PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week 4

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Not sure this will be close, but I want to try to do it every week.

There are actually quite a few great games this weekend.

93henfan
September 16th, 2008, 08:24 AM
It ain't rocket science.

SoCon vs CAA

1. App St @ JMU
2. Delaware @ Furman

TexasTerror
September 16th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I'd vote for OTHER if the option were available...a sentimental pick. Nicholls State @ Memphis -- just happy to see the Colonels take the field this week. GEAUX COLONELS!

OL FU
September 16th, 2008, 08:32 AM
For me no question, UD at FU. But for FCS I went with the rankings ASU @JMU:(

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I'd vote for OTHER if the option were available...a sentimental pick. Nicholls State @ Memphis -- just happy to see the Colonels take the field this week. GEAUX COLONELS!
Even if that option were available you could not pick that game. Remember, NO I-A games. This is the I-AA game of the week. xpeacex

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 08:37 AM
South Dakota State at Northern Iowa is HUGE. This is already the third conference game for SDSU who is 2-0 in conference. IF they can win this game, they have the inside track to the auto. They play three OOC games after this, then @ Indiana State, Missouri State, Illinois State... their next real conference test won't be until November 15th at SIU (no offense ISU, MSU or ISU). xpeacex

danefan
September 16th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I took UD Furman.

I think this game is a good measuring stick for UD. And I hope they win.

The JMU/App State game is obviously also a great game, I just have more interest in the UD/Furman game,

Eaglesrus
September 16th, 2008, 08:54 AM
For me no question, UD at FU. But for FCS I went with the rankings ASU @JMU:(

No question for me, either; Elon @ GSU, of course. But I voted for ASU @ JMU in this poll

appfan2008
September 16th, 2008, 08:57 AM
as an obvious app fan the pick was easy but there are 3 other huge games in my opinion that on a normal week could be the game of the week...
sdsu/uni
elon/gsu
furman/del

Ivytalk
September 16th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I voted ASU at JMU. Are there ticket scalpers in Harrisonburg?

Rob Iola
September 16th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Flat out great week in FCS!

skinny_uncle
September 16th, 2008, 09:05 AM
South Dakota State at Northern Iowa is HUGE. This is already the third conference game for SDSU who is 2-0 in conference. IF they can win this game, they have the inside track to the auto. They play three OOC games after this, then @ Indiana State, Missouri State, Illinois State... their next real conference test won't be until November 15th at SIU (no offense ISU, MSU or ISU). xpeacex
As a Valley fan, I agree.

neersnbeers
September 16th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Close call. Fur burgers and UD will be good. But had to go with App vs JMU for obvious reasons. Also the NDSU game will affect the polls.

UNIFanSince1983
September 16th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I went homer and voted for SDSU and UNI.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 16th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I voted ASU at JMU. Are there ticket scalpers in Harrisonburg?

A few on Ebay.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZJMUQ20appQ20stQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_md oZ

Yesterday there were a pack of 4 tickets, endzone seats, going for $250 total w/ 5 hours left. Didn't see the final bid though. EDIT: Final bid was 305.50.

Looks like $25 tickets are going for about $60-70. Less than an hour to get in on the tickets that are currently at $66 for two. That's a deal right now!

IABison
September 16th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Obviously App State at JMU will be huge...

Equally huge for those of us in the MVFC is SDSU at UNI.

McNeese75
September 16th, 2008, 10:00 AM

Not when your team is playing Idle U xcoolx

introvertedGSUfan
September 16th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Obvious bias for Elon @ GSU for me, but there's no question that App @ JMU will be the biggest.

lizrdgizrd
September 16th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I voted ASU/JMU but there are some real poll-changers this week.

FU - UD
SDSU - UNI
UC Davis - Montana
Elon - GSU

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 10:36 AM

Not when your team is playing Idle U xcoolx
Sure it is. You get to see all these other great games taking place. If MSU were playing, you'd be focused only on that game. xthumbsupx

andy7171
September 16th, 2008, 10:37 AM
WAIT A TIC! The Blue Hens are playing a non CAA game AWAY!?!?!
<falls on the floor>

I voted for Appy-Dookies

phoenix3
September 16th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I voted Elon v GSU because of the conference implications. App. v JMU and FU v Deleware are important from the big picture / rankings.

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM
WAIT A TIC! The Blue Hens are playing a non CAA game AWAY!?!?!
<falls on the floor>
Second one this year. xsmiley_wix

RabidRabbit
September 16th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Second one this year. xsmiley_wix

xlolx xlolx Yeah YEAH! But first was Maryland! :p :p

Like the Twerps :D would EVER play at UD again! xrulesx

GeauxLions94
September 16th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Appy State and Jimmy Madison should be No. 1. Also like SDSU at Northern Iowa and UC Davis-Montana.

