PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/Wyoming..TV?

darell1976
September 8th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I read in the forum before the season started that NDSU couldn't get tv rights for this game any new info on it? Will it be on tv in the Fargo area?? I would think playing a FBS team would be televised in Fargo.

stevdock
September 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Nope, Wyoming wouldn't let our TV channels in there since Wyoming is not going to broadcast the game. I think they might be a little worried about what happened when App beat Michigan and when we beat the Goophs. That could not have helped recruiting too much when alot of people saw at least one of those games.

darell1976
September 8th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Nope, Wyoming wouldn't let our TV channels in there since Wyoming is not going to broadcast the game. I think they might be a little worried about what happened when App beat Michigan and when we beat the Goophs. That could not have helped recruiting too much when alot of people saw at least one of those games.

WTF its not like Wyoming is a damn powerhouse, they used to be a team in the WAC that put up 60 points while allowing almost as many. Stupid Cowboys. Can someone sneak a camara in there and broadcast it on the internet.xlolx

Thundar
September 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Actually the Mountain West Conference has the rights to Broadcast the game and they have chosen NOT to release them, this includes the Webcast also. Just tune your radio to the AM dial and its on there!

BisonBacker
September 8th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Yeah it's really a stupid choice on the part of the MWC. Another reason to hate on the FBS for being stupid. I hope we kick their asses for it.

catamount man
September 8th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I just the Mountain network on DIRECTV and I was hoping this game would've been shown. Ah, you'll beat them. BELIEVE ME!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

BeauFoster
September 8th, 2008, 08:44 PM
NDSU is likely to smoke Wyoming by multiple scores. I'm sure that the Mountain network doesn't want to have the "upset" televised. Sissies!

BisBison
September 8th, 2008, 09:36 PM
NDSU is likely to smoke Wyoming by multiple scores. I'm sure that the Mountain network doesn't want to have the "upset" televised. Sissies!

We are pretty beat up right now. I wouldn't predict a win by multiple scores, I'll take a squeaker right now.

Ronbo
September 8th, 2008, 10:41 PM

Don't worry about Gopher recruiting. They will have no trouble in the future with the state of the art on campus stadium they are putting in. It will be the nicest in the Big Ten. Check out the locker room, you've never seen anything like it.

virtual tour (http://stadium.gophersports.com/multi_virtual_tours.html)

FargoBison
September 8th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Don't worry about Gopher recruiting. They will have no trouble in the future with the state of the art on campus stadium they are putting in. It will be the nicest in the Big Ten. Check out the locker room, you've never seen anything like it.

It will be great but probably 4th or 5th nicest in the Big Ten at best.

Ronbo
September 8th, 2008, 10:52 PM
It will be great but probably 4th or 5th nicest in the Big Ten at best.

It won't be the biggest but it will be the nicest. Most of the Big Ten stadiums are very big but old and worn. You take the complete virtual tour and honestly tell me there is a nicer stadium. They have a frigging palace for even the band in the new stadium.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2008, 11:06 PM
It won't be the biggest but it will be the nicest. Most of the Big Ten stadiums are very big but old and worn. You take the complete virtual tour and honestly tell me there is a nicer stadium. They have a frigging palace for even the band in the new stadium.

If you don't think Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State all are palaces you are off your rocker Ronbo. Money pours into those programs and they pour it right back into facilities. Each of those stadiums have recently undergone or are undergoing major renovations. The new Gopher stadium will be nice but the program makes a fraction of what the top dogs in the Big Ten make and each of those schools I have mentioned have spent close to on recent renovations as to what Minnesota is spending on their entire stadium.

Ronbo
September 8th, 2008, 11:50 PM
If you don't think Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State all are palaces you are off your rocker Ronbo. Money pours into those programs and they pour it right back into facilities. Each of those stadiums have recently undergone or are undergoing major renovations. The new Gopher stadium will be nice but the program makes a fraction of what the top dogs in the Big Ten make and each of those schools I have mentioned have spent close to on recent renovations as to what Minnesota is spending on their entire stadium.

Well I read App. State fans saying they thought the Michigan stadium was dirty and old.

The people building the stadium are touting it as the best but of course NDSU fans are smarter than anyone so they should write the Minneapolis paper and complain about it.

