PDA

View Full Version : LIVE STREAMING OF GAMES

DSUHornet
September 8th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I wanted to know if there was a way to watch games via streaming.
I'm guessing from the game threads here that you guys are watching some of the untelevised games via internet???
The game this week @ Kent St. isn't televised and i wanted to know if any of you know of a site that may be streaming the game. i know our site does it and checking their site was inconclusive.

DSUrocks07
September 8th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I wanted to know if there was a way to watch games via streaming.
I'm guessing from the game threads here that you guys are watching some of the untelevised games via internet???
The game this week @ Kent St. isn't televised and i wanted to know if any of you know of a site that may be streaming the game. i know our site does it and checking their site was inconclusive.

ESPN360 carries a lot of games...have you checked there?

Screamin_Eagle174
September 8th, 2008, 08:31 PM
http://www.channelsurfing.net
They were streaming the Cal-Poly/UM game I was watching. Pretty neat site... they stream a ton of different broadcasts for free. Not all streams work though.

Tod
September 8th, 2008, 08:34 PM
D, Big Sky games are streamed for free starting this year. Not sure of the quality yet.

http://www.bigskytv.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=1

DSUHornet
September 8th, 2008, 08:37 PM
cool cool. no doubt. i'll check out all those sites now

DSUHornet
September 8th, 2008, 08:41 PM
that channelsurfing.com site is a great find.
and bigskytv is definitely going to come in handy come playoff time.

kudos and thanks

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2008, 08:42 PM

Inconclusive my tush! You are probably just unfamiliar with how JumpTV sites work and how to find the live event listing...a lot of FCS schools have moved to JumpTV. It's actually gaining speed just as quick, if not quicker than CSTV was a few years ago when most people were moving to them.

http://www.kentstatesports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&&DB_OEM_ID=11400

The game is clearly listed as both audio and video coverage. Kent State is a JumpTV school and stream live events regularly. If Delaware State was part of the JumpTV network, the game would be streamed on their site too through the share agreement that most JumpTV sites have with one another...

You just got to pay up to Kent State to watch the feed. Not sure it will be on ChannelSurfing.net, which is usually free feeds from CSTV schools.

Rights for broadcasting are different in the playoffs. BigSkyTV may not come in handy...

DSUHornet
September 8th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Inconclusive my tush! You are just unfamiliar with how JumpTV sites work and how to find the live event listing...

http://www.kentstatesports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?&&DB_OEM_ID=11400

The game is clearly listed as both audio and video coverage. Kent State is a JumpTV school and stream live events regularly. If Delaware State was part of the JumpTV network, the game would be streamed on their site too through the share agreement that most JumpTV sites have with one another...

You just got to pay up to Kent State instead of paying up to your school...to get the video.

you are the closest thing to an equivalent to Jesus Christ

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2008, 08:45 PM
you are the closest thing to an equivalent to Jesus Christ

He and I are both Jewish. xnodx

DSUHornet, the HBCUs have fallen way too far behind the rest of the country when it comes to live stats and live streaming video. I believe UAPB of the SWAC was one of the trendsetters, but now the conferences are both so far behind...

Live stats it he bare minimum nowadays and neither conference provides it. Think for baseball, they were the lone two in the nation in which no school did it (according to ncaa-baseball.com)...

DSUHornet
September 8th, 2008, 08:50 PM
He and I are both Jewish. xnodx

DSUHornet, the HBCUs have fallen way too far behind the rest of the country when it comes to live stats and live streaming video. I believe UAPB of the SWAC was one of the trendsetters, but now the conferences are both so far behind...

Live stats it he bare minimum nowadays and neither conference provides it. Think for baseball, they were the lone two in the nation in which no school did it (according to ncaa-baseball.com)...

not surprise considering the MEAC attendance is the lowest D1
i guess they feel no need since there is a lack of demand
i mean think about it, there isn't even a lot of MEAC threads on AGS
...and this is a AA site! xlolx

the only way a meac thread will hit 3 pages is if we play app and they start a smack thread

Tod
September 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM

the only way a meac thread will hit 3 pages is if we play app and they start a smack thread

An AA site?

"My name is Appoholic and I am...an Appoholic"...

DSUHornet
September 8th, 2008, 09:10 PM
An AA site?

yea. as in FCS

DSUrocks07
September 8th, 2008, 09:26 PM

You should come around more often man...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46532

xwhistlex

We need all of the MEAC posters that we can get xthumbsupx

Tod
September 8th, 2008, 09:37 PM
yea. as in FCS

I know. Just trying (poorly, it turns out) to make a joke. :( :(

ngineer
September 8th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Yahoosports.com has a streaming service that many schools offer their fans. For $5/mo. I can get all of Lehigh's games that are streamed--in all sports.

DSUHornet
September 12th, 2008, 04:45 PM
i see the date and time for the cast on kent st.'s website
but i also see a registration link. can i just watch at game time or do i have to purchase a package before hand?

Syntax Error
September 12th, 2008, 05:12 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=fcs-games-on-tv-streaming-on-internet-we-2010&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

GOKATS
September 12th, 2008, 05:20 PM
D, Big Sky games are streamed for free starting this year. Not sure of the quality yet.

http://www.bigskytv.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=1

Big Sky TV only streams Big Sky Conference home games. The only game I've tried this year was the Weber St. opener, the video wasn't too bad but the audio sucked big time.

TexasTerror
September 12th, 2008, 05:39 PM
i see the date and time for the cast on kent st.'s website
but i also see a registration link. can i just watch at game time or do i have to purchase a package before hand?

Purchase ahead of time. Make sure the thing works and if there are technical issues that have to be overcome, you can figure them out via the help available through JumpTV.