PDA

View Full Version : How good is it be in GRIZNATION?

mtgrizfan4life
September 16th, 2008, 08:53 PM
This is a recent post from EGRIZ of 1st time GRIZ game experience. I cannot wait to hear of APPAHOLICS GRIZ experience. I hope you too have a great and safe time. This is exactly why I love GRIZNATION and am so proud of it.

I grew up south of Lethbridge about 25 miles north of the border, and became a Griz fan at a very early age due to the coverage we received from Great Falls television stations. I now live in Lethbridge, and this past weekend myself and three buddies who are all avid college footbal fans took the trip to Missoula to catch the Griz game. It was so nice to come down to a sports mad town whose fans genuinely care about athletics as opposed to Lethbridge.(Yes, we have major junior hockey which is great, but our college athletics is rather undesireable, and fan iterest is waning to say the least). Cudos to every fan at the game on saturday, you provided four Canadians with an atmosphere that we had to drive five hours to see. We thank you for that. I have been to CFL games in Calgary and Edmonton where the stadiums are larger, but let me say this, the 25,000 at Washington-Grizzly creates an atmosphere that far surpasses those seen at a CFL stadium that holds 35,000-50,000. I apologize for the length of the post, but this experience far exceeded my expectations, and now we want to make it a yearly trip.....If we can get tickets! Wow I've never seen such demand, I found some on Stubhub and bought them rght away. The the City of Missoula, and the Griz fans, thank you again, we will be back as soon as we can.

mtgrizfan4life
September 16th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I wish I could edit the title, it should have read "how good is it to be in GRIZNATION?" I cannot type sometimes.

RazorEdge19
September 16th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I may not be a member of Griz Nation, but I am definitely a supporter of theirs. Hopefully, Wofford will get another chance to face the Griz, preferably down here in South Carolina, because I am definitely a fan of their fan base and the quality of their people and would love to see another contest between the two schools.

ERASU2113
September 16th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I'm already planning to make a trip out to Missoula sometime, after I graduate.

When other Big Sky members came to Boone: NAU, EWU, Montana St., they were always asked to compare ASU and Montana.

Hearing their opinions - made me really want to see a game in Wa/Griz

Grizalltheway
September 16th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I may not be a member of Griz Nation, but I am definitely a supporter of theirs. Hopefully, Wofford will get another chance to face the Griz, preferably down here in South Carolina, because I am definitely a fan of their fan base and the quality of their people and would love to see another contest between the two schools.

Deal, but only if you PROMISE not to win this time. xsmiley_wix xbawlingx

RazorEdge19
September 16th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Deal, but only if you PROMISE not to win this time. xsmiley_wix xbawlingx

No promises...but I promise you that Wofford's fan base will treat you just the same way you treated us. Just think: playoff football, cold drinks, and no snow...doesn't get much better then that.

mlbowl
September 16th, 2008, 10:16 PM

That would be awesome...I live in Florida...I would find a way to make it to that gamexnodx

GreatAppSt
September 16th, 2008, 10:21 PM
This is a recent post from EGRIZ of 1st time GRIZ game experience. I cannot wait to hear of APPAHOLICS GRIZ experience. I hope you too have a great and safe time. This is exactly why I love GRIZNATION and am so proud of it.

I grew up south of Lethbridge about 25 miles north of the border, and became a Griz fan at a very early age due to the coverage we received from Great Falls television stations. I now live in Lethbridge, and this past weekend myself and three buddies who are all avid college footbal fans took the trip to Missoula to catch the Griz game. It was so nice to come down to a sports mad town whose fans genuinely care about athletics as opposed to Lethbridge.(Yes, we have major junior hockey which is great, but our college athletics is rather undesireable, and fan iterest is waning to say the least). Cudos to every fan at the game on saturday, you provided four Canadians with an atmosphere that we had to drive five hours to see. We thank you for that. I have been to CFL games in Calgary and Edmonton where the stadiums are larger, but let me say this, the 25,000 at Washington-Grizzly creates an atmosphere that far surpasses those seen at a CFL stadium that holds 35,000-50,000. I apologize for the length of the post, but this experience far exceeded my expectations, and now we want to make it a yearly trip.....If we can get tickets! Wow I've never seen such demand, I found some on Stubhub and bought them rght away. The the City of Missoula, and the Griz fans, thank you again, we will be back as soon as we can.

