PDA

View Full Version : Tx State-Nicholls St

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Nicholls St 7
Tx State 0

2nd quarter.

Could be 10-0 if Tx State had not blocked a FG attempt in the 1st quarter.

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 07:21 PM
its tough to win down on the Bayou

beerkat
October 29th, 2005, 07:38 PM
14-0 Colonels

hahahahaha

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Nicholls St 14
Tx State 7

halftime

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 07:42 PM
its tough to win down on the Bayou

It is definitely a tough place to play.

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 08:13 PM
After a Tx State turnover, Nicholls St scores a td. Missed XP.

Nicholls St 20
Tx State 7

3rd quarter.

Upset in the making in Bayou Country?

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 08:14 PM
After a Tx State turnover, Nicholls St scores a td. Missed XP.

Nicholls St 20
Tx State 7

3rd quarter.

Upset in the making in Bayou Country?
They pounded NW St and EWU (both playoff teams) last year at home, wouldn't surprise me.

yosefcity
October 29th, 2005, 08:17 PM
GO NICHOLLS!!!

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Nicholls is tough stuff down in Thibodaux. This is the 'Battle for the Paddle'...

If the Cats lose, they'll have to paddle their way back. A loss here could really dampen their top four seed that they desire...

Another Cats loss would put them at the less than seven Div I wins that they need..

But, we're thinking too soon...too early for us to jump to conclusions. Only the third quarter...

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Nicholls St intercepts a pass as Tx State is driving to score. :eek:

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Nealy just got picked off on a 3rd down...Nicholls in Bobcats' territory...

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 08:32 PM
TOUCHDOWN! Yale Vannoy! 2:43 left in the 3rd!

Nicholls State goes for two...no good, 26-7 Nicholls

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 08:32 PM
2:43 in the 3rd, Nicholls St scores, 2pt conversion fails.

Nicholls St 26
Tx State 7

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Nicholls is gonna be tough to come back against since they have such an effective run...

This is not Eastern Washington. The Cats do not have a guy named Long nor one named Cartwright or definitely no Mathenia...

Nicholls can run the ball and maintain the possession for long drives...

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 08:53 PM
26-14...

13:40 left in the ball game

Nicholls on top...

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Bobcats have a fourth down. Delay of game on the Cats. Couldn't draw the Colonels offsides. 4th and 11. 8:21 left. Cats are gonna have to punt from the T35 to Nicholls. And they do to deep in Nicholls territory...

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Nicholls punts off to the 'Cats...

Cats get it at the N34...

GrizSweeper
October 29th, 2005, 09:11 PM
whats Nicholls record, do they still have a shot at the playoffs?

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:13 PM

1-1 in SLC, 2-3 overall...and they're in trouble...Bobcats inside the Colonels red-zone...

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Nicholls 26-21 Tex St, 5:04 4Q

Hansel
best they can go is 10-3 with only 6 DI wins

GrizSweeper
what happened to your bearkats, they were really tough last year but im not hearing much from them anymore

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Touchdown bobcats. getting interesting now

Nicholls St 26
Tx State 21

5:04 in 4th

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 09:16 PM
gotta radio link, I may have to listen for a bit

JohnStOnge
October 29th, 2005, 09:18 PM

We'll see if they hang on. But, though they are 2-3, they have a shot at the playoffs because they control their own destiny in conference. Their one conference loss was to SFA and SFA has two losses. If they get by TSU they'll be in good shape because they'll have beaten the conference's best team and they've always given Northwestern State fits.

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 09:18 PM
what happened to your bearkats, they were really tough last year but im not hearing much from them anymore

Don't ask. Go to our message board and you will learn all you want to know.

http://www.katfans.com

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 09:20 PM
gotta radio link, I may have to listen for a bit

www.kbze.com

JohnStOnge
October 29th, 2005, 09:22 PM

They made an ubelievable number of mistakes today. They were leading 14-9 just before halftime...like 30 seconds left. They threw an interception that was returned for a TD. Then they fumbled the kickoff and McNeese got another TD off that so it was 21-14 at half.

One of the weirdest 21-14 scores ever. Sam's 14 were a safety and two TDs with missed PATs while McNeese's was three field goals, two TDs, and two missed PATs.

McNeese has been awful. The Cowboys have yet to reach 100 yards rushing in any conference game. Every conference opponent has outgained McNeese and had more first downs. McNeese has had 9 turnovers and 33 penalties in three conference matchups.

But the Cowboys are still 2-1 and control their own destiny.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Colonels return to N23. Morgan to the N25. 2nd and 8. Nicholls to the N28. 3rd and 5. Nicholls put down a yard short. 4th and a long one. 3:12 left from the N32. Turnover on downs...Nicholls gives it away. Holy cow...

