PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota/SE Louisiana footage...

Lionsrking
September 19th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Here are some South Dakota highlights from our weekly sports show (The Big Game) on the Southeastern Channel...shows some tailgating, game highlights and a nice feature with Coach Lucas being mic'ed up for the game... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsERHmPD4rE (tailgating/game highlights) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEKLv1hkL84 (Coach Lucas miked up)

jmc_jackrabbit
September 19th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Great footage, thanks. Looks to me like USD needs to work on tackling. Shepard is a stud, but their defense looks a little suspect.

Lionsrking
September 19th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Great footage, thanks. Looks to me like USD needs to work on tackling. Shepard is a stud, but their defense looks a little suspect.

The USD front three was pretty good, especially the nose tackle who could play for some BCS/FBS schools...not much speed at LB or on the back end...we had two TDs called back and wound up not scoring either time...could have had 45 points or more...but that's football.

Shephard is the REAL DEAL...their O-line was good...had one good receiver...not sure what their depth status is over an 11-game schedule but their frontline guys can hang with a lot of people.

Lionsrking
September 20th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Here's the beginning part of the show with standard highlights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QaOUoVLfiE

Jacks02
September 20th, 2008, 07:58 AM
The USD front three was pretty good, especially the nose tackle who could play for some BCS/FBS schools...not much speed at LB or on the back end...we had two TDs called back and wound up not scoring either time...could have had 45 points or more...but that's football.

Shephard is the REAL DEAL...their O-line was good...had one good receiver...not sure what their depth status is over an 11-game schedule but their frontline guys can hang with a lot of people.

I've heard alot of a great comments regarding Shepard but looking at his end of game line 16-31 for 2 TD's isn't terribly impressive. I haven't seen him in person, just wondering what part of his game impresses people.

Moxie? Mobility? Arm Strength?

Lionsrking
September 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I've heard alot of a great comments regarding Shepard but looking at his end of game line 16-31 for 2 TD's isn't terribly impressive. I haven't seen him in person, just wondering what part of his game impresses people.

Moxie? Mobility? Arm Strength?

All three areas...has NFL physical ability and a great presence about him...IMO, he's right up there with UCA's Nathan Brown though maybe not as polished a pure passer at this point in his career...as for stats, they're deceiving...the game was played in a steady 20-30 mph south wind, plus we got after him all night...we officially sacked him once, but had him dead to rights about eight other times but he got away...every bit as good as we heard he was.

Jacks02
September 20th, 2008, 11:51 AM
All three areas...has NFL physical ability and a great presence about him...IMO, he's right up there with UCA's Nathan Brown though maybe not as polished a pure passer at this point in his career...as for stats, they're deceiving...the game was played in a steady 20-30 mph south wind, plus we got after him all night...we officially sacked him once, but had him dead to rights about eight other times but he got away...every bit as good as we heard he was.

Yeah stats can be deceiving at times, thanks.

Chi Panther
September 20th, 2008, 01:44 PM
xnodx Shepared and Skelly are very good players for any team or conf.xnodx