TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Live stats...

http://www.nsudemons.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=20000&KEY=

Live audio...

http://radio.webstream.net/radio_player_large.cfm?stationCallSign=KPCH

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Quick work by the Demons. A 31 yard pass from Hundley to McKee with 12:06 in the first quarter gives the Demons a 7-0 lead over the Tigers...

J.P Tillman is 0 for 3 behind center for Grambling...

McNeese72
September 14th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Live stats...

http://www.nsudemons.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=20000&KEY=

Live audio...

http://www.amistadradiogroup.com/listen/ksyb.asx

Your live audio link goes to the Saints-Redskin game.

Doc

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Your live audio link goes to the Saints-Redskin game.

Darn -- was using the audio link from last week's Grambling game. NSUDemons.com has audio, but it's premium content. Not sure why a school would make their audio premium....

Try this Grambling link...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Special teams woes lead to a NWST score...10-0, 2:37 1st quarter.

McNeese72
September 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM
When you do the registration on the NSU website, one of the packages is free audio but I'm not sure it is free for football. I went ahead did the monthly subscription for about $8 so that I could listen to the game.

Doc

McNeese72
September 14th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Special teams woes lead to a NWST score...10-0, 2:37 1st quarter.

Was that a fake punt in their own territory by Grambling or was their a bad snap or something. I was distracted at the time and didn't quite hear what happened.

Doc

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Was that a fake punt in their own territory by Grambling or was their a bad snap or something. I was distracted at the time and didn't quite hear what happened.

According to a post on TSPN, "It was an option...the punter was to punt IF he didn't have the room to get the yardage."

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 02:41 PM
A Byron Lawrence fumble (an every game occurrence it seems) is returned for seven by Grambling. No first downs yet for the G-Men, who are getting absolutely no offensive production...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Demons on the cusp of getting into the end zone once more...

Grambling broadcasters talked about their guys having all sorts of fatigue at this point in the game...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Holding, NWST. Took away a touchdown for the Demons...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM
TD, Demons... 17-7, 8:26 2Q.

McNeese72
September 14th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Well, the premium audio from the NSU website works great.

But they definitely need to work on their video feed. Very disjointed and is on and off and no audio at all with the video.

Doc

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 03:00 PM
But they definitely need to work on their video feed. Very disjointed and is on and off and no audio at all with the video.

Probably a lack of resources and a not so veteran guy working it. Lots of schools in the conference need to upgrade their premium video feed...

They should have the audio laid over it, it's not hard. Just an XLR into the camera.

NSUDemon98
September 14th, 2008, 03:00 PM
When you do the registration on the NSU website, one of the packages is free audio but I'm not sure it is free for football. I went ahead did the monthly subscription for about $8 so that I could listen to the game.

Doc

Doc, not sure what the problem is with the audio...it is free and all you need to do is register. It isn't working right for me either but worked just fine for the Baylor game.

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Switched to NWST audio feed -- sounds pretty good. Much clearer than the audio feed that I was getting from Grambling...

G-Men are making a drive right now into NSU red zone...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Grambling attempting one last try to get into the end zone before the half...they got it at the 11 yard line with 20 seconds remaining...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Grambling TD.

NSU 17-14 Grambling going into the half more than likely...wait, XP blocked, 17-13.

NSUDemon98
September 14th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Grambling TD.

NSU 17-14 Grambling going into the half more than likely...wait, XP blocked, 17-13.

Piss poor coaching and clock management on the part of the NSU coaching staff.

With :56 seconds we obviously are gonna attempt to either get a TD or a FG to end the half...only we go 3-and-out and after a piss poor punt Grambling gets the ball at mid-field and drive down to score a TD right before halftime...and they also get the momentum and football to start the 2nd half.

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 03:59 PM
NWST 17
Gram 13

3:00 3rd Quarter

Demons are striking now and making a move on Grambling, Hundley was just intercepted and Grambling takes over possession...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:05 PM
End of 3rd quarter...17-13 still in favor of Demons

Grambling now in red zone when fourth quarter kicks off...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Demons hold off Grambling on back to back plays from right up on the goal line...can they do it one more time? Batted away...Demons with an impressive defensive stand.

