PDA

View Full Version : This is what it's all about

GrizzlyBill
September 21st, 2008, 05:36 PM
The strongly stated opinion of Wolfman to the contrary, Bobby Hauck is what being a college football coach is all about. I like what the guy is doing at Montana. He is from here and of here. He motivates young men to excel and play damn good football. The Griz represent our region quite well on the national scene of the sport. BH makes mistakes, but they seem mostly to occur just once.

The level of talent produced by a region of course fluctuates. The California teams seem to be on the rise. The Dakota teams are showing some stuff. I expect GSU to be back, and I doubt that McNeese has gone far. However, there is no shame in being on the losing side in games such as played yesterday in Missoula or Statesboro.

To me the sad thing is that Wolfman and so many other thousands of fairweather fans fail to see the beauty in many losing performances by these young men. The fact that UC Davis is 1-3 should not cover or color the other fact that they have a damn good team, well coached and with a ton of talent. The Griz are damn lucky to have not lost to both those California teams. A good team has good luck and makes the most of those breaks and opportunities. That's where coaching counts as much as, or more than, a game plan.

In my opinion, the Griz are perhaps a top ten FCS team this year--NOT top four. Regardless, they are sure fun to watch.

As a Griz fan living in Montana, I grew up in Mississippi in the 60's, when the SEC was best in the country and the hated Bear Bryant was king. These days some beautiful ball is being played in the FCS, and the Southeast is still where a pile of the best football is to be found.

Kudos to the Dukes, the Spiders, and the Mountaineers. Hopefully the Griz will make it to a meeting with yall in December.

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2008, 05:57 PM
great take!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 21st, 2008, 07:07 PM
I like the fact that a large portion of the players come from Montana, it really is our team. I scrolled through UNI's roster they other day and they are much the same, home grown hard working kids. I imagine a lot of FCS schools are that way and that is why I like it better then FBS.

On the Griz wins this year, I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day xrotatehx