PDA

View Full Version : CAA week 4 predictions

Nebuta
September 14th, 2008, 03:43 PM
UNH over Albany - McCarty will have no late game heroics this week. UNH offense should be too much, just don't ask about UNH's defense.

URI over Hofstra - URI found its offense last week, look for them to continue this week.

UD over Furman - Smith looks to solidify himself as one of the best running backs in the CAA. Look for Smith to have another 3 TD day on the Paladins defense. Hens win in a close one.

Syracuse over NE - This game should be close as Northeastern. Orio should keep them close.

Richmond over Maine - Richmond is one of, if not the best team in the country. Look for the spiders' 2nd string to see more playing time.

Nova over Penn - Nova is just too much. Young will lead the wildcats to an easy victory.

Texas Tech over UMass - Crabtree will single handly put more points on the board then UMass.

William and Mary over Norfolk St - The tribe look like a playoff caliber team and Norfolk is no playoff contender. W&M will have offensive explosion with another 500+ yard performance.

Towson over Coastal Carolina - Schaefer will have solid game and throw for at least 2 touchdowns. As tigers win comfortably.

JMU over App State - Unforunately, for AE and company this game will not be decided by a fumble in the redzone late in the game. The Dukes should have this game in hand by mid 4th quarter as revenge is a dish best served cold.

JmuSkinsfan
September 14th, 2008, 03:53 PM
UNH: 42
Albany: 20

UNH has been looking pretty solid so far this season...but needs to check that defense. I know URI has a new offensive scheme going and maybe they are a lot better than some think, but that was a bad performance yesterday.

URI: 38
Hofstra: 24

URI might be better than I thought. Let's see if they can get a win against the CAA this week.

UD: 31
Furman: 27

Give the edge to Delaware in this one. They have looked pretty solid so far, but it will be interesting to see how they perform against actual FCS competition.

Syracuse: 31
Northeastern: 20

Syracuse is awful...but I can't see Northeastern going in and winning this one.

Richmond: 24
Maine: 21

Closer than expected. I kinda like Maine this year, and I'm worried about JMU playing at Maine in a couple weeks.

Villanova: 45
Penn: 27

Villanova can be explosive and I think they will handily take down an Ivy League school.

Texas Tech: 62
UMass: 21
This could get ugly. UMass probably won't come out and try for this one...just trying to get out injury free.

W&M: 38
NSU: 14

W&M beating VMI really doesn't say much about them. Did they not beat them handily last year too? Either way, this game is W&M to lose.

Towson: 28
Coastal: 20

Close game that Towson eeks out. I just don't think Towson is any good. Schaeffer carries them in this one.

JMU: 45
ASU: 35

I really don't want to make predictions in big games like this, but I think JMU will control the game enough to hold off ASU. I agree that this game will be in control mid-way through the 4th, but ASU will score late to make it a little closer...

furman94
September 14th, 2008, 04:14 PM
hmm... what has UD shown this year that isn't expected for you to pick them over FU?

Col Hogan
September 14th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Texas Tech: 62
UMass: 21
This could get ugly. UMass probably won't come out and try for this one...just trying to get out injury free.

Hope our "D" can keep it this low...xnonono2x

appstate38
September 14th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I think the Dukes will surprised by our improved D-line play from a year ago. You still don't have an answer for Edwards.

SoCon goes 2-0 over CAA this weekend. Should be fun though.

th0m
September 14th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Don't need an answer for AE to be able to win.

jstclmet
September 14th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Wk#1 8 - 1 + 1 Abstention
Wk#2 7 - 1
Wk#3 7 - 2 Congrats to JMU & Albany on your wins

22 out of 27. 82% Success rate, but the first two weeks were gimmes. From Wk#3 on, the games get a little tougher.

Wk#4 predictions;

Furman 24 vs. Delaware 13
Texas Tech 42 vs UMass 21 (if this close).
Hofstra 21 vs Rhode Island 3. URI might prove me wrong here as they are improving.
Nova 35 @ UPenn 14. The fact that this is a rivalry game might make it closer, but the outcome will be the same.
William & Mary 31 vs Norfolk St. 21. Tribe has too much "O" for NSU.
Towson 24 @ Costal Carolina 21.
App St 42 @ James Madison 24. Statement game either way, and another game of the week for JMU.
Richmond 24 vs Maine 14. UR too tough at home for UM.
Syracuse 41 vs Northeastern 7. Would very much love a NU upset here, but even as bad as the Cuse are, they will want to show in front of their home faithful.
New Hampshire 24 vs Albany 17

Good luck...

19Duke97
September 14th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Wk#1 8 - 1 + 1 Abstention
Wk#2 7 - 1
Wk#3 7 - 2 Congrats to JMU & Albany on your wins

22 out of 27. 82% Success rate, but the first two weeks were gimmes. From Wk#3 on, the games get a little tougher.

