Maine 24 James Madison 23
Bye 73 Massachusetts 72
William & Mary 63 Idle 28

paward
September 21st, 2008, 08:11 PM
Is this a SERIOUS thread?

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 21st, 2008, 08:22 PM
I think UNHWildcats is right on ... I just think the bye will hold Umass to a lower score ... maybe win 73-61.

Seawolf97
September 21st, 2008, 08:34 PM
Maine over JMU ?

GannonFan
September 21st, 2008, 08:35 PM
Right now, there's no way that UMass can stop BYE, just too many weapons and frankly, UMass is unable to tackle anyone.

As for UNHWildcats, I have to give him props, although I'm still predicting a close JMU win - JMU/Maine, in Orono, a week after JMU won the September National Title, is as much of a trap game as there's ever been. Maine's not terrible, JMU doesn't play well on the road or in New England (or near-Canada as this game is) and JMU is already talking up the matchup against Richmond a couple of weeks from now. JMU waited and planned 10 months to beat Appy St this weekend, and I think they beat Maine on talent alone next weekend, but it could be much closer than anyone, outside of UNHWildcats, thinks.

mcveyrl
September 21st, 2008, 09:04 PM
Right now, there's no way that UMass can stop BYE, just too many weapons and frankly, UMass is unable to tackle anyone.

As for UNHWildcats, I have to give him props, although I'm still predicting a close JMU win - JMU/Maine, in Orono, a week after JMU won the September National Title, is as much of a trap game as there's ever been. Maine's not terrible, JMU doesn't play well on the road or in New England (or near-Canada as this game is) and JMU is already talking up the matchup against Richmond a couple of weeks from now. JMU waited and planned 10 months to beat Appy St this weekend, and I think they beat Maine on talent alone next weekend, but it could be much closer than anyone, outside of UNHWildcats, thinks.

I'm with you. Definitely a scary game for JMU. It will be close.

Seawolf97
September 21st, 2008, 09:23 PM
I think the Stonybrook-Hofstra is another close one. I have no idea what the final score will be but it matches two programs still trying establish themselves this season. Both have rookie QBs and Stonybrook seems to have lost its offense since the Elon game. It should be a good game for the fans and it is televised on MSG. These match ups draw well and it is built up by the local media as the Battle of Long Island should be good.

aust42
September 21st, 2008, 10:42 PM
Friday September 26
Hofstra at Stony Brook

Saturday September 27
UC Davis at Northeastern
Rhode Island at Boston College
Richmond at Villanova
Albany at Delaware
New Hampshire at Dartmouth
Columbia at Towson
James Madison at Maine
Bye at Massachusetts
Idle at William & Mary

Stony Brook 24 Hofstra 21
UC Davis 34 Northeastern 30
Boston College 48 Rhode Island 13
Richmond 21 Villanova 20
Albany 24 Delaware 21
New Hampshire 48 Dartmouth 28
Columbia 24 Towson 10
Bye 73 Massachusetts 72

Delaware will destroy Albany. We're coming off an embarrassing 5 turnover, penalty infested fiasco loss. Keeler will remind them of the embarrassing Albany defeat a couple years ago and the crowd will be raucous. Albany gets beat 45-10.

BDKJMU
September 21st, 2008, 11:08 PM
Delaware will destroy Albany. We're coming off an embarrassing 5 turnover, penalty infested fiasco loss. Keeler will remind them of the embarrassing Albany defeat a couple years ago and the crowd will be raucous. Albany gets beat 45-10.

I saw Schoenhoft threw 4 picks, including one for a TD vs FU, and has 6 now in 3 games. Any talk of a QB change, or is he definitely UD's best QB still pretty much entrenched as the starter?

minuteman65
September 22nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
Man, UMass is gonna SHUT THAT BYE OUT! Have you watched us? We're the best team in the nation in tackling air!

T-Dog
September 22nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
Man, UMass is gonna SHUT THAT BYE OUT! Have you watched us? We're the best team in the nation in tackling air!

xlolx

Also, might want to update that sig. It'll be painful, but you gotta stick through the good times and the bad.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 22nd, 2008, 01:14 AM
Many of us were immediately talking about Maine after App St. We JMU fans remember the troubles we have had in Orono. Last time we saw them in 2005, they only scored 2 on us. No, not two touchdowns, 2 points from a funny safety in the 4th qtr. if my memory is right.

Anyway, we got lucky up there in 2004, and that last minute TD set the tone for a hell of a run that year. Maine has been waiting two years for this and probably is licking their chops, unless they are licking their wounds.

I think JMU should be able to win. But anything from weather to emotions can take the focus off the task at hand. Maine will be tough. Win or lose, they are always tough, especially in Orono.

minuteman65
September 22nd, 2008, 01:14 AM
xlolx

Also, might want to update that sig. It'll be painful, but you gotta stick through the good times and the bad.

Good call. I don't pay enough attention.

mainejeff
September 22nd, 2008, 01:15 AM
Hofstra 28 Stony Brook 14
Northeastern 35 UC-Davis 31
Boston College 38 Rhode Island 10
Richmond 26 Villanova 17
Delaware 17 Albany 10
New Hampshire 62 Dartmouth 35
Columbia 21 Towson 3
James Madison 31 Maine 13

Husky Alum
September 22nd, 2008, 01:20 AM
The score of the UMass-Northeastern game may resemble an Arena Football game.

NU can't stop a fart, and it looks like UMass doesn't do much better.

bleedblue
September 22nd, 2008, 01:32 AM

What? UD 45 points? Not gonna happen and we may even loose. I think we squeak by with 1 td win but it will be close game right up to the end. I don't think Albany will score much. Defense will be angry because they played well enough to beat Furman and Maryland. We will not blow out anyone this year.

minuteman65
September 22nd, 2008, 01:43 AM
What? UD 45 points? Not gonna happen and we may even loose. I think we squeak by with 1 td win but it will be close game right up to the end. I don't think Albany will score much. Defense will be angry because they played well enough to beat Furman and Maryland. We will not blow out anyone this year.

