PDA

View Full Version : Title prediction...

grizband
October 31st, 2005, 04:34 PM
I would like to know what conference everyone here thinks this year's I-AA champion will come from. Not necessarily which team will win the title, but which conference will take home the championship.

TypicalTribe
October 31st, 2005, 04:44 PM
I would like to know what conference everyone here thinks this year's I-AA champion will come from. Not necessarily which team will win the title, but which conference will take home the championship.

The way a lot of the leagues are shaping up, picking a conference would indeed be picking a team since just one will make it.

However, my vote is the Southern.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2005, 04:49 PM
The way a lot of the leagues are shaping up, picking a conference would indeed be picking a team since just one will make it.

However, my vote is the Southern.

I second the Southern. I think Furman, App State and GSU are all capable of making a run. I think those three are better than the Gateway trio of YSU, WKU and SIU. If not the Southern than the A-10 since i believe UNH has the best team this year but bad weather could hurt them severely like it did against W&M.

CatFan22
October 31st, 2005, 06:05 PM
I think one team from the Sky is getting in this year.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 31st, 2005, 07:11 PM
I appreciate the votes of confidence, and I do route for my conference to dominate, but I think the A10 has more of a chance than the Socon does. I hope I am wrong and you guys are right though.

rcny46
October 31st, 2005, 07:17 PM
The BSC or Southern.Too close to call for me,and I can't narrow it down any further than that.

Cocky
October 31st, 2005, 09:10 PM
The OVC

Tribe4SF
October 31st, 2005, 09:12 PM
The OVC

Ahhhh......hallucinogens! Gotta love 'em! :D

AppGuy04
October 31st, 2005, 09:13 PM
I'm taking the SoCon, i think they will have 3, and thats about the best odds you're gonna get

mainejeff
October 31st, 2005, 09:32 PM
1. Southern
2. Big Sky
3. A-10

My actual pick is Furman over UNH though.

McNeese75
October 31st, 2005, 09:37 PM
A-10 (UNH)

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 31st, 2005, 09:59 PM
Paladins.

LacesOut
November 1st, 2005, 11:57 AM
1. Southern
2. Big Sky
3. A-10

My actual pick is Furman over UNH though.

Yep. Furman was my pick this year. Last year also. lol

grizband
November 1st, 2005, 12:05 PM
I think one team from the Sky is getting in this year.
I think this all depends on what happens the rest of the season. I UM wins out and wins the conference outright, that will be the first team in. EWU still plays Cal Poly, MSU, and UC Davis. IF EWU manages to win those three, I think they get in with an at large bid. This would probably exclude MSU, as they would lost two more games to finish out the season. I'm not saying this will happen, but this is a scenario in which two teams would make the playoffs from the Big Sky.

bluehenbillk
November 1st, 2005, 12:06 PM
If GSU beats Furman you can write the SoCon off because Furman won't beat anybody good on the road in the playoffs.

Hamptongal
November 1st, 2005, 12:17 PM
It's a crapshoot. I want to say the MEAC because my heart says Hampton that but my head says who the L knows. I think that's the thing about IAA this year. It seems wide open to me. I can't say I think UNH is better, of Furman or any other team, especially b/c the teams who I thought were going to kick some arse last year didn't, and no I don't mean Hampton, I mean teams that were seeded and ranked and had great seasons but fell flat in the playoffs.

Black and Gold Express
November 1st, 2005, 12:45 PM
If GSU beats Furman you can write the SoCon off because Furman won't beat anybody good on the road in the playoffs.

What then about ASU? :confused:

We've had some good showings on the road, nearly beating Furman, hanging tough with Kansas for a half-plus, and three commanding wins against EKU, Citadel, and Wofford (the latter two being games we should have blown them out, and did).

And should we get multiple games at home... well, you know how good we are in our yard.

bluehenbillk
November 1st, 2005, 12:45 PM
With a minimum of 3 losses I can't say ASU playing more than one game max at home.

griz37
November 1st, 2005, 12:47 PM
My title game is the Griz vs. Appalachian St. in a rematch of the '00 Semifinals.

GannonFan
November 1st, 2005, 01:07 PM
I don't think the Southern teams can win away from home this year, so that would rule out Appy St (although they are an incredible home team). I go with Furman if they play at home. Darkhorse pick would be Texas St - forget the Nicholl's St loss, that's just a fluke. But they only have 1 IAA loss and would be tough down in San Marcos. Besides those two, Montana is always going to be a tough out - if the brackets break their way they could be playing all home games again and then they'll be a lock to go to the title game.

umassfan
November 1st, 2005, 02:42 PM
For the first time all season, I came away from a game believing I saw two teams with the potential to go all the way. Massachusetts has an improving offense and a suffocating defense, and will be a tough out for anybody if it makes the playoffs..

SeattleGriz
November 1st, 2005, 03:47 PM
Montana vs Furman

Montana sends Furman home crying again. Only this time, we won't give Furman 6 points at the end just to be nice.

ronpayne
November 1st, 2005, 03:50 PM
I think (only because I'm an optimist) that ASU is going to make it to the title game-we took GSU easily (No offense Southern folks - you KILLED us last year), and nearly beat Furman in their house. If we get everything firing on all cylinders, I just don't know that Richie and Richardson are stoppable - I mean, if you stop Richie, you have to deal with Richardson. Thats the strength of this years ASU team - they are much more well rounded than we have been the past (in my honest opinion).

Then again, I'm just a band director (dork) - Go Apps! And, if for some reason ASU doesn't take it all, I'll go with a SOCON team out of loyalty!

OL FU
November 1st, 2005, 03:55 PM
Montana vs Furman

Montana sends Furman home crying again. Only this time, we won't give Furman 6 points at the end just to be nice.

Not saying that we will be there, but the only way we would not score is if the bus broke down on the way to 'Nooga.

youwouldno
November 1st, 2005, 04:08 PM
This idea SoCon teams can't win on the road is... dumb. The A-10's chances depend on how many teams make it. I doubt a Gateway team wins it. Big Sky is quite possible.

Within the SoCon, I doubt GSU really could take it-- assuming they make the playoffs, which is 50/50-- but both Furman and App St have good shots.