Wk#4 predictions;

Furman 24 vs. Delaware 13
Texas Tech 42 vs UMass 21 (if this close).
Hofstra 21 vs Rhode Island 3. URI might prove me wrong here as they are improving.
Nova 35 @ UPenn 14. The fact that this is a rivalry game might make it closer, but the outcome will be the same.
William & Mary 31 vs Norfolk St. 21. Tribe has too much "O" for NSU.
Towson 24 @ Costal Carolina 21.
App St 42 @ James Madison 24. Statement game either way, and another game of the week for JMU.
Richmond 24 vs Maine 14. UR too tough at home for UM.
Syracuse 41 vs Northeastern 7. Would very much love a NU upset here, but even as bad as the Cuse are, they will want to show in front of their home faithful.
New Hampshire 24 vs Albany 17

Good luck...

No way JMU loses by 18, keep picking against us, are you sore about the trip behind the woodshed we put on you guys last year?

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 14th, 2008, 07:15 PM
No way JMU loses by 18, keep picking against us, are you sore about the trip behind the woodshed we put on you guys last year?

Why in the world would you care so much about the score the Nova fan predicts?

Why don't you put up predictions and predict that Nova loses. That way you can get even! xthumbsupx

mainejeff
September 14th, 2008, 08:31 PM
UNH 35 Albany 17
URI 28 Hofstra 21
Delaware 31 Furman 20
Syracuse 38 Northeastern 20
Richmond 24 Maine 13
Villanova 42 Penn 21
Texas Tech 51 UMass 14
William & Mary 45 Norfolk State 17
Coastal Carolina 20 Towson 14
Appalachian State 31 JMU 24

UNHWildCats
September 14th, 2008, 11:34 PM
my only prediction is caa teams will score a lot and UMass will give up a lot :p

bleedblue
September 15th, 2008, 04:11 AM
hmm... what has UD shown this year that isn't expected for you to pick them over FU?

Not much but it should be a close game. I still think Furman by a td. QB issues for UD.

bleedblue
September 15th, 2008, 04:16 AM
I think the Dukes will surprised by our improved D-line play from a year ago. You still don't have an answer for Edwards.

SoCon goes 2-0 over CAA this weekend. Should be fun though.

App will not have an answer for Landers running. Should come down to the last possession. Edwards will have some huge numbers also. Home field advantage is as big for JMU as it is for App, so I see it JMU 45 App 42. It's gonna be a great game to watch. Get your popcorn ready.

bleedblue
September 15th, 2008, 04:39 AM

Don't worry about Nova fans. They are very bitter. All that talent for years and years and no championship. Not even 1 appearance in the finals. Great coaching.

19Duke97
September 15th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Why in the world would you care so much about the score the Nova fan predicts?

Why don't you put up predictions and predict that Nova loses. That way you can get even! xthumbsupx

ok as requested.. but I can't see Nova losing to Penn, I keep my picks sensible

Furman 21 vs. Delaware 17 (tough game to call Delaware still yet to play FCS team)
Texas Tech 70 vs UMass 14
Hofstra 28 vs Rhode Island 24. URI getting better, but not enough.
Nova 42 @ UPenn 7. too much talent at VU
William & Mary 45 vs Norfolk St. 28. Tribe should win this handily
Towson 21 @ Coatal Carolina 28. Towson has done nothing to impress me this year
App St 38 @ James Madison 42. JMU is very tough to beat at home, App St will come as close as anyone this year, Dukes win in a shootout.
Richmond 28 vs Maine 3. UR Defense is looking very good this year
Syracuse 24 vs Northeastern 14. Syracuse is a terrible BCS team, but NU, is not a great FCS team
New Hampshire 31 vs Albany 21 UNH quietly continues to win

BlueHen86
September 15th, 2008, 07:31 AM

A couple of CAA people pick UD over Furman. Are you surprised? I also think UD will win a close game.

xhomerx

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 07:35 AM
App will not have an answer for Landers running. Should come down to the last possession. Edwards will have some huge numbers also. Home field advantage is as big for JMU as it is for App, so I see it JMU 45 App 42. It's gonna be a great game to watch. Get your popcorn ready.

well you can get your popcorn ready but thanks to the caa the game will not be televised down here in north carolina... which is a crying shame...

89Hen
September 15th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Only two conference games in week four. xeyebrowx

Richmond 35 - Maine 14
URI 38 - Hofstra 31
Furman 28 - Delaware 24
Appalachian State 42 - JMU 38
UNH 42 - Albany 24
Villanova 42 - Penn 38
William & Mary 31 - Norfolk State 17
Towson 24 - Coastal Carolina 20
Texas Tech 55 - UMass 24
Syracuse 35 - Northeastern 10

Kosty
September 15th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Crabtree will set records against our D. Ugh.

th0m
September 15th, 2008, 08:17 AM
well you can get your popcorn ready but thanks to the caa the game will not be televised down here in north carolina... which is a crying shame...

You can watch it online though.

ASU
September 15th, 2008, 08:28 AM
You can watch it online though.

IF the CAA didn't have it's coaches or fans voting for UMass to be so high......then JMU would not be so confident right now. I Watched the game.....App State actually has some people that can tackle (that is grabbing the runner and putting them down) sometimes. It normally helps a little bit when you are playing defense......defense is when your team does not have the football......

I hope for a good game.....at least I will not have to hear about JMU fumbling (after being hit, maybe) .....and losing the game......even though App State had gone the length of the field several times and scored in less time.