Good to hear. Maybe we can hold you to under 50. xprayx

Hoyadestroya85
September 22nd, 2008, 01:46 AM
Villanova 17
Richmond 10

th0m
September 22nd, 2008, 06:00 AM

I don't know in which context you mean this, as in the last 20 years or in the last couple of years, but here are some facts:

CAA North road games:

2004: @ Maine, W 24-20
2005: @ Hofstra, W 42-10, @ UMass, L 10-7
2006: @ UNH, W 42-23
2007: @ Northeastern, W 21-14, @ URI, W 44-27

Seems to me, 5-1 isn't too shabby.

Now I'm not disputing that Maine is a potential trap game, but to say we've not done well in the CAA North on the road just isn't true.

19Duke97
September 22nd, 2008, 09:50 AM

I agree 100%. Before the season, I predicted JMu would go 9-2, and if there are two "trap" games on our schedule, it's @Maine and @Villanova. mainse is such a difficult place to play, there just is usually nobody there ( a few thousand tops), it's in the middle of nowhere, and usually cold (at least this is Sept not November). to top it off Maine has historically had great defenses. While I think JMU gets past Maine, I think it will be a tough, hard fought win. Now JMU has to live with the target on their backs.

WrenFGun
September 22nd, 2008, 10:40 AM
I think Maine is a little easier to play at earlier in the season. That wretched finale game up in Orono is always a pain for UNH. They almost blew a 35 point lead four years ago, and won in OT two years ago to clinch a playoff berth.

rcny46
September 22nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
JMU

Villanova

BC

Northeastern

Hofstra

UNH

It's difficult enough just trying to pick the winners in this league,so I'll skip the score predictions.

LehighFan11
September 22nd, 2008, 11:27 AM
I think Richmond might win by 2 scores. Villanova hasn't looked very impressive so far, if Young can have a good game then I expect a FG to win it.

andy7171
September 22nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
JMU

Villanova

BC

Northeastern

Hofstra

UNH

It's difficult enough just trying to pick the winners in this league,so I'll skip the score predictions.

I like to personally thank you for not giving your prediction of the Towson-Columbia game. Damned decent of you.

Travis and MJ, you guys are giving us a lot of credit think we can score 10 or 3 points. I'll be watching the inevitable and completely humiliating home loss from the Crapsville Bar. I should be getting there around 3 pm today.

xbawlingx

aust42
September 22nd, 2008, 12:28 PM
I saw Schoenhoft threw 4 picks, including one for a TD vs FU, and has 6 now in 3 games. Any talk of a QB change, or is he definitely UD's best QB still pretty much entrenched as the starter?

Fans are talking about it but nothing official yet. The QB competition was so close in Spring ball and fall camp that a starter wasn't named until the MD game. Schoenhoft has not performed well at all. He threw a pic on the last drive against MD that could have tied the game and single handedly lossed the game for us against Furman. I would hope that a "relief pitcher" is in the game play against Albany.

aust42
September 22nd, 2008, 12:38 PM

We won't lose. Our defense won't let them score more than 10 points and I think the psyche of the team this week will be very angry with a chip on their shoulder. With all the mistakes we made last week the focus in practice this week will be on executing sound plays and limiting mistakes. The QB play has obviously held back the Offense. I predict a new QB (Ritacco) under center that the team will rally around. When Ritacco sees the 23k fired up fans and pops a hard on, he'll sieze his opportunity and play well. Just a hunch.

Go Hens!

rcny46
September 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
I like to personally thank you for not giving your prediction of the Towson-Columbia game. Damned decent of you.

Travis and MJ, you guys are giving us a lot of credit think we can score 10 or 3 points. I'll be watching the inevitable and completely humiliating home loss from the Crapsville Bar. I should be getting there around 3 pm today.

xbawlingx

I am sorry about leaving your game out of my post.It was an error on my part and had nothing to do with the relevant importance of the game with Columbia-I just forgot to include it.BTW,I am going to go with Towson in this one-because I think they are the better team and are playing at home.They are due IMO.

th0m
September 22nd, 2008, 01:18 PM
We won't lose. Our defense won't let them score more than 10 points and I think the psyche of the team this week will be very angry with a chip on their shoulder. With all the mistakes we made last week the focus in practice this week will be on executing sound plays and limiting mistakes. The QB play has obviously held back the Offense. I predict a new QB (Ritacco) under center that the team will rally around. When Ritacco sees the 23k fired up fans and pops a hard on, he'll sieze his opportunity and play well. Just a hunch.

Go Hens!

Ritacco xeekx Sounds too much like Flacco for my liking :(

Nah but seriously, I don't anticipate you'll have a problem with Albany.

WrenFGun
September 22nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Stony Brook 17 Hofstra 13
UC Davis 34 Northeastern 24
Boston College 37 Rhode Island 10
Richmond 28 Villanova 10
Albany 16 Delaware 14
New Hampshire 41 Dartmouth 31
Towson 13 Columbia 12
James Madison 21 Maine 10

andy7171
September 22nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
I am sorry about leaving your game out of my post.It was an error on my part and had nothing to do with the relevant importance of the game with Columbia-I just forgot to include it.BTW,I am going to go with Towson in this one-because I think they are the better team and are playing at home.They are due IMO.

I wish I could agree with you. xnonono2x

BTW, ...

