PDA

View Full Version : Montana sugar-free game analysis

elkmcc
September 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Wolfboys most thought provoking analysis ever. Great post wolfy.

About as full of content as his head is full of gray matter.

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2008, 05:53 PM
Why am I not seeing his analysis?

elkmcc
September 21st, 2008, 06:14 PM

Perhaps because it is not there?

danefan
September 21st, 2008, 06:15 PM

You need to read it with 3D glasses on, or else you can't see it.
xcoolx

Grizalltheway
September 21st, 2008, 06:16 PM
Ahh, the sweet sound of silence...

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM

You are.

Think about it. xthumbsupx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 21st, 2008, 06:17 PM
Ahh, the sweet sound of silence...

Yep, now if we could just get more of it from you.

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2008, 06:29 PM
The Griz are #1 in my poll this week. Wolfman is going to freak.

Grizalltheway
September 21st, 2008, 06:50 PM
Yep, now if we could just get more of it from you.

That's pretty clever there, alfie. I'm real sorry about the Griz W on Saturday, I hope you and wolfman aren't taking it too hard. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an upset next week. xprayx

putter
September 21st, 2008, 06:55 PM
Davis is the best 1-3 team in the land...seriously. They are very good and the Griz have taken the best shots from the best teams in the Great West.

How's that for some sugar???;)

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2008, 07:10 PM
Davis is the best 1-3 team in the land...seriously. They are very good and the Griz have taken the best shots from the best teams in the Great West.

How's that for some sugar???;)

pour some sugar on me, putter!!!

slostang
September 21st, 2008, 07:15 PM
Definately the best ever post by Wolfie. There is not one word that I can call him on. Keep it up Wolfie.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 21st, 2008, 07:18 PM
That's pretty clever there, alfie. I'm real sorry about the Griz W on Saturday, I hope you and wolfman aren't taking it too hard. I'll keep my fingers crossed for an upset next week. xprayx

Look, I know you are not the sharpest canoe at the airport but I never want the Griz to lose, hence why I am a fan that wants more from their inept coaching staff.

If you need help with the large words like "canoe" and "inept" just ask for help, there are no dumb questions.

Wolfman
September 21st, 2008, 09:44 PM
The server was down when I tried to send it. Guess it didn't go through. Didn't keep the sugar coaters from spewing their inevitable venom. Does that surprise anyone? Logical discussions are not on the agenda for the sucrose brigade.

The Griz played their best game of the season on Saturday. The play calling was the best it has been in two years. If the Griz had called that type of game against Wofford, they might have been playing in Chatty last December.

Davis is indeed the best 1-3 team in the country. QB was very accurate on short to medium passes. They had a solid O-line, and great wideouts. I am pleasantly surprised by our young CBs. They are very good, and will get better.

I am still unimpressed by our running game. Our line does not pick up stunts very well, and has trouble sustaining blocks against quicker, smaller defensive players. Our running backs are the weakest group we have had at Montana in many years. Our "running back by committee" concept means that we have three very average backs on the field at different times, with no true stud toting the ball. Hauck has done a poor job of recruiting RBs here, and made a huge mistake not seeking a IA drop-down RB (one that wanted to transfer because of more playing time, NOT because he was kicked off his team for other reasons).

Our FG kicking game is not even good Hhgh school quality. Very poor blocking, snaps are ridiculous, and the kicker(s) have little talent. Once again, Hauck has made a huge mistake not recruiting a scolarshiped kicker last year, and letting him develop under Carpenter, and ready to be the man this season. When Bobby failed again last season to offer a full ride to a FG kicker, he compounded his mistake. These current kickers are not the answer.

We will pay the price this season for our lack of a FG game, and it may cost us during the regular season, and certainly in the playoffs, if we get that far.

The young Griz defense is improving every game, and will be very good as the season progresses. Mariani has made a believer of me, and is a stud. Jabin will be very good.

We will be limited this season only by our umimaginative offense, with a lack of a solid running game, and our poor FG kicking game. We have some holes, which we did not have last year (RB and kicker). Thus, we are not close to being the #2 or #3 best team in the country.

Rankings are meaningless anyway, as has been proven most every year by our lofty regular season rankings, and failures in the playoffs. The problem is that the really good teams in the nation this year play very tough schedules, play each other, and will each lose some games because of it. This does not mean that Montana is their equal just because they may have a better w/l record.

