PDA

View Full Version : UNI QB

Ronin
September 8th, 2008, 01:17 PM
So far I've only seen the BYU game, but the freshman Davis looked very good. I was more impressed with his quick release and accuracy than I was with Grace.

Grace has the size to run up the middle, but do we really need a FB playing QB?

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2008, 09:23 PM
So far I've only seen the BYU game, but the freshman Davis looked very good. I was more impressed with his quick release and accuracy than I was with Grace.

Grace has the size to run up the middle, but do we really need a FB playing QB?

Davis didn't really do much? xconfusedx

Grace has a huge arm. The 2 picks he threw this week were not a big deal. The best QB is on the field regardless of what year they are.

Coach Vercuzdo knows what he is doing.

stevdock
September 8th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Question for you guys about Sat's game: What the heck happened?? I expected you guys to win by about 30 or so. Maybe I'm underselling USD, but I expected an easy win for you guys.

Syntax Error
September 8th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Question for you guys about Sat's game: What the heck happened?? I expected you guys to win by about 30 or so. Maybe I'm underselling USD, but I expected an easy win for you guys.USD is not chop liver but Farley is not a rub-it-in-your-face guy either. Many players needed live time.

Khan4Cats
September 9th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Question for you guys about Sat's game: What the heck happened?? I expected you guys to win by about 30 or so. Maybe I'm underselling USD, but I expected an easy win for you guys.

To be honest, we were flat.

There were other factors, like playing it pretty vanilla on both offense and defense.

We didn't switch out of the 4-3 at all despite constant 5 wide sets shown by USD. They were able to throw on us between the 30's but they couldn't run at all other than their quarterback, who did a great job scrambling when nothing was open or buying time to make throws, except towards the end of the agme when they had to throw and the D-line could concentrate on pass rush only. Traditional bend but don't break UNI defense with ball hawking afterwards (we have forced 8 fumbles through two games).
On offense we didn't get very fancy as the line is still coming together. Add into that, the fact that we are playing with a guard at center as our #1 and #2 centers are both out with injuries (hoping to have them back after the bye week here).

Hopefully we will start putting things together and be ready to roll against SDSU. Then again, this is an even numbered year in the Farley era.

UNI Pike
September 9th, 2008, 12:13 PM
To extend on Khan4cats' comments, the Oline are all new starters other than Steichen, the #1 center who is out. All have played previously, but new line and new QB definitely have some opportunity to improve.

Our defensive coverage scheme is driving fans crazy. But what do we know?

Ronin
September 10th, 2008, 01:27 PM
The defensive coverage has driven the fans crazy for several years, but it usually pays off for the Panthers (some notable exceptions).

appfan2008
September 10th, 2008, 01:30 PM
have you all sold out the unidome this year?

UNI Pike
September 10th, 2008, 01:37 PM
No - people fearful of the even year hex. NDSU will probably be sold out, if any.

Luther_Heggs
September 10th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I think the UNI QB position is still somewhat of a queston mark. So far it seems that the best thing people can say about Grace is that he can take a hit. I'm still thinking Grace will be excellent before the season is done, but right now he is still developing...along with the rest of the offense.

I also think Coach Farley is now wishing he had let Grace throw more than 7 times all last season....when UNI went 11-0! I would not be surprised to see him not make that mistake (if you can call it that) this season and give Davis some real playing time.

Bottom line...it will all be fine by this time in October. The next few games might get a little rough.