PDA

View Full Version : Mcneese's Pendarvis to play in Germany!

Retro
April 25th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Scott Pendarvis, the starting quarterback for the McNeese State Cowboys for the last three seasons, has signed a one year contract to play professional football in Germany with the Lubeck Cougars.

He will be flying out Wednesday to join the team which is presently in its exhibition season. The regular season will begin May 15 and run through a 14 game four month schedule. Lubeck plays in the Germany professional football league which is divided into a north and south division of eight teams each. Most of the teams are composed of players from Germany with only a handful of players from the United States allowed on each squad.

"This was something that I just couldn't pass up,." said Pendarvis, a native of Walker, LA., who played his high school ball at Catholic High in Baton Rouge. "This will give me a great opportunity to travel and see some of the world while also playing football." Some players in the Germany league have used the league as a stepping stone into the NFL Europe League.

During a four year career with the Cowboys, Pendarvis became the third leading all-time passer in McNeese history, having completed 462 of 810 passes for 5,995 yards and 39 touchdowns. He was a two-time all-Southland Conference honoree, was twice named the league's player of the week, was named to the all-SLC academic team twice and selected McNeese's scholar athlete of the year.

He compiled a 27-9 record as the team's starting quarterback and led the Cowboys into the NCAA 1-AA playoffs twice, taking them to the championship finals in 2002. Pendarvis was an honor student at McNeese, graduating in accounting and was named to Who's Who.

Josh
April 25th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Scott Pendarvis, the starting quarterback for the McNeese State Cowboys for the last three seasons, has signed a one year contract to play professional football in Germany with the Lubeck Cougars.

He will be flying out Wednesday to join the team which is presently in its exhibition season. The regular season will begin May 15 and run through a 14 game four month schedule. Lubeck plays in the Germany professional football league which is divided into a north and south division of eight teams each. Most of the teams are composed of players from Germany with only a handful of players from the United States allowed on each squad.

"This was something that I just couldn't pass up,." said Pendarvis, a native of Walker, LA., who played his high school ball at Catholic High in Baton Rouge. "This will give me a great opportunity to travel and see some of the world while also playing football." Some players in the Germany league have used the league as a stepping stone into the NFL Europe League.

During a four year career with the Cowboys, Pendarvis became the third leading all-time passer in McNeese history, having completed 462 of 810 passes for 5,995 yards and 39 touchdowns. He was a two-time all-Southland Conference honoree, was twice named the league's player of the week, was named to the all-SLC academic team twice and selected McNeese's scholar athlete of the year.

He compiled a 27-9 record as the team's starting quarterback and led the Cowboys into the NCAA 1-AA playoffs twice, taking them to the championship finals in 2002. Pendarvis was an honor student at McNeese, graduating in accounting and was named to Who's Who.

I talked to Scott today and he is excited about it. Good luck to him!

TexasTerror
April 26th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Never knew they had professional football in Germany outside of NFLE. Anywhere else we should know about?

buckp
April 26th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Good luck Scott.............ENJOY!!!!:D