GannonFan
September 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Here’s my take:

Albany 21 New Hampshire 48 – Wow, who saw that shootout coming last week. UNH looks like they always do on offense, but then let a URI team that hadn’t done anything of note yet hang right with them for awhile. Luckily, Albany doesn’t have much of an offense – heck, they couldn’t even score much on poor old UMass. UNH takes this one, but still gives up too many points.

Northeastern 21 Syracuse 24 – Okay, I’ll admit it, I gave NU no chance whatsoever to beat Georgia Southern last week, on the road, and they almost pull it out before bowing in OT. In some ways, the task is easier this week as Syracuse has dropped to some pretty low lows. However, I think Northeastern may be cornering the market is oh so close losses, and loses late to a bad Orange team.

Rhode Island 38 Hofstra 35 – Color me impressed with Rhode Island’s offense out of nowhere, and now they get a Hofstra team that played better last week, albeit in a losing effort to Albany. It’s still tough to play on the Island, and that keeps it close, but I think the Rams, with their new confidence, win this one.

Delaware 21 Furman 20 – In the undercard of this weekend’s big CAA/SoCon Challenge, UD travels to Greenville to take on Furman. It’s hard to get a read on either team so far – both looked good in losses to FBS teams (UD lost by 7 to Maryland, who just knocked off Cal, and Furman hung tight in Blacksburg with an offensively-challenged Hokie team), both demolished DII teams, and Furman had last week’s rout of Colgate. However, Stony Brook ran all over Colgate too so take that with a grain of salt. UD’s strength continues to be the defense, and they’ll need to be at the top of their game to stop Furman. But Furman relies almost too much on the rush, and UD’s corners are good enough to let UD stack the box to go along with an already pretty good d-line. Schoenhoft continues to make progress at QB and UD escapes this one and gets revenge for a long ago playoff loss almost 20 years ago.

Maine 10 Richmond 35 – Not much to write here. The CAA’s best team in the Spiders continues to roll, and Maine isn’t good enough to put up much of a fight to stop that.

villanova 42 Penn 10 – nova embarrassed the Quakers last year, amassing something like 8 turnovers in the game. I’m pretty sure this is Penn’s first game of the year, and nova’s already played 2, including one in Morgantown. Penn doesn’t match up well against nova and like Lehigh last week, Penn is a shadow of the program they used to be just a few years ago. Tough way to start the season and nova quickly wins this one.

Towson 21 Coastal Carolina 17 – Towson is showing some gumption, and with a veteran like Schaeffer at QB you’d expect that. While this won’t be a good year for the Tigers, they have enough to beat what isn’t a good Coastal team this year, even on the road.

Norfolk St 7 William and Mary 35 – I’m not ready to anoint W&M as the comeback team of the year just yet. First of all, I didn’t think W&M was all that terrible last year, and second of all, I don’t think they’ve been tested yet (kinda like the UD/Furman scenario earlier). The real test for W&M comes in 2 weeks once conference play starts. Although NSU is a local team and bound to make Zable less of a homefield than it normally is, Norfolk just isn’t any good. Phillips and company cruise to an easy one here and we wait until nova goes to Williamsburg to see where the Tribe really stand.

UMass 21 Texas Tech 72 – No one would’ve forecasted this disaster coming into the year. UMass had tons of graduation losses on the offensive side of the ball, but everyone figured with 8 starters back on defense that they could rely on the old Don Brown-coached defense to win games for them. Well, two games against Holy Cross and JMU (and almost 100 points given up in the two games) have blown that out of the water and the secret is out – UMass can’t play defense. To some extent, though, you could kinda see it coming. Last year UMass hid behind an easy schedule and made the playoffs without really being challenged. Then they struggle to contain what wasn’t a great Fordham team in the first round and then they get swept away by a Southern Illinois team that a week later UD would handcuff with a less-heralded defense. If we would’ve seen a better schedule last year maybe we wouldn’t be as surprised as we are now seeing UMass put up no defense in two straight weeks. Well, bad time for that to happen. Texas Tech will score at will in this one and there’s no way Coen can keep up. This could get really ugly.

Appalachian State 30 James Madison 31 – The main event in the CAA/SoCon challenge features the 3-time defending FCS champ against the JMU team that should’ve beaten Appy St last year. To be honest, this game could go either way. I’m not sure Appy St has really improved defensively against the run as much as they say they have, and if there’s one thing JMU can do it’s run the ball behind that offensive line. And while Appy St has lost to graduation some studs like Dexter Jackson, Armanti Edwards is still the best QB at this level and for all his prowess running the ball, he’s actually just as good throwing the ball. JMU’s Achilles Heel this year is going to be the defense, which is okay but not much better than that. This game won’t be decided by JMU’s offense, which I think will put up some points, but by how well Appy St’s offense matches up against JMU’s defense. Seeing how JMU has been pointing to this game since last November, I’m giving them the edge. Either way, should be a real joy watching this one Saturday night.

furman94
September 15th, 2008, 04:22 PM
If you notice, FU has gone spread, and even though we run on unsuspecting opponents, we still will pass and dump a lot more this year.

vaughtdj
September 15th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Write it down: JMU will beat App. St. and will be the number one team in the nation by this time next week!!!