Hauck is coaching better this season than he has in other years, so far. I will give him that. However, the obvious holes he has created by his lack of recruiting solid RBs and a kicker, will limit our success come playoff time, at which time these weaknesses will be exposed.

mtgrizfan4life
September 21st, 2008, 10:53 PM
Wolfman your accessments are not to far off, but I see the light being a little brighter when is all said and done. As for RB, Hauck recruited one hell of a bruising type back. Unfortunately for the GRIZ and him, he was not given good advise and fell short of being eligible this season, but should play next season. I do think Chase Reynolds has the talent and tools, but OL is not sustaining blocks for him to show his potential.

As for Kicker, Brody McKnight has a very good leg. When the blocking, snaps, and holding come together, this kid will be just fine. Seriously, it cannot get any worse, and they are bound to come together by season's end.

As for defense, I completely agee with you. The unit will be outright dangerous as the young CB's gain experience. It will be tough to run consistently against our defense, so passing teams give us the biggest challenge. Exactly why I am worried about Weber State and EWU this year.

Green26
September 21st, 2008, 11:36 PM
Cal Poly is a better, or much better, team than Davis.

This was UM's weakest game of the season, although they showed something by coming back to win and played pretty well. (It's hard to tell how well UM played against SU because SU didn't seem to be as good as last year, or at least they weren't when UM played them.)

A UM kicker playing in his first game (coming back from injury) kicked a 46 yard FG. He had another short FG blocked, as well as an extra point. Both of those appeared to be the fault of the line, and not the kicker. A new holder took over for this game too.

UM's starting rb was out with an injury (the one who gained 145 against CP). Hauck's running backs since he's been at UM are now both in the NFL--Green and Hilliard. He recruited both of them (altho Hilliard only had to be persuaded to stay committed after Hauck arrived). Green and Hilliard are probably both in the top 5 UM backs of all time. Yes, UM misses Hilliard, and it would have been nice to have Coleman, the Iowa St. transfer who got into legal problems last fall (the week after he gained over 100 yards).

Our o-line is very good, and one of the strengths of the team. They pick up stunts, etc. very well. Gave up 1 sack against Davis. A starting tackle was hurt and didn't play much. An all-american candidate lineman is hurt and has not played this season.

Agreed that Davis may be the best 1-3 team in the nation.

And again for the record, Hauck has the best record of any I-AA coach since he started 5.5 years ago, is one of two coaches (teams) to go to the playoffs every year since he started, has won more playoff games than all but 2 teams, has been to Chattanooga once and to the semis once, has won the conference every year, has been undefeated in conference play in the past 2 years, and has won 25 straight regular season games (dating back to a loss at Iowa).

Grizalltheway
September 22nd, 2008, 12:23 AM
Cal Poly is a better, or much better, team than Davis.

This was UM's weakest game of the season, although they showed something by coming back to win and played pretty well. (It's hard to tell how well UM played against SU because SU didn't seem to be as good as last year, or at least they weren't when UM played them.)

A UM kicker playing in his first game (coming back from injury) kicked a 46 yard FG. He had another short FG blocked, as well as an extra point. Both of those appeared to be the fault of the line, and not the kicker. A new holder took over for this game too.

UM's starting rb was out with an injury (the one who gained 145 against CP). Hauck's running backs since he's been at UM are now both in the NFL--Green and Hilliard. He recruited both of them (altho Hilliard only had to be persuaded to stay committed after Hauck arrived). Green and Hilliard are probably both in the top 5 UM backs of all time. Yes, UM misses Hilliard, and it would have been nice to have Coleman, the Iowa St. transfer who got into legal problems last fall (the week after he gained over 100 yards).

Our o-line is very good, and one of the strengths of the team. They pick up stunts, etc. very well. Gave up 1 sack against Davis. A starting tackle was hurt and didn't play much. An all-american candidate lineman is hurt and has not played this season.

Agreed that Davis may be the best 1-3 team in the nation.

And again for the record, Hauck has the best record of any I-AA coach since he started 5.5 years ago, is one of two coaches (teams) to go to the playoffs every year since he started, has won more playoff games than all but 2 teams, has been to Chattanooga once and to the semis once, has won the conference every year, has been undefeated in conference play in the past 2 years, and has won 25 straight regular season games (dating back to a loss at Iowa).

I don't care what conference we play in, how we did in the playoffs last year, or how much you hate Hauck, that is pretty darn impressive. xnodx

Green26
September 22nd, 2008, 12:31 AM
Oops, typo. Only 24 straight regular season wins.

Wolfman
September 22nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
I knew the spin doctor, Green Weenie AKA "Player Rep") would be on here in less than 30 minutes trying to spin his magic to cover Hauck's arse for his transgressions.

