PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston State at Gardner-Webb Game Thread

TexasTerror
September 21st, 2008, 07:59 AM
Sam Houston State Bearkats @ Gardner-Webb Bulldogs
Saturday, September 27, 2008 · 5 p.m Central/6 p.m Eastern· Spangler Stadium (Boiling Springs, N.C)

Live Stats: http://www.gwusports.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml
Live Video: http://www.bigsouthsports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&&&&DB_OEM_ID=4800 (unconfirmed)
(Note: If the Big South streams the game, it could become available on GoBearkats.com through JumpTV partnership)

Audio:
GW: http://www.teamline.cc/sportpage?teamcode=1885&eventcode=20&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=10300&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=
SHSU: http://www.gobearkats.com or http://www.ksam1017.com

Releases
GW: Not available as of post time
SHSU: Not available as of post time

Team Web Site:
GW: http://www.gwusports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10300&KEY=&SPID=4160&SPSID=46168
SHSU: http://www.gobearkats.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&KEY=&SPID=11345&SPSID=92955

Team Fan Sites:
GW: No message board, just a blog... http://letsgobulldogs.com/blog/
SHSU: http://www.katfans.com/

Game Day Weather Information:
http://www.wunderground.com/sports/CFB/hometeam/Gardner-Webb:Runnin'_Bulldogs.html

blackfordpu
September 21st, 2008, 09:15 AM
Looking forward to seeing the Kats in competition against an FCS school. Hope for a good game and a Bearkat win! xnodx

TexasTerror
September 21st, 2008, 12:27 PM
SHSU By the Numbers

Team - National (Top 25)
Total Offense - 14th
Scoring Defense - 14th
Passing Offense - 15th
Turnover Margin - T-23rd

Team - Conference (Top 2)
Passing Offense - 1st
Scoring Defense - 1st
Turnover Margin - 1st
Tackles for Loss - 1st
Passing Efficiency - 2nd
Total Offense - 2nd
Scoring Offense - 2nd
Rushing Defense - 2nd

Individual - National (Top 25)
Sacks - Derrick Raymer - 7th
Total Offense - Rhett Bomar - 9th
Scoring - James Aston - 22nd

Individual - Conference (Top 2)
Total Offense - Rhett Bomar - 1st
Scoring - James Aston - 1st
Sacks - Derrick Raymer - 1st
Interceptions - Luke McCall - T-1st
Passing Efficiency - Rhett Bomar - 2nd
Rushing - James Aston - 2nd

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2008, 08:30 AM
SHSU release...

http://www.gobearkats.com/pdf7/142536.pdf?ATCLID=1588157&SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900

SHSU pre-game article...

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=1588157

TexasTerror
September 23rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
SLC Teleconference Recap (courtesy of KUCA)...

Whitten (Recap): We certainly had a tough test last week against Kansas. Our kids played hard and executed fairly well consideirng they had not played three weeks. Finished first quarter 0-0, very proud of our defense for making stops against one of best offenses. Our guys really battled, we learned a good bit about our football program. Turned it over three times and led to three touchdowns. Emphasized fact you can't do that. Gave up two big plays on defense, we worked hard to do that. We had three penalties in kicking game, kicking game needs to be corrected. Got some real direct stuff to get cleaned up and work hard to do that. It's sixth time we've played up and this was the best SHSU team has played in doing that, but we did play pretty well. Got G-W, a good football team, 2-1. I'd say they were very similar to an SLC opponent. A long trip. Do a good job with our travel and I think it will be a real good test to travel across the country, play a quality opponent and find out exactly where we are. This will get us ready to play in the SLC. Anxious to see how we do and it's an important game for us.

Whitten (Bomar): Though Rhett played well, made plays on his feet. Those three INTs, one slapped around in our hands. One of them was a bad decision and one of them Kansas had a safety and made a great play.

Whitten (Defense): Best we tackled, we worked hard with our tackling and we scrimmaged a bit more this fall. Thought we did a nice job. It's still a little early to tell, it's one of the best games our defense has played since I've been here.

Whitten (More on Defense); Best offense we played, that QB was really special. A few times, it seemed he scrambled for 5 min at time and made a good throw. Great wideouts. Gave up 500 yards of offense, don't think we conquered the world, but considering what we were up against, it was midway through 4th quarter, things were kind of tight both ways. Had a chance to make a score and get in there. We played Texas and it was midway through third quarter and we were down 50-3. The best our team has fared against playing up.