UC Davis at Northeastern - based solely on the coast to coast flight
Rhode Island at Boston College - URI is improved, but not this much
Richmond at Villanova - home field advantage, best game of the week IMO
Albany at Delaware - I smell an upset, Albany is on a roll
New Hampshire at Dartmouth - UNH easy
Columbia at Towson - Towson sucks, shoot me now.
James Madison at Maine - a long trip and a big let down occuring

aust42
September 22nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Ritacco xeekx Sounds too much like Flacco for my liking :(

Nah but seriously, I don't anticipate you'll have a problem with Albany.

Albany is a good football team and has vastly improved their program in recent years. We owe them one. I just think they'll be walking into a hornets nest Saturday.

danefan
September 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
Albany is a good football team and has vastly improved their program in recent years. We owe them one. I just think they'll be walking into a hornets nest Saturday.

The Danes will be ready. Don't forget the Danes have much more on the line then Delaware. Albany loses and they have no chance at making the playoffs.

Delaware can lose and still make the playoffs. Danes will be ready. You can bet that.

However, any team with 63 rides at home with 23,000 fans should beat a lowely limited scholarship team by 3 TD's.....xrolleyesx

19Duke97
September 22nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
UC Davis at Northeastern - Northeastern, they are due 24-20
Rhode Island at Boston College - BC, by 3 TD's 28-7
Richmond at Villanova - Villanova in upset special 24-21
Albany at Delaware - Delaware should be pissed off 35-21
New Hampshire at Dartmouth - UNH O too much 49-24
Columbia at Towson - Towson in the lowlight game of the week 20-10.
James Madison at Maine -JMU in a tough win 28-17

WrenFGun
September 22nd, 2008, 03:12 PM
I don't see how anyone expects Delaware to put up 30+ points on Albany, with either Schoenhoft or Ritacco at QB. While I think Albany will encounter similar problems running the ball as they did against UNH, I'm not sure they'll throw great, either. However, Delaware does not have near the offensive firepower that UNH has (keeping in mind, especially, that UNH was without their second best WR last week in JT Wright).

If Albany opens the playbook up a bit, I expect an Albany victory.

aust42
September 22nd, 2008, 03:17 PM
The Danes will be ready. Don't forget the Danes have much more on the line then Delaware. Albany loses and they have no chance at making the playoffs.

Delaware can lose and still make the playoffs. Danes will be ready. You can bet that.

No doubt the Danes will be ready. But I think Delaware has much more on the line than Albany. Albany has no chance of making the playoffs now even if you win out. Delaware loses this game and their psyche will be ruined and the season lost.

danefan
September 22nd, 2008, 03:18 PM
I don't see how anyone expects Delaware to put up 30+ points on Albany, with either Schoenhoft or Ritacco at QB. While I think Albany will encounter similar problems running the ball as they did against UNH, I'm not sure they'll throw great, either. However, Delaware does not have near the offensive firepower that UNH has (keeping in mind, especially, that UNH was without their second best WR last week in JT Wright).

If Albany opens the playbook up a bit, I expect an Albany victory.

If Albany opened up the playbook at all I think they'd be 3-0 or 2-2 this week. Albany has a very young (29yr old) first year Offensive Coordinator (1st year anywhere at OC - was the QB coach for the last few years). Play calling in the first 3 weeks has been boring at best.

Hey, its 3rd and goal on the 5, lets run off tackle into the boundry for the next two plays. Great plan.xwhistlex

danefan
September 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM
No doubt the Danes will be ready. But I think Delaware has much more on the line than Albany. Albany has no chance of making the playoffs now even if you win out. Delaware loses this game and their psyche will be ruined and the season lost.

Why not?

9-2 with wins over Hofstra and UD and very competitive loses to top 10 teams should get them in playoffs. Doesn't mean anything now though. Gotta win this week.

WrenFGun
September 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Albany will and should make the playoffs if they run the table.

aust42
September 22nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Why not?

9-2 with wins over Hofstra and UD and very competitive loses to top 10 teams should get them in playoffs. Doesn't mean anything now though. Gotta win this week.

Because you play in the Northeast Conference. "Competetive losses" don't mean squat. You beat a bad Hofstra team and if you beat Delaware we'll most likely not have a good record at the end of the season.

I take back all that I said about our Offense scoring 45 points. I think we'll still win but it will be close after reading this from the Newark Post. http://www.newarkpostonline.com/articles/2008/09/22/sports/doc48d7d78c9423f515618259.txt

No change at QB

Despite Schoenhoft’s four interceptions, Keeler doesn’t expect to make a change at quarterback any time soon.

“If you look at Robby’s first three games at quarterback, his stats stack up very favorable to Joe Flacco’s,” Keeler said. “And Robby has played Maryland, West Chester and Furman – a much tougher three games than Joe’s three against West Chester, Rhode Island and Albany.”

Keeler also noted that both Andy Hall and Sonny Riccio didn’t have easy starts to their Blue Hen careers.

“Coming home on the plane, I asked [offensive coordinator] Brian Ginn if he considered making a change during the game and he said absolutely not. I didn’t consider it during the game either. I think [Schoenhoft] is the best option we have. If that changes, then I’ll make a change.”

I completely disagree with Keeler but what the hell do I know? I don't recall Andy Hall and Sonny Riccio starting out as horrible as Schoenhoft has. Albany you now have a chance.

ccd494
September 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
JMU will beat Maine by three scores. This isn't your older brother's Black Hole Defense (I went to undergrad with the Black Hole defense, and you sir are no Black Hole Defense). Unfortunately, this IS your older brother's Maine offense.

GannonFan
September 22nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
New Hampshire 48 Dartmouth 31 – The battle for bragging rights in the state of New Hampshire has been a decent series and, with UNH’s strange lack of defense, this could be as well. I see UNH scoring in bunches against a Big Green team that couldn’t stop lowly Colgate from scoring, but also see UNH again giving up too many points.

