PDA

View Full Version : State of Chattanooga Football

BLUEMOC20
September 21st, 2008, 09:19 AM
I know that it is still early and that maybe Coach Allison can right the ship but I think we are screwed. We left him on and did give him extension. He was a lame duck coach and that really hurt us. We should have fired him and started looking for a new coach.

When we get a new coach, I assuming that a record of, at best 16-40, gets you a contract extension.s had two coaches in the back of my mind.
1.) Chuck Martin of GVSU
He is a proven winner
50-4
2 National titles

2.)Mark Hudspeth
54-19
4 Playoff appearances

I want one of these guys. They are proven winners and both, I think would love a chance to move up. Chattanooga could be a great football school and we have the right guy. We now have a great AD who is trying to turn it around. He next hire will make his career.

Who do all you'll think we should go after. I have a really good friend how works with the team and says that practices are like high school practices. WTF? That is why we suck. Name me one other school in the SOCON( the sec of FCS) that would allow their coach to suck as bad as we have. My friend says we have the talent and you can see it, just poor coaching.

So my question is what do you'll think? Who do you think we should hire when the season is over? Can we ever turn it around and make UTC a power in the SOCON again? Just give me some input on the state of Chattanooga football.

Thanks

I guess my

JaxSinfonian
September 21st, 2008, 09:43 AM
2.)Mark Hudspeth
54-19
4 Playoff appearances

Seeing the coaching change talk at mocfans.com, this was the first name that came to my mind. But I'd prefer you keep your hands off him, 'cause I'd like to see him considered at Jax State when Crowe finally rides off into the sunset. Hiring him away from Chatty would just make it more expensive. ;)

89Hen
September 21st, 2008, 09:51 AM
You do have a nice stadium. :)

BLUEMOC20
September 21st, 2008, 10:00 AM
thanks, but how do we fill it? HAHAHA

CID1990
September 21st, 2008, 10:17 AM
Spurrier might be available soon.

BLUEMOC20
September 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM
I'd take him. He would bring in some serious attention. HAHA

catamount man
September 21st, 2008, 12:03 PM
Kent Briggs is available. xthumbsupx

gophoenix
September 21st, 2008, 01:08 PM
Hamilton might be looking to leave Brevard at the end of the year. Sure he'd like to take a step up too ;)

As for who to take, why not try for someone who knows FCS and recruiting D-I athletes? UT-Martin's coach maybe?

walliver
September 21st, 2008, 02:41 PM
The Mocs need to stick with a proven FCS coach who understands FCS football. UTC's roster has been filled with I-A drop-down players for years. Until the mocs recruit (and keep) high school players, the program is going nowhere. Chattanooga needs to recruit a good FCS assistant (OC or DC), and pay him bonuses for player retention and academic performance.

Most I-A assistants don't really understand FCS recruiting. A D-II move up is probably looking for a quick fix and another move.

CID1990
September 21st, 2008, 02:45 PM
Sparky Woods will be availbale as soon as he manages to lose to Emory & Henry or Greensboro College or something like that.

GeauxLions94
September 21st, 2008, 08:34 PM
Spurrier might be available soon.

Sparky Woods will be availbale as soon as he manages to lose to Emory & Henry or Greensboro College or something like that.

If you want to go the pro route, Lane Kiffen might be a steal when Al Davis finally gets his way.

nothingbutjsu
September 21st, 2008, 08:35 PM
Can we interest you in JSU's Crowe and Greg Stewart? They come as a pair. Part of Stewart's contract will have to include unlimited buffet's at Wally's.

CID1990
September 23rd, 2008, 12:11 PM

Reply to Mr. C (who prefers to reply via neg. rep points):

I certainly DO know a lot about Sparky Woods. Apparently the idea that a fan of The Citadel would make a tongue-in-cheek comment about Sparky losing to teams he shouldn't lose to is lost on you.

FCS Go!
September 23rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Reply to Mr. C (who prefers to reply via neg. rep points):

You would think that someone with his credentials would either use their expertise to contribute to the forum or have the professionalism and self-confidence to remain silent.

PaladinFan
September 23rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Chattanooga reminds me of many of the high school teams I used to play against years back. All the physical talent in the world, but punch them in the mouth one time and they pick up their toys and go home.

UTC needs a new mentality. They can play at this level, but they don't seem to have anyone on the staff that instills confidence. Great city, good fans, nice stadium, big name conference, what's not to like? Someone just needs to get in there and start pushing these guys. They can play, they just don't seem to know it.

appmaj
September 23rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
:D It's Tennessee.

I think there is room to grown for UTC. Great facility, great area, great conference, just need that leader to help them keep some recruits in TN.

longtimemocfan
September 24th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Chattanooga reminds me of many of the high school teams I used to play against years back. All the physical talent in the world, but punch them in the mouth one time and they pick up their toys and go home.

UTC needs a new mentality. They can play at this level, but they don't seem to have anyone on the staff that instills confidence. Great city, good fans, nice stadium, big name conference, what's not to like? Someone just needs to get in there and start pushing these guys. They can play, they just don't seem to know it.

This is very true. Good physical talent on a lot of Chattanooga teams of the past...Just need a coach that can put leadership and stability back into the program.

appfan2008
September 24th, 2008, 10:14 AM
thanks, but how do we fill it? HAHAHA

have asu come to town every december!

bb king
September 26th, 2008, 11:10 AM
A good name for the chattanoga job is Mike Dubose former head coach at Alabama now at Millsaps college. He is also a former chattanoga asst. coach. Has done great things with the Millsaps progam.