Here are the "no spin zone" facts.

Hilliard was NOt recruited by Hauck. I know his father, and Lex had commited to Glenn before he left, and never wavered from that committment. He and his dad always wanted him to play for the Griz. Green's saying that Hauck had to work hard to keep him committed is B.S.

Hauck played no role in recruiting Justin Green. Green was recruited soley by Dave Stram, a UM assistant who became close to Green while he coached at SDSU. Coleman was a IA drop-down from Iowa State who had multiple run-ins with the law, both in high school, and at ISU. Yet Hauck willingly took him. Criminal element. Griz fans know the rest of that story.

Bobby Hauck has failed to recruit great high school skill players since his arrival, like previous coaches did. We have no more Levander Segars, Jefferson Heidlbergers, Matt Wells, Etu Moldens, or Jimmy Farriss. Hauck got lucky with Mariani, one of the rare Montana kids quick enough and fast enough to excel at WR in the FCS. And, Hauck did not even regard Mariani highly, he was an afterthought who Hauck did not think was good enough, just like Colt. But, he is a one-man circus among a bunch of slow possession receivers who would not start for many other Big Sky teams.

Hauck has not recruited a good high scool RB since he arrived. TBF had no other FCS scholarship offers coming out of high school. Only a couple of Div. II offers. The other Hauck recruits at RB are third stringers at best.

Our FG kicking game is abysmal. Sugar coating done by the likes of the Green Weenie blaming it on a freshman kicker is total B.S. All true Griz fans remember when both Carpenter and Snyder were freshman kickers. Our current kickers could not wear their jock straps.

Neither kicker will be our starting FG kicker next season. In the meantime, we will suffer this season with what we have, and probably lose 1-2 games because of kicking woes. Please remember that Cal Davis went ahead late in the game by one point because of missed kicks. If the Griz offense had flamed out, the loss to Davis would have been the first loss due to poor kicking. There will be more opportunities in the coming weeks.

Finally, 25 straight regular season wins, 90% of them body bag games, is not impressive for a team which has as many recruiting advantages as Montana. Keep it in perspective. About 70% of those wins were at home. The rest were Big Sky games, and we all know how weak the conference is. The one impressive win in that group was this year against Cal Poly, on a blown gimme kick. I am unimpressed with the 25.

The playoffs are all that matters. Who cars about racking up meaningless wins? If you can't win at The Dance, you should stay home and quit being a pretender. Montana has become the Ohio State of FCS football. Overrated.

Question for all sugar coaters: If Hauck goes one-n-done again this season, how many of you (besdies his boyfriend Greenie) will support him because of his 25 wins?

grizband
September 22nd, 2008, 10:46 AM
Wolfie, those were very accurate points you made about the game. However, I believe when Greenie was referring to the running back recruited by Hauck this year, he meant Dan Moore (http://washington.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Pr_Key=55385) from Marana, AZ. I believe this kid was projected as a starter this season, but became inelgible due to changes in the NCAA clearinghouse - basically, he would have been eligible if recruited last year. This kid runs a 4.5, benches 415lbs and averaged 9 yards/carry last year in the Phoenix area. Check out his recruiting video, I hope the guys comes back next year!
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2008_2009/Football/Multimedia/2008_Signing/moore_dan.wmv

SochorField
September 22nd, 2008, 11:18 AM
Davis is indeed the best 1-3 team in the country.

It sounds cool.....but it gets old after hearing it for 5 years in a row.

SochorField
September 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Davis is indeed the best 1-3 team in the country.

It sounds cool.....but it gets old after hearing it for 5 years in a row.

Green26
September 22nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Here are some corrections:

1. When a coach changeover occurs, there's always a question whether a recruit will come or decide to go elsewhere. Wyoming was in the mix for Hilliard. I have been good friends with Hilliard's dad for over 20 years. We sat with each other for part of the game on Saturday--and saw each other at every home game for the prior 5 years.

2. It is absurd to say Hauck didn't recruit Green. Yes, a UM asst coach knew Green, and was involved in recruiting him, as was Hauck. Asst coaches are always important in the recruiting process, but so is the head coach.

3. Coleman had one legal problem in high school. He did not have legal problems at Iowa St., except for being involved in pushing a guy back after the guy pushed him in a bar. Nothing came of this, and Coleman was in good standing at Iowa St. and recommended by the Iowa St. coaches when he transferred to UM.