AppStsGr8
September 15th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Here’s my take:

Appalachian State 30 James Madison 31 – The main event in the CAA/SoCon challenge features the 3-time defending FCS champ against the JMU team that should’ve beaten Appy St last year. To be honest, this game could go either way. I’m not sure Appy St has really improved defensively against the run as much as they say they have, and if there’s one thing JMU can do it’s run the ball behind that offensive line. And while Appy St has lost to graduation some studs like Dexter Jackson, Armanti Edwards is still the best QB at this level and for all his prowess running the ball, he’s actually just as good throwing the ball. JMU’s Achilles Heel this year is going to be the defense, which is okay but not much better than that. This game won’t be decided by JMU’s offense, which I think will put up some points, but by how well Appy St’s offense matches up against JMU’s defense. Seeing how JMU has been pointing to this game since last November, I’m giving them the edge. Either way, should be a real joy watching this one Saturday night.

Well put. I've been at both App games this year and am not certain App is "there" yet. Edwards is still the best in my book. O-line still settling into the game. Not sure a week off helps App as much as a win over UMass helps JMU. Hopefully, we'll see a great game from both teams - no injuries, no excuses - and some decent officiating. I'll be there cheering for the Mountaineers. GO APP!

Dinman31
September 15th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Here’s my take:

Albany 21 New Hampshire 48 – Wow, who saw that shootout coming last week. UNH looks like they always do on offense, but then let a URI team that hadn’t done anything of note yet hang right with them for awhile. Luckily, Albany doesn’t have much of an offense – heck, they couldn’t even score much on poor old UMass. UNH takes this one, but still gives up too many points.

Northeastern 21 Syracuse 24 – Okay, I’ll admit it, I gave NU no chance whatsoever to beat Georgia Southern last week, on the road, and they almost pull it out before bowing in OT. In some ways, the task is easier this week as Syracuse has dropped to some pretty low lows. However, I think Northeastern may be cornering the market is oh so close losses, and loses late to a bad Orange team.

Rhode Island 38 Hofstra 35 – Color me impressed with Rhode Island’s offense out of nowhere, and now they get a Hofstra team that played better last week, albeit in a losing effort to Albany. It’s still tough to play on the Island, and that keeps it close, but I think the Rams, with their new confidence, win this one.

Delaware 21 Furman 20 – In the undercard of this weekend’s big CAA/SoCon Challenge, UD travels to Greenville to take on Furman. It’s hard to get a read on either team so far – both looked good in losses to FBS teams (UD lost by 7 to Maryland, who just knocked off Cal, and Furman hung tight in Blacksburg with an offensively-challenged Hokie team), both demolished DII teams, and Furman had last week’s rout of Colgate. However, Stony Brook ran all over Colgate too so take that with a grain of salt. UD’s strength continues to be the defense, and they’ll need to be at the top of their game to stop Furman. But Furman relies almost too much on the rush, and UD’s corners are good enough to let UD stack the box to go along with an already pretty good d-line. Schoenhoft continues to make progress at QB and UD escapes this one and gets revenge for a long ago playoff loss almost 20 years ago.

Maine 10 Richmond 35 – Not much to write here. The CAA’s best team in the Spiders continues to roll, and Maine isn’t good enough to put up much of a fight to stop that.

villanova 42 Penn 10 – nova embarrassed the Quakers last year, amassing something like 8 turnovers in the game. I’m pretty sure this is Penn’s first game of the year, and nova’s already played 2, including one in Morgantown. Penn doesn’t match up well against nova and like Lehigh last week, Penn is a shadow of the program they used to be just a few years ago. Tough way to start the season and nova quickly wins this one.

Towson 21 Coastal Carolina 17 – Towson is showing some gumption, and with a veteran like Schaeffer at QB you’d expect that. While this won’t be a good year for the Tigers, they have enough to beat what isn’t a good Coastal team this year, even on the road.

Norfolk St 7 William and Mary 35 – I’m not ready to anoint W&M as the comeback team of the year just yet. First of all, I didn’t think W&M was all that terrible last year, and second of all, I don’t think they’ve been tested yet (kinda like the UD/Furman scenario earlier). The real test for W&M comes in 2 weeks once conference play starts. Although NSU is a local team and bound to make Zable less of a homefield than it normally is, Norfolk just isn’t any good. Phillips and company cruise to an easy one here and we wait until nova goes to Williamsburg to see where the Tribe really stand.

UMass 21 Texas Tech 72 – No one would’ve forecasted this disaster coming into the year. UMass had tons of graduation losses on the offensive side of the ball, but everyone figured with 8 starters back on defense that they could rely on the old Don Brown-coached defense to win games for them. Well, two games against Holy Cross and JMU (and almost 100 points given up in the two games) have blown that out of the water and the secret is out – UMass can’t play defense. To some extent, though, you could kinda see it coming. Last year UMass hid behind an easy schedule and made the playoffs without really being challenged. Then they struggle to contain what wasn’t a great Fordham team in the first round and then they get swept away by a Southern Illinois team that a week later UD would handcuff with a less-heralded defense. If we would’ve seen a better schedule last year maybe we wouldn’t be as surprised as we are now seeing UMass put up no defense in two straight weeks. Well, bad time for that to happen. Texas Tech will score at will in this one and there’s no way Coen can keep up. This could get really ugly.

Furman relies too much on the rush? The Paladins are averaging 227 yards passing per game.

