PDA

View Full Version : The Official WTF is goin on in the A10 thread

TigerFan17
October 30th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Nova...and the spiders victorious!? As a fellow underdog I celebrate it, but jesus christ, what is goin on in this conference?!!?!

charliej
October 30th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Hey you guys have been here a year & a half now...get used to it. :D
Any Given Saturday you know.

FTR,I expected Richmond to win against JMU.(or play them real close),but even I was pleasantly surprised by Nova tonight. Looking forward to doing it again next week. ;)

DTSpider
October 30th, 2005, 07:41 AM
This thing tends to happen every year in the A10. For a while I think that a team picked preseason to finish below 6th tied for share of the conference title each year (maybe 98 through 03).

UNHWildCats
October 30th, 2005, 07:46 AM
This thing tends to happen every year in the A10. For a while I think that a team picked preseason to finish below 6th tied for share of the conference title each year (maybe 98 through 03).

Ain't no sharing this year UNH all the way!

Tribe4SF
October 30th, 2005, 07:50 AM

Careful, you're sounding like umassfan! :eek:

dwtime
October 30th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Careful, you're sounding like umassfan! :eek:

I agree with you Tribe and I'm a UNH fan. :rolleyes:

umassfan
October 30th, 2005, 12:40 PM
If UMass wins vs delaware and hofstra you share if you like it or not... you may win the auto bid due to the tiebreaker but still Co champs buddy.

mainejeff
October 30th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Maybe in the record books and in your own mind, but UNH beat you on the field buddy.....ain't no sugarcoating that.

DTSpider
October 30th, 2005, 01:44 PM
If UMass wins vs delaware and hofstra you share if you like it or not... you may win the auto bid due to the tiebreaker but still Co champs buddy.

Same goes if Richmond can win out.

rcny46
October 30th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Same goes if Richmond can win out.

How would the auto bid be determined if UNH and Richmond run the table,and end up with one conference loss each?

89Hen
October 30th, 2005, 07:40 PM
How would the auto bid be determined if UNH and Richmond run the table,and end up with one conference loss each?
There's a long list of tiebreakers. If teams don't play each other head to head I think the next one is how they did against common opponents in the A10.

blur2005
October 30th, 2005, 08:32 PM
There's a long list of tiebreakers. If teams don't play each other head to head I think the next one is how they did against common opponents in the A10.
If they both win out, it'll have to be the next tiebreaker, because both of them will have lost to a team the other beat. UNH beat UMass, while UR lost to the Minutemen. Richmond will have beaten W&M, while UNH will have lost to the Tribe.

charliej
October 30th, 2005, 11:23 PM
If they both win out, it'll have to be the next tiebreaker, because both of them will have lost to a team the other beat. UNH beat UMass, while UR lost to the Minutemen. Richmond will have beaten W&M, while UNH will have lost to the Tribe.

If that were the case,I think UNH would win on the point system.

GannonFan
October 31st, 2005, 07:56 AM
Hey, overall it's not a very good conference this year - very few good OOC wins and since the league is always deep, the lack of a handful of really good teams (UNH is probably the only one to stand out) means that the Any Given Saturday mantra is even truer this year. There appears to be a fair amount of youth in the conference so maybe next year there'll be more than just UNH that rises over the rest and is a legit national power.

wildcat2
October 31st, 2005, 09:37 AM
UNH takes them one at a time. This week we look at Hofstra. Started yesterday when UMASS was in the ice bath.

FightinBluHen51
October 31st, 2005, 09:46 AM
Yep, thanks to good old Linda! :rolleyes:

HensRock
October 31st, 2005, 10:25 AM
Nova...and the spiders victorious!? As a fellow underdog I celebrate it, but **** ****, what is goin on in this conference?!!?!

Welcome to the A-10.
:nod: