PDA

View Full Version : #21 UC Davis @ Stephen F. Austin thread

SochorField
October 31st, 2005, 05:05 PM
With the Aggies FINALLY ranked in the ESPN/USA Today and Sports Network (#21), and coming off 3 wins in a row vs.
Southern Utah
North Dakota State
Cal Poly
Will the Ags avenge last year's home loss to SFA, and beat the 'Jacks at Nacogdoches?

Yes. UC Davis 21 SFA 7

aggie6thman
October 31st, 2005, 05:16 PM
Same record as us, 5-3, only common opponent is Southern Utah which we both beat.

We are riding high after our last two wins. I feel like we are going to pull this one out.

Any SFA fans our conference opponents who can offer some insight into their team? Looked through their roster and some of their game releases but would like to know more.

TexasTerror
October 31st, 2005, 05:20 PM
Sam and SELA both ran it up against the Jacks...

If you guys don't win, you can forget the playoff argument. You won't deserve it...

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
October 31st, 2005, 05:22 PM
Southland is down this year, SFA maybe worse than anyone, while the Great West is up.

Davis by about four TD's. I'll be surprised if SFA gets into the double digits.

UNHknowledge
October 31st, 2005, 05:24 PM
I'm very high on the Aggies and I'm shocked that they aren't ranked higher than Poly being that they beat them head to head and have the same record, a win over Pac10 Stanford, and lost 3 games by a combined 8 pts to very respectable opponents including #2 UNH. I don't expect their D to have too much trouble with SFA and Kays will probably continue his dominance out west. UC-Davis should make it 4 in a row.

TexasTerror
October 31st, 2005, 05:33 PM
Southland is down this year, SFA maybe worse than anyone, while the Great West is up.

Southland just got impacted more than anyone by Hurricane Katrina especially the Louisiana schools. Then, Rita wasn't friendly either...

It messed up the routine and any coach will tell you that any tampering of a routine is not beneficial...

Games cancelled. Games moved to different locations. Long bus rides on game day due to lack of hotels. Classes cancelled here and there.

Been a mess...

SochorField
October 31st, 2005, 05:35 PM
TexasTerror-
UC Davis isnt eligible for the post-season until 2007-2008.

UNH will win the Nat'l Championship (I hope). Santos and Ball are studs...I think UC Davis' QB Jon Grant and WR Tony Kays will finally get their due by the end of this year, for sure next year as Seniors.

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
October 31st, 2005, 05:37 PM
Been a mess...

Yeah, man, that sucks. Since we see Southland teams in Missoula every year in the playoffs, I've become a SLC fan (especially Sam). I knew you guys'd be down after big losses of Long, Mathenia, Louvier, etc etc, but was hoping for McNeese to rise outta the ashes this season. Interesting to see Texas State doing well.

Next year for the SLC, I guess.

txstatebobcat
October 31st, 2005, 05:38 PM
SFA still has a good offense, and this is a home game for the Jacks. With that said, UC-Davis wins, but it will be closer than expected.

OrneryAggie
October 31st, 2005, 07:42 PM
SFA still has a good offense, and this is a home game for the Jacks. With that said, UC-Davis wins, but it will be closer than expected.

Besides playing the losers at Suc St every UCD game has been closer than we'd like. It'd be nice to put this one away early.

Aggie71
October 31st, 2005, 08:32 PM
Texas and Davis have a mixed history.

SW Texas State ( now Texas State?), Angelo St., Kingsvale (now TAMUK), Abeline Christian, SFA.

Texas guys are studs. The Bison hunt pheasant and deer and elk. The Texicans hunt anything they want to.

This is not an easy game. Texans keep their kids back from Kindergarten for 2-3 years, so they'll be studs in High School. (OK, big conjecture)

As they said in "Oklahoma", "The Cowboys and the Farmers can be friends!"

But not till 60 mins of snot bubbles and big noises out of clashing lines.

Will be good.

GO AGS

GeauxLions94
October 31st, 2005, 09:20 PM
Same record as us, 5-3, only common opponent is Southern Utah which we both beat.

We are riding high after our last two wins. I feel like we are going to pull this one out.

Any SFA fans our conference opponents who can offer some insight into their team? Looked through their roster and some of their game releases but would like to know more.

Actually, SFA's 4-4 and has lost three straight. Offensively, SFA's not bad with a mobile quarterback in Danny Southall who started over the league's leading passer (Zeke Dixon) :confused: They have a couple of decent running backs and one decent receiver (Chance Dennis).

Defensively, they have a SMALL front seven. If you have any running game, you should do well though it's tough to win the cross-sectional game, especially on the road.

Sam and SELA both ran it up against the Jacks...

If you guys don't win, you can forget the playoff argument. You won't deserve it...

We really would have run it up if Hal Mumme were still in charge. So we put 45 points on the board ... we ran the ball more than we threw it :eek: And I agree with TT, if you guys don't win, start planning for 2006. :nod:

SochorField
October 31st, 2005, 10:22 PM
Does SFA have a webcast?

lucchesicourt
November 1st, 2005, 06:23 AM
UCD is not going to the playoffs no way no how. They are NOT elgible until '07-08. They are a transitional team with much less than the 63 schollies required of D1AA. That being said we have already won our playoff games, Stanford and Cal Poly. Now, the only thing left is to win one more game (guarantees the record for consectutive years of winning seasons continues at D2 level or higher) and beat UNC (guarantees at least a tie for the GWFC title), after that it is to just play, remain healthy, and hopefully win the other games. The other games really don't mean to much right now, as they do not mean anything as far as this season goes with post season chances.

Aggie71
November 1st, 2005, 11:38 PM
We are playing for the GWFC championship. We will be in the mix. Us older guys want both. The championship and the continuation of the "streak". Arp has made this possible. Play for "Club Fred"!!!

Whatta way to finish out the TOOM!!!

Whatta way to start Sochor Field!!!

Ahh, the smell of the Dairy Barns in the morning!!!