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:10 PM
From the one...Grambling jumps offsides and gives the Demons a five-yard pass. Demons now at the six yard line...

JohnStOnge
September 14th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I'm impressed with the sportsmanship shown by the Grambling radio team. Nothing but giving credit to Northwestern State for the goal line stand. Not criticizing Grambling, questioning the play calling, anything like that. Just "All you can say is that was a hell of a defensive play by the Northwestern State Demons."

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Demons are going to have gain some more ground here, take away as much clock as possible and make Grambling have to work as much field as possible to win this one...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:17 PM
NWST first down and Grambling throws down NSU's Varnado by the facemask to make it a 15 yard addition for the Demons...that hurts for the G-Men.

GSUperTiger
September 14th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I'm impressed with the sportsmanship shown by the Grambling radio team. Nothing but giving credit to Northwestern State for the goal line stand. Not criticizing Grambling, questioning the play calling, anything like that. Just "All you can say is that was a hell of a defensive play by the Northwestern State Demons."

This is the Grambling way trickled down from the Legend Eddie Rob, we have the greatest humility in win and defeat.

Syntax Error
September 14th, 2008, 04:19 PM
17-13 NWST leads Gram with 7 minutes left

listen link again:

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Demons at G37. They've turned the field...SWAC crew is messing with the spot of the football per the Demons broadcast.

1st and 10 -- Grambling gets in backfield and TFL

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Hundley picks up a few yards...it's going to be 3rd and 7 inside G34. Gotta go for it on fourth if that happens. Kick is too far...timeout, Grambling.

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:24 PM
On 3rd and 7...blitz comes, Hundley runs...and he picks up the first down at the G23! 11 yard run...Demons get a crucial new set of downs...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:26 PM
TOUCHDOWN!

Demons have iced the game -- 23-13, 3 mins to go...PAT pending.

Syntax Error
September 14th, 2008, 04:26 PM
24-13 now as NWST scores

McNeese75
September 14th, 2008, 04:27 PM
The Demon's need to settle down and take care of business. If not, it is going to be a loooooooooooooong year for them in the SLC

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Nice return Grambling -- 51 yard return. Game is not over yet...down 11 with 2:50 to go...

Syntax Error
September 14th, 2008, 04:29 PM
TD Gram

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Grambling gets a HUGE catch! 38 yard grab and Grambling is right where they need to be to get in the end zone...at the ONE yard line!

TOUCHDOWN! Wow -- two plays to get into the end zone, 17 seconds...

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Grambling going for two points...lots of guys coming and going, a wasted timeout. What a mess...got to have the right personnel in for that one. No more timeouts for the G-Men.

Syntax Error
September 14th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Go for two is no good, NWST leads Gram 24-19, icing the game doesn't always work in LA heat

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:32 PM
And two-point conversion FAILS. 24-19, 2:33 LEFT.

Demons get ready for the onside!

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Go for two is no good, NWST leads Gram 24-19, icing the game doesn't always work in LA heat

A little too hot...too bad SLC TV couldn't cover this, it's been an entertaining finish! xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
September 14th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Gram needs a miracle but NWST can run out the clock

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:34 PM
NWST gets onside kick.

Handoff and Demons get the first down, 17 yard run...out of bounds though. Late flag flying...personal foul to both teams. Play stands -- FIRST DOWN, DEMONS at 22 yard line.

Syntax Error
September 14th, 2008, 04:36 PM
NWST at the Gram 14 with a minute left

Syntax Error
tick tick tick

Syntax Error
Griffin runs it in for NWST---- TD

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:37 PM
TOUCHDOWN, DEMONS!

Didn't kneel on it and ran a 14 yard score in -- go DEMONS!

Syntax Error
September 14th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Gram trailing NWST 31-19 with 29 seconds left

Syntax Error
September 14th, 2008, 04:41 PM
FINAL

Northwestern State 31
Grambling State 19

McNeese75
September 14th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Good win by the Demons

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:42 PM
FYI -- Grambling did not convert a third down the whole game according to the Demons broadcasters.

