PDA

View Full Version : Jackson State loses star recruit

SwacFans
September 17th, 2008, 11:09 AM
http://www.swacfans.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=520

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/southern/28443494.html

JACKSON, Miss. — Jackson State football coach Rick Comegy says freshman quarterback Domonick Britt, the star of the 2008 recruiting class, has left the team.

Britt became the center of a secondary NCAA violation in late August. Coaches allowed him to participate in training camp longer than the 14-day window allowed for recruits that haven’t been cleared academically.

jstate83
September 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Dudes been home sick since he got here.
He went home for the 4th of July and we really didn't think he was comming back then.
He came back, said he was ready to roll, and then started getting homesick again.

Guess some kid's are not ready to leave home after highschool no matter how big they are physically.
Best thing for him would be to enroll at a school close to home.xsmhx

that way he can see mommy anytime he want's.xnodx

Marcel Frost is about to be kicked off the team.
I'd be surprised if he lasted the week out unless he get his head right quick.
He ain't done shat since he been here and started acting like a 2 year old this year.
What is it with these Ohio Kids. xlolx

Franks Tanks
September 17th, 2008, 11:32 AM
He went home for the 4th of July and we really didn't think he was comming back then.
He came back, said he was ready to roll, and then started getting homesick again.

Guess some kid's are not ready to leave home after highschool no matter how big they are physically.

Frost is about to be kicked off the team.
He ain't done shat since he been here and started acting like a 2 year old this year.

Thats a shame--quite a coup recruiting wise just goes to waste

813Jag
September 17th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Marcel Frost is about to be kicked off the team.
I'd be surprised if he lasted the week out unless he get his head right quick.
Did he expect to start right away? Kids think that and play the homesick card when they don't get their way.

jstate83
September 17th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Did he expect to start right away? Kids think that and play the homesick card when they don't get their way.

Honestly.
We think that is the problem.
Comegy never intended for him to play this year with a senior QB and Jr. Transfer QB on the roster.

Dude would have had 3 years to start if he lived up to expectations but that's the way thing's are today.

813Jag
September 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Honestly.
We think that is the problem.
Comegy never intended for him to play this year with a senior QB and Jr. Transfer QB on the roster.

Dude would have had 3 years to start if he lived up to expectations but that's the way thing's are today.
You gotta be careful with some of these kids, Southern recruited a QB from Cleveland (who was supposed to commit to Purdue), dude was all over his myspace about how he would start (in front of Lee no less), turned out he didn't have grades from the jump. Kind of glad he didn't come to BR and pull some foolishness.

Sonic98
September 18th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Some folk are just weak and full of it

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 18th, 2008, 04:12 PM
You gotta be careful with some of these kids, Southern recruited a QB from Cleveland (who was supposed to commit to Purdue), dude was all over his myspace about how he would start (in front of Lee no less), turned out he didn't have grades from the jump. Kind of glad he didn't come to BR and pull some foolishness.
Not SUre but I think the kid is in school, atleat thats what I was told.

catbob
September 18th, 2008, 05:25 PM
We just had a highly touted QB from CA quit the team just before the season started. Felt he wasn't getting any reps in practice, was told he would have a chance to start this year. Said he turned down bigger schools to come play right away here, and he didn't get that chance...

blah blah :P

Wolfman
September 18th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I maintain that most of these so-called 3-star QBs who sign with an FCS team because they think they can start right away will flame-out. They all think that everyone else on their team is a lessor athlete, and that they should just be handed the starting job as a true frosh just because some IA schools wanted them.

When they arrive for camp, they quickly find out that the level of competition is much higher than they thought, and nobody really cares that they were rated 3-stars by some recruiting service. So, they get discouraged and leave.

I would much rather my coach recruit a 2-star kid, who is willing to pay his dues, learn the system, and mature mentally and physically. These wonder boys rarely work out.

Sonic98
September 18th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I maintain that most of these so-called 3-star QBs who sign with an FCS team because they think they can start right away will flame-out. They all think that everyone else on their team is a lessor athlete, and that they should just be handed the starting job as a true frosh just because some IA schools wanted them.

When they arrive for camp, they quickly find out that the level of competition is much higher than they thought, and nobody really cares that they were rated 3-stars by some recruiting service. So, they get discouraged and leave.

Well then they get exactly what they deserve. If they were not spoiled athletes they'd adjust to not starting just like if they expected to start at an FBS and didn't get to.

blackcaesar3k5
September 19th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Britt is more likely going to transfer to YSU or another school in ohio...