Maroon&White
September 15th, 2008, 05:59 PM

Oddly enough, while the D struggled in the final two games of last season, Liam Coen and the offense were putting up major yards. Both Coen's production and the struggling D has continued this season. Past 5 games they've scored 37.4ppg with 477.8ypg, with Coen throwing a total of 1,666yards (333.2 yards/game), 16 TDs, and 4 INT.

The defense though, they've just been bad.

KAUMASS
September 15th, 2008, 07:26 PM
my only prediction is caa teams will score a lot and UMass will give up a lot :p

It's apparent. You don't like UMass. Please move on, it is getting old..xcoffeex xrulesx xreadx xthumbsdownx xviolinx xbangx xsmashx xdeadhorsex xblahblahx xpissedx xcoachx xflamemadx

Turfwar
September 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Landers is healthy this time, App. State's in big trouble........

UNHWildCats
September 15th, 2008, 08:48 PM
It's apparent. You don't like UMass. Please move on, it is getting old..xcoffeex xrulesx xreadx xthumbsdownx xviolinx xbangx xsmashx xdeadhorsex xblahblahx xpissedx xcoachx xflamemadx
just figuring this out? The minutemen are right there with the Yankees and Jets.

GannonFan
September 15th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Furman relies too much on the rush? The Paladins are averaging 227 yards passing per game.

And Furman's still running the ball more than 2/3 of the time.

Dinman31
September 15th, 2008, 09:45 PM
And Furman's still running the ball more than 2/3 of the time.

You tend to get alot of carries against teams (Colgate) that can't stop you.:D

Tribe4SF
September 15th, 2008, 11:25 PM
The consensus that Norfolk State is not very good stems from the low opinion some folks have of the quality of play in the MEAC. They are plenty talented, with a fine transfer QB from UConn, a top-notch RB, a couple of game breaking receivers, and one of the best safeties in the country. Pete Adrian has been around, and has turned the Spartans into a competitive FCS team.

While we await The Holy One's (GannonFan) annointing as comeback team of the year, the Tribe will have its hands full this Saturday.

bleedblue
September 16th, 2008, 02:13 AM
The consensus that Norfolk State is not very good stems from the low opinion some folks have of the quality of play in the MEAC. They are plenty talented, with a fine transfer QB from UConn, a top-notch RB, a couple of game breaking receivers, and one of the best safeties in the country. Pete Adrian has been around, and has turned the Spartans into a competitive FCS team.

While we await The Holy One's (GannonFan) annointing as comeback team of the year, the Tribe will have its hands full this Saturday.

Does not take a "HOLY ONE" to tell us the MEAC is crap. Tribe will do just fine. 2 TD win for the Tribe.

bluehenbillk
September 16th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Last week you guys propped up VMI, this week it's Norfolk St?? Please, just take your win quietly & get ready for the CAA games.

KAUMASS
September 16th, 2008, 07:12 AM
just figuring this out? The minutemen are right there with the Yankees and Jets.

Every thread- all you do is bash UMass. It's getting old. People here want to talk reasonably about their teams, not read about one's self hatred & bashing of a team that brings your conference respect. If you want anyone here to take your posts in a serious context, I would respectfully ask you to take a chill pill on the bashing comments towards UMass and other teams. You are a voter on the AGS poll, act like one or I'm sure you will have your poll privilages revoked.

Tribe4SF
September 16th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Last week you guys propped up VMI, this week it's Norfolk St?? Please, just take your win quietly & get ready for the CAA games.

Who propped up VMI?

You've been reading GF's fiction for too long.xrolleyesx

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 08:39 AM
No kidding. You guys are starting to sound like Lou Holtz... "I don't see any way we can beat them". xlolx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 16th, 2008, 08:57 AM

Actually, thanks to JMU. Give credit where credit is due. JMU talked to several carriers and CN8 was the only one willing to put it on TV at 7PM. Blame the TV/cable stations for not arranging their schedules around the best game of the day at any level. xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 16th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Lots of love on here for JMU. I don't know. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on App St. Then again, whenever I bet, I lose. xoopsx :p

UNHWildCats
September 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Every thread- all you do is bash UMass. It's getting old. People here want to talk reasonably about their teams, not read about one's self hatred & bashing of a team that brings your conference respect. If you want anyone here to take your posts in a serious context, I would respectfully ask you to take a chill pill on the bashing comments towards UMass and other teams. You are a voter on the AGS poll, act like one or I'm sure you will have your poll privilages revoked.
all I do is bash Umass? Thats actually not true at all. I dont spend much time at all bashing UMass, dont really need to cause everyone already knows they suck and that most of their fans are ignorant drunks (theres a few exceptions to that and they know who they are)

If someone wants to complain about me bashing them all the time John McCain and the New York Yankees have an argument there.

I have done nothing wrong in my voting and there have been others who have posted ballots that validate my positioning of UMass this week.

You know what is getting old though? Umass fans who think their minuteboys are the absoloute best.

So you dominated in 2006 and 2007...easy enough to do when you get to play Towson, W&M and Villanova while not playing Delaware, JMU and Richmond.

andy7171
September 16th, 2008, 10:32 AM
So you dominated in 2006 and 2007...easy enough to do when you get to play Towson, W&M and Villanova while not playing Delaware, JMU and Richmond.
Hey hey! Watch it!