Where does this put the Demons in the SLC? I still am not impressed by their offense at this time, too spotty for me. I think Stoker needed this win...BAD.

NSUDemon98
September 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM
FYI -- Grambling did not convert a third down the whole game according to the Demons broadcasters.

Where does this put the Demons in the SLC? I still am not impressed by their offense at this time, too spotty for me. I think Stoker needed this win...BAD.

I agree on both points...our running game was suppose to be the strength of our offense with everyone returning and getting the Griffin kid from LaTech. But I think that turnover in the OL isn't really helping their cause as of now.

Offense is too hit and miss right now...offensive line turnover, QB didn't play but maybe a couple of snaps last year and is still getting the rust off, top WR has been out since Game 1. Today we had too true freshmen in at OL b/c of injuries. Hopefully we will improve with every game.

And yes, Stoker needed this one in a BAD way. However the degree of difficulty will be greatly increased next weekend against Cal Poly.

Lionsrking
September 14th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Good win for the Demons...I don't think it says much one way or the other as to where they stand in the SLC...the conference season will take on a life of its own and they'll be in the middle of things like they usually are.

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 04:48 PM
On TSPN, there is some talk that the Demons are one of the better teams in the SLC. I just can not make myself agree...

I just do not think that I would put them in my top four heading into this year and as you will agree with me NSUDemon98, the offense is questionable at best. Lawrence, what's the deal there? Three fumbles in three weeks. He's too crucial to the Demons game, just like Jay Lucas is to the Lions...even with Griffin for the Demons.

Cal Poly is going to be another huge contest. Four SLC road games this year for the Demons, a long road ahead...

Lionsrking
September 14th, 2008, 04:59 PM
On TSPN, there is some talk that the Demons are one of the better teams in the SLC. I just can not make myself agree...

Why aren't they? Truth be told, outside of McNeese and SFA (high end/low end) there isn't much difference between the rest of us and you can almost flip a coin from week to week...I personally wouldn't pick them to finish in the upper half but I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if they did...no order of finish would surprise me outside of who finishes first or last.

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I agree that there is not much difference, but with the intangibles, I favor McNeese, UCA, Sam Houston State and Nicholls State over the Demons.

Would be willing to put the Bobcats or Lions ahead of the Demons as well, but each has a huge question mark that has thus far stunted those team's ability to show me that they can be consistent...

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Just got back from the game and BOY do we need work....

A) The turnovers have got to stop....Another fumble returned for a TD....an INT where Everyone is STILL wondering why our QB tried to fit a 5 yard pass in TRIPLE Coverage....
B) We gave up the big play waaaaaaaay to much (Mostly from blitzing)...When Grambling adjusted...they basically did whatever they pleased.....Then when we scored and the game should have been all but over and we let Grambling back in it 2 plays later....
C) That was the world's worst call Grambling made on 4th and goal from the one....You got to the one RUNNING the ball....So lets try and THROW a little swing pass to get it batted down at the line of Scrimmage....Or better yet....Lets run a fake Punt from your OWN 20 yard line (Thanks for the 3 points but I'm STILL xsmhx on that one)....

We're lucky to have won that game due to the Run game when Grambling's D wore down.....If we play Cal-Poly like this.....WE WILL GET MURKED!!!!!

Thank the lord Grambling didn't have a good Punter / Kicker....

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 14th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I agree that there is not much difference, but with the intangibles, I favor McNeese, UCA, Sam Houston State and Nicholls State over the Demons.

Would be willing to put the Bobcats or Lions ahead of the Demons as well, but each has a huge question mark that has thus far stunted those team's ability to show me that they can be consistent...

Can yall throw Deep :D ....

If so...We're in trouble...

NSUDemon98
September 14th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Can yall throw Deep :D ....

If so...We're in trouble...