UC Davis 20 Northeastern 21 – I think UC Davis is pretty good, as close losses to San Jose St, Montana, and Central Arkansas would indicate. But there’s something about too many close losses just being that, losses. Tough to come all the way across the nation and play in disturbingly small and empty Parson’s Field, especially after just reveling in the crazy atmosphere of Wa-Griz Stadium in Missoula. The spookiness of hearing your offensive coordinator yell in the plays from the press box 10 rows away gives the Huskies the edge.

Rhode Island 13 Boston College 30 – Gotta hand it to the Rams, they actually may have turned a corner up there with the new coaching regime (of course, anything post-Stowers had to be an improvement). Boston College, though, is a different animal altogether. A good money game for the Rams before coming back to FCS the following week.

Columbia 21 Towson 10 – Nothing special about Columbia, but Towson has really fallen on hard times, being throttled by Coastal last week. With the way the CAA South is this year, to say it is a tough road for Towson is an understatement in the extreme.

Villanova 14 Richmond 35 – Wow, what a week makes. Nova goes out and inexplicably looks terrible against just an average Quaker team, narrowly avoiding a loss by beating Penn in OT. Maybe they were looking ahead to this week, but now nova has issues at QB, having had to play Whitney last week. Bad time for that, as they face new #1 in the nation Richmond, who has just methodically moved through the year so far. I don’t see Richmond losing a beat at all and they easily dispatch a now suspect nova team.

Albany 10 Delaware 24 – Questions around the QB at UD continue as four picks against Furman, and 14 points for the Paladins off of turnovers, doomed the Hens in a narrow 2 point road loss. Albany now comes in, and probably not at a good time for them. The Hens certainly remember the humiliating loss two years ago to a better Albany team, and now with the bitterness of a game lost that UD could’ve won, they get to take out their anger on the Great Danes. Albany is 1-2 versus the CAA this year, playing UMass and UNH close, and beating Hofstra, but UD’s defense, which has played quite well this year, will set the tone and let a questionable Hens offense find their footing. No repeat of an upset this time.

Hofstra 14 Stony Brook 21 – The Battle of Long Island this weekend and Hofstra’s tough season will continue. Stony Brook gets the homefield advantage in this one and I think they come away with the win and bragging rights.

JMU 31 Maine 30 – I was real tempted to pick an upset here. JMU’s spent the last 10 months thinking of nothing but Appy St, and they got their revenge on the Mountaineers after spotting them 21 points in the first half before making a miraculous second half comeback. The fans stormed the field, the players celebrated, and all was right in Harrisonburg. This week, however, they need to make the long trek to the CAA outpost known as Orono. JMU struggled a bit in their two wins last year in New England against NU and URI, and Maine is better than those teams. It’s not November in Maine, but it may even rain on Saturday and it’s a night game, making things much grimmer this weekend then the spectacle that JMU just experienced. I think JMU wins this one on talent alone, but Maine could present a problem so soon after the Appy St game and a fortnight away from the Richmond game.

Gordon Shumway
September 22nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
New Hampshire 48 Dartmouth 31 – The battle for bragging rights in the state of New Hampshire has been a decent series and, with UNH’s strange lack of defense, this could be as well. I see UNH scoring in bunches against a Big Green team that couldn’t stop lowly Colgate from scoring, but also see UNH again giving up too many points.

Just one small correction. This really has never been a decent series. UNH never won a game until 1973, and since then has gone 16-1-2 against Dartmouth. The Big (xlolx) Green has done everything possible to avoid this game since the tide turned, and will kill the series in a heartbeat as soon as they can. I still have a bad taste in my mouth since the sixties from the condescending attitude eminating from the other side of the state. Needless to say I hope this series, and the poundings keep going for a long time. :D

jstclmet
September 22nd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Wk 1 8 - 1 - 1
Wk 2 7 - 1
Wk 3 7 - 2
Wk 4 8 - 2
30 out of 37. TU cost me. JMU surprised me. Congrats to JMU.

Wk 5

Delaware 27 vs Albany 20. The scores reflect my earlier predictions and are for entertainment purposes only. Now that the season is 1 qtr underway, teams are beginning to identify themselves. While I think UD will win, it will be a hard fought "W". I still don't think Albany has the greyhounds to keep up. 47 pts between the two would have to be the over. 17 - 14 would probably be closer to the outcome.

Rhode Island 3 @ BC 41.

Nova 35 vs Richmond 21 (INT's included) The UPenn game was the best thing that could have happened to Nova. Win Ugly, but Win, now get your heads right to play UR. Probably the game of the week.

Towson 28 vs Columbia 13. TU couldn't possibly lose this one, could they??? xeyebrowx

JMU 21 vs Maine 20. This one may not be as close as I initially thought it would be. JMU has Uncle Mo riding with them all the way to Maine. Maybe Mickey will treat the boys to some well deserved lobster after the win.

Northeastern 27 vs. UC Davis 24. NU has been playing some inspiring ball of late. Here you have the revenge factor from last year, and the "W" at home would go a long way to pleasing the home faithful.

New Hampshire 23 @ Dartmouth 21. UNH wins with a last second FG.

Hofstra 17 @ Stony Brook 14. HU still has a little fight left in them.

Good luck

CatfishKhan
September 22nd, 2008, 06:58 PM
Nova 35 vs Richmond 21 (INT's included) The UPenn game was the best thing that could have happened to Nova. Win Ugly, but Win, now get your heads right to play UR. Probably the game of the week.

Yea right Nova is going to score 5 tds on Richmond and win by two touchdowns. If you're going to make a homer pick, at least make it believable with a low scoring game. Our defense is not our weak point.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 22nd, 2008, 07:05 PM
Yea right Nova is going to score 5 tds on Richmond and win by two touchdowns. If you're going to make a homer pick, at least make it believable with a low scoring game. Our defense is not our weak point.

