PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League - Week 2

bulldog10jw
September 21st, 2008, 01:29 PM
Forget something?

YaleFootballFan
September 21st, 2008, 01:39 PM
Not sure what happened....but here's what I originally posted.....

Ivy League - Week 2

Saturday, September 27th
New Hampshire at DARTMOUTH, 12:00 pm
HARVARD at BROWN, 12:30 pm
YALE at CORNELL, 1:00 pm
COLUMBIA at Towson, 3:00 pm
PENN at Lafayette, 6:00 pm
Lehigh at PRINCETON, 6:00 PM

GAME OF THE WEEK - Harvard at Brown - Two of the top tier teams in the league square off in Providence.

DUD OF THE WEEK - Columbia at Towson - This could be a game that Columbia can actually win.

PREDICTIONS - Last week I was a perfect 8-0, so let's see how I do this week: UNH, Harvard, Yale, Towson, Penn and Princeton all win this Saturday.

Ivytalk
September 21st, 2008, 02:15 PM
Not sure what happened....but here's what I originally posted.....

Ivy League - Week 2

Saturday, September 27th
New Hampshire at DARTMOUTH, 12:00 pm
HARVARD at BROWN, 12:30 pm
YALE at CORNELL, 1:00 pm
COLUMBIA at Towson, 3:00 pm
PENN at Lafayette, 6:00 pm
Lehigh at PRINCETON, 6:00 PM

GAME OF THE WEEK - Harvard at Brown - Two of the top tier teams in the league square off in Providence.

DUD OF THE WEEK - Columbia at Towson - This could be a game that Columbia can actually win.

PREDICTIONS - Last week I was a perfect 8-0, so let's see how I do this week: UNH, Harvard, Yale, Towson, Penn and Princeton all win this Saturday.

I like those picks, YFF. Last week, I went out on a limb and picked Dartmouth to upset Colgate. My "upset special" this week is Lafayette over Penn. If Harvard has four turnovers this week, Brown will beat them. Harvard has won 7 or 8 in a row in the series, so Brown should be up for it. I wonder if the crowd in Providence will crack 10,000. It's a pretty small stadium.

brownbear
September 21st, 2008, 09:03 PM
UNH and Yale should win easily.

Towson-Columbia could be interesting, but I just don't see Columbia beating them. I would have thought Lafayette would have beaten Penn easily before last week, but after the Penn-Villanova game, I think Penn can take it. I think Lehigh will beat Princeton.

And my upset pick of course comes from the Harvard-Brown game. If our defense plays like they did last week (zero points allowed), then we can take them. Hopefully our passing game can do a little better next week. Last year, Brown went into the game planning a running attack, but after the star RB (Derek Knight) got injured, we had to step up the passing game, which, with a QB in only his second game, didn't do too well (I think Dougherty threw 3 INTs last year). If we can play like we did this past week, we can win this game and show that we are legitimate contenders for the Ivy League title.

ngineer
September 21st, 2008, 09:09 PM
With an extra week to heal up from Villanova and prepare, I would expect Lehigh to beat Princeton, but in a close game. Last year's game at Princeton was won by the defense with some big plays, and I would expect the same this year. Lehigh 27-24.

bonarae
September 22nd, 2008, 06:34 AM
My predictions:

UNH by 24
Harvard by 7
Yale by 25
Towson by 20
Penn by 13
Princeton by 6

I am not sure which of these games can be called 'close'.

Harvard Worship
September 22nd, 2008, 05:57 PM
I'll call:

New Hampshire over Dartmouth,
HARVARD over Brown,
Yale over Cornell,
Towson over Columbia,
Penn over Lafayette, and
Princeton over Lehigh

Should be a pretty good week!

Franks Tanks
September 22nd, 2008, 06:44 PM
I'll call:

New Hampshire over Dartmouth,
HARVARD over Brown,
Yale over Cornell,
Towson over Columbia,
Penn over Lafayette, and
Princeton over Lehigh

Should be a pretty good week!

Lafayette will beat Penn. We won last year at Franklin without a QB. They will be coming to our house under the light on homecoming. The Quackers are going down by 10.

blu-bulldog
September 22nd, 2008, 09:48 PM
You guys had a hard time against Marist. Penn will treat you like the Princeton Marching band in Charleston.
Penn by 20 points.

Pard94
September 23rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
You guys had a hard time against Marist. Penn will treat you like the Princeton Marching band in Charleston.
Penn by 20 points.

If by "hard time" you mean held Marist to less than 100 yards total offense then, yes, we had a very hard time with Marist. We only managed to score 28 points in a named tropical depression that dumped 4 inches of rain in 2 hours. Marist's only score came off of a fumbled punt snap (in the driving rain) that gave them the ball on our 3 yardline. Yes...that was quite a struggle.

Lafayette 28
Penn 10

Pard94
September 23rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Penn by 20 points.