4. UM's current receivers are not all possession receivers. Mariani runs 4.37. Ferriter 4.54. Palmer has very fast top end speed and was a sprinter in high school. Tony Kaz. is fast. The true frosh Sambrano and Gratton are fast. Johnson, now starting at corner, was recruited as a receiver and is fast. Mariani and Ferriter have 5 and 3 TD catches in the first 3 games. Longs of 66 and 34, respectively.

5. I assessed no blame on a frosh kicker. The kicker on Saturday, just back from injury, is a transfer, not a frosh. He kicked a nice 46 yarder. His short FG was blocked after a breakdown in protection, as was an extra point. Both kicks would have been good, if not blocked. The kicking game needs improvement. Hopefully, the transfer's return from injury will help.

6. UM's "body bag" wins during this time period include: 2 wins over playoff team EWU, 2 wins over playoff team Mont. St., 2 wins over Cal Poly, and wins over UC Davis, So. Dak. St., McNeese and So. Illinois. The 2 losses were a 1 point loss to Wofford and a 2 point loss to UMass in the playoffs.

slostang
September 22nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
I knew the spin doctor, Green Weenie AKA "Player Rep") would be on here in less than 30 minutes trying to spin his magic to cover Hauck's arse for his transgressions.

Here are the "no spin zone" facts.

Hilliard was NOt recruited by Hauck. I know his father, and Lex had commited to Glenn before he left, and never wavered from that committment. He and his dad always wanted him to play for the Griz. Green's saying that Hauck had to work hard to keep him committed is B.S.

Hauck played no role in recruiting Justin Green. Green was recruited soley by Dave Stram, a UM assistant who became close to Green while he coached at SDSU. Coleman was a IA drop-down from Iowa State who had multiple run-ins with the law, both in high school, and at ISU. Yet Hauck willingly took him. Criminal element. Griz fans know the rest of that story.

Bobby Hauck has failed to recruit great high school skill players since his arrival, like previous coaches did. We have no more Levander Segars, Jefferson Heidlbergers, Matt Wells, Etu Moldens, or Jimmy Farriss. Hauck got lucky with Mariani, one of the rare Montana kids quick enough and fast enough to excel at WR in the FCS. And, Hauck did not even regard Mariani highly, he was an afterthought who Hauck did not think was good enough, just like Colt. But, he is a one-man circus among a bunch of slow possession receivers who would not start for many other Big Sky teams.

Hauck has not recruited a good high scool RB since he arrived. TBF had no other FCS scholarship offers coming out of high school. Only a couple of Div. II offers. The other Hauck recruits at RB are third stringers at best.

Our FG kicking game is abysmal. Sugar coating done by the likes of the Green Weenie blaming it on a freshman kicker is total B.S. All true Griz fans remember when both Carpenter and Snyder were freshman kickers. Our current kickers could not wear their jock straps.

Neither kicker will be our starting FG kicker next season. In the meantime, we will suffer this season with what we have, and probably lose 1-2 games because of kicking woes. Please remember that Cal Davis went ahead late in the game by one point because of missed kicks. If the Griz offense had flamed out, the loss to Davis would have been the first loss due to poor kicking. There will be more opportunities in the coming weeks.

Finally, 25 straight regular season wins, 90% of them body bag games, is not impressive for a team which has as many recruiting advantages as Montana. Keep it in perspective. About 70% of those wins were at home. The rest were Big Sky games, and we all know how weak the conference is. The one impressive win in that group was this year against Cal Poly, on a blown gimme kick. I am unimpressed with the 25.

The playoffs are all that matters. Who cars about racking up meaningless wins? If you can't win at The Dance, you should stay home and quit being a pretender. Montana has become the Ohio State of FCS football. Overrated.

Question for all sugar coaters: If Hauck goes one-n-done again this season, how many of you (besdies his boyfriend Greenie) will support him because of his 25 wins?

With all you point out, and you do have some good points, it comes down to the playoffs. While Hauck has gone one and done a few times, he has also taken the Griz to the Championship game and the semi-finals. I bet he has more playoff wins in his time at Montana than 95% of the coaches in the FCS over the same time period.

Green26
September 22nd, 2008, 12:31 PM
Only 2 teams have more playoff wins than UM during Hauck's tenure at UM.

SLO and whoever else said Wolfman made some good points, could you list the good points he made? Given that most of what he said was not accurate, I'm curious as to what you thought were good points.

slostang
September 22nd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Only 2 teams have more playoff wins than UM during Hauck's tenure at UM.

SLO and whoever else said Wolfman made some good points, could you list the good points he made? Given that most of what he said was not accurate, I'm curious as to what you thought were good points.