Careful Catfish. One might confuse you for JMU fan for getting your panties in a wad when someone picks against your team ... xbabycryx

CatfishKhan
September 22nd, 2008, 07:15 PM
Of course Villanova could beat Richmond. But predicting 5 touchdowns against Richmond is just silly.

jstclmet
September 22nd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Of course Villanova could beat Richmond. But predicting 5 touchdowns against Richmond is just silly.

Uhhh, last year the score was 35 - 27 UR at your place. We had our Frosh QB and 5 more Frosh starting. What's so unreasonable about Nova putting up 35 @ Home???xeyebrowx

CatfishKhan
September 22nd, 2008, 08:12 PM
Uhhh, last year the score was 35 - 27 UR at your place. We had our Frosh QB and 5 more Frosh starting. What's so unreasonable about Nova putting up 35 @ Home???xeyebrowx

Richmond gave up 10 to Elon on the road and 16 to Virginia on the road. Nova hasn't scored 35 yet this year on anybody at home or on the road. Running game is Richmond's weakness so far, not defense.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Just one small correction. This really has never been a decent series. UNH never won a game until 1973, and since then has gone 16-1-2 against Dartmouth. The Big (xlolx) Green has done everything possible to avoid this game since the tide turned, and will kill the series in a heartbeat as soon as they can. I still have a bad taste in my mouth since the sixties from the condescending attitude eminating from the other side of the state. Needless to say I hope this series, and the poundings keep going for a long time. :D

I only go back to 1968, but I know exactly how you feel and agree!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

That day in 1973 was one of the most electric days ever in ol' Durham!!!!

UNHWildCats
September 22nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Wk 1 8 - 1 - 1
Wk 2 7 - 1
Wk 3 7 - 2
Wk 4 8 - 2
30 out of 37. TU cost me. JMU surprised me. Congrats to JMU.

Wk 5

Delaware 27 vs Albany 20. The scores reflect my earlier predictions and are for entertainment purposes only. Now that the season is 1 qtr underway, teams are beginning to identify themselves. While I think UD will win, it will be a hard fought "W". I still don't think Albany has the greyhounds to keep up. 47 pts between the two would have to be the over. 17 - 14 would probably be closer to the outcome.

Rhode Island 3 @ BC 41.

Towson 28 vs Columbia 13. TU couldn't possibly lose this one, could they??? xeyebrowx

JMU 21 vs Maine 20. This one may not be as close as I initially thought it would be. JMU has Uncle Mo riding with them all the way to Maine. Maybe Mickey will treat the boys to some well deserved lobster after the win.

Northeastern 27 vs. UC Davis 24. NU has been playing some inspiring ball of late. Here you have the revenge factor from last year, and the "W" at home would go a long way to pleasing the home faithful.

New Hampshire 23 @ Dartmouth 21. UNH wins with a last second FG.

Hofstra 17 @ Stony Brook 14. HU still has a little fight left in them.

Good luck

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

art vandelay
September 23rd, 2008, 12:35 AM
give me a break UNH will kill Dartmouth. Dartmouth will not score more than 21. UNH's D looked good against Army and Albany. especialy with two turnovers on downs both at critical points. They had a crap day against URI mostly do to a few big plays and turnovers. lets not start comparing Dartmouth with Albany or URI. UNH 45 Dartmouth 21.

art vandelay
September 23rd, 2008, 12:37 AM
give me a break UNH will kill Dartmouth. Dartmouth will not score more than 21. UNH's D looked good against Army and Albany. especialy with two turnovers on downs both at critical points. They had a crap day against URI mostly do to a few big plays and turnovers. lets not start comparing Dartmouth with Albany or URI. UNH 45 Dartmouth 21.

Uncle Buck
September 23rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
Why not?

Hofstra stinks, but at 9-2, i think Albany gets in.

GeeWiz
September 23rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Stony Brook 27 Hofstra 21 - If this game was at Hempstead I'd pick HU, but SB gets up for this game so I'll pick the home team

NU 34 UC Davis 28 - NU had issues traveling to the west coast last year to UC Davis and UCD will have the same problems. Plus, any first time opponent has "shell shock" when seeing Parson Field.

UNH 44 Dartmouth 31 - UNH is the better team in this annual rivalry

BC 42 URI 21 - I would love to see BC go down, but that's wishful thinking as the Eagles are just better across the board

Richmond 31 'Nova 14 - I have to agree with GannonFan on the VU QB fiasco. This is the wrong time to have a QB issue and the wrong team to have it against

Towson 35 Columbia 24 - TU should win based on their offensive game and playing at home, but this will not be easy. CU gave Fordham all they could handle last week

UD 27 Albany 21 - Take the Blue Chickens at home, but Albany is CAA tested and will not be intimdated playing at UD

JMU 28 Maine 24 - I see a let down for the Dukes, however, Landers makes the difference in JMU avoiding a upset loss

Bull Fan
September 23rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Stony Brook needs to drop the high school mentality and grow up if they want to take the next step against Hofstra. They go down against a DUTCH team that has too much....pride.... to lose to this team.

The Seawolves prematurely ejaculate coming out of their little tunnel holding hands, and early mistakes take their toll. Priore's head explodes on the sidelines, scaring the crap out of his over-emotional glorified high school team. Game, set, match.

Both teams look ugly, but this isn't a case of finding identity so much as who makes the least amount of mistakes - i.e., the Stony Brook offense, or the Hofstra offensive coordinator.

DUTCH 23, Patriots 14

Ruler
September 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
SBU better do it soon as they are sure to run out of $. I like Chuck Priore persaonally but he better start winning as he has every Gdamn advantage in the book. Give Bob Ford a new stadium and 50+ rides and he will be in the title hunt every year!!!!

