PDA

View Full Version : Sheridan Poll - Week 2

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
And the PV Panthers continue to get a first place vote and continue to find themselves outside the top 10...very confused on this one. How is Southern in the top 10 with an 0-2 mark?

2008 Sheridan Black College Football Poll - Week 2

Team (First-place votes) Pts Record
1. Tuskegee Golden Tigers (19) 251 1-0
2. Delaware State Hornets (7) 195 1-0
3. Norfolk State Spartans (3) 179 1-1
4. South Carolina State Bulldogs 162 1-1
5. Tennessee State Tigers 144 2-0
6. Albany State Golden Rams 123 2-0
7. Hampton Pirates 84 1-1
8. Grambling State Tigers 57 1-1
9. Jackson State Tigers 45 1-1
10. Southern Jaguars 36 0-2

Others receiving votes: Prairie View A&M Panthers(2-0) (1) 34, Virginia Union Panthers 25, Bethune Cookman Wildcats(1-0) 19, Florida A&M Rattlers(1-1) 16, North Carolina A&T Aggies(2-0) 11.

DSUrocks07
September 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM
And the PV Panthers continue to get a first place vote and continue to find themselves outside the top 10...very confused on this one. How is Southern in the top 10 with an 0-2 mark?

Thats a very good question. Not sure why tho. PV should be there in that spot at least.

2008 Sheridan Black College Football Poll - Week 2

Team (First-place votes) Pts Record
1. Tuskegee Golden Tigers (19) 251 1-0
2. Delaware State Hornets (7) 195 1-0
3. Norfolk State Spartans (3) 179 1-1
4. South Carolina State Bulldogs 162 1-1
5. Tennessee State Tigers 144 2-0
6. Albany State Golden Rams 123 2-0
7. Hampton Pirates 84 1-1
8. Grambling State Tigers 57 1-1
9. Jackson State Tigers 45 1-1
10. Southern Jaguars 36 0-2

Others receiving votes: Prairie View A&M Panthers(2-0) (1) 34, Virginia Union Panthers 25, Bethune Cookman Wildcats(1-0) 19, Florida A&M Rattlers(1-1) 16, North Carolina A&T Aggies(2-0) 11.

Why can't we just play Tuskegee and smash them just to rip this poll to shreds. xnonono2x

G.S.Green
September 8th, 2008, 06:27 PM
What has NSU done to warrant such a high position?

aust42
September 8th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I think the Black Football Poll is a joke. How many "Black" schools are there? How can you fairly rank Div 1AA & II schools in the poll? Div II Tuskagee is ranked #1? Plus this is 2008, why do we have a "Black" football poll?

DSUHornet
September 8th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I think the Black Football Poll is a joke. How many "Black" schools are there? How can you fairly rank Div 1AA & II schools in the poll? Div II Tuskagee is ranked #1? Plus this is 2008, why do we have a "Black" football poll?

xpeacex

DSUHornet
September 8th, 2008, 08:11 PM
What has NSU done to warrant such a high position?

battle us to the end last year for the meac championship xrulesx
don't worry they'll slide down in two/three weeks

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM

This poll allows Southern to tout rankings regarding their standing in college football considering despite low points across the board, they have won multiple "national championships" in the last 20 years to lend "credibility" to said place...

There's a whole thread about the SWAC being a premier conference because of the illegitimate rankings that use this "national championship" as part of them...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45972

ASU33
September 8th, 2008, 09:01 PM
This poll allows Southern to tout rankings regarding their standing in college football considering despite low points across the board, they have won multiple "national championships" in the last 20 years to lend "credibility" to said place...

There's a whole thread about the SWAC being a premier conference because of the illegitimate rankings that use this "national championship" as part of them...

Dude you need to go see a shrink!xlolx Did someone from the SWAC do bad things to you as a child or something~!

813Jag
September 8th, 2008, 09:39 PM

That's a huge no. xnonox xnonox Everybody knows the Sheridan Poll is bogus. You act like Southern paid somebody to be ranked in this poll. This is the first time that I know of that Southern was still ranked at 0-2.

I still hold out hope that we can talk face to face, maybe you can take some time out of your busy schedule to catch a game at SU. xrolleyesx The food and drinks are on me.

Maybe PV can earn their way into the top 10 this weekend.

DSUrocks07
September 8th, 2008, 09:41 PM
That's a huge no. xnonox xnonox Everybody knows the Sheridan Poll is bogus. You act like Southern paid somebody to be ranked in this poll. This is the first time that I know of that Southern was still ranked at 0-2.

I still hold out hope that we can talk face to face, maybe you can take some time out of your busy schedule to catch a game at SU. xrolleyesx The food and drinks are on me.

Maybe PV can earn their way into the top 10 this weekend.

I'll take you up on that offer xnodx

813Jag
September 8th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I'll take you up on that offer xnodx
I'll got you, but this is a special TT offer. xlolx Our teams need to get together, it's been a long time. xthumbsupx

FWIW, I wouldn't rank my team at 0-2.

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2008, 10:11 PM

That was directed at SUjagTILiDIE, who loves bringing up those bogus rankings...

I went to two Southern baseball games last year. May make a basketball game, just depends on the schedule...football season is a rough time. All I know that it was hot as heck and I'll wear shorts next time I go to Southern's baseball facility -- not enough protection from the elements! I'm used to sitting in cooler areas... ;)