TexasTerror
September 24th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Wanted to confirm that the Big South will carry the game LIVE through their video service (link available in the initial post). I have not seen that SHSU is carrying the game. Perhaps the Big South does not 'share' with other schools, conferences.

Do not buy the Big South package yet if you are a Bearkat fan. The game could very well be on GoBearkats.com, if the Big South is willing to share.

Will post any update if I see the game listed on GoBearkats...

TexasTerror
September 24th, 2008, 01:05 PM
G-W game notes available...

http://www.gwusports.com/fls/10300/pdfs/2008FB-NOTES-4.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10300

Additionally, some good national radio coverage for this one...

FCS National Game Of The Week
Saturday's game against Sam Houston State is the Clear Channel Radio FCS National Game of the Week, which will provide Gardner-Webb with radio coverage across much of the eastern United States. The game will be broadcast on a samenight, tape-delay basis on WCKY 1530 AM in Cincinnati, Ohio, a 50,000-watt FM outlet that has a coverage area that stretches from Maine to Miami on the Eastern Seaboard – and as far west as Chicago, Ill., and New Orleans, La. The game will be called by Frank Santore, Jr., and Coach Dave Fagg. Santore is in his third season broadcasting the FCS Game of the Week.

TexasTerror
September 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Press Conference excerpts from G-W head coach...

On Sam Houston State
"They play in a tough league. They won their opener easily and had an unexpected open date due to Hurricane Ike. But they played Kansas, a nationally-ranked team last week and [Rhett Bomar] passed for over 300 yards. You'll be looking at a very experienced team, verygood. From watching film they're very well coached. Lots of seniors on the depth chart. It'sgoing to be a tremendous challenge."

On Oklahoma Transfer Rhett Bomar [SHSU quarterback]
"Bomar makes a very good team much, much better. There will be six pro scouts at the game. I'd like to say their here just to see our kids, but they're here to see Bomar. He throws it to the right places. When you're good enough to start as a sophomore at Oklahoma, one of the top three or four programs in the country, you can play. He takes them to another
level."

g-webb1994
September 24th, 2008, 09:37 PM
On the bright side, the weather is looking damned good for 6 pm Saturday night. How my boys contain the Bearkat offense scares me. Could be a scorefest, like a 38-31 type of game I believe. If it is that close, I'll be happy.

Hope the fine Bearkat folk that make the trip have a safe one.xthumbsupx

katstrapper
September 25th, 2008, 06:10 AM
On the bright side, the weather is looking damned good for 6 pm Saturday night. How my boys contain the Bearkat offense scares me. Could be a scorefest, like a 38-31 type of game I believe. If it is that close, I'll be happy.

Hope the fine Bearkat folk that make the trip have a safe one.xthumbsupx

You coach seems was really giving the respect in the teleconference yesterday. Me, I have a wait and see approach on this game. We played pretty damn good last weekend I think (even though the stats dont reflect that). I hope we dont have a let down. We have the firepower.xcoffeex

TexasTerror
September 26th, 2008, 07:45 AM
From the Shelby Star...

BOILING SPRINGS - In the time since Gardner-Webb University moved to NCAA Division I-AA in football, now called the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), Runnin' Bulldog fans have had to get used to playing non-conference opponents they've heard little about.

That's certainly the situation Saturday when GWU (2-1) plays host to Sam Houston State in a 6 p.m. contest Spangler Stadium's Norman Harris Field.

The visiting Bearkats (1-1) from the Southland Conference have had their 2008 schedule altered by the hurricanes that blew through Texas and are playing their first FCS opponent of the year. They hammered Division II East Central in their opener then fell to 19th ranked Kansas (38-14), which played in the Orange Bowl last season, last Saturday.

http://www.shelbystar.com/sports/gwu_33866___article.html/conference_sam.html

Thumper250
September 26th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Looks like the weather on Saturday will be wet. Steady drizzle in the area from today through Saturday night. Nice and cool though, in the 60s.

McNeese75
September 26th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Looks like the weather on Saturday will be wet. Steady drizzle in the area from today through Saturday night. Nice and cool though, in the 60s.

A wet football may help GW

patssle
September 26th, 2008, 12:29 PM
A wet football may help GW

Our running back is a beast. Our O-line has proved they are capable as well. I think we are capable of winning on a ground game as well. Plus our run defense has always been better than our pass.

