PDA

View Full Version : Chuck South loses All Big South player for the season

CSUBUCDAD
September 18th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Sad news for Buc fans. Coach Mills announced on his weekly radio show that All Big South TE converted to DE Ryan Ard has been lost for the season. He did not specify what the injury was but Ryan did have surgery Monday and will be eligible for a medical red shirt so we will have him back next year. Tough going though as he was really making an impact on that side of the ball so far.

bodoyle
September 18th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I thought he was already out, or that he switched sides of the ball, or was that another player?

Libertine
September 18th, 2008, 09:23 AM
He was All-Big South at TE last year and switched to DE this year. Through three games this season, he had 11 tackles and a forced fumble.

BJuice
September 18th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Tough news to hear for our team and for a quality student-athlete. This guy is a true leader and the type of quality individual every athletic program hopes to have on their team. He sacrificed his position as an All-Conference tight end to switch to the opposite side of the ball and was making a significant impact. That is the ultimate example of putting the team above yourself.

I wish him a quick and strong recovery. I am happy he is eligible for a red shirt. I hope he takes it and comes back next year to help lead the Buccaneers as we continue the building process of building a successful football program..

Seawolf97
September 18th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I know what you are going through. We have at least one starter out for the season and a 2nd on crutches for 3-6 weeks. Its tough on the players since they are both seniors and of course the fans.xsmhx

csubuccaneers
September 18th, 2008, 10:17 PM
We will stick kick some buttsxazzx xasswhipx

MarkCCU
September 19th, 2008, 07:52 AM
So what you're telling me is that, CSU will continue to suck?

Just messin'. :)

hoseman
September 19th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Sad to hear of Ard getting hurt.

Curious, was Ard as a TE, NFL material?

CSUBUCDAD
September 19th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Sad to hear of Ard getting hurt.

Curious, was Ard as a TE, NFL material?

His size would most likely have precluded being a TE in the NFL. At 6' 235 he is about 4 or 5 inches too short as current NFL TE's go. Great athlete though.

CSUBUCDAD
September 19th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Just messin'. :)

Well go clean yourself up then dude:D

citdog
September 19th, 2008, 09:32 AM
"BAD NEWS FOR CSU FANS"? WOW....3 PEOPLE WILL BE HERATBROKEN!