He does not. I was just being nice and pointing out that if the playoffs were his only criteria of sucess, Hauck is still one of the best. I think that ole wolfies hate for Hauck blinds him to what is obvious to everyone else and did not want to get in a point by point arguement with him.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hauck took Joe Glenns team to the NC game.

Hauck teams are one and done in the playoffs.

Hauck has also lost more playoff games than most coaches here.

I have said it before and will say it again.

I would rather have 23 losing seasons in a row and then win a NC than to win every year and get bounced in the playoffs, that is a sign of mediocrity and a weak conference.

Championships are all that matter the rest is second place and the first loser.

montanafan
September 22nd, 2008, 02:16 PM

I would rather have 23 losing seasons in a row and then win a NC than to win every year and get bounced in the playoffs, that is a sign of mediocrity and a weak conference.

Alpha, you are such a Butte head. There are many coaches and schools that would love to make it to the playoffs even once. Yet, day in day out you are so willing to beat down the team that you say you love. What will happen if we make it to the playoffs this year again? What happens if we win a game or two in the playoffs? What happens if we win? Will you be willing to step up and appologize for all of your verbal abuse that you have put on all of your "fellow" fans? Be a man and step up.

Green26
September 22nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
1. The '04 teams also had many players who had not played for Glenn. Starters: the qb (decided to come to UM before Glenn left, but enrolled when Hauck was coach), the running backs, 1 offensive tackle, both kickers, 1 corner, safeties. Backups: Walden, Thomas, Utterback, Joyce, Kain, Hawthorne, Foreman, Biermann.

2. Two of Hauck's team went to the nat'l championship and semis.

3. A coach can only lose one playoff game per year. UM coaches have gone to the playoffs for 16 (?) straight years. Thus, every UM coach, except the two who won the national championship, have lost one playoff game per year.

4. The Big Sky is not a weak conference. Excluding '07, UM was the top-rated conference in the prior 4-year period that Hauck was been at UM, according to Sagarin.

Wolfman
September 22nd, 2008, 10:39 PM
1. The '04 teams also had many players who had not played for Glenn. Starters: the qb (decided to come to UM before Glenn left, but enrolled when Hauck was coach), the running backs, 1 offensive tackle, both kickers, 1 corner, safeties. Backups: Walden, Thomas, Utterback, Joyce, Kain, Hawthorne, Foreman, Biermann.

2. Two of Hauck's team went to the nat'l championship and semis.

3. A coach can only lose one playoff game per year. UM coaches have gone to the playoffs for 16 (?) straight years. Thus, every UM coach, except the two who won the national championship, have lost one playoff game per year.

4. The Big Sky is not a weak conference. Excluding '07, UM was the top-rated conference in the prior 4-year period that Hauck was been at UM, according to Sagarin.

double helping of Frosted Flakes

Wolfman
September 22nd, 2008, 10:42 PM
He does not. I was just being nice and pointing out that if the playoffs were his only criteria of sucess, Hauck is still one of the best. I think that ole wolfies hate for Hauck blinds him to what is obvious to everyone else and did not want to get in a point by point arguement with him.

Don't you think you have stroked off enough Griz sugar coaters? Yet you are like the Energizer bunny.... you keep going and going.

putter
September 22nd, 2008, 10:47 PM

Would have sounded better if you cut out "and then win a NC etc.". Problem is that 15 teams lose a playoff game every year. In 2010 it will become 19.

Wolfman
September 22nd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Wolfie, those were very accurate points you made about the game. However, I believe when Greenie was referring to the running back recruited by Hauck this year, he meant Dan Moore (http://washington.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Pr_Key=55385) from Marana, AZ. I believe this kid was projected as a starter this season, but became inelgible due to changes in the NCAA clearinghouse - basically, he would have been eligible if recruited last year. This kid runs a 4.5, benches 415lbs and averaged 9 yards/carry last year in the Phoenix area. Check out his recruiting video, I hope the guys comes back next year!
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2008_2009/Football/Multimedia/2008_Signing/moore_dan.wmv

How can anyone state that a true freshman who has never played a single game is a great recruit at RB? Moore is not a tailback, he is more of an FB or H-back. He may be good, and he may never start a game for the Griz. We shall see. But to use him as an example of Hauck recruiting great high school running backs is absurd. No offense.

Wolfman
September 22nd, 2008, 10:54 PM
I notice that no Griz fans has the gonads to answer my previous question. So, I'll make another run at it to see if any have grown a pair today.

QUESTION: If Hauck goes one-n-done again this season, will you STILL support him as coach of the Griz? OR, if Hauck loses to the Bobcats in Missoula, giving him a 3-3 mark against our rivals, will you STILL support him as coach?