McNeese75
September 26th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Our running back is a beast. Our O-line has proved they are capable as well. I think we are capable of winning on a ground game as well. Plus our run defense has always been better than our pass.

The running game was successful against East Central, but not so good against Kansas (although the passing game was fruitful). The Kats are in the same boat McNeese is in that until we get an fcs game or two under our belt who knows. You will find out this week while we have another week to wait. xrotatehx

TexasTerror
September 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
CSN's pick...

Three More Games I’m Watching
Sam Houston State at Gardner-Webb. Aside from the fact that this game would give the Runnin’ Bulldogs a legitimate case for eventual playoff inclusion, this trip by Bearkat quarterback Rhett Bomar to remote Boiling Springs, North Carolina features a matchup between not one, but two enigmatic teams. What it boils down to is: Can the Bulldog’s defense, led by Jeffrey Willams, hold the line against Bomar? With linebacker Mario Brown I might have given them a fighting chance: but I don’t’ see them pulling this one off.
Fictional Cats 30, Boiled Peanuts 17

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=the-csn-way-how-many-teams&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

patssle
September 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM
The running game was successful against East Central, but not so good against Kansas (although the passing game was fruitful). The Kats are in the same boat McNeese is in that until we get an fcs game or two under our belt who knows. You will find out this week while we have another week to wait. xrotatehx

James Aston averaged 4.7 on 7 carries with the longest being 11 yards, so no long runs to inflate it. I'd say thats pretty good against a top 20 ranked FBS program.

We barely ran it, but when we did we got results.

McNeese75
September 26th, 2008, 10:37 PM
James Aston averaged 4.7 on 7 carries with the longest being 11 yards, so no long runs to inflate it. I'd say thats pretty good against a top 20 ranked FBS program.

If that is the case then why didn't you run more? Another stellar coaching decision? (jk) xsmiley_wix

blackfordpu
September 26th, 2008, 10:39 PM
If that is the case then why didn't you run more? Another stellar coaching decision? (jk) xsmiley_wix

I wondered the same thing.

blackfordpu
September 26th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Wanted to confirm that the Big South will carry the game LIVE through their video service (link available in the initial post). I have not seen that SHSU is carrying the game. Perhaps the Big South does not 'share' with other schools, conferences.

Do not buy the Big South package yet if you are a Bearkat fan. The game could very well be on GoBearkats.com, if the Big South is willing to share.

Will post any update if I see the game listed on GoBearkats...

Can games be bought one at a time or do you have to buy the year subscription?

katstrapper
September 26th, 2008, 11:11 PM

We only had 16 rushing attempts in the Kansas game.

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:36 AM
GWU welcomes Sam Houston State (Shelby Star)
http://www.shelbystar.com/sports/gwu_33917___article.html/state_houston.html

One last opportunity for Kats (Huntsville Item)
http://www.itemonline.com/shsu/local_story_271015207.html

BEAR
September 27th, 2008, 08:16 AM
3 minutes into the first quarter and GW has scored on a long pass and returned a fumble for a TD! Go GW!

1:04 GW 74 Yard Pass to Lokey- TD GW 7- SHSU 0
2:42 SHSU fumble- GW Return to SHSU 0- GW 14-SHSU 0

I smell a........
xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 09:17 AM
3 minutes into the first quarter and GW has scored on a long pass and returned a fumble for a TD! Go GW!

1:04 GW 74 Yard Pass to Lokey- TD GW 7- SHSU 0
2:42 SHSU fumble- GW Return to SHSU 0- GW 14-SHSU 0

I smell a........
xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx xasswhipx

In favor of G-W or SHSU? xconfusedx

I do not think it will be a whoopin' either way. I just do not see SHSU running away with a game on the road and I do not see Gardner-Webb pushing the Kats around for 60 minutes..

BEAR
September 27th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Just messin' with ya TT... :D xlolx xlolx xlolx

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Pre-game show...

SHSU radio announcers are complimenting Gardner-Webb and talking about what they've seen in Boiling Springs. Apparently, been raining the last few days. Very wooded area, big pond north of the end zone (people feeding the ducks)...rain slacked off earlier today.

Coaches have assured broadcasters the field is in good shape, damp in some of the corners of the end zone, just a steady rain, nothing heavy during the day...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Kats lose coin toss, GW defers. SHSU gets ball.