Can you post a picture of the stadium?xwhistlex

RazorEdge19
September 16th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Can you post a picture of the stadium?xwhistlex

Make fun of Wa-Griz if you want, but I've been to the Rock and I've been to Wa-Griz. The Rock doesn't hold a candle to that place. In scope or noise.

Now, I'll be at the new Rock this year, so we'll see how much has improved since 2006. As for Wa-Griz...maybe I'll be fortunate enough to fly out there sometime next season to see the new expansion.

Grizzaholic
September 16th, 2008, 10:31 PM
No promises...but I promise you that Wofford's fan base will treat you just the same way you treated us. Just think: playoff football, cold drinks, and no snow...doesn't get much better then that.

Time to get your head examined.

RazorEdge19
September 16th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Time to get your head examined.

Well, we can have snow too, if you want. Wouldn't want you to think you are at a disadvantage. ;)

Grizzaholic
September 16th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Well, we can have snow too, if you want. Wouldn't want you to think you are at a disadvantage. ;)

That is better. Speaking of snow, anybody got a hotline up to the Mother Nature lady to see if she can conjure up some for Saturday?

Grizalltheway
September 16th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Make fun of Wa-Griz if you want, but I've been to the Rock and I've been to Wa-Griz. The Rock doesn't hold a candle to that place. In scope or noise.

Now, I'll be at the new Rock this year, so we'll see how much has improved since 2006. As for Wa-Griz...maybe I'll be fortunate enough to fly out there sometime next season to see the new expansion.

Were you at the game last year? I'm a native Montanan and I froze my freaking ballz off. Can't imagine how it must have been for a Southerner. xeekx

Grizzaholic
September 16th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Were you at the game last year? I'm a native Montanan and I froze my freaking ballz off. Can't imagine how it must have been for a Southerner. xeekx

How did you freeze your ballz off? Just wondering. Even my wife was toasty warm and took off her jacket mid way through the second quarter only to put it back on after we left to walk back to our car.

GreatAppSt
September 16th, 2008, 11:35 PM

Who's making fun of W.Griz?xconfusedx xrolleyesx Did I make a comparison?xrolleyesx

BTW I've been to W.Griz as well.xsmiley_wix

ERASU2113
September 17th, 2008, 12:01 AM

Honestly, KBS was loud last year. Actually has been loud the past couple of years - steady growth. Did you come 2006? If that was your last visit - you're in for a treat xnodx xnodx xnodx

Besides a night game at KBS is so much different. But being on Halloween and ESPN2? Boone will be rocking.

But yeah, this year is SOOOO much different that the past. Granted it was the first game against JU....but it's much louder. Probably still not that close to Wa/Griz where they're on top of the players and all. But it's very differnt.

Grizalltheway
September 17th, 2008, 01:35 AM
How did you freeze your ballz off? Just wondering. Even my wife was toasty warm and took off her jacket mid way through the second quarter only to put it back on after we left to walk back to our car.

Probably had to do with the fact that I was woefully under dressed and was standing in the shade in the south end zone. Now that I think about it, it was actually my toes that got frozen, not my balls. :D

McNeese75
September 17th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Now that I think about it, it was actually my toes that got frozen, not my balls. :D

xrolleyesx Ummmm seems like a reasonable mixup to me xlolx xpeacex

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 08:30 AM

woffords fan base=500 people......they don't even have a band

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 08:31 AM

we keep a sweat going when it's cold by whipping our servants

dungeonjoe
September 17th, 2008, 08:36 AM

citadel fanbase=what is left over from those who don't go to Clemson or Carolina games and those bellhops they don't let go for the weekend.

Griznation=ardent, classy fans

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 08:39 AM
citadel fanbase=what is left over from those who don't go to Clemson or Carolina games and those bellhops they don't let go for the weekend.

WHO HAS 15-17 thousand people at their games? who has 2,500, even though they LIE and say they had 8,000? jerry richardson must really hate to buy all the tickets so you don't have to tell the truth about your lack of attendance

Grizzaholic
September 17th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Probably had to do with the fact that I was woefully under dressed and was standing in the shade in the south end zone. Now that I think about it, it was actually my toes that got frozen, not my balls. :D

You do realize that they make this stuff that comes in a bottle and makes your tummy all warm and in turn makes you warm all over. You should try some at the next game you go to. The problem with it is the UM doesn't like you to be using it when you are inside the stadium.

dungeonjoe
September 17th, 2008, 09:22 AM
WHO HAS 15-17 thousand people at their games? who has 2,500, even though they LIE and say they had 8,000? jerry richardson must really hate to buy all the tickets so you don't have to tell the truth about your lack of attendance
When have they lied about attendance? Please be specific.