Bull Fan
September 23rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
I think SBU is showing improvement, don't get me wrong. I just think the fans are getting a little too uppity at this point in time with their pontifications... beat some real teams, over a period of a few years before you start your talk about taking the mantle of college football on the Island. Dumb-dumbs like Steve Marcus only make matters worse with poor journalism; so since the SBU fans don't understand the real landscape of I-AA football, you have to give them a pass.

What teams like Hofstra have forgotten about winning, SBU has yet to learn. I like Albany alot, really pulling for them to elevate in the next couple of years.

Bull Fan
September 23rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
I think SBU is showing improvement, don't get me wrong. I just think the fans are getting a little too uppity at this point in time with their pontifications... beat some real teams, over a period of a few years before you start your talk about taking the mantle of college football on the Island. Dumb-dumbs like Steve Marcus only make matters worse with poor journalism; so since the SBU fans don't understand the real landscape of I-AA football, you have to give them a pass.

What teams like Hofstra have forgotten about winning, SBU has yet to learn. I like Albany alot, really pulling for them to elevate in the next couple of years.

89Hen
September 23rd, 2008, 12:09 PM
Hofstra 27 - Stony Brook 20
UC Davis 24 - Northeastern 21
Boston College 48 - Rhode Island 10
Richmond 38 - Villanova 24
Delaware 24 - Albany 21
New Hampshire 48 - Dartmouth 20
Towson 17 - Columbia 7
James Madison 35 - Maine 10

danefan
September 23rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
I would love for nothing more then Hofstra to beat the $tony Brook $eawolve$ by 30.......

Its the closest Albany will get to bragging rights with SBU for some time since Albany will likely not play SBU for years.

Bull Fan
September 23rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
You should feel no ill-will towards them; Albany has done it with Ford in place for all these years, and you're really close to turning that corner to the ultimate respectability- getting a playoff bid. Not just for beating HU, but for the steady progress in recruiting, results, etc.

It's going to come to a point where the NEC will be too small for the Danes. SBU, on the other hand, is taking a circuitous route to who knows where....

Ruler
September 23rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
SBU should thank their lucky stars Albany doesnt play them this season.

Uncle Buck
September 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
Bottom line, Hofstra has a lot working against them but needs to take care of business. If there were ever a year for SBU to beat us, it's now. Key to the game, HU has to force SBU to the air and take away what could be an effective ground game when they get rolling. I think talentwise we're better, we just can't afford to shoot ourselves in the foot on specials (no pun intended).

As for the rest:
Northeastern 23 UC Davis 21 - Northeastern steals one late on jet lagged Aggies
Boston College 47 Rhode Island 10 - BC is just too strong
Villanova 28 Richmond 27 - wild guess going to the home team
Delaware 32 Albany 21 - Danes fight to the end, but UD finds a new QB
New Hampshire 37 Dartmouth 17 - UNH pulls away in the second half
Towson 17 Columbia 14 - Towson circles the wagons and wins a close one
JMU 27 Maine 21 - JMU gets by the trap game, defense scores.

Hoboken Dukes
September 23rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
jmu isn't looking past anyone this year. if it hasn't been pounded into their heads that a home game is an absolute necessity in today's playoffs (other than 2004 of course!) then we'll never learn. all we heard prior to app state was how jmu would be looking past umass and other than a few tense moments early in the 4th we handled them.

all that home game did on saturday night was whet the appetite for the dukes. we blow the doors off maine.

and it was mentioned earlier that villanova might be a trap game. far from it. mickey knows that losing to them 2 years ago by 1 cost us a home game. it won't happen again. we might lose, but not because of any sort of trap.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 23rd, 2008, 05:14 PM
jmu isn't looking past anyone this year. if it hasn't been pounded into their heads that a home game is an absolute necessity in today's playoffs (other than 2004 of course!) then we'll never learn. all we heard prior to app state was how jmu would be looking past umass and other than a few tense moments early in the 4th we handled them.

all that home game did on saturday night was whet the appetite for the dukes. we blow the doors off maine.

and it was mentioned earlier that villanova might be a trap game. far from it. mickey knows that losing to them 2 years ago by 1 cost us a home game. it won't happen again. we might lose, but not because of any sort of trap.

Maine is much more of a trap game then Villanova. On the road after the two games they just played. I'm sure they've beem told and told and told by the coaches. But remember we're talking about 20 - 22 year olds. They read the paper and internet. They hear it all around campus. This is the biggest trap game of the year on ANY CAA schedule.

That said JMU is much better then Maine. But who knows.....

Col Hogan
September 23rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Bye 73 Massachusetts 72

Too much optimism, there, 65...Bye is tough...Bye is real tough...

I think UNHWildcats is a little high with that prediction...

The spread right now in Vegas is 10...take UMass to beat the spread against Bye...

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/11ej44dm8j08dagcvi.gif http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/k7sdhgwopxvg3741d0fc.gifhttp://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/k7sdhgwopxvg3741d0fc.gif

Seawolf97
September 23rd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Stony Brook needs to drop the high school mentality and grow up if they want to take the next step against Hofstra. They go down against a DUTCH team that has too much....pride.... to lose to this team.

The Seawolves prematurely ejaculate coming out of their little tunnel holding hands, and early mistakes take their toll. Priore's head explodes on the sidelines, scaring the crap out of his over-emotional glorified high school team. Game, set, match.

Both teams look ugly, but this isn't a case of finding identity so much as who makes the least amount of mistakes - i.e., the Stony Brook offense, or the Hofstra offensive coordinator.