Should be interesting. Wipe the 10x confectioners from your chins and answer these questions......

mtgrizfan4life
September 22nd, 2008, 11:01 PM
Some fans for some programs totally amaze me and have expectations so unrealistic. Championships are realistic expectations. Woulda, coulda, shoulda are part of every fans vocabulary in any sport at all levels. The fact is winning championships at any level is very very difficult. Some you will only be happy with perfection. Wouldn't we all?

However, the bashing of a coach or programs as successful as Hauck and the GRIZ is so uncallled for. The ironic thing is these bashers are far from perfect in their respected career fields. If people had the same expectations by others in their career fields, we would be having new people in new positions most every day.

As for FCS football is concerned, every FCS football other than App State would be thankful and elated to have what the GRIZ have. FWIW, when APP State's run ends, I am sure their fan base will appreciate what they have accomplished. Keep in mind their coach has been there an eternity, and with time they got things right. They were rewarded for sticking with their coach, despite the rough times.

To the bashers everywhere, next time you make a mistake or have a rough day, keep in mind, you too should lose your job and you are no good. (How f'n ridiculous that is?) How about if your kid does not ACE the SAT test, does that make them a failure? I know I am really exagerating things here, but to some that is every bit as exagerated as your expectations for some coaches and programs. Just enjoy the good times and see your program/team through the bad times. Life goes on, with or without championships or perfection! xthumbsupx

mtgrizfan4life
September 22nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
double post, see below

mtgrizfan4life
September 22nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
And to add to this, if you are so damn smart and such a football expert. Why in hell are you not coaching your respected program? I suppose in your mind, you are over qualified.

slostang
September 22nd, 2008, 11:54 PM
I notice that no Griz fans has the gonads to answer my previous question. So, I'll make another run at it to see if any have grown a pair today.

QUESTION: If Hauck goes one-n-done again this season, will you STILL support him as coach of the Griz? OR, if Hauck loses to the Bobcats in Missoula, giving him a 3-3 mark against our rivals, will you STILL support him as coach?

Should be interesting. Wipe the 10x confectioners from your chins and answer these questions......

You never seem to answer questions yourself. What if he makes a deep run in the playoffs this year? Will you then support him??? Even if Hauck were to win the National Championship this year you would more than likely come back with the FCS is week this year.

BTW, I thought you were going to put me on your ignore list??? I would put you on mine, but you are so entertaining. You never know what idiotic claim you will make next. Keep em coming wolfie. I could use another good laugh.

uofmman1122
September 22nd, 2008, 11:58 PM
QUESTION: If Hauck goes one-n-done again this season, will you STILL support him as coach of the Griz? OR, if Hauck loses to the Bobcats in Missoula, giving him a 3-3 mark against our rivals, will you STILL support him as coach?Yes

1. I'm not an asshole.

2. He does a damn good job already.

3. I don't have unrealistic expectations.

4. I could never do what he does, as well as he does it.

5. Based on what I've seen so far, he's been solid.

6. I don't need lame hypothetical situations to get my point across, unlike you. If he goes one and done, we'll worry about it then. If we lose to the cats, we'll talk about it then.

So far, Bobby Hauck has done everything asked of him.You might take a lesson from Hauck and do what you're asked, and STFU. xpeacex

Syntax Error
September 23rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
yeah, reciprocating with personal attacks is never a good idea... we all learn that and learn to ignore...

they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

GolfingGriz
September 23rd, 2008, 12:59 AM
yeah, reciprocating with personal attacks is never a good idea... we all learn that and learn to ignore...

The only meaningful post in this entire thread.

Grizzaholic
September 23rd, 2008, 10:07 AM

Yeah....you know from experience.

Wolfman
September 23rd, 2008, 11:02 AM
Yes

1. I'm not an asshole.

2. He does a damn good job already.

3. I don't have unrealistic expectations.

4. I could never do what he does, as well as he does it.

5. Based on what I've seen so far, he's been solid.

6. I don't need lame hypothetical situations to get my point across, unlike you. If he goes one and done, we'll worry about it then. If we lose to the cats, we'll talk about it then.

So far, Bobby Hauck has done everything asked of him.You might take a lesson from Hauck and do what you're asked, and STFU. xpeacex

I reserve my right as an American to freedom of speech.

I do not need to use "hypothetical situations" to expose ole' one-n-done Hauck for what he is. He does a perfectly fine job of it himself, real time. Should I remind you about his three losses in the first round of the playoffs, at home, the most intimidating home field advantage in all of FCS football, to teams who were significant underdogs.