The Goal: The Best

Check out the nation-leading features of your new stadium.
Designing TCF Bank Stadium was a singularly focused effort: to create the best on-campus stadium in college football. Judging from the stadium’s many amenities and highlights, it’s a success story literally built before our eyes.

HOK Architects is the primary architect and designer of TCF Bank Stadium. The facility is a traditional horseshoe-style college stadium that retains many of the design elements of Minnesota’s Memorial Stadium. Seating capacity of TCF Bank Stadium is approximately 50,000. There are 39 suites, 59 loge boxes, and 300 indoor club seats.

The stadium's field is oriented in an east-west configuration, the only football stadium in the Big Ten to be laid out this. Fans will understand this orientation come gameday, with the sweeping views of both campus as well as the glimmering Minneapolis skyline through the structure’s magnificently open west end.

TCF Bank Stadium will also feature the second largest videoboard in all of college football. Designed and built by Daktronics, the videoboard is 48 feet high by 108 feet wide and includes Dacktronics’ HD-X light-emitting diode (LED) video display technology.

FargoBison
September 9th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Well I read App. State fans saying they thought the Michigan stadium was dirty and old.

The people building the stadium are touting it as the best but of course NDSU fans are smarter than anyone so they should write the Minneapolis paper and complain about it.

The Goal: The Best

Check out the nation-leading features of your new stadium.
Designing TCF Bank Stadium was a singularly focused effort: to create the best on-campus stadium in college football. Judging from the stadium’s many amenities and highlights, it’s a success story literally built before our eyes.

HOK Architects is the primary architect and designer of TCF Bank Stadium. The facility is a traditional horseshoe-style college stadium that retains many of the design elements of Minnesota’s Memorial Stadium. Seating capacity of TCF Bank Stadium is approximately 50,000. There are 39 suites, 59 loge boxes, and 300 indoor club seats.

The stadium's field is oriented in an east-west configuration, the only football stadium in the Big Ten to be laid out this. Fans will understand this orientation come gameday, with the sweeping views of both campus as well as the glimmering Minneapolis skyline through the structure’s magnificently open west end.

TCF Bank Stadium will also feature the second largest videoboard in all of college football. Designed and built by Daktronics, the videoboard is 48 feet high by 108 feet wide and includes Dacktronics’ HD-X light-emitting diode (LED) video display technology.

Saying that Minnesota will have the 4th best stadium in the big ten is hardly an insult, that would be the best stadium in a lot of conferences.

BTW- Michigan's stadium was probably old and dirty but it is now undergoing a 225 million dollar facelift....

http://mgoblue.com/Multimedia/MultimediaCenter.aspx?id=71424&categoryId=82220

Appstate29
September 9th, 2008, 12:12 AM

those locker rooms are sick, but I think texas has one extremely similar.

I Bleed Purple
September 9th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Get it right people, it's the mtn.

I'd imagine BYU-UCLA, TCU-Stanford, and UNLV-Arizona St. are much more attractive to the mtn. to broadcast than Wyoming-NDSU.

AZBison
September 9th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Get it right people, it's the mtn.

I'd imagine BYU-UCLA, TCU-Stanford, and UNLV-Arizona St. are much more attractive to the mtn. to broadcast than Wyoming-NDSU.
That is if Fox Sports doesn't have all those games locked up.

sl61
September 9th, 2008, 06:40 AM
A newspaper friend of mine (in Wyoming) thinks a NDSU win would be the last nail in the Joe Glenn coffin. It appears the state has turned on him after he was beloved just a couple of years ago.

Regardless, they should let the game be televised.

SteelCurtain
September 9th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Joe Glenn will be safe. The Bison are too banged up right know to win this game and the coach is taking a different approach to this game then in previous years.

He said he is going to play a lot of back-ups to keep everyone fresh for the conference season(hopefully no more injuries)

So I personally don't look to win this one. Just get out of there without anymore players getting hurt.

If some reason our QB goes down our season would be over.

BisonBohl
September 9th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Joe Glenn will be safe. The Bison are too banged up right know to win this game and the coach is taking a different approach to this game then in previous years.

He said he is going to play a lot of back-ups to keep everyone fresh for the conference season(hopefully no more injuries)

So I personally don't look to win this one. Just get out of there without anymore players getting hurt.