If by "hard time" you mean held Marist to less than 100 yards total offense then, yes, we had a very hard time with Marist. We only managed to score 28 points in a named tropical depression that dumped 4 inches of rain in 2 hours. Marist's only score came off of a fumbled punt snap (in the driving rain) that gave them the ball on our 3 yardline. Yes...that was quite a struggle.

Lafayette 28
Penn 10

UNHWILDCATS05
September 24th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Is there an Ivy League Football message board? I feel like I have seen a couple before but I can't seem to find one.

citdog
September 24th, 2008, 11:42 AM
YANKEE SCUM IS ALL ANY OF YOU ARE.

Anovafan
September 24th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Some good looking games in the Ivy league this week. Penn-Pards looks interesting. Penn's defense is pretty good this year. I saw them last week and they will give Lafayette everything they can handle and might get the W. Rain will play a factor. Harvard-Brown should be fun to watch as well.

Cobblestone
September 24th, 2008, 11:46 AM

xnonono2x

Citdog, is today National Highjack a Thread day or something? You seem to be on a roll... Sir!

citdog
September 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM
xnonono2x

Citdog, is today National Highjack a Thread day or something? You seem to be on a roll... Sir!

THANKS FOR NOTICING

UAalum72
September 24th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Is there an Ivy League Football message board? I feel like I have seen a couple before but I can't seem to find one.
http://www.voy.com/152805/

There's another but it's mostly degenerate political smack

UNHWILDCATS05
September 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM
http://www.voy.com/152805/

There's another but it's mostly degenerate political smack

Thanks!

Ivytalk
September 24th, 2008, 01:03 PM

BEGONE, THOU UNHOLY REB HIJACKER OF THREADS! STICKEST THOU TO THE PRINCETON-CITADEL THREAD IF THOU WISHEST TO SPREAD THY FOUL OFFAL OF SEPARATISM!:p

I still think that turnovers will be the key to Harvard-Brown, given the Crimson's performance on that score last week. If we play a clean game, we should beat the Bears...again. If not, well, there is that law of averages...xcoolx

YaleFootballFan
September 24th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Harvard-Brown should be fun to watch as well.

The Brown Stadium playing field will certainly take a beating with the rain on Saturday. Brown is only one of two Ivy schools with natural grass....Yale is the other, but the Elis are away at Cornell.

Pard94
September 25th, 2008, 09:43 AM

Are you one of those folks who make a pilgrimage to pay homage to the severed and separately interred arm of Stonewall Jackson? Check the 1865scoreboard, pal...Yankees 1, Rebels 0. Incidentally that's the only way I'd ever root for Yankees.

Harvard Worship
September 27th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Little bit of an Ivy shakeup this week with both Yale and Harvard falling in their Ivy openers.

Nasty bit of weather in Providence, but watch out for those Bears. Solid D, nice QB play from Dougherty, RB Knight is no Hartigan, but he's no slouch (& kept playing while beat up). I was hoping for another last-minute Harvard victory, but I think our luck ran out after last week (& the stunners vs. Brown in 2005 & 2006). Rats.

otto4pres
September 27th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Hello.

bulldog10jw
September 27th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Hello.

Nice win for Cornell. Yale's offense looked as inept as they did against Harvard last year.

It really should have never gotten close, although Cornell's offense was pretty mediocre also.

brownbear
September 27th, 2008, 03:35 PM
BROWN WINS!!!! Awesome game! Had Harvard made the first extra point at the beginning of the game, they would have tied it at the end, and sent it to overtime.

First win over Harvard since 1999, when Brown went on to go 9-1 and win the ivy title. With Yale's loss, this win makes us the team to beat in the Ivy League!!

bulldog10jw
September 27th, 2008, 03:37 PM
BROWN WINS!!!! Awesome game! Had Harvard made the first extra point at the beginning of the game, they would have tied it at the end, and sent it to overtime.

First win over Harvard since 1999, when Brown went on to go 9-1 and win the ivy title. With Yale's loss, this win makes us the team to beat in the Ivy League!!

Congrats, brownbear.

dbackjon
September 27th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Big shake up. Guess no votes for Harvard and Yale this week.

Brown and Cornell might get some votes though

Ivytalk
September 27th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Big shake up. Guess no votes for Harvard and Yale this week.

Brown and Cornell might get some votes though

Not bloody likely.xcoolx

Bogus Megapardus
September 27th, 2008, 08:50 PM
First win over Harvard since 1999

Congrats, Brown!!!!

Franks Tanks
September 27th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Penn by 20 points.

Perhaps you meant Penn would by DOWN 20 in the 2nd quarter, cause thats what happened (actually 24 but who's counting) xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Ivytalk
September 29th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Brown outplayed us and deserved to win. Harvard better cut down on its mistakes, or it could be a disappointing season in Cambridge. Tough game coming up against Lafayette.