26-21, about 3 minutes left, Nicholls up

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Nealy incomplete on firstdown from N32. Nealy runs to the N23. Nine yard pickup. 3rd and 1. Jolly runs in for the touchdown...

Nicholls blew it.

Nealy gets the 2 pt conversion. 29-26 Bobcats...

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 09:24 PM
tuned in at the wrong time, Tx St scores

siugrad99
October 29th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Is this saying TSU is that good, or they are that bad and got scared with a comfortable lead.

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Nicholls St 26
Tx State 29

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Is this saying TSU is that good, or they are that bad and got scared with a comfortable lead.
I think TSU is real good.

beerkat
October 29th, 2005, 09:29 PM
they have a senior heavy team in a down year for the rest of the SLC

they might win a playoff game at home, then will get rolled by Montana or somebody on the road

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Nicholls runs to the N47. First down. Under two minutes, no timeouts. Incomplete pass. Another incomplete pass. Vannoy completes pass to the T40. First down. 1:33 left

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Vannoy incomplete pass. Penalties on the play. Holding. Automatic first down. T30. 1:26 left.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Vannoy complete to T26. 1:07...tick tock tick tock...flags on the play. Nicholls got a TD, waved off...encroachment. 2nd and 1...T21

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Nicholls State is driving. At the TSU 20.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Four more seconds added to clock. 59 seconds left. First down, runs out at the T17...

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 09:34 PM
First down NSU at the 17 50 secs to go

TexasTerror
Down to the T7...measurement!

43 seconds!

An inch short of first down.

Hansel
NSU at the 7.... bring out the chains

kats89
At the TSU 7 now.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Vannoy runs option...pitches to Morgan, first down...inside the T5!

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 09:36 PM
NSU inside the 5 first down 29 secs to go

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2005, 09:37 PM
FG try...3 seconds left

Hansel
poor clock management by the colonels, fg upcoming

TexasTerror
TIED! 29-29! We're heading to OT!

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 09:38 PM
poor clock management by the colonels, fg upcoming

They had no timeouts. It is ok. Score is tied now going to OT.

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 09:39 PM
should have spiked it after the first down inside the five, and then tried a couple of passes..... IMO :)

GrizSweeper
October 29th, 2005, 09:40 PM
wow great game

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 09:46 PM
TSU fumbles on their opening possession, nicholls just needs to score to win

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 09:47 PM
unbelievable, the Bobcats fumble the ball.

beerkat
October 29th, 2005, 09:48 PM
the fat lady is clearing her throat

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 09:49 PM
2nd down for Nicholls at the TSU 9

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 09:50 PM
4th down Nicholls lining up for a game winning 27 yard FG

Hansel
October 29th, 2005, 09:51 PM
kick is good, down goes Frazier, Colonels win

kats89
October 29th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Nicholls State, big upset tonight.

32-29 in OT

blackfordpu
October 29th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Sounds like it was one heck of a game. Wish I could have been listening.

GeauxLions94
October 30th, 2005, 12:56 AM
60th post of the night and not ONE from a Bobcat fan. What gives :rolleyes:

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2005, 05:50 AM

That "San Marcos Swagger" is gone...

What a game though...

Bobcat fans went from agony to pure joy (and telling Sam fans we were eating crow) back to agony...

McNeese75
October 30th, 2005, 01:48 PM

Must be because those thousands and thousands of loyal fans are in transit from Thibodeaux back to SM (or they are at the UT game) :eek: :D

Bobcat94
October 30th, 2005, 02:22 PM
All the Bobcat fans were at Bobcatfans.com..........Why would we be here to talk about the game. We wouldn't bother to have two windows open.........

Interesting thread though thanks for all the interest.............

Bobcats 6-2 on the season and 2 and 1 in conference.

San Marcos is going to be a great place to be on Thanksgiving Weekend!

Look for a 9 and 2 Bobcat team to make some noise in the playoffs.

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2005, 04:17 PM
All Bobcat fans were at Bobcatfans.com? Takes them that long to make the trek over here...

One Bobcat loss...season over. No playoffs...

You guys may have cost yourself a first-round playoff game, no joke, especially if top 10 keep winning from here on out...

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 30th, 2005, 05:18 PM
That "San Marcos Swagger" is gone...

What a game though...