Oh and you were pretty good at slamming Obama a month or so ago. :D

UNHWildCats
September 16th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Hey hey! Watch it!

Oh and you were pretty good at slamming Obama a month or so ago. :D
before June 5 :p

And I didnt mean and disrespect towards Towson, Villanova and W&M but they just arent anywhere close to Delaware, JMU and Richmond the past two years, though Villanova was much better last year and are certainly even better this year.

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 10:41 AM
You have internet and a monitor...

http://www.cn8.tv/cn8home/default.aspx?lc=ma

Black and Gold Express
September 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Don't need an answer for AE to be able to win.

Because the CAA has recent experience beating ASU.... wait... still looking... once in the last 15 years (Maine - corrected for me by 89Hen). And a nice 0-4 in the last two years (that would be with AE at the helm, to tie this together)

For your team's sake I hope they don't crash and burn after ASU wins on Saturday. Matthews has put every conceivable egg in his basket for this one. If y'all don't pull this one off, it may be lights out for 2008.

Black and Gold Express
September 16th, 2008, 10:43 AM
You have internet and a monitor...

http://www.cn8.tv/cn8home/default.aspx?lc=ma

What is your experience with CN8's capability to handle a big load of users for the online video? Chances are they are going to get bombarded for this one.

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 10:46 AM
What is your experience with CN8's capability to handle a big load of users for the online video? Chances are they are going to get bombarded for this one.
In the past I've never had problems, but as you pointed out, this one may really test their capabilities. Thank God I got CN8 last year... I only e-mailed Comcast 20-30 times asking why I had Comcast, but not Comcast Network 8. xconfusedx

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Because the CAA has recent experience beating ASU.... wait... still looking... nope, nothing in the last 15 years at least that I can find. And a nice 0-4 in the last two years (that would be with AE at the helm, to tie this together)
I think Maine beat you guys in Boone a few years ago in the playoffs. xpeacex

Black and Gold Express
September 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I think Maine beat you guys in Boone a few years ago in the playoffs. xpeacex

Agh, you're right. I'll correct that now. Still, JMU has not beaten us in at least 15 years and the recent 0-4 stands still. xsmiley_wix

UNHWildCats
September 16th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Agh, you're right. I'll correct that now. Still, JMU has not beaten us in at least 15 years and the recent 0-4 stands still. xsmiley_wix
And the Giants had no chance to beat New England in the Super Bowl, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 10:53 AM
But you've never beaten the Hens in Newark or Boone. :p

Black and Gold Express
September 16th, 2008, 10:59 AM
And the Giants had no chance to beat New England in the Super Bowl, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

It could happen. Truth be told, JMU is due. We've punked them about every way you can. Dominating wins (2006), playoff wins (1996 or 1997, last year), with key plays (last years forced fumble to seal it), and absolute miracles (the 1992 or 1993 - forget the exact year - Hail Mary game at JMU).

And, I was serious about the effects of a loss for JMU this time around. I don't pay attention to JMU unless we are playing them, but everything you read makes Matthews, the team, and the fans sound almost desperate to win this game. Sure seems like an awful lot to put into a Week 3 game. Wofford did that last year and pulled off the victory, so it has it's upside. But it has to have an equal downside. An ASU win, especially anything that could be looked at in a fashion similar to last year's game, could be devastating to their psyche as a whole I'd imagine.

Black and Gold Express
September 16th, 2008, 11:00 AM
But you've never beaten the Hens in Newark or Boone. :p

We've beaten Winged Helmets in their house. Close enough. xsmiley_wix

dwtime
September 16th, 2008, 11:08 AM
We've beaten Winged Helmets in their house. Close enough. xsmiley_wix
You beat them in 'the big house'! I can't imagine what a thrill it must have been for the App fans that were there. I would think it would rank right up there with one of their National Championships.

Black and Gold Express
September 16th, 2008, 11:14 AM
You beat them in 'the big house'! I can't imagine what a thrill it must have been for the App fans that were there. I would think it would rank right up there with one of their National Championships.

Not to hijack, but they were all different kind of thrills. IMO, all equally as important in the grand scheme. Others differ with me on this, a lot I believe would sell all three titles for the Michigan game and not think twice.

I was there for all the games except for the 2006 title game. Personally the 2005 National Title tops my list. It signified finally reaching the top after so many years of trying and failing. The Michigan win was thrill in that "Holy crap, what did we just do?" kind of way. And the title game last December was a thrill in that it was the perfect ending to such a magical season.

'neers80
September 16th, 2008, 11:15 AM
JMU vs App will be a great game ... all im sayin is we are better than the duke blue devils

th0m
September 16th, 2008, 11:21 AM
It could happen. Truth be told, JMU is due. We've punked them about every way you can. Dominating wins (2006), playoff wins (1996 or 1997, last year), with key plays (last years forced fumble to seal it), and absolute miracles (the 1992 or 1993 - forget the exact year - Hail Mary game at JMU).

What was so dominating about your 2006 win? xconfusedx

JMU vs App will be a great game ... all im sayin is we are better than the duke blue devils

And you know this, how? Did you play them this year?

