PDA

View Full Version : Nova overwhelms Tribe.

Tribe4SF
October 29th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Pitiful performance from the Tribe offense tonight. Even Greg Kuehn was off. Darrel Adams was unstoppable, and Tribe never found any offensive rythm. Worst game I've seen from a Tribe O-line in quite awhile.

Hats off to Nova. They played well on both sides of the ball. They sure didn't look like the team I saw play UNH.

Tribe must now win out to have any chance. Bad part is, if we do get in, we'll have to go on the road. :eek:

spdram
October 29th, 2005, 08:48 PM
It didn't stop JMU last year, but of course anyone wants to be home as long as possible.

JMU2004
October 29th, 2005, 08:49 PM
nobody in the A-10 south is going far this year......just a fact

Tribe4SF
October 29th, 2005, 08:49 PM
I was alluding to our quality of play on the road this year.

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 08:51 PM
glad I am not the only one who thinks that

mainejeff
October 29th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Guess that there weren't any hurricanes today in Philadelphia.

Spider
October 29th, 2005, 09:11 PM
nobody except the Spidahs........

Catsfan
October 29th, 2005, 11:37 PM
The W&M O line did play poorly in the first half -- better in the 2nd. But the real story was dropped passes. W&M had at least a dozen--some misses and many where the receiver couldn't hold the ball when hit. Nichols had an especially tough night, dropped at least 6.

charliej
October 29th, 2005, 11:40 PM
I've gotta say,this is the best game Nova has played all year, maybe two. It was definately the hardest hitting.The D stepped up real well giving up only one TD all night.They did have some help however,Tribe had a few of balls dropped that should have been caught.

The O line played better than they have as well.I think we wound up with just over 500 yds, close to 200 on the ground. It really was a complete game.Had they played like this all year,I'm sure they could be 6-2 right now,maybe 7-1.

The one thing that bothers me was the play call in the final minutes.2:05 left in the game,Nova had a 3rd & 4 from inside the tribe 20, up by 14.We all think run a play & try for the FG if you don't make the first down. Instead of running,they try a pass where the QB & WR are DEFINATELY on different pages.Tribe picks off the pass & runs it back 90+ yds for a TD. :eek: Now they're right back in the game with just under 2 minutes to play!!

Fortunately the kids were able to bail out the coaching staff and get the win.

ChickenMan
October 30th, 2005, 05:05 AM
http://www.aallnet.org/chapter/llne/LLNENews/v22n2/duncecap.jpg

special delivery for Mr Talley... :p

Tribe4SF
October 30th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I have to say, that call was rather surprising. On the onside kick, the Tribe almost got it before it went out of bounds. Talley could have been in a real mess if that game had turned out differently.