Should I also remind you that Hauck lost two games to the Bobcats in which we were heavy favorites? Should I remind you that he lost the NC to JMU in a game in which we were favored by 5 points in the Vegas line? Should I remind you that he lost at home to UMASS in a game in which he was favored?

I think these examples should be sufficient to prove my point about his inability to win the big game.

24 straight regular season wins???? Zzzzzzzzzz~ xeyebrowx

montanafan
September 23rd, 2008, 11:21 AM

OK Wolfie, here it goes. yes, there are always "fair weather fans" for every team in the nation. You have a good year, they love you, you have a bad year, they hate you. With that being said, most of us "fans" are not fair weather fans. We choose to support our team and our school because we choose to, not because of who is the coach that particular year. If Hauck looses every game the rest of the year I will still be a fan of the program because I choose to be a fan. We "fans" do not support a team just because of the coach, so if Hauck stays or goes that will not affect the level of support of most fans nor will the record of the team affect the level of support of most fans. Yes, there will be fans, such as yourself, that will probably love to see Hauck go if the Griz have a bad year, but that will not change the level of support for the school or the team, will it?

Green26
September 23rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Oops, double post. My bad.

Green26
September 23rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Correction:

It is not true that the 3 teams UM lost to in the first round were significant underdogs. In '03, some people didn't think UM deserved to even be in the playoffs. In '05, UM was barely hanging on as the team appeared to be running out of gas late in the season. UM had beaten CP in a big game during the season, but it was not assured that UM could beat them twice. In '07, Wofford came to Missoula as the SoCon champion, with several impressive wins, including a win over App. St. Yes, most people assumed UM would beat Wofford, but some realized that Wofford's precison and deceptive offense could pose problems for UM (which had not faced that type of option offense and not many option offenses generally) and Wofford had a very good team. A loss is a loss, and very disappointing, but a 1-pt. loss combined with many chances to win is not exactly the end of the world.

There is nothing that will satisfy most of the Hauck Haters. Wolfman turned on Hauck before the first season even started. He has predicted demise for 5.5 years now, but been proven wrong over and over. He is obviously very frustrated by Hauck's continuing UM's incredibly streak of success.

placidlakegriz
September 23rd, 2008, 11:51 AM

Than you should be thrilled with the GRIZ as we have won two NC in the the past 13 years, PLUS have had winning seasons in each of those 13 years.

slostang
September 23rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
You never seem to answer questions yourself. What if he makes a deep run in the playoffs this year? Will you then support him??? Even if Hauck were to win the National Championship this year you would more than likely come back with the FCS is week this year.

BTW, I thought you were going to put me on your ignore list??? I would put you on mine, but you are so entertaining. You never know what idiotic claim you will make next. Keep em coming wolfie. I could use another good laugh.

Once again he fails to answer the question so I will ask it again. Wolfie, if Hauck takes what you say is a team that is made up of sub par recruits deep into the playoffs, will you then support him???? What if he wins the National Championship. When you then tell the world how wrong you were and that you think after second thought that Hauck is a great coach????

elkmcc
September 23rd, 2008, 02:26 PM
Once again he fails to answer the question so I will ask it again. Wolfie, if Hauck takes what you say is a team that is made up of sub par recruits deep into the playoffs, will you then support him???? What if he wins the National Championship. When you then tell the world how wrong you were and that you think after second thought that Hauck is a great coach????

He might not have to support BH much longer, if you believe this:

• Don't be shocked if Montana coach Bobby Hauck becomes a hot coaching commodity. Hauck was 52-14 in five seasons at Montana entering this season, taking the Grizzlies to the FCS playoffs each season. His 2004 team played for the title. Hauck, 44, was an assistant to Rick Neuheisel at Colorado (1995-98) and Washington (1999-02) before landing the Montana job. Montana (3-0) has won 24 consecutive regular-season games. An interesting side note: Hauck replaced Joe Glenn when Glenn left to take the Wyoming job. Now, Glenn finds his job in Laramie in peril. Could Hauck replace him again?

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=853729

No worries. I am sure whomever UM hires to replace BH, wolfyboy will undoubtedly have a hate on for. I mean, wolfy is so wonderful and knowledgeable that no person on the planet measures up to his standard.

