PDA

View Full Version : What FCS game will you go to this week 9/11-13?

Syntax Error
September 10th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I am having a hard time choosing between these games for the road trip this week:
Campbell at Jacksonville <------ haven't been to JU before
Chattanooga at Florida State <------ ugh, FBS
Bethune-Cookman at SC State <------ haven't been to SCSU before
Liberty at Western Carolina <------ haven't been to WCU before
Northeastern at Ga Southern <------ been to see both teams before

mcveyrl
September 10th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I am having a hard time choosing between these games for the road trip this week:
Northeastern at Ga Southern <------ been to both stadiums before

All things being equal, I always go to the game at the stadium I've never been to.

That means you're picking between Jacksonville and Culowhee. Case closed.:D

I really would choose Jacksonville for the weather, although you might have to go to WCU when it's freezing! I think either game will be a fun one to go to.

Syntax Error
September 10th, 2008, 04:33 PM
All things being equal, I always go to the game at the stadium I've never been to.

That means you're picking between Jacksonville and Culowhee. Case closed.:D

I really would choose Jacksonville for the weather, although you might have to go to WCU when it's freezing! I think either game will be a fun one to go to.Leaning towards JU, two teams I haven't seen in person before at a stadium I've never been to.

grizband
September 10th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I would choose the Liberty/WCU game for three reasons:
1. Its always nice to see a new stadium

2. Liberty is an up and coming FCS team with playoff aspirations - this game will be a test to see how they match up against a lower level teams from a playoff conference.

3. Western Carolina brought in a new coach to improve the stature of their team in the SoCon, and a win against Liberty would be a great stepping stone to improve morale.

DetroitFlyer
September 10th, 2008, 05:15 PM
JU does not exactly have a "stadium". I will say this, the setting is unique. Probably worth seeing before they build a "real" stadium. The grass playing surface is one of the best I have seen.

As for me, I'll be at Welcome Stadium in Dayton, Ohio. Of course "The Game" will be the Fordham Rams visiting my Dayton Flyers!

catamount man
September 10th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I would choose the Liberty/WCU game for three reasons:
1. Its always nice to see a new stadium

2. Liberty is an up and coming FCS team with playoff aspirations - this game will be a test to see how they match up against a lower level teams from a playoff conference.

3. Western Carolina brought in a new coach to improve the stature of their team in the SoCon, and a win against Liberty would be a great stepping stone to improve morale.

4. You will get to meet CATAMOUNT MAN whose tailgating group is bbq'ing a pig this week, drinking lots of cold beer, watching FBS games on a tv in the parking lot, and then going in to watch WCU get a win. What more could you ask for? xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

danefan
September 10th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I'll be at Albany-Hofstra!

Looking forward to hopefully meeting some AGS'ers!

putter
September 10th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I will be at Montana/Southern Utah. I would choose the Liberty game as well. They seem to be gaining ground and it would be good to get an observation from someone that was there.

introvertedGSUfan
September 10th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Northeastern at GSU, well because I'm still a student here. xthumbsupx

IaaScribe
September 10th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Liberty at Western Carolina, since my paper pays me to go to Liberty games.

BEAR
September 10th, 2008, 06:29 PM
xthumbsupx UCA v. UAPB this weekend at War Memorial in Little Rock. All hurricane refugees are welcome to come and get a little entertainment while you wait out the storm. xthumbsupx

Cobblestone
September 10th, 2008, 06:35 PM
The battle of the brews.

UNH vs. URI

OR you could say....

http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/Images/paleale-260.gif

VS.

http://www.newportstorm.com/images/beers/2007/octoberfestLabel.gif

Syntax Error
September 10th, 2008, 06:48 PM
The battle of the brews.
UNH vs. URI
OR you could say....
http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/Images/paleale-260.gif
VS.
http://www.newportstorm.com/images/beers/2007/octoberfestLabel.gifor
Durham, NH: Sat Sep 13 71°/60°
VS.
Kingston, RI: Sat Sep 13 74°/62°

not much chance of rain

Cobblestone
September 10th, 2008, 06:53 PM
or
Durham, NH: Sat Sep 13 71°/60°
VS.
Kingston, RI: Sat Sep 13 74°/62°

not much chance of rain

They actually are forecasting showers for Saturday. That's fine, I like football in the rain and mud, especially with natural turf.

elon77
September 10th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Leaning towards JU, two teams I haven't seen in person before at a stadium I've never been to.