DUTCH 23, Patriots 14

I cant argue with you. The last two games were a disgrace. Nothing against Maine or Brown they are solid teams but we just plain stunk up their stadiums and deserved to lose. We have one offensive touchdown in the last 2 games versus 9 in our first 2 games. We put up 147 yards of total offense against Brown and nearly 800 in our first 2 games. Something is broke on the offense. I cant blame it all on our new QB because we cant even get our running game to go anymore. Add to that the defense that only plays in the second half . This Friday night should be interesting
especially if we drop to 1-4 going into Big South play on Oct. 11th.

danefan
September 23rd, 2008, 08:20 PM
I cant argue with you. The last two games were a disgrace. Nothing against Maine or Brown they are solid teams but we just plain stunk up their stadiums and deserved to lose. We have one offensive touchdown in the last 2 games versus 9 in our first 2 games. We put up 147 yards of total offense against Brown and nearly 800 in our first 2 games. Something is broke on the offense. I cant blame it all on our new QB because we cant even get our running game to go anymore. Add to that the defense that only plays in the second half . This Friday night should be interesting
especially if we drop to 1-4 going into Big South play on Oct. 11th.

The regression in offensive production is astounding!xeekx

Priore better get those boys in gear......

Seawolf97
September 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
The regression in offensive production is astounding!xeekx

Priore better get those boys in gear......

Astounding is not the word. I gave them a pass on the Elon game. A ranked team in a tropical storm and they played pretty well and hung in there. But the following two weeks have been a disaster absolutley no offense and the defense allows big leads to pile up so we play catch up in the second half. Last years team looked alot better without all the scholarship players.

UDBlueLotFan
September 23rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
Friday September 26
Hofstra at Stony Brook

Saturday September 27
UC Davis at Northeastern
Richmond at Villanova
Albany at Delaware
Columbia at Towson
James Madison at Maine
Bye at Massachusetts
Idle at William & Mary

Stony Brook 24 Hofstra 21
UC Davis 34 Northeastern 30
Boston College 48 Rhode Island 13
Richmond 21 Villanova 20
Albany 24 Delaware 21
New Hampshire 48 Dartmouth 28
Columbia 24 Towson 10
BI 73 Massachusetts 72

fixed it for yaxnodx :p , thought maybe it was appropriate, maybe not?xoopsx xsmiley_wix xlolx

jlcharles
September 23rd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Hofstra at Stony Brook
UC Davis at Northeastern
Richmond at Villanova
Albany at Delaware
Columbia at Towson
James Madison at Maine

I'll be at the Richmond - VU game and I would be shocked to see as many points put up on the board as some of you have predicted. I wouldn't be surprised if the score was in the teens, but no way does Richmond score in the 30s.

HensRock
September 23rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
I saw Schoenhoft threw 4 picks, including one for a TD vs FU, and has 6 now in 3 games. Any talk of a QB change, or is he definitely UD's 3RD best QB still pretty much entrenched as the starter?

Fixed it for ya. And unfortunately the answer is Yes, he's entrenched.

danefan
September 23rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Fixed it for ya. And unfortunately the answer is Yes, he's entrenched.

Were Hens fans beating up Flacco like this in 06 after the Albany loss?

HensRock
September 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
1. The Albany loss was not Flacco's fault.
2. We did not have a close QB competition in the '06 pre-season.
3. We could see the potential with Joe because of the obvious physical skills, even then.

Tribe4SF
September 24th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Hofstra over Stoney Brook- Pride takes their name to heart.
Northeastern over UC-Davis- Welcome to Parsons!
BC over URI- No contest.
Richmond over Villanova- Playing Spiders with a QB controversy is not a good formula for success.
Delaware over Albany- Danes haven't faced a defense as good as the Hens.
UNH over Dartmouth- 100 points scored, and not close.
Towson over Columbia- I hope!xconfusedx
JMU over Maine- Dukes confident now.

And there's no way BYE scores on the rejuvenated Tribe D!:D

89Hen
September 24th, 2008, 09:02 AM
3. We could see the potential with Joe because of the obvious physical skills, even then.
Plus Flacco was coming off the heels of Sonny Riccio and a 6-5 season. IOW the shoes he had to fill were miniscule compared to this year. xpeacex

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2008, 01:10 PM
...IOW...

What's that stand for? xconfusedx

HensRock
September 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM
IOW = In Other Words

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2008, 01:24 PM
IOW = In Other Words

Thanks, sometimes the message board lingo gets away from me. xrotatehx

Hoyadestroya85
September 24th, 2008, 02:32 PM

were either of the villanova losses flacco's fault?

GannonFan
September 24th, 2008, 02:39 PM
were either of the villanova losses flacco's fault?

Yup, the first one at least was. Offense moved without effort in the first half, and then they got lacksadasical and went to sleep in the second half. Should've scored 50 that day (had 28 in the first half). Second one wasn't his fault - too many drops by guys wide open. Even for a game UD obviously didn't care about they could've won had some of those balls been caught. Oh well, the playoffs last year made that a moot point though.

Hoyadestroya85
September 24th, 2008, 02:53 PM
i think the second one was poor play calling and the momentum swing from the brilliant fake punt

Bull Fan
September 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
However, any team with 63 rides at home with 23,000 fans should beat a lowely limited scholarship team by 3 TD's.....

Come on, now. I've never seen 11-on-23,000 before in my LIFE. This sounds like martyrdom at it's finest.

danefan
September 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Come on, now. I've never seen 11-on-23,000 before in my LIFE. This sounds like martyrdom at it's finest.

Hence the xrolleyesx at the end. xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
September 27th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Stony Brook 24 Hofstra 21 xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x
UC Davis 34 Northeastern 30 xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x
Boston College 48 Rhode Island 13 xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
Richmond 21 Villanova 20 xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x
Albany 24 Delaware 21 xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x
New Hampshire 48 Dartmouth 28 xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
Columbia 24 Towson 10 xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x
Maine 24 James Madison 23 xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x
Bye 73 Massachusetts 72 xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
William & Mary 63 Idle 28 xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x
xoopsx

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I only go back to 1968, but I know exactly how you feel and agree!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

That day in 1973 was one of the most electric days ever in ol' Durham!!!!

It was a great day in UNH history. Gotta love Danny Losano and his 109 yrd KO return!