GW kicks it out of bounds, SHSU ball at the SH40...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:03 PM
1-10 (SH40) Bomar 3 run
2-7 (SH43) Bomar complete to Clark to GW42...FIRST DOWN BEARKATS!

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:03 PM
1-10 (GW42) Bomar to Houston 9 yards
2-1 (GW33) Aston picks up 4 - FIRST DOWN BEARKATS!

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:05 PM
1-10 (GW29) Lucas quick screen gets to GW20
2-1 (GW20) Bomar passes complete to JASON MADKINS - TOUCHDOWN!

Sam Houston State Bearkats at Gardner-Webb Bulldogs
Unofficial Scoring Summary

First Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 20 yard pass to Jason Madkins (Taylor Wilkins kick), 12:22 - SHSU 7-0 G-W

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Bomar to Madkins TD

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Bomar to Madkins TD

Nice to see Bomar spreading the ball around -- Clark, Madkins, Lucas and Houston. That's what it's going to take!

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Short kickoff, Jackson gets to GW28...

1-10 (GW28) - Large gain for the Bulldogs on the ground - FIRST DOWN

1-10 (SH25) Nothing for Doolittle through air
2-10 (SH25) Montgomery no gain (offside, SHSU)
2-5 (SH25) Doolittle short pass, just short of first down
3-1 (SH21) Doolittle keeper - FIRST DOWN

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
1-10 (SH13) Handoff to Peoples...down to SH02 - FIRST DOWN

1-G (SH02) Jackson runs in - TOUCHDOWN

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:12 PM

First Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 20 yard pass to Jason Madkins (Taylor Wilkins kick), 12:22 - SHSU 7-0 G-W
G-W: Brandon Jackson 2 yard run (Ryan Gates kick), 9:57 - SHSU 7-7 G-W

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:15 PM
::work related stuff...a break in the action for me, will update on big plays and scores::

Personal Foul on G-W on the kickoff return after a huge return from Kats. SHSU takes over at G-W 30.

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Kats go for it on 4th-and-2 and score from nine yards out...

First Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 9 yard pass to James Aston (Taylor Wilkins kick), 7:36 - SHSU 14-7 G-W

BEAR
September 27th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Go SHSU! Rep the SLC! xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Kats finally get a defensive stop, a punt and there'll be a touchback for the Kats. SHSU will take over for 3rd offensive possession...

Bomar is 6/8 68 yards 2 TD right now

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Several passes including a nice long one to Wells to get the Kats away from the G-W end zone and then a few plays later, James Aston scores again!

First Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 9 yard pass to James Aston (Taylor Wilkins kick), 7:36 - SHSU 14-7 G-W
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 23 yard pass to James Aston (Taylor Wilkins kick), 3:14 - SHSU 21-7 G-W

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Brandon Jackson explodes on the kickoff and is in the end zone already...wow!

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM
SHSU puts on the clamps after the return. G-W gets a FG...

First Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 23 yard pass to James Aston (Taylor Wilkins kick), 3:14 - SHSU 21-7 G-W
G-W: Ryan Gates 42 yard kick, 1:23 - SHSU 21-10 G-W

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:43 PM
End of the first quarter...

One of the weird new clock rules brings to an end the opening 15 minutes...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:48 PM
4-7 from the GW35 and SHSU is going for it...well, changed their mind. Timeout.

Nope, going for it. Doesn't make sense not to...COMPLETE, FIRST DOWN! LUCAS down to the GW07!

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: James Aston 2 yard run (Taylor Wilkins kick), Clock Malfunctioning & Unavailable- SHSU 28-10 G-W

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Bomar to Wells - TOUCHDOWN! Bomar down, but okay...Kats up 35-10 over G-W!

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: James Aston 2 yard run (Taylor Wilkins kick), Clock Malfunctioning & Unavailable- SHSU 28-10 G-W
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 40 yard pass to Justin Wells (Taylor Wilkins kick), 6:56 - SHSU 35-10 G-W

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Kats are punting for the first time this game...

G-W is going to see what they can do with a long field. Outside of the long kickoff and the one long run, they haven't done much...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Kats force the Bulldogs to punt and they rough the punter -- G-W will take advantage and keep things going with an auto first down...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Bearkats get the ball on downs at the GW39...a sack on fourth down.

This is a short field for the Kats with just over a minute left...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:16 PM
1-10 (GW39) Bomar pass complete to Payne to GW18 - FIRST DOWN

1-10 (GW18) Screen to Aston incomplete
2-10 (GW18) Bomar complete to GW12, Houston
3-4 (GW12) Bomar complete to GW6, Wells - FIRST DOWN

1-G (GW6) Bomar to Madkins - TOUCHDOWN!