BDKJMU
September 16th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Duke far outplayed an improved Northwestern team only to lose 24-20. Then Duke handled a Navy team that has been mediocre the last few years (at least they gone to some toilet bowls). Duke is 2-1, shold be 3-0. Right now they are a big improvement over the Duke teams of the last 4-5 years (ok, well thats not saying much). Duke is better than you think they are. They are better on defense than ASU. Best front 7, with several NFL prospects, that JMU will face all year, (yes, I know ASU front 7 is good). ASU probably better on offense. I'll let you know after watching the JMU-ASU game as to whether or not ASU is better than Duke.

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 11:24 AM
the title game last December was a thrill in that it was the perfect ending to such a magical season.
Says you. :(

I honestly thought the perfect ending would be for you to beat the other winged helmets in their house, but lose the real winged helmets when it really counted. xsmiley_wix

Black and Gold Express
September 16th, 2008, 11:26 AM
What was so dominating about your 2006 win? xconfusedx

How else would you characterize a 21-10 win where JMU was never in the game and got stuffed by our defense all day long? You only scored a touchdown on a desperation heave that was caught in the 3rd quarter I believe. The score wasn't a blowout, but it was a dominating win for ASU.

BDKJMU
September 16th, 2008, 11:29 AM
How else would you characterize a 21-10 win where JMU was never in the game and got stuffed by our defense all day long? You only scored a touchdown on a desperation heave that was caught in the 3rd quarter I believe. The score wasn't a blowout, but it was a dominating win for ASU.

Dude, lay down your crackpipe. Total offense for JMU that game was 337. For ASU was 236. ASU won, but how is only gaining 236 on offense and getting outgained by over a 100 yds a dominating win?

https://admin.xosn.com/fls/14400/stats/football/2006/appstate.htm

Black and Gold Express
September 16th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Take all the yards you want in between the 20's. When it matterd most, you were incapable of moving the ball into the end zone and gets you the short end of a 21-10 game, and yet another loss to ASU.

It was 21-3 at the half. I made a mistake, your TD pass (and one quarter of your entire passing yards for the game) came in the 4th quarter, not the 3rd. My apologies.

Oh, some other tidbits from the stats you posted:
ASU outrushed JMU with the same amount of attempts.
JMU completed 16 passes out of 27. ASU attempted 16 passes total.
ASU sacked Rascati 4 times.Coach Moore did what he always does, especially to teams that he's friends with the coach - he doesn't run up the score. ASU got a 21-3 lead and then sat on it for the second half, worrying more about the clock and defending JMU.

But make no mistake, you guys were never in the game after the first quarter. Well, apparently you thought you were, but that wasn't the case.

mcveyrl
September 16th, 2008, 02:41 PM
And, I was serious about the effects of a loss for JMU this time around. I don't pay attention to JMU unless we are playing them, but everything you read makes Matthews, the team, and the fans sound almost desperate to win this game. Sure seems like an awful lot to put into a Week 3 game. Wofford did that last year and pulled off the victory, so it has it's upside. But it has to have an equal downside. An ASU win, especially anything that could be looked at in a fashion similar to last year's game, could be devastating to their psyche as a whole I'd imagine.

If you read anything before the UMass game, you know that's not the case. It's an important game, but the conference is much more important. I wouldn't be surprised (although don't expect it) if MM reeled it in for this game if we get behind by a couple of scores.

For your sake, I hope you are. I've posted on here that Duke is a much improved team, but that has fallen on deaf ears. We also played like crap that game.

But you know that Duke fan won't care about any of that. If JMU pulls off the win, watching the Duke message board will be interesting.

But make no mistake, you guys were never in the game after the first quarter. Well, apparently you thought you were, but that wasn't the case.

I was at the game and concur. It was a snooze fest after the first 22 minutes.

Tribe4SF
September 16th, 2008, 02:47 PM
No kidding. You guys are starting to sound like Lou Holtz... "I don't see any way we can beat them". xlolx

Some of us learned directly from the Master!:o

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Don't you App and JMU fans have your own thread for this? xconfusedx xsmiley_wix

mcveyrl
September 16th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Don't you App and JMU fans have your own thread for this? xconfusedx xsmiley_wix

I rather do this on the CAA predictions thread than the SoCon predictions thread...

GeeWiz
September 16th, 2008, 03:35 PM
UNH 41 Albany 31 - I think this will be closer than some think as URI put up some points on UNH, but in the end the Wildcats have too much offense.
URI 28 Hofstra 24 - I was impressed with the "new" Rhody as they scored a lot vs. UNH and I see them pulling out a win down on the island.
Delaware 27 Furman 14 - The Blue Hens "D" hold the Palidans at bay with a solid road win.
Syracuse 35 NU 24 - As much as I would love to see NU put Greg Robinson and AD Daryl Gross out of their misery, I think the 'cuse holds off the Huskies.
Richmond 34 Maine 24 - The Spiders hold off the Dirty Cubs in a game that won't be that easy.
Villanova 44 Penn 17 - The Wildcats have way to much talent across the board for Penn.
Texas Tech 56 UMass 21 - The UMass defense won't know what hit them.
W&M 42 Norfolk State 17 - The Tribe continue to put up gaudy offensive numbers.
Coastal Carolina 35 Towson 31 - TU can't stop anyone on defense, including Costal on the road.
Appy State 44 JMU 35 - I see this as a shootout as JMU falls a little short. Too much Edwards.