15-17 thousand? Who is lying now?

citdog
September 17th, 2008, 09:26 AM
When have they lied about attendance? Please be specific.

15-17 thousand? Who is lying now?

parents day and homecoming we ALWAYS have that many....every time I have been to wofford y'all have 3,000 st the most....the paper the next day ALWAYS says 8,000.....i wonder why?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2008, 09:48 AM
parents day and homecoming we ALWAYS have that many....every time I have been to wofford y'all have 3,000 st the most....the paper the next day ALWAYS says 8,000.....i wonder why?

They always have 3,000 because it's The Citadel in the stadium...It always reads 8,000 to you because it's The Citadel.

dungeonjoe
September 17th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Because everytime you come to Gibbs you bring the ghosts of the confederacy with you. How can we not count the honored dead that you drag with you?;)

Grizalltheway
September 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM

DJ is a wise man. xbowx xbowx

montanafan
September 17th, 2008, 10:59 AM
You do realize that they make this stuff that comes in a bottle and makes your tummy all warm and in turn makes you warm all over. You should try some at the next game you go to. The problem with it is the UM doesn't like you to be using it when you are inside the stadium.

That's why you put a little bit of Hot Cocoa in a thermos and fill it the rest of the way with the tummy warmer. xcoffeex

Grizzaholic
September 17th, 2008, 11:01 AM
That's why you put a little bit of Hot Cocoa in a thermos and fill it the rest of the way with the tummy warmer. xcoffeex

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

montanafan
September 17th, 2008, 11:04 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Are you going to be at the tailgates this weekend? Ours is just out side of the north endzone entrance and on the north side of Campus Drive. If you go past the Griz Motor Home that says "follow the bears" on the back we are two slots west of them. Stop by for a beer. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Are you going to be at the tailgates this weekend? Ours is just out side of the north endzone entrance and on the north side of Campus Drive. If you go past the Griz Motor Home that says "follow the bears" on the back we are two slots west of them. Stop by for a beer. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Most of the out of towners from the site are going to be over at a tailgate that is in the same general location...as you walk out of the N. Endzone, hang a left and walk down the sidewalk and we will be at the tailgate spot right next to the Griz bus on the edge of the parking lot. It's right on the S. side of the street. It has a flag on top of it that says "Otis".

RazorEdge19
September 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM

I'd be less worried about attendance and more worried about how Citadel plans to lose to Wofford this year. What is it now, a decade straight you haven't beaten us? Besides, this thread is for teams with fanbases that are honorable, anyway...former traitors need not apply....xpeacex xwhistlex xpeacex

Houndawg
September 17th, 2008, 02:05 PM

I just let my balls set on my toes and keep them warm. Like an Emperor penguin.

Grizaholic17
September 17th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Honestly, KBS was loud last year. Actually has been loud the past couple of years - steady growth. Did you come 2006? If that was your last visit - you're in for a treat xnodx xnodx xnodx

Besides a night game at KBS is so much different. But being on Halloween and ESPN2? Boone will be rocking.

But yeah, this year is SOOOO much different that the past. Granted it was the first game against JU....but it's much louder. Probably still not that close to Wa/Griz where they're on top of the players and all. But it's very differnt.

I have been to the Rock for a game last year. My family took a trip to NC for my sister. Overall, it's a great stadium...I just have to state that there is no other place like Wa/Griz. You can put 40,000 people into KBS, and it still wouldn't compare in noise. I have to keep bringing this point up, and it's the umpteenth time i've done it, But the ESPN broadcasters in 2006 measured the decibel levels in Wa/Griz to be equivalent to a jet airliner. It is stunning.

I think it is awesome that they found the SUU game to be loud and fun, just wait for homecoming, conference games, Griz/Cat, and then the big shabang with the playoffs. Truly rockin then!

Grizaholic17
September 17th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Most of the out of towners from the site are going to be over at a tailgate that is in the same general location...as you walk out of the N. Endzone, hang a left and walk down the sidewalk and we will be at the tailgate spot right next to the Griz bus on the edge of the parking lot. It's right on the S. side of the street. It has a flag on top of it that says "Otis".

Or you guys could all just go down to the house on 5th and Arthur to take part in Kegs and Eggs with the students. Just a thought! ;) MUCH LOVE! GO GRIZ