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:17 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 40 yard pass to Justin Wells (Taylor Wilkins kick), 6:56 - SHSU 35-10 G-W
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 6 yard pass to Jason Madkins (Taylor Wilkins kick), 00:17 - SHSU 42-10 G-W

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
5, Chris Chaloupka, A&M-Kingsville, 1999
5, Chris Chaloupka, Jacksonville St., 1999
5, Chris Chaloupka, Nicholls St., 1999
5, Josh McCown, Western Illinois, 2001
5, Dustin Long, Southeastern LA, 2004
5, Dustin Long, Tarleton St., 2004
5, Dustin Long, McNeese St., 2004
5, Dustin Long, Western Kentucky, 2004
5, Rhett Bomar, Gardner-Webb, 2008 ** IN PROGRESS **

That's single game TD passes...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Interview with SHSU AD (paraphrased)

(G-W/SHSU game) It's nice to travel east, get out the way the game has turned out and relax a little bit. Hopefully the second half will be more of the same.

(Trip) It's been a challenge, our student athletes do a very good with travel. They make the adjustments, go about their business and do very well. Credit to our student-athletes and coaching staff. We've been able to eat on time.

(Replacement game) Seven teams that needed extra game or were missing a game. We got 4 no answers. Three interested and told us no different times. UNH, Wofford and as late as yesterday, Alabama State. We thought we may be able to get them and we were willing to go, but of course, wanted a home game. We were out there and pay double as far as game guarantee. Thought we needed to travel. Got a call from Cal Poly and didn't have the date. Sometimes when you get in situation, it was difficult with two weeks.

(Cal Poly/Replacement game continued) Our coaches cringed at that, but you want to play and we'd be willing to do that and have them come to our place. We tried, appreciate JBarfield, GHinze and talked to President and he was supportive of making it happen. Unfortunately, it didn't.

(UCA) Big game for us, tonight is a big game. Playing Big South Conference who is getting better, has a few good wins, it gets the commitee's attention when you are talking playoffs. We get a chance to rest after traveling and hopefully go up there and get after Central Arkansas.

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Fumble recovered by SHSU to start second half as G-W had third down...Kats now at GW 31

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:44 PM
1-10 GW31 Bomar pass complete to GW14, Clark - FIRST DOWN BEARKATS

1-10 GW14 Incomplete
2-10 GW14 Bomar runs 14 yards - TOUCHDOWN!

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:45 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: James Aston 2 yard run (Taylor Wilkins kick), 12:00 - SHSU 28-10 G-W
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 6 yard pass to Jason Madkins (Taylor Wilkins kick), 00:17 - SHSU 42-10 G-W

Third Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 14 yard run (Taylor Wilkins kick), 13:28 - SHSU 49-10 G-W

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:52 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter
G-W: Ryan Gates 47 yard kick, 9:09 - SHSU 49-13 G-W

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Rhett Bomar goes out as co-school record holder with 5 TDs in single game...

Brian Randolph is in the game...first appearance since ECU.

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Randolph does nothing for Kats, 3rd-and-22nd and nothing going there...

G-W takes over with shorter field than they've had in long time and works inside the goal area, but Kats stop'em...

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter
G-W: Ryan Gates 22 yard kick, 5:35 - SHSU 49-16 G-W

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Randolph fumbles. Recovered by SHSU, but not without personal foul. Raymer has got to punt...

G-W takes it at their own 46...

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Randolph fumbles. Recovered by SHSU, but not without personal foul. Raymer has got to punt...

G-W takes it at their own 46...

Bomar might be coming back in huh?

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:10 PM
FYI -- Rhett Bomar 22/29 340 yards passing 5 td, 0 int; 4 carries 20 yards 1 rushing td

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:12 PM
End of 3rd...

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:15 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
G-W: Ryan Gates 26 yard kick, 14:11 - SHSU 49-19 G-W

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Kats offense is non-existent without Rhett Bomar...

Just pretty miserable for the Kats offense when he's not out there. We got a major QB issue to address in the offseason...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:27 PM
This one is closer than it looks...Kats need to put in first stringers to put some more life in the score...

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
G-W: Stan Doolittle 12 yard pass to Dobson Collins (Ryan Gates kick), 7:38- SHSU 49-26 G-W

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:31 PM
G-W onside kick. Recovered by true freshman...

