LeopardFan04
September 25th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Well done.

ASUMountaineer
September 25th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Yeah, I caught it as soon as I heard it. I agree with Indiana, the BOD needs to play HOT, HOT, HOT. May as well embrace it, no one is going to let us live it down. Kudos to the band, good job.

appfan2008
September 25th, 2008, 07:31 AM
That is some funny stuff... cant say I heard it live maybe I was concentrating on the game or so worked I didnt hear it but that makes me laugh... being an asu band alum I can promise you if we were given the opportunity we would NOT do something like that which is quite a shame... :(

appfan2008
September 25th, 2008, 07:33 AM
after watching the video I am left to wonder what the hell were the mellophones doing in the foreground???

appfan2008
September 25th, 2008, 07:35 AM
man... its like they just won the super bowl!

mcveyrl
September 25th, 2008, 07:44 AM
after watching the video I am left to wonder what the hell were the mellophones doing in the foreground???

Yea, I was watching it with my dad this morning and he goes..."That guys not helping it" xlolx

mcveyrl
September 25th, 2008, 07:45 AM
man... its like they just won the super bowl!

Seriously, it was pretty overboard for a mid-September game, but a few things contributed: 1) you guys ARE the three time national champions, 2) the way we lost the last game; and 3) the way we won this one.

Still, we were ranked no. 5 and this game is pretty meaningless if we lose three more games.

Bull Fan
September 25th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Is this one of those "One time, at band camp...." threads? ;)