PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern videos for 2008 season

introvertedGSUfan
September 17th, 2008, 06:41 PM
A former student at GSU does a great job editing the wins of our season into a music video format. Keep in mind that these are highlights of the GSU football team and will therefore make us look extremely talented and the other teams like they plan in a Pop Warner league (however, of course, this has certainly not been the case our first two games).

Austin Peay @ GSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riRIWdTSfWg

Northeastern @ GSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1nVBtSMbIs

introvertedGSUfan
October 11th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Georgia Southern @ UTC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDEkPGW-cTs

appstate38
October 11th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I don't care what you say.... The coolest part of the video is when the eagle comes flying into the stadium.

blueballs
October 11th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I don't care what you say.... The coolest part of the video is when the eagle comes flying into the stadium.

Sure is... in fact, when you combine that with the video that shows highlights for the 6 NC's and Coach Russell right before the games you don't have a pulse if that doesn't excite you, regardless of who you root for, because that is the essence of college football.

Somebody else can elaborate on this but it seems like I heard it took them a few years to train the eagle and get him used to the crowd and atmosphere. It is a great scene.

elon77
October 11th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Where' the one of the Wofford and Elon games?xconfusedx

Erks Eagles
October 11th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Those games have been "controll, alt, deleted" from our memory.:)

introvertedGSUfan
October 11th, 2008, 11:40 AM

The man who does this, Steve Hein, is head of the Wildlife Center that helps rehabilitate and care for Raptors (birds of prey). I volunteered about a 100 hours my second semester in my freshman year and eventually worked there the last couple of weeks. I eventually was trained to handle some of the birds they have on display in this really amazing facility (a little wooden walk through with birds on mews in a very wildlife type setting) like the Barn Owls etc.

Steve himself owns 'Freedom' the eagle that he flies during our home games. In order to own an Eagle, you have to become a licensed falconer for something like 15 years.

Somebody else can elaborate on this but it seems like I heard it took them a few years to train the eagle and get him used to the crowd and atmosphere. It is a great scene.
Yeah, you usually wait a couple of years before you fly such an eagle in a large crowd-type setting. The Wildlife Center has Flight Shows on Saturdays where they do the same type of thing in front of 50 or so people.

introvertedGSUfan
October 11th, 2008, 11:40 AM

These are fan videos of GSU, hence there are no videos for our losses. :D

phoenixphanatic21
October 11th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Boo. That's a shame. Someone should make a video of those games. Or at least the Elon game.

elon77
October 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM
These are fan videos of GSU, hence there are no videos for our losses. :D

I respect your answer. I understand totally.xthumbsupx

eaglewraith
October 11th, 2008, 01:28 PM

My friend Klak is the one that makes the videos. I give him a hand with ideas and stuff sometimes. However, when he first started doing this in 06 he decided to only do it after wins. He does keep the highlights (our good highlights ;) ) to use in other videos like anything he does in the offseason.

introvertedGSUfan
October 11th, 2008, 01:35 PM
My friend Klak is the one that makes the videos. I give him a hand with ideas and stuff sometimes. However, when he first started doing this in 06 he decided to only do it after wins. He does keep the highlights (our good highlights ;) ) to use in other videos like anything he does in the offseason.

How come he'll add great reactions on the GSU radio coverage of the game for some videos and others he won't? You should tell him that he should do it for every video he makes because it makes it that much better.xnodx

eaglewraith
October 11th, 2008, 01:40 PM
How come he'll add great reactions on the GSU radio coverage of the game for some videos and others he won't? You should tell him that he should do it for every video he makes because it makes it that much better.xnodx

He's being lazy. When he does that he has to record the radio audio and go through and find the call. He's useless sometimes. ;)

introvertedGSUfan
November 1st, 2008, 10:36 AM
Georgia Southern vs. Western Carolina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqGpzg8Cdg