PDA

View Full Version : Paladins expect heavy dose of Colgate's Scott

OL FU
September 11th, 2008, 08:12 AM
A little light reading before the Gamexnodx

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080911/SPORTS0103/809110326/1027

"The amazing thing about it is he did it on a 90-degree day with a 101-degree heat index," Furman coach Bobby Lamb said. "... The longer the game goes, the better he seems to get."

citdog
September 11th, 2008, 08:19 AM
54-51

dungeonjoe
September 11th, 2008, 08:22 AM
54-51
cit,

Is that your pant size or IQ?:)

citdog
September 11th, 2008, 08:27 AM
cit,

Is that your pant size or IQ?:)

it's actually the number of games woffy has to win in a row to even the series with The Citadel.xnodx

OL FU
September 11th, 2008, 08:30 AM
it's actually the number of games woffy has to win in a row to even the series with The Citadel.xnodx

How many would the Citadel have to win to even the series with Furmanxconfusedx xlolx

citdog
September 11th, 2008, 08:31 AM
How many would the Citadel have to win to even the series with Furmanxconfusedx xlolx

about the same number as you have ex-wives!xbawlingx xbawlingx

OL FU
September 11th, 2008, 08:33 AM
about the same number as you have ex-wives!xbawlingx xbawlingx

I haven't been alive long enough to marry that many women:o :p

danefan
September 11th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Article on Colgate's QB Sullivan:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080911/SPORTS36/809110326/-1/SPORTS

Seawolf97
September 11th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Good article . He looked pretty good against us coming in cold as he did.
Hope Colgate has great season now that Scott is back . Still have an asterisk next to that score from 8/30.

PaladinFan
September 11th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Goes both ways, I think. Scott is going to get a heavy dose of SoCon linebackers. I sure hope FU jumps out early. Colgate might have a hard time keeping up in a score-fest, but if we let them dictate the game it could spell trouble.

Citdog, we'll get around to a bit later and you'll have to find some other fodder to post :)

elon77
September 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Do you get free teethpaste(only in WVA is it toothpaste) or shaving cream when you play at Colgate?

Go...gate
September 11th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Do you get free teethpaste(only in WVA is it toothpaste) or shaving cream when you play at Colgate?

Neither. Back in the day, however, free food and beer were plentiful on a game day if you knew where to look. Much more important. :D

Seawolf97
September 11th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Neither. Back in the day, however, free food and beer were plentiful on a game day if you knew where to look. Much more important. :D

Now thats how to treat the fans!

Go...gate
September 11th, 2008, 03:39 PM
One issue this weekend is that the weather will be "unsettled" in the Northeast. Not boiling hot, but 70's, humidity, wind, possibly some rain. We have FieldTurf, however.

TheValleyRaider
September 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
You will see a plenty large dose of Scott

30-40 carries is the norm for a back in our offense, and Scott is a horse. I was even more impressed over the weekend, as he was much more physical against Coastal than I remember him being in years past. Not that he was soft, mind you, just that when listening to the game, I'm not used to hearing "Scott lays a hit on the defender"

Now, that may not be a great thing, especially given Furman is likely to have strong, tough linebackers that won't mind a little contact. Having a back like McCord to spell him (once a quarter) can only help

The real question is how confident are they going to be in Sullivan passing. We've got a good receiver in Simonds, but it doesn't appear the coaches have full faith in Sullivan (though he was pretty solid with Scott in leading the offense during the 4th Quarter on Sunday)

PaladinFan
September 11th, 2008, 09:24 PM
You will see a plenty large dose of Scott

30-40 carries is the norm for a back in our offense, and Scott is a horse. I was even more impressed over the weekend, as he was much more physical against Coastal than I remember him being in years past. Not that he was soft, mind you, just that when listening to the game, I'm not used to hearing "Scott lays a hit on the defender"

Now, that may not be a great thing, especially given Furman is likely to have strong, tough linebackers that won't mind a little contact. Having a back like McCord to spell him (once a quarter) can only help

The real question is how confident are they going to be in Sullivan passing. We've got a good receiver in Simonds, but it doesn't appear the coaches have full faith in Sullivan (though he was pretty solid with Scott in leading the offense during the 4th Quarter on Sunday)

Furman's game plan, IMO, has to be score quickly and early. Force Colgate to ditch the run and put the pressure on Sullivan to carry the day. However, FU cannot let Colgate become two dimensional, that will make their running game that much more effective.

TheValleyRaider
September 11th, 2008, 09:56 PM
It'll be imperitive for Colgate to establish ball-control early and maintain a slower paced game. If Scott gets going, we can control the clock and not let Furman jump out to that early lead

Need to avoid big kick returns (going pretty well so far this year, but I'd like to see deeper kicks) and turnovers (not going well at all). Cannot afford to give Furman a short field to work with

fuEMO
September 11th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Great thing about OOC games is you learn a lot about your team. Scott looks like a great runningback… Furman is lucky to have players like Baker, Uhaa, and Coleman to give the defense good looks playing for the scout team.

I was very happy to see how physical the Furman D played VaTech and that the VaTech players commented on some of the hits. I expect Furman to play scrappy blue-collar football on Saturday.

TheValleyRaider
September 11th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Well, I know Colgate loves a good, physical game. If I can promise one thing, it's that the Raiders won't quit on you if FU leads by 1 TD or 4. We'll be ready to play :)

Any Paladins making the trip up to Hamilton?

SCPALADIN
September 11th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Well, I know Colgate loves a good, physical game. If I can promise one thing, it's that the Raiders won't quit on you if FU leads by 1 TD or 4. We'll be ready to play :)

Any Paladins making the trip up to Hamilton?

There are a handful up in Cooperstown tonight and tomorrow...heading into Hamilton Saturday. I'd expect 100-200...I'm thinking we had somewhere in that ballpark for the Hofstra game last year (I've been trying to block that memory out).

Death Dealer
September 12th, 2008, 07:08 AM
This game is going to really show me what our new defense is made of. We do well here, and I will feel pretty good about the rest of the season.

And Citpup, enjoy your fun now. 'nuff said.xcoolx

OL FU
September 12th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Getting Hedden back is a big help

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080912/SPORTS0103/809120313/1027

I am playing this week, definitely," said Hedden, an All-Southern Conference performer last season and a preseason All-SoCon selection this year.

No locker room material from our guysxthumbsupx

"I remember last year we were in the same situation against Hofstra," Furman safety Thomas Twitty said. "Before the game, I said Hofstra was going to be the tale-tale sign of how our season was going to go. I feel this game is the exactly the same. Colgate has a bunch of talent."