No, you should go to the Elon Presbyterian game. Why you probably are asking? They are going to have firecrackers and sparklers after the game. That's right, fireworks. How could you possibly beat that?xconfusedx

JohnStOnge
September 10th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I'm hoping the Cal Poly at McNeese State game is played as scheduled. If it does I'm going to it.

Hurricanes suck.

We really, really need to develop technology to do something about them.

Hoyadestroya85
September 10th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Villanova Lehigh Baby

Seawolf97
September 10th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I will listen to the Stonybrook /Maine game on the radio at home. Also keeping my eye on Albany/Hofstra and Monmouth Coastal Carolina- tow games of real interest.

elonpuckhog
September 10th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I'm heading to the Elon - Presby game. People think I'm still a student there, so I might as well use that to my advantage.

phoenix3
September 10th, 2008, 08:09 PM
If I were not going to the Elon v. PC game I would go to the WCU v. Liberty game because:

1) I am curious to see just how for real Liberty is
2) I am curious to see how much Coach Wagner has improved the morale of the Catamounts and
3) That BBQ pig and cold beer sounds pretty good!

appfan2008
September 10th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I would go to the wcu liberty game if i were you...

I personally will not be attending a fcs game this week... instead i will be at the duke/navy game...

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 10th, 2008, 08:18 PM

Liberty and Western should be a good one.

As for me, I'm doing the homer thing and going to my team's game .xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
September 10th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I personally will not be attending a fcs game this week... instead i will be at the duke/navy game...My condolences. I understand that you must be forced to endure the situation but you can check AGS often for real football updates. xlolx xnodx

ASU33
September 10th, 2008, 08:36 PM
http://www.southernheritageclassic.com/

I'll be in Memphis for the battle of the Tigers. Check out the website!xthumbsupx

Appstate29
September 10th, 2008, 08:39 PM
won't be able to go to any games, but i'll be paying close attention to the umass/jmu game!

RDH701
September 10th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I'll be at the NDSU Bison vs. Wyoming Cowboys game in Laramie. Should be a great day for football.xnodx

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I am reduced to merely watching Colgate-Furman from the comfort of my apartment through the wonders of the interwebs

The other option is braving the noonday Texas heat to watch TCU-Stanford before Ike rolls into the Metroplex. Live football is enticing (and it's also purple vs. reddish), but oh lordy, that sun...

skinny_uncle
September 10th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I would go watch Northwestern get raided by the Salukis if it were feasible. The best I will be able to do will be to listen to the radio broadcast since I don't get the Big Ten network.
xeyebrowx

stevdock
September 10th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I wonder how well the Big Ten Network is doing now that you have to pay extra to watch it. I watched alot of games last year on there but there is no way that I am going to pay to watch some of the crap that is in that conference. The SIU game would be one I'd be watching this weekend if we still had the channel as I can't afford to go to Wyoming this weekend.

MSUBear42
September 10th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Trekking down to Stillwater, OK for the MO State/OK State game!

Grizaholic17
September 10th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I would love to see the JMU UMASS game, but unfortunately it's too far away and it's Montana Gameday.

Kegs and eggs?

PEACE!! Best of luck to all!

hippy@GSU
September 10th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Northeastern vs. GSU. Cant miss my school, its going to be a real sloberknocker. (hopefully a blowout, but maybe a little closer than most would think) GATA!! GO EAGLES!!!

The Cats
September 10th, 2008, 10:38 PM

No doubt...... Liberty in Cullowhee....... xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

bkrownd
September 10th, 2008, 11:38 PM
I will be planting endangered upland pritchardia palms at the Nature Conservancy preserve. ;) I'll check the scoreboard long after it's all over...

uofmman1122
September 10th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I'll be seeing the only Griz game I'll get to see this year. xbawlingx

Then it's up at 4:00 a.m. on Sundays to catch the games live. xeekxxlolxxthumbsupx

bigchocolate
September 11th, 2008, 12:04 AM

Bethune-Cookman at SC State is actually being played in Charleston, SC "The Low Country Classic....Hope this helps with your decision making.

