PDA

View Full Version : Portland State's playoff chances

JALMOND
October 31st, 2005, 01:07 AM
Simple---

Portland State wins out against Idaho State and Weber.
Montana State loses to Sac State and beats E Washington and Montana
Montana, in addition to losing against MSU, has to lose to either N Arizona or Sac St

Portland State and Montana State finish tied at the top of the Big Sky and PSU owns the tiebreaker over MSU.

Looks like Sac St is our team the rest of the year. We're alive as long as they win. Go Hornets!!!

Really, I don't see any other way for us to make it. This is about our best chance. I think MSU would win the conference and UM would go if it is a three way tie between the Cats, Griz and us. If EWU beats the Cats, we would have lost to both the Griz and Eagles once again putting us on the outside of a three way between EWU, UM and us. No, best bet is to tie the Cats only and win the conference.

GrizSweeper
November 1st, 2005, 07:59 PM
Your chances aren't looking too great

DaGriz
November 1st, 2005, 08:04 PM
Tough scenario, not to mention ISU and Weber are no push overs this year. You have your hands full there. PSU is going to be a tough team to beat the next few years.

DaGriz
November 1st, 2005, 08:04 PM
Simple---

I didn't see that part originally, that's funny.

FlyBoy8
November 1st, 2005, 09:08 PM
PSU might get in with four losses as an at-large team depending on what happens. They would fit the "new" guidelines - seven D-I wins - and considering they have two I-A losses...

If the chips fall right, PSU could get in even if they don't win the conference.

Aggie71
November 1st, 2005, 10:32 PM
I'm sorry, my fingers are having a difficult time on the keyboard while I'm convulsing with laughter.

Who looses to Sac State?

hahahahahahahahaha