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 11:13 AM
xlolx xlolx Yeah YEAH! But first was Maryland! :p :p

Like the Twerps :D would EVER play at UD again! xrulesx
Hey, the Hens are going out to visit your guys in the not too distant future. xthumbsupx

Seven Would Be Nice
September 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I think Elon GSU is pretty big. First conference game, and the outcome of this game will really show where each team sits. The SoCon is going to be a blood bath this year.

dbackjon
September 16th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Lot of great games:

UD-Furman
ASU-JMU
SDSU-UNI
SLO-NW
Elon-GSU
SFA-WIU

Even Albany-UNH will potentially affect the rankings

appfan2008
September 16th, 2008, 12:23 PM
as long as there are no cancellations this week (shouldnt be) we will know a lot more about fcs than we learned last week!

appfan2008
September 16th, 2008, 12:23 PM
a lot of love from the mvfc crowd for the sdsu/uni game...`

Black Saturday
September 16th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Only 1 vote for New Hampshire as game of the week?xconfusedx

Must be the same one who voted New Hampshire #1 in the AGS poll? xlolx

appmaj
September 16th, 2008, 12:29 PM
ASU--JMU
But a lot of great games!

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 12:39 PM
The homerism on these votes is always disappointing. xnonono2x

lizrdgizrd
September 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Why, does JMU/ASU surprise you as the leading candidate for GOW?

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Why, does JMU/ASU surprise you as the leading candidate for GOW?
Not at all. I voted for that one. It's the other ones that are disappointing. xpeacex

Maroon&White
September 16th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Even Albany-UNH will potentially affect the rankings

UNH will drop after losing to Albany.

appfan2008
September 16th, 2008, 02:21 PM

there are a few top games but most the others should have zero votes if you were truly voting for what is the game of the week

Grizalltheway
September 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM

Is this an open poll or a referendum on ASU/JMU?xconfusedx

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM
there are a few top games but most the others should have zero votes if you were truly voting for what is the game of the week

Is this an open poll or a referendum on ASU/JMU?xconfusedx
Half of the votes for the UD/FU game are from UD and FU fans. ALL of the votes for GSU/Elon are from GSU and Elon fans. All but one vote for UM/UCD were Griz or Aggie fans. Etc.... People can vote however they want, but it's easy to see that every week some people will simply vote for their team and there may as well not even be 9 other choices. It's clear that most people agree ASU/JMU is the game of the week, but I'm starting to wonder why I put these up every week. xpeacex

lizrdgizrd
September 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Half of the votes for the UD/FU game are from UD and FU fans. ALL of the votes for GSU/Elon are from GSU and Elon fans. Etc.... People can vote however they want, but it's easy to see that every week some people will simply vote for their team and there may as well not even be 9 other choices. It's clear that most people agree ASU/JMU is the game of the week, but I'm starting to wonder why I put these up every week. xpeacex

I think you've got to look at it from their perspective. UD/FU and EU/GSU are both good games that can really make waves in the FCS world. And if you also happen to be a fan of one of those teams it's going to make it an even bigger game for you.

I'd say about 6 or 7 of these games actually have some kind of bigger relevance than just for those teams playing in them. Which one means the most is open for debate.

89Hen
September 17th, 2008, 09:19 AM
if you also happen to be a fan of one of those teams it's going to make it an even bigger game for you
That's the point. I didn't think I needed to specify that we are voting on what people think is the NATIONAL game of the week. Not which game will you have the most interest in. xpeacex

813Jag
September 17th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I'm excited for Southern vs. Open Date U. Maybe we'll pick up a W. xlolx

Like most people my eyes are on the ASU/JMU game. Any TV coverage?

HI54UNI
September 18th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I went homer and voted for SDSU and UNI.

Me too but there are several great games this weekend. xthumbsupx

hvsader
September 18th, 2008, 06:33 PM
...last time I voted I picked Randolph vs Coen, was pretty close to the GOTW. This week HC vs HU is going to light up the Charles

ButlerGSU
September 18th, 2008, 07:03 PM
No question for me, either; Elon @ GSU, of course. But I voted for ASU @ JMU in this poll

Same here. I know JMU fans will be out for some revenge which should add to the atmosphere of a great game.

stevdock
September 18th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I voted for UNI/SDSU mainly because we will know so much more about both of those teams. I think this is going to be even throughout the game where as the App/JMU game could be a blow out either way. Plus everyone knows that App and JMU will both be there in the end.

JackTwice
September 18th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I voted for UNI/SDSU mainly because we will know so much more about both of those teams. I think this is going to be even throughout the game where as the App/JMU game could be a blow out either way. Plus everyone knows that App and JMU will both be there in the end.

My thoughts exactly. Even fans of SDSU are wondering how good our team really is. SDSU @ UNI will go a long way to straightening out the top of the poll.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 18th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Both games should be close and exciting to watch. Leave the D at home, I want to see some barnburners!

blackfordpu
September 18th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I went with ASU at JMU.

GaSouthern
September 19th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I homered with Elon GSU

But the App State game will be HUGE!

Skjellyfetti
September 19th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Like most people my eyes are on the ASU/JMU game. Any TV coverage?

Just in the NE.

You can stream it on CN8.com or channelsurfing.net though.