You got that right...our secondary has been torched numerous times already...and the season is still young xsmhx

mikebigg
September 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Congrats Demons... not making excuses but we are not ready yet on the offensive line. That was evident by not being able to get anything on two running plays from the one. I don't question the pass, but it wouldn't have been a swing pass on 4th down. Inexperience by offensive line showed on that play... that DE should have been cut down. How did he know it was a pass?... most likely the frosh linemen set up to pass block and tipped it off. 3 true freshmen and 1 redshirt freshmen starts on the O-line. They need weight room time.

Props to the Demons... see ya next year!

TexasTerror
September 15th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Props to the Demons... see ya next year!

Home-and-home? Got a date for the contest for Northwestern State v Grambling?

I am showing their OOC as...and I do not think they'd do three away and one home in 2009.

NORTHWESTERN STATE
9-5...at Cal Poly
9-12...TBA
9-19...NORTH DAKOTA
9-26...at Baylor

mikebigg
September 16th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Home-and-home? Got a date for the contest for Northwestern State v Grambling?

I am showing their OOC as...and I do not think they'd do three away and one home in 2009.

NORTHWESTERN STATE
9-5...at Cal Poly
9-12...TBA
9-19...NORTH DAKOTA
9-26...at Baylor

It was a two year deal...home and home. I don't know when they are due to come to Grambling, but they are on our schedule for next year. We are looking forward to it... there was a nice turnout by the Grambling fans so hopefully they will return the favor.

It's very important that they come because one of the "reasons" given for not playing the SLC schools is that their fans don't return the favor. I'm in favor of Grambling playing at least 1 (in addition to Southern) La based school each year. The Southland Conference gives us a good pool of state school opponents to choose from. Our student bodies need to learn to interact.

Sonic98
September 16th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Grambling was somewhat competitive in that game. I think their team has some potential. They can be competitive because they play a couple games like this every season. The rest of the conference should follow their example.

TexasTerror
September 17th, 2008, 07:54 AM
It was a two year deal...home and home. I don't know when they are due to come to Grambling, but they are on our schedule for next year. We are looking forward to it... there was a nice turnout by the Grambling fans so hopefully they will return the favor.

I'll see if I can get confirmation on that front. I'd be surprised to see it in 2009 -- because that would be a rough as heck schedule for Stoker, who could still be on the hot seat if he's around or for a new coach.

It's very important that they come because one of the "reasons" given for not playing the SLC schools is that their fans don't return the favor. I'm in favor of Grambling playing at least 1 (in addition to Southern) La based school each year. The Southland Conference gives us a good pool of state school opponents to choose from. Our student bodies need to learn to interact.

It'd be great to see some more SLC-SWAC match-ups. The schools within each state that shares a state with a SWAC (or SLC) school need to take advantage of that. It's the price of collegiate athletics. These are cheap trips and should help both schools financially in saving some money...

SwacFans
September 17th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I'll see if I can get confirmation on that front. I'd be surprised to see it in 2009 -- because that would be a rough as heck schedule for Stoker, who could still be on the hot seat if he's around or for a new coach.

It'd be great to see some more SLC-SWAC match-ups. The schools within each state that shares a state with a SWAC (or SLC) school need to take advantage of that. It's the price of collegiate athletics. These are cheap trips and should help both schools financially in saving some money...

You know I think JSU has this same tea m on schedule but took them off for the Stillman game or at least it was on the early projected schedule. When I found out, trust me I was pissed. I think too many in the SWAC are scared to play non-conference games against teams other than TnSU or the MEAC because they're worried about fan attendance. But there are 2 or 3 teams in the conference that people are going to go to the games no matter who they're playing.

SandMountainDemon
September 18th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Northwestern State goes to Grambling on September 12 next season.

Sonic98
September 18th, 2008, 02:24 PM
This is the Grambling way trickled down from the Legend Eddie Rob, we have the greatest humility in win and defeat.

I don't know if I can completely agree with that. Maybe in this instance this is true, but I've known JSU alumni and fans to be some of the most arrogant and annoying people I've met. No offense.

mikebigg
September 18th, 2008, 03:54 PM

A smart thing would be to do a home and home then third year play a neutral site game in Shreveport. Give both schools an allotment of tickets (25k each) and split the expenses 50-50.