Henny
September 28th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Uh anybody want to respont to the pre UD-Albany game predictions. Delaware actually took a knee otherwise it would have been 45-7 with the second team in the game most of the 4th Quarter. If you are too embaressed by your prediction and don't want to respond. I understand.

89Hen
September 28th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Have to fess up. Not a great week predicting. UNH/DC was easy to predict. Look at the scores of their last five games... they're pretty darn consistent. I should not have shortchanged NU. Cross-country to play at Parsons = loss. xoopsx

Hofstra 27 - Stony Brook 20 (43-3) xeyebrowx
UC Davis 24 - Northeastern 21 (10-27) :o
Boston College 48 - Rhode Island 10 (42-0) xthumbsupx
Richmond 38 - Villanova 24 (20-26) :o
Delaware 24 - Albany 21 (38-7) xeyebrowx
New Hampshire 48 - Dartmouth 20 (42-6) xthumbsupx
Towson 17 - Columbia 7 (31-24) xeyebrowx
James Madison 35 - Maine 10 (24-10) xthumbsupx

19Duke97
September 28th, 2008, 11:11 AM
UC Davis at Northeastern - Northeastern, they are due 24-20 xthumbsupx
Rhode Island at Boston College - BC, by 3 TD's 28-7 xthumbsupx
Richmond at Villanova - Villanova in upset special 24-21xthumbsupx
Albany at Delaware - Delaware should be pissed off 35-21xthumbsupx
New Hampshire at Dartmouth - UNH O too much 49-24xthumbsupx
Columbia at Towson - Towson in the lowlight game of the week 20-10.xthumbsupx
James Madison at Maine -JMU in a tough win 28-17xthumbsupx

7-0 not a bad week.. and it worked out almost exactly as I saw it, give or take a few points here or there....

Uncle Buck
September 28th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Bottom line, Hofstra has a lot working against them but needs to take care of business. If there were ever a year for SBU to beat us, it's now. Key to the game, HU has to force SBU to the air and take away what could be an effective ground game when they get rolling. I think talentwise we're better, we just can't afford to shoot ourselves in the foot on specials (no pun intended).

As for the rest:
Northeastern 23 UC Davis 21 - Northeastern steals one late on jet lagged Aggies
Boston College 47 Rhode Island 10 - BC is just too strong
Villanova 28 Richmond 27 - wild guess going to the home team
Delaware 32 Albany 21 - Danes fight to the end, but UD finds a new QB
New Hampshire 37 Dartmouth 17 - UNH pulls away in the second half
Towson 17 Columbia 14 - Towson circles the wagons and wins a close one
JMU 27 Maine 21 - JMU gets by the trap game, defense scores.

Not a bad week for me, 7-0 not counting HU who i just gave the keys to the game. xthumbsupx As for UD, not as close as i predicted, but i did note that the UD defense will make it tough for Albany to keep up. xnodx

GannonFan
September 28th, 2008, 02:45 PM
So Buck, what's the real story with Hofstra - the team that lost to Albany at home or the one who massacred Stony Brook this weekend? What's going on in Hofstra land?

th0m
September 28th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah I'm also very curious on what Hofstra fans have to say.... Seems very erratic play.

danefan
September 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM
So Buck, what's the real story with Hofstra - the team that lost to Albany at home or the one who massacred Stony Brook this weekend? What's going on in Hofstra land?

Could be the same team.

In all honesty, its probably just their QB getting confortable. He has a ton of talent and that was evident against Albany.

Uncle Buck
September 28th, 2008, 03:18 PM

GF, I could write a dissertation on this topic. Where do i start? This team has been a comedy of errors on special teams, inconsistent on offense, and sometimes asleep at the wheel on D. We should probably be 3-1 going into JMU but luckily we're 2-2.

Offensively our number two QB Cory Christopher looks better and better each week. Still holds the ball too long at times but he's gaining confidence. He does stare down his receiver, but he's been pretty good and no bad picks in FCS play. Our starting RB quit the team for personal reasons so now we have a soph and a freshman carrying the ball. O-line has been a mash unit with our best OL out for the season with his 7th knee operation. Receivers are good, but we give up way too many sacks to use them.

Defensively, we are small, small small. LB's are undersized and d-line gets zero pressure up front. Probably the worst DE play i can remember in years of following the team. DB's are very good for the most part, just not when the opposing QB has 12 seconds to find someone.

Specials, horrible. Cost us the Albany game (missed XP and 3 blocked/missed FG's) Our freshman kicker took himself out during the URI game and another Fr. came in to win it for us. We looked better against SBU in kicking, on one missed XP.

Bottom line, the teams has talent but we're young and light in the a$$. Also, while i don't like to call out the coaches, i think Cohen and Co. need to do a better job getting kids into position. Too many kids not playing disciplined football and it costs us points. My biggest issue, against Albany and URI, we moved the ball effectively but seemed to play more for FG's than TD's. Too conservative when we should be stepping on the gas. Our OC has to get more creative and throw the ball down the middle of the field. He constantly works outside the numbers and runs that damn bubble screen. The playbook has to open up a bit. I don't think we'll win this week unless the front seven on D come up big. We have the ability IMO to beat you, but we also have a great propensity to beat ourselves. Expectations are minimal, but at least next year we return a ton of guys with game experience.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 28th, 2008, 11:09 PM

After the game I made sure to give Coach Mac a special thanks for all us old farts!! xnodx xnodx

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 29th, 2008, 07:30 AM

After the game I made sure to give Coach Mac a special thanks for all us old farts!! xnodx xnodx

This guy seems to disagree wth you....

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080928/COLUMNISTS06/309289900/-1/sports

He's wrong of coarse

89Hen
September 29th, 2008, 08:02 AM
xoopsx
Nice picking there T. xeekx