You are crazy if you think Coach Bohl is going there with intentions to just play the game and get out of there. Yes we will rotate guys but that is because we can, we have a lot depth and keeping fresh legs makes us better, not to avoid injuries. I couldn't disagree more with what you said and I think like many other bison fans that we are going down there with a purpose and that is to win.

Ronbo
September 9th, 2008, 11:35 AM
You are crazy if you think Coach Bohl is going there with intentions to just play the game and get out of there. Yes we will rotate guys but that is because we can, we have a lot depth and keeping fresh legs makes us better, not to avoid injuries. I couldn't disagree more with what you said and I think like many other bison fans that we are going down there with a purpose and that is to win.

Be careful what you wish for. Wyoming is notorious for stealing Coaches. You guys go in there and womp them and a $750,000 a year offer will be on Bohls desk this summer.xnodx xsmiley_wix

NE MT GRIZZ
September 9th, 2008, 11:38 AM

I would agreee with you if this was last year. This year you guys have a chance for an autobid in the playoffs if you win your conference. Staying healthy for your conference is much more important than winning in Laramie. Most people know that NDSU is a better football team than Wyoming, you don't need to risk losing key players to prove it.

I Bleed Purple
September 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM
That is if Fox Sports doesn't have all those games locked up.

I know BYU is at home and I think TCU. I believe the home team may get first broadcast rights if I'm not mistaken.

JSUBison
September 9th, 2008, 12:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I
xrulesx

TwinTownBisonFan
September 9th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Be careful what you wish for. Wyoming is notorious for stealing Coaches. You guys go in there and womp them and a $750,000 a year offer will be on Bohls desk this summer.xnodx xsmiley_wix

They already tried to steal Joe Chapman to be their president... and then, in a move I've NEVER heard of happening anywhere... the students rallied calling on Chapman to stay... shows you the kind of place NDSU is... while other schools have protests calling for resignations over usually petty grievances... the NDSU community asked theirs to stay.

Not saying Bohl wouldn't look at it... but I suspect that he'd go to a BCS school that was struggling... but not to a middie with limited resources.

FargoBison
September 9th, 2008, 01:07 PM

You do realize that Bohl doesn't rotate QB's, right? Mertens will play the entire game unless it is a blowout. Honestly, I don't see Bohl changing his approach much. If Roehl plays at all it will be a limited roll, same with Henry, but after that Bohl is going to play to win the game. In a 11 game season you never just throw a game away.

nevadagriz
September 9th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I would play this game to win. Who knows if the bison stumble in a few games down the road, this could be a big win in helping secure a playoff spot. You guys are in a great conference you need every win, can't take a week off.

WestRiverBison
September 9th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I would play this game to win. Who knows if the bison stumble in a few games down the road, this could be a big win in helping secure a playoff spot. You guys are in a great conference you need every win, can't take a week off.

Amen to that! The Forum said he is going to rotate players to try to compensate for the elevation. I don't recall him saying anywhere that he was doing it to save players for the conference. If you're playing a game to "not get anybody hert," you might as well just have a bye week. No way do the Bison go to WY and not play 100%.

bisonwest
September 9th, 2008, 04:59 PM
The Bison are heading to Wyoming to win the game! Will coach Bohl play Ebel, Henry, or Roehl injured just to ensure a win? Absolutely not!! This season we have bigger fish to fry. But make no mistake the Bison will play to win. And I think we will in a close one. BISON 31 COWBOYS 28 (we will see)

JBB
September 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
The Cowboys have a dominating defense. Better than anything we have seen in a while. The key is to stop their run game and pressure the QB. The longer we can keep their defense on the field the more likely we will win. Last week the score was tied 3-3 until Air Force was able to wear the Pokes D down dominating from the third qtr on. Thats what the BISON will have to do. Will they win? I dont know yet but Im working on it.

Statistics wise NDSU is the far superior team but look at the competition.

Hansel
September 9th, 2008, 07:04 PM

Hopefully Bohl wants to be the next Jim Tressel instead of the next Joe Glenn. If he does well in the playoffs for a couple of years- he could get a better job than Wyo.

TonkaBison
September 9th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I get the USA Today Sports Weekly. The player to watch out of the MWFC was the RB from Wyoming. I think the key to the game will be shutting him down. How the backups fill in for the injuries fill in this weekend is key. I'm guessing LT Ebel after Nate Safe graduating could hurt us most. Time for some Senior leadership training to show!