PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 Biggest Surprises

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Ok well its about in the books for week 3. What or who are your biggest surprises from week 3?

BeauFoster
September 14th, 2008, 08:32 AM
The lack of ASU threads??? xrotatehx

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Gustav/Ike. First, I did not think that Gustav would impair Nicholls State as much as it did nor did I think that Ike would impact the SLC as much as it did.

Texas Southern. Won a game, albeit against an 0-3 and Div II Shaw squad. Bobby Reid showed some signs of life in the game.

appfan2008
September 14th, 2008, 09:05 AM
ndsu losing to wyoming... i didnt see that coming...

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2008, 09:21 AM

Yeah you and me both. That was an ugly game for NDSU. Defensively we played fairly well with the exception of some big missed assingments in the second half. Offensively the second half for NDSU was terrible. If you ask any NDSU fan about it the truth is we beat ourselves. With that being said a #1 team doesn't do that which is why I didn't have NDSU at #1. Offensively can't really point the finger at any one player but moreso as it should be a team loss. I'm never happy with an NDSU loss but if we were to lose one this was the one. Personally I think we are the better team but what counts is the scoreboard and we fell short. Hopefully the players remember that feeling and don't let it happen again. I was going to put NDSU down as the biggest surprise but that sounded to homerish but I didn't see that one coming either.

Cap'n Cat
September 14th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Youngstown State won a game!!!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

RabidRabbit
September 14th, 2008, 09:24 AM

Our expectations of top FCS has reached a level where we EXPECT that top FCS teams will beat middle of pack/non-BCS conference FBS teams. The NDSU/Wyo game fit that bill. Winning at 7200 ft MSL, without star running back at full steam is tough.

But, 08, the Bison needed that premier win to retain/go to #1, as the rest of their OOC hasn't been challenging. Now into the Valley for the rest of their games.xoopsx

ChickenMan
September 14th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Northeastern playing well enough to win at GSU and URI's new offense (without their top player) putting up 43 points on UNH.

kalm
September 14th, 2008, 09:43 AM
The Griz scoring in the high forties. Are you guys opening up the playbook a little?

Nebuta
September 14th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Northeastern playing well enough to win at GSU and URI's new offense (without their top player) putting up 43 points on UNH.

Totally agree. Northeastern playing well and GSU escaping with a victory.
URI putting up that many points on UNH was a shocker as well.

ERASU2113
September 14th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Youngstown State won a game!!!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

I had to stop from reading and agree with this one xnodx xnodx xnodx

Biggest win of the week perhaps? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

BEAR
September 14th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Listening to the tornado sirens, feeling the air strike an eerily calm, and hearing UAPB leading UCA in the second quarter...UAPB did very well for an 0-2 team! If Coleman can get some team chemistry..look out SWAC! xthumbsupx

AZGrizFan
September 14th, 2008, 10:22 AM
The Griz scoring in the high forties. Are you guys opening up the playbook a little?

Or, put another way, that the Griz actually put AWAY an opponent they had on the ropes.

They scored 46 because the starting QB got hurt, and the replacement can actually throw a forward pass. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

saccat
September 14th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Or, put another way, that the Griz actually put AWAY an opponent they had on the ropes.

They scored 46 because the starting QB got hurt, and the replacement can actually throw a forward pass. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

I agree all that POS berquist did was go 11-0 last year before losing in the first round when you were out coached...What a bumb that KID is.

CSUBUCDAD
September 14th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Seeing Chuck South finish what was without a doubt the most brutal opening three game run of the programs existence and come out with no major injuries. That was what scared me more than anything when that schedule came out but the new strength and conditioning coach obviously has the boys in top notch shape for the season.

terrierbob
September 14th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Elon's dismantling of PC. Scary.

furman94
September 14th, 2008, 01:05 PM
GSU loss scare
NDSU loss to Wyoming
Lack of App vs University of Open threads!
UD alowing 20 points from West Chester
Furman beating Colgate!! (we never do well up north...)

ChickenMan
September 14th, 2008, 01:21 PM
GSU loss scare
NDSU loss to Wyoming
Lack of App vs University of Open threads!
UD alowing 20 points from West Chester
Furman beating Colgate!! (we never do well up north...)

UD was up 34-6 at the half and it would have been very ugly if Keeler had not pretty much just ran the football the entire 2d half. Also.. West Chester's last two TDs were NOT vs the same starting defensive players that FU will see next week.

Chi Panther
September 14th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I have a ton of respect for NDSU...but them losing is not a surprise.xnonono2x

War Memorial stadium elevation is 7200 feet. If you have not been there...its in the middle of nowhere.

I think the teams have even talent...but home field was worth 3points minimum.

Regardless....good showing by NDSU.xthumbsupx

uofmman1122
September 14th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I agree all that POS berquist did was go 11-0 last year before losing in the first round when you were out coached...What a bumb that KID is.Overall, I think Selle looked better yesterday. Bergquist was pretty weak in the first quarter.

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2008, 02:45 PM
UD was up 34-6 at the half and it would have been very ugly if Keeler had not pretty much just ran the football the entire 2d half. Also.. West Chester's last two TDs were NOT vs the same starting defensive players that FU will see next week.

You are correct, sir, but the demanding News Urinal headline writers noted Keeler's concern with the UD secondary!xrolleyesx

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM
You are correct, sir, but the demanding News Urinal headline writers noted Keeler's concern with the UD secondary!xrolleyesx

Can we see a copy of this paper???xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Oh wait i think I already have one at work in the John :D

Nebuta
September 14th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Elon's dismantling of PC. Scary.

Scary thing is Elon got dismantled by Richmond. xsmhx