Randolph still in...and he goes 3 and out with the #1 team. Kats go for it because they are at the G-W 37...

Randolph throws and incomplete.

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Some changes for the Kats...

Jeff Welch is in at QB. Chris Hardy in at RB.

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Kats fumble on Welch's second play and it eventually gets recovered by SHSU's Saunders...

Not much doing with these guys, bad snap and the punter Raymer passes the ball incomplete...

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Campbell in at QB for G-W and he was sacked upon entry...

Campbell throws a pass to Sanders, into red zone...

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
G-W: Stan Doolittle 12 yard pass to Dobson Collins (Ryan Gates kick), 7:38- SHSU 49-26 G-W
G-W: Devin Campbell 10 yard pass to Jamal Patmon (Ryan Gates kick), 1:21 - SHSU 49-33 G-W

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I'm with you, we need to put Bomar back in.

This game was well in hand until we put our backups in.

Hope the pollsters see this too.

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 07:46 PM
FINAL -- SHSU 49-33 G-W

This game was a blowout until we let our backup QBs into the game and went three and out practically each time (it seemed and may have been). Score does not truly dictate how much SHSU beat up on G-W.

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Lucas Ortiz is listed as the punter...

http://www.gobearkats.com/downloads1/46263.HTM?ATCLID=1591584&SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900

I swear Kooter and Leroy kept saying Raymer...is this was Ortiz, this was his debut at punter...anyone got a clue?

McNeese75
September 27th, 2008, 10:52 PM

24 rushes against GW tonight averaging 1 yd per carry xconfusedx Obviously the passing game was clicking but you are going to need a running game to go the distance.

Good win tonight!!

patssle
September 27th, 2008, 11:16 PM
24 rushes against GW tonight averaging 1 yd per carry xconfusedx Obviously the passing game was clicking but you are going to need a running game to go the distance.

Good win tonight!!

Number is not accurate. We lost 30 yards on two "rushes" by 2nd/3rd string QBs.

Aston did fine in the 1st half before being used as a clock ticker in the 2nd half. Still not worried about our rushing game.

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Sam Houston State passing attack mows down GWU (Shelby Star)
http://www.shelbystar.com/sports/game_33924___article.html/gwu_houston.html

Making it look easy (Huntsville Item)
http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_272001846.html

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Not sure if you guys saw this in the Item recap...

Reserve running back Tymagic Robinson did not play in Saturday night’s game. He was suspended for a violation of the athletic department’s discipline policy.

katstrapper
September 28th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Aston has become the go to back and Robinson isnt liking it. Dont need that kind of attitude on this team.

patssle
September 28th, 2008, 09:52 AM
TY Magic has been treated like a 3rd/4th running back these past 2 seasons. Somethings going on behind the scenes...

katstrapper
September 28th, 2008, 08:00 PM
TY Magic has been treated like a 3rd/4th running back these past 2 seasons. Somethings going on behind the scenes...

Because he has been hurt every year since he arrived and sounds like he needs some cheese with his whine too.

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Our radio guy said last night that we are playing host to G-W next year. Any Runnin' Bulldogs fan able to confirm that? If that was the case, we'd have our OOC schedule set for next year and it'd be a solid one as far as I was concerned...

blackfordpu
September 28th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Our radio guy said last night that we are playing host to G-W next year. Any Runnin' Bulldogs fan able to confirm that? If that was the case, we'd have our OOC schedule set for next year and it'd be a solid one as far as I was concerned...

What is the OOC next year?

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2008, 10:01 PM
What is the OOC next year?

Home: WIU, NDSU, Gardner-Webb
Road: PV (originally supposed to host in Huntsville, but BW wants to flip it)

Home: PV, TBA
Road: WIU, Baylor

blackfordpu
September 28th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Home: WIU, NDSU, Gardner-Webb
Road: PV (originally supposed to host in Huntsville, but BW wants to flip it)

Home: PV, TBA
Road: WIU, Baylor

Nice, hopefully no room for a D-II game next season.

TexasTerror
September 29th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Nice, hopefully no room for a D-II game next season.

KatMaster thinks GW is in 2010. Figure that means we'll get an FBS game in 2009 and no Div II team.

Economics of the game and the end of the SWAC mandate should give us one SWAC foe for years to come. Seems BW likes working with the current PV admin -- though they are interim.