PDA

View Full Version : Delaware State-Kent State game review

DSUrocks07
September 13th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Kent St. 24, Delaware St. 3 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282572309)

Associated Press

KENT, Ohio -- Julian Edelman, Leneric Muldrow and Andre Flowers each ran for a touchdown to lead Kent State past Delaware State 24-3 on Saturday.

Edelman carried 11 times for 71 yards including a 7-yard score, Muldrow scored on a 31-yard play the only time he ran it and Flowers counted a 5-yard touchdown run among his 17 carries for 54 yards for the Golden Flashes (1-2). Nate Breed added a 43-yard field goal.

Riley Flickinger's 23-yard field goal provided the points for Delaware State (1-1).

Kent State had a 215-99 advantage in rushing yardage and each one of their touchdown drives covered at least 62 yards.

The Golden Flashes' defense harassed Hornets quarterback Anthony Glaud, sacking him four times for 27 yards in losses. Glaud completed 24-of-39 passes for 247 yards with an interception.

Edelman completed 10-of-20 passes for 113 yards with two interceptions, with Anthony Magazu hitting 3-of-5 for 65 yards.

From looking at the game stats, Kent State's rushing attack hurt us bad but outside of those three scoring drives by the GFs I felt that we played pretty well. Moved the ball good against them, won the TOP battle, more passing yards. Futility on third down (4 for 16) and costly penalties (8 for 70 yards) kept us out of the endzone. Strother only had 11 touches so he didn't take much of a pounding, but its seems that hes going to be the starting back this year, K. Jones on the bench again xnonono2x. With the sophomore Glaud getting some PT in this game, from looking at the stat sheet, he could be the future pocket passer that this offense needs to run effectively, we have some good receivers at DSU and Winton needs to find them more often xnodx . I'm looking for more of a two-QB system as the season moves along. Miss opportunity for us to really make a statement with this game, but with our performance today and our bye week coming up I feel that we'll do real well in the MEAC this year. xthumbsupx

NOW ON TO DIRECTIONAL CONNECTICUT STATE xlolx xlolx xlolx