EmeryZach
September 16th, 2008, 03:45 PM
UNH 38 - Albany 31
Hofstra 24 - URI 17
Del 42 - Furman 10
Syracuse 21 - NU 14
Richmond 42 - Maine 13
Nova 31 - Penn 7
Texas Tech 82 - UMass 14
W&M 27 - Norfolk St 3
Coastal 17 - Towson 14
JMU 38 - Appy 37

Black Saturday
September 16th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Dude, lay down your crackpipe. Total offense for JMU that game was 337. For ASU was 236. ASU won, but how is only gaining 236 on offense and getting outgained by over a 100 yds a dominating win?

You must learn that the only place that stats matters is on the scoreboard, we had to teach some other purple clad football team that over the last several years, even though they wanted to whine about leading in the stats.

BTW, the score in 2005 was pretty dominating considering we had our second string QB playing yall.

furman94
September 16th, 2008, 04:03 PM
UNH 38 - Albany 31
Hofstra 24 - URI 17
Del 42 - Furman 10
Syracuse 21 - NU 14
Richmond 42 - Maine 13
Nova 31 - Penn 7
Texas Tech 82 - UMass 14
W&M 27 - Norfolk St 3
Coastal 17 - Towson 14
JMU 38 - Appy 37

Wow! You must not know that Furman hasn't lost to an opponent by more than 10 at home since 2002! App State came in last year and beat to a 6-5 Furman by only 7.

PalStad isnt an easy road venue for any conference!

89Hen
September 16th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I rather do this on the CAA predictions thread than the SoCon predictions thread...
Why? Do you think we're going to come to your aid? After we owned the stat scoreboard in 2004 and you guys wouldn't let us have that victory... now the tide has turned here and the Dukes fans are trying to use that same arguement??? xnonox xsmiley_wix :p

th0m
September 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Why? Do you think we're going to come to your aid? After we owned the stat scoreboard in 2004 and you guys wouldn't let us have that victory... now the tide has turned here and the Dukes fans are trying to use that same arguement??? xnonox xsmiley_wix :p

Ah those were good times :D

19Duke97
September 16th, 2008, 04:22 PM

Not too sure about that... I guess we'll find out Saturday

UNHWildCats
September 16th, 2008, 04:25 PM
stat lines mean ****..... If someone told you Ricky Santos and UNH put up 631 yards on someone, you would guess they scored about 50 points. :(

Longhorn
September 16th, 2008, 07:13 PM

I believe ASU was also shut out in the second half in that game. The only score in the second half was on a beautiful pass from Rascati to LC Baker, who had beaten his ASU defender cleanly.

BDKJMU
September 16th, 2008, 11:41 PM
You must learn that the only place that stats matters is on the scoreboard, we had to teach some other purple clad football team that over the last several years, even though they wanted to whine about leading in the stats.

BTW, the score in 2005 was pretty dominating considering we had our second string QB playing yall.

I'm just saying. Anytime a team beats another team by 11 points even though they are outgained by over 100 yds any which way you could cut it under any scenario thats not a dominating win. A W, yes, which I know is basically all that matters. But a a dominating win, no.

BDKJMU
September 16th, 2008, 11:44 PM

Thats not the arguement. A W is a W. The point is just like when JMU beat UD in 04' by 7 it certainly wasn't a dominating win, neither was it when ASU beat JMU in 06' by 11. There was no garbage time scores.

89Hen
September 21st, 2008, 09:49 AM
Richmond 35 - Maine 14 (44-17) xthumbsupx
URI 38 - Hofstra 31 (20-23) xcoolx
Furman 28 - Delaware 24 (23-21) xthumbsupx
Appalachian State 42 - JMU 38 (32-35) xeyebrowx
UNH 42 - Albany 24 (32-24) xthumbsupx
Villanova 42 - Penn 38 (20-14) xcoffeex Honest to God I picked the score that high because of multi OT's
William & Mary 31 - Norfolk State 17 (42-12) xthumbsupx
Towson 24 - Coastal Carolina 20 (3-31) xoopsx
Texas Tech 55 - UMass 24 (56-14) xthumbsupx
Syracuse 35 - Northeastern 10 (30-21) xthumbsupx

Pretty darn close on some games.

BDKJMU
September 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
CAA Week 3 Predictions

JMU vs UMass - Game of the week. I'm standing by my earlier prediction of UMass winning 24 - 17. I'm still of the opinion UMass is too strong for JMU up front.

Now week 4:

Idiot...

GannonFan
September 21st, 2008, 08:40 PM
CAA Week 3 Predictions

Now week 4:

Idiot...

He's a nova fan, which means that's pretty much implied. xnodx

BDKJMU
September 21st, 2008, 09:49 PM
He's a nova fan, which means that's pretty much implied. xnodx

The overwhelming majority of CAA posters on the week 3 CAA picks picked JMU. Outside of the UMass fans only a few others picked UMass. None picked UMass by as much as 7 like he did.

Same with the week 4 CAA picks. Outiside of the JMU fans, majority picked JMU, some ASU, all picked a close one, (the most I saw from someone else was 9 points). He picked ASU by 18.

He's totally clueless, at least when it comes to JMU football.