PDA

View Full Version : Ivy Showdown Week

Ivytalk
October 31st, 2005, 10:03 AM
We have a four-way tie atop the League this week, but it will soon be reduced to two, because all four co-leaders play each other on Saturday. Brown visits Yale and Princeton "crosses the river" to play Penn. My personal picks are Yale (in a mild upset) and Penn.

There is a possibility that the Ivies could end in a four-way tie. If Yale beats Brown this week and Harvard runs the table (including wins over Penn at home and Yale on the road), Harvard, Brown, Penn and Yale could all finish with 5-2 league marks.

bulldog10jw
October 31st, 2005, 12:28 PM
We have a four-way tie atop the League this week, but it will soon be reduced to two, because all four co-leaders play each other on Saturday. Brown visits Yale and Princeton "crosses the river" to play Penn. My personal picks are Yale (in a mild upset) and Penn.

There is a possibility that the Ivies could end in a four-way tie. If Yale beats Brown this week and Harvard runs the table (including wins over Penn at home and Yale on the road), Harvard, Brown, Penn and Yale could all finish with 5-2 league marks.

Hope you are right except for (obviously) Harvard running the table. I'm not confident about Yale because I can see Brown wearing down the Yale defense and running the ball down their throat in the 2nd half. I think Yale's offense must control the ball better than they have so far this year and I'm not sure they have the running attack to do it. If Mroz has a big game, maybe they can do it w/o running the ball effectively, but I doubt it.

I give Princeton little chance. I can't see Penn being outplayed two weeks in a row.

Harvard Worship
November 1st, 2005, 06:06 PM
Princeton is gonna get crushed. They barely beat us (for the first time in a decade) on a fluke play and a called-back TD and with all the mounting injuries we're a mere shadow of the team that beat Brown. Penn is gonna dance all over Princeton's corpse.

As for Yale-Brown, I really hope Yale pulls this one through. I think Yale can do it if they try... the Elis are just so exasperatingly inconsistent this year (it must be torture to be a Yale fan). One week they barely show up, the next they throttle somebody or hang tight with a good team. Go figure. I just hope that if they're gonna continue the inconsistency that they make this week a good one and save the mistakes for THE GAME. = )

As for Harvard winning out... Well Clifton Dawson's healthy again, so hey, anything could happen. Go Crimson!

Marcus Garvey
November 1st, 2005, 06:41 PM
Princeton is gonna get crushed. They barely beat us (for the first time in a decade) on a fluke play and a called-back TD and with all the mounting injuries we're a mere shadow of the team that beat Brown. Penn is gonna dance all over Princeton's corpse.
:D
Sorry, but that comment of yours reminds me of a Simpsons quote after Mr. Burns and Mr. Smithers watched Yale lose to Harvard:

Burns: Honestly, Smithers, I don't know why Harvard even bothers to
show up. They barely even won.
Smithers: Their cheating was even more rampant than last year, sir.

YaleFootballFan
November 1st, 2005, 08:59 PM
I'd give Princeton a chance only if Penn had beaten Brown last weekend. The Quakers are going to come out fired up after last week's defeat in Providence. I almost feel sorry for the Tigers.....almost. :rolleyes:

As for the other game, Yale is Brown's last big obstacle this season. After Saturday, the Bears close out the '05 campaign against Ivy cupcakes Dartmouth and Columbia. So if Brown is able to win at Yale on Saturday, it will likely mean at least a part of the Ivy title will reside in Providence for only the third time ever.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2005, 12:14 PM
Brown's ground attack should keep the dangerous Yale offense on the sideline a good amount of time. Yale's QB has a strong arm, and if "on" can cause any team trouble.
I would be surprised if Princeton beat Penn. I agree that the Quackers will be riled up over last weeks loss and realize they can't lose again.