GolfingGriz
September 11th, 2008, 01:00 AM
UM vs. SUU
Can't wait to see 26K in Wa-Griz!

Sonic98
September 11th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Well I'm a JSU alumni, and JSU is in my hometown Memphis, TN. So I guess I'll be there watching them whoop up on Tennessee State.

Eaglesrus
September 11th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Northeastern @ GSU. Current forecast is for another scorcher; sunny and a high of 96.

Syntax Error
September 11th, 2008, 11:41 AM
No, you should go to the Elon Presbyterian game.too far away to drive in time and the wallet is too light to fly this week

introvertedGSUfan
September 11th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Northeastern vs. GSU. Cant miss my school, its going to be a real sloberknocker. (hopefully a blowout, but maybe a little closer than most would think) GATA!! GO EAGLES!!!

It would be kind of cool to meet someone on this board who's also a student at GSU.

lizrdgizrd
September 11th, 2008, 11:52 AM
No, you should go to the Elon Presbyterian game. Why you probably are asking? They are going to have firecrackers and sparklers after the game. That's right, fireworks. How could you possibly beat that?xconfusedx

SOLD! I'm totally there!

MoreheadEagle
September 11th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Morehead State at Eastern Kentucky.
This is the first time the two rivals have met in football since 1995 IIRC.

Syntax Error
September 11th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Morehead State at Eastern Kentucky.
This is the first time the two rivals have met in football since 1995 IIRC.I know for a fact that alot of alums on both sides were wanting this game to happen. Should be emotional.

Bulldog87
September 11th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I'm going to the BCU vs SCSU game in Charleston. You should come to SCSU when we play Hampton or come to the Norfolk State game when we play them for Homecoming. Nice tailgating and great"Scenery" for that one. Both games should be good ones.

phoenixphanatic21
September 11th, 2008, 04:09 PM
You know where to find me. 50 yard line in Rhodes for Elon-Presby. Perfect view for the game and the fireworks afterwards.

UNCBears2010
September 11th, 2008, 04:44 PM
N/A

I hate bye weeks.xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

BEAR
September 11th, 2008, 04:48 PM
UAPB is charging $25 a ticket to see the UCA v. UAPB game at War Memorial this weekend. xmadx I know it's at a bigger venue..but my tix to the UCA v. Tulsa game are only $20....and much much better competition! xmadx xmadx How much are tix to your home games? (This is considered a UAPB home game so they or the SWAC set the price, UCA home games are $12 bucks and free with student ID via athletic fees.)

UNCBears2010
September 11th, 2008, 04:49 PM
UAPB is charging $25 a ticket to see the UCA v. UAPB game at War Memorial this weekend. xmadx I know it's at a bigger venue..but my tix to the UCA v. Tulsa game are only $20....and much much better competition! xmadx xmadx How much are tix to your home games? (This is considered a UAPB home game so they or the SWAC set the price, UCA home games are $12 bucks and free with student ID via athletic fees.)

It's like 10 or 11 bucks at UNC for adult seats. All students are free, and my folks have had season tickets for years, so I'm not sure of the exact price.

Civil06
September 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I'll be driving 14 hours to Wyoming to cheer on the Bison!

UNCBears2010
September 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I'll be driving 14 hours to Wyoming to cheer on the Bison!

Just a warning: Laramie sucks.

phoenixphanatic21
September 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM
N/A

I hate bye weeks.xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

I am sorry. I offer you my deepest condolensces.

MoreheadEagle
September 11th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I know for a fact that alot of alums on both sides were wanting this game to happen. Should be emotional.

i'm one of them. It should happen every year with EKU and MSU fighting for an OVC title. Curse you former MSU president Ron Eaglin!

JBB
September 11th, 2008, 05:32 PM
NDSU BISON @ Wyoming Cowboys

813Jag
September 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I'm sure UAPB set that price because Southern tickets start at $28.