Bobcat fans went from agony to pure joy (and telling Sam fans we were eating crow) back to agony...

back to agony?? come on man! don't put a fork in us yet!

just look at the facts:

1) we have assurred ourselves our first winning season in a long time.
2) we are still tied for first in conference and have already played 2 of the three "hardest" teams in the conference (based on record--NSU and well, NSU)
3) we have two of our last three at home, where we have only lost once the last 2 seasons...
4) our team is still healthy, which in itself, is a blessing.
5) yes, the bobcats may have been pushed off their pedestal. but, a loss on the road (especially in LA) is expected for many SLC teams (maybe all of them).

so, if you think one game causes a whole nation of bobcat fans to all of a sudden be in "agony," you're crazy. we still have a shot at the playoffs. those bobcat fans who have endured 20 years of horrible football will surely put things into perspective for you...

Bobcat94
October 30th, 2005, 06:26 PM
One loss in conference this year does not put anyone out of this title race. Just plan stupid to even post that. As far as the I-AA playoffs you need to finish your thought before posting. I'm sure you were going to say we just may have played ourselves out of a first round home game. Who cares!!!! The playoffs anywhere would be good. Baby steps for the sleeping giant......

Now does that mean I think we are out of the race for the first round home game NO WAY. You don't have to be the top seed in the match up to get the home game. I'm sure its happend before........

kats89
October 30th, 2005, 06:29 PM
back to agony?? come on man! don't put a fork in us yet!

just look at the facts:

1) we have assurred ourselves our first winning season in a long time.
2) we are still tied for first in conference and have already played 2 of the three "hardest" teams in the conference (based on record--NSU and well, NSU)
3) we have two of our last three at home, where we have only lost once the last 2 seasons...
4) our team is still healthy, which in itself, is a blessing.
5) yes, the bobcats may have been pushed off their pedestal. but, a loss on the road (especially in LA) is expected for many SLC teams (maybe all of them).

so, if you think one game causes a whole nation of bobcat fans to all of a sudden be in "agony," you're crazy. we still have a shot at the playoffs. those bobcat fans who have endured 20 years of horrible football will surely put things into perspective for you...

Just don't put the cart before the horse. The target on your backs only get bigger. Anything can happen in the SLC.

Nicholls St beats Tx State
SFA beats Nicholls State
Nicholls St beats SHSU
SHSU hammers SFA

Point, don't look for any team to lay down. The conference can get crazy late in the season. I look for SHSU to come to play in San Marcos. We will have nothing to lose.

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 30th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Just don't put the cart before the horse. The target on your backs only get bigger. Anything can happen in the SLC.

Nicholls St beats Tx State
SFA beats Nicholls State
Nicholls St beats SHSU
SHSU hammers SFA

Point, don't look for any team to lay down. The conference can get crazy late in the season. I look for SHSU to come to play in San Marcos. We will have nothing to lose.

wasn't putting the cart before the horse or expecting any team to lay down. i'm just taking an optomistic view on the rest of the season. furthermore, my point was that the bobcat faithful have nothing to agonize over, for we are still in the title hunt. Texas Terror made it seem like we were in last place because we lost one conference game. Come to our forum--you will see that many of us are upbeat despite the loss. Hell, we came all the way back to take the lead. We realize that we still have a good team. 2 of the final 3 at home where we've only lost once the past 2 years--why not be optomistic?
as far as the "assured winning season" comment, I was only referring to the fact that we already have six wins on an eleven game schedule.

see you in a few weeks. hopefully, we (texas state) will still have something to play for.

kats89
October 30th, 2005, 07:37 PM
wasn't putting the cart before the horse or expecting any team to lay down. i'm just taking an optomistic view on the rest of the season. furthermore, my point was that the bobcat faithful have nothing to agonize over, for we are still in the title hunt. Texas Terror made it seem like we were in last place because we lost one conference game. Come to our forum--you will see that many of us are upbeat despite the loss. Hell, we came all the way back to take the lead. We realize that we still have a good team. 2 of the final 3 at home where we've only lost once the past 2 years--why not be optomistic?
as far as the "assured winning season" comment, I was only referring to the fact that we already have six wins on an eleven game schedule.

see you in a few weeks. hopefully, we (texas state) will still have something to play for.

Your season is not over by any means. Can't afford another upset though.

McNeese75
October 30th, 2005, 08:54 PM
One loss in conference this year does not put anyone out of this title race. Just plan stupid to even post that. As far as the I-AA playoffs you need to finish your thought before posting. I'm sure you were going to say we just may have played ourselves out of a first round home game. Who cares!!!! The playoffs anywhere would be good. Baby steps for the sleeping giant......

Now does that mean I think we are out of the race for the first round home game NO WAY. You don't have to be the top seed in the match up to get the home game. I'm sure its happend before........

There is always a possibility you will get a home game (if you win out). With your senior laden team this year the Bobcats and Colonels seem to be the teams with the best chance of making some noise in the post-season IMO.