PDA

View Full Version : Any 8-3 teams in danger of NOT making the playoffs?

mainejeff
October 29th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Excluding non-scholarship teams? Hmmm?

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I think this could be trouble. Nicholls St leads Texas State right now. A loss would drop them to 6-2.

They have two wins over Div II opponents. Another loss (they conclude with McNeese, SFA and SHSU) and they would not have seven Division I wins. McNeese is 2-1 in SLC. Nicholls would be 2-1 as would TxSt and NW State. Could be a mess...

I think an 8-3 Texas St team does NOT make the playoffs unless they win the conference...

mainejeff
October 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM
And who goes in their place?......a 7-4 team?

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 08:56 PM
I think the SLC may be a one-bid team this year and also keep in mind NCAA may have to make an exception for those schools which had cancellations (SLC was impacted the most)...

Tiebreakers are:
1) head to head
2) longest time since I-AA playoff appearance (if multiple champs)

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 08:58 PM

Even if Tx State loses this game, they should finish 9-2. They will be in the playoffs.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Even if Tx State loses this game, they should finish 9-2. They will be in the playoffs.

McNeese is a trouble game for the Cats. Both teams will be ready and that could be one helluva game...

And SHSU, well I'd like to think we have a chance...I'd like to think that...

SFA, well that team isn't looking so hot whether it in Nacogdoches or on the road. You'd think they'd have one big game in them. That's a TV game, but then again...so was the Kats-Jacks game...

colgate13
October 29th, 2005, 10:27 PM
The PL could have two 8-3 teams not getting the autobid. We'll see what happens, but I'm more optimistic today then I was yesterday that there could be an at-large from the PL.

lugo02
October 29th, 2005, 10:32 PM
I think this could be trouble. Nicholls St leads Texas State right now. A loss would drop them to 6-2.

They have two wins over Div II opponents. Another loss (they conclude with McNeese, SFA and SHSU) and they would not have seven Division I wins. McNeese is 2-1 in SLC. Nicholls would be 2-1 as would TxSt and NW State. Could be a mess...

I think an 8-3 Texas St team does NOT make the playoffs unless they win the conference...

I would say you are Correct.

lugo02
October 29th, 2005, 10:35 PM
If that 7-4 Team have 7 D-I wins why not.
As of today TxSt only have 4 D-I wins and an 8-3 TxSt would only have 6 D-I wins