Skjellyfetti
September 11th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I may go down to Cullowhee to watch the Liberty game since App has an off week and I'll be craving some football.

WCU fans-- would I have trouble buying tickets if I show up empty handed to the game? Thanks.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM
They actually are forecasting showers for Saturday. That's fine, I like football in the rain and mud, especially with natural turf.

It only rains when URI comes to Durham...so it seems.xsmhx

Two years ago what a day in Kingston. Sunny, warm, UNH scored points to match the temps. Here's to the same type of day.xsmiley_wix

Oh ya, I'll bring the beerxthumbsupx

da_Bison
September 11th, 2008, 06:49 PM
6 of us are heading to Laramie tomorrow to watch the Bison play the Pokes

Cobblestone
September 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
It only rains when URI comes to Durham...so it seems.xsmhx

Two years ago what a day in Kingston. Sunny, warm, UNH scored points to match the temps. Here's to the same type of day.xsmiley_wix

Oh ya, I'll bring the beerxthumbsupx

Please do not remind me of that game. xnonono2x

At least when we lose up there a trip to Newick's eases the pain.

slycat
September 11th, 2008, 07:13 PM
None. Texas St has a bye week and I'm trapped at home thanks to Ike. Just hope my power doesn't go out or for long so I can watch football.

catamount man
September 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I may go down to Cullowhee to watch the Liberty game since App has an off week and I'll be craving some football.

WCU fans-- would I have trouble buying tickets if I show up empty handed to the game? Thanks.

Shouldn't be a problem. Ticket window is open on the new west stand sides around 4pm since it's a 6pm kickoff. Should be a good atmosphere tailgating wise. I feel most WCU fans have just written last week knowing THIS WEEK starts our real season. I hope we get over 10k there.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

SU Jag
September 11th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I'll be in Memphis, Tn for the Southern Heritage Classic. I hope to see JState and the boys up there!xnodx

ngineer
September 11th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I will be down on the "Main Line" of Philly cheering on my Mountain Hawks!xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
September 11th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I'll be attending the first game in the 'new and improved' Washington-Grizzly Stadium. xrotatehx

Sonic98
September 12th, 2008, 04:13 AM
I'll be in Memphis, Tn for the Southern Heritage Classic. I hope to see JState and the boys up there!xnodx

Well, I guess I might see you there. It's too bad the game doesn't have a better promoter.

hippy@GSU
September 12th, 2008, 06:01 AM
It would be kind of cool to meet someone on this board who's also a student at GSU.

Well my girlfriend and I will be there at kickoff or maybe a little late (I work until 4:30 and my job is 45 minutes away xsmhx ). Its hard to get there early, but the best way to notice me is to look for the ERK-MOBILE (you will know it when you see it). As for me Im tall, lanky, shaggy hair, GATA T-Shirt. Wait, I just explained everyone. Sounds cool to meet up with a fellow ags brethren (im desperate for friendsxbawlingx), we just gotta come up with a plan.

McNeese72
September 12th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Well, it looks like Saturday, I'll still be hunkered down with most of Ike gone by. Probably will be on generator power and what football I see or hear will probably be on my laptop with generator power. I hope my Verizon aircard keeps working :(

I'd rather be on the sidelines of "The Hole" taking pictures of the McNeese/Cal Poly game.

Doc

appfan2008
September 12th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I'll be attending the first game in the 'new and improved' Washington-Grizzly Stadium. xrotatehx

good luck from the pictures it looks like it will be an awesome experience...

appfan2008
September 12th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Well, it looks like Saturday, I'll still be hunkered down with most of Ike gone by. Probably will be on generator power and what football I see or hear will probably be on my laptop with generator power. :(

I'd rather be on the sidelines of "The Hole" taking pictures of the McNeese/Cal Poly game.

Doc

that sux... i hope it doesnt get too bad for ya

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 12th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Decided today that i'm going to Villanova for the Lehigh-'Nova game tomorrow.

Bison_Kent
September 12th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I am going to Minneapolis to see if Montana State can pull off an upset of Minnesota.