Wolfman
September 23rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
He might not have to support BH much longer, if you believe this:

• Don't be shocked if Montana coach Bobby Hauck becomes a hot coaching commodity. Hauck was 52-14 in five seasons at Montana entering this season, taking the Grizzlies to the FCS playoffs each season. His 2004 team played for the title. Hauck, 44, was an assistant to Rick Neuheisel at Colorado (1995-98) and Washington (1999-02) before landing the Montana job. Montana (3-0) has won 24 consecutive regular-season games. An interesting side note: Hauck replaced Joe Glenn when Glenn left to take the Wyoming job. Now, Glenn finds his job in Laramie in peril. Could Hauck replace him again?

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=853729

No worries. I am sure whomever UM hires to replace BH, wolfyboy will undoubtedly have a hate on for. I mean, wolfy is so wonderful and knowledgeable that no person on the planet measures up to his standard.

I wondered when you would emerge from your cow patty to spew your venom once again.

I sure hope that someone takes Hauck. But, it will not happen. You see, athletic directions can see right through those 24 wins, most of which were body bag games. They also understand that one-n-done Bobby Hauck will never be able to win the big ones.

I have firmly supported Don Read, Mick Dennehy, and Joe Glenn. Hauck is the one and only coach who has dumbed-down the program, put a ridiculous offense on the field, and recruited IA drop-thugs to mask his inability to recruit good high school players from out-of-state.

For these reasons, I will never cut him an inch of slack.

But, that does not mean that you are not a pin head. xlolx

Wolfman
September 23rd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Correction:

It is not true that the 3 teams UM lost to in the first round were significant underdogs. In '03, some people didn't think UM deserved to even be in the playoffs. In '05, UM was barely hanging on as the team appeared to be running out of gas late in the season. UM had beaten CP in a big game during the season, but it was not assured that UM could beat them twice. In '07, Wofford came to Missoula as the SoCon champion, with several impressive wins, including a win over App. St. Yes, most people assumed UM would beat Wofford, but some realized that Wofford's precison and deceptive offense could pose problems for UM (which had not faced that type of option offense and not many option offenses generally) and Wofford had a very good team. A loss is a loss, and very disappointing, but a 1-pt. loss combined with many chances to win is not exactly the end of the world.

There is nothing that will satisfy most of the Hauck Haters. Wolfman turned on Hauck before the first season even started. He has predicted demise for 5.5 years now, but been proven wrong over and over. He is obviously very frustrated by Hauck's continuing UM's incredibly streak of success.

What a freakin' joke your post is. How do you face people in Missoula posting such stupidity? You have out-done yourself on spin in this one.

So, we were not favored in those three one-n-done's huh? R-I-G-H-T !! I did not realize that a playoff team could get the home field, be ceeded, be ranked in the top 5 nationally, and play an unceeded team ranked much lower, and not be favored in the game? You are a joke with your inane posts. You continue to exhibit why your agenda is to make your boyfriend look good. But, you are grasping at straws, and it is getting pretty nauseating reading your posts.

Whose Arse are you going to kiss if your special friend gets a IA job? We will have to get you on a heavy dose of Paxil.

Wolfman
September 23rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Correction:

What a freakin' joke your post is. How do you face people in Missoula posting such stupidity? You have out-done yourself on spin in this one.

So, we were not favored in those three one-n-done's huh? R-I-G-H-T !! I did not realize that a playoff team could get the home field, be ceeded, be ranked in the top 5 nationally, and play an unceeded team ranked much lower, and not be favored in the game? You are a joke with your inane posts. You continue to exhibit why your agenda is to make your boyfriend look good. But, you are grasping at straws, and it is getting pretty nauseating reading your posts.

Whose arse are you going to kiss if your special friend gets a IA job? We will have to get you on a heavy dose of Paxil.

Wolfman
September 23rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
OK Wolfie, here it goes. yes, there are always "fair weather fans" for every team in the nation. You have a good year, they love you, you have a bad year, they hate you. With that being said, most of us "fans" are not fair weather fans. We choose to support our team and our school because we choose to, not because of who is the coach that particular year. If Hauck looses every game the rest of the year I will still be a fan of the program because I choose to be a fan. We "fans" do not support a team just because of the coach, so if Hauck stays or goes that will not affect the level of support of most fans nor will the record of the team affect the level of support of most fans. Yes, there will be fans, such as yourself, that will probably love to see Hauck go if the Griz have a bad year, but that will not change the level of support for the school or the team, will it?

I support the Montana football program as passionately as anyone. I just do not, and WILL NOT, support this head coach. He has embarrased our school nationally with his thug recruiting, and has made us the Ohio State of FCS football with his inability to win in the playoffs. Do not confuse support for this team with support for it's coach. They are totally separate things.