PDA

View Full Version : Montana Press Conference

Ronbo
September 10th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hauck and three players talk about the Cal Poly game and the up coming game with Southern Utah.

Press Conference (http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2008_2009/Football/Multimedia/vs_Southern_/sept9.wmv)

appfan2008
September 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
i had never seen a picture of your coach... good lord he looks young... he looks like he could be a player...

also i wish asu put press conference video on line... well they do but charge for it... how annoying is that...

CopperCat
September 10th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Hauck freely admits that Cal Poly is more talented than UM?xeyebrowx Kinda weird to hear that, even though it may be true at this point. Just an observation, no smack. HUGE win for UM, I thought it would be a much different outcome.

uofmman1122
September 10th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Hauck freely admits that Cal Poly is more talented than UM?xeyebrowx Kinda weird to hear that, even though it may be true at this point. Just an observation, no smack. HUGE win for UM, I thought it would be a much different outcome.I doubt you'll find any Griz fans who doubt that Cal Poly is an overall better team.

We'll certainly see next week when they play the SLC's #1. xnodx

appstate38
September 10th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Well at least nobody can bash the Griz for playing a soft schedule this year.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Well at least nobody can bash the Griz for playing a soft schedule this year.xthumbsupx

You must not be looking around the board too much then.

putter
September 10th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hauck freely admits that Cal Poly is more talented than UM?xeyebrowx Kinda weird to hear that, even though it may be true at this point. Just an observation, no smack. HUGE win for UM, I thought it would be a much different outcome.

Hauck has always been 100% and I think with their veteran team and our young team it was not a stretch to say that.

CopperCat
September 10th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Hauck has always been 100% and I think with their veteran team and our young team it was not a stretch to say that.

Yeah, I understand that. I guess Hauck is just a little more candid/honest than most coaches who usually give the obligatory "They are a good football team blah blah blah." Hauck handles media coverage very well IMO. (Wolfie and alpha, you are banned from responding to that statement)

Grizaholic17
September 10th, 2008, 10:29 PM

Since the end of last season, Hauck has always been skeptical of this season. He is very humble, and I think he does a great job stating the facts of the football team. He doesn't hype them up to a place they shouldn't be. xthumbsupx

Wolfman
September 10th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I understand that. I guess Hauck is just a little more candid/honest than most coaches who usually give the obligatory "They are a good football team blah blah blah." Hauck handles media coverage very well IMO. (Wolfie and alpha, you are banned from responding to that statement)

Yeah, Bobby is a real Sarah Palin, for sure.

mtgrizfan4life
September 10th, 2008, 11:14 PM
i had never seen a picture of your coach... good lord he looks young... he looks like he could be a player...

also i wish asu put press conference video on line... well they do but charge for it... how annoying is that...

Damnit, please do not let George "Money Bags" Dennison see this. If and when they charge us for that, we all know who to blame. Thanks app state. xlolx

SeattleGriz
September 10th, 2008, 11:50 PM

I can't speak for Bobby, but the aspect that won the game for the Grizzlies, was special teams. Cal Poly's was not that good (missed field goals and atrocious punting) and Montana's was the usual strong performance (return yardage).

I could understand where Bobby felt Cal Poly was overall stronger.

uofmman1122
September 10th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I can't speak for Bobby, but the aspect that won the game for the Grizzlies, was special teams. Cal Poly's was not that good (missed field goals and atrocious punting) and Montana's was the usual strong performance (return yardage).

I could understand where Bobby felt Cal Poly was overall stronger.I honestly don't think there's a better special teams coach at our level than Bobby Hauck. Since he's been here, our special teams have been top notch!

A little preemptive "to hell with you" to whoever brings up Carpenter's missed field goal as a sign that our special teams are bad. xnonono2x

Ronbo
September 11th, 2008, 12:04 AM

I could understand where Bobby felt Cal Poly was overall stronger.

Another aspect of the game that the Griz were superior was our O-Line vs. the Cal Poly D-Line. They flat out just blew them away. I'd give the Griz the nod on the O-Line. Our D-Line shut down their two stud RB's and stopped the option. Our kicking game and special teams were better.

When you really look hard at it neither team was that much better than the other.