PDA

View Full Version : CCU Colgate ending for those that didn't see

bodoyle
September 8th, 2008, 07:48 AM
http://www.wpde.com/sports

scroll to the middle and there is a video clip.

mcveyrl
September 8th, 2008, 07:55 AM
HOLY #$@#!!!xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx

That was incredible....

Fordham
September 8th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Wow! Tough ending for CCSU. Have to say that a Biddle coached team will never give up and it was also good to see his quote in there simply tell it like it is and admit to the ref error.

Millwoch
September 8th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I bet David Bennet was pissed. I would hate to have heard what came out of his mouth to the refs. Hell it was his own clock operator that may have screwed up. Wow....

TheValleyRaider
September 8th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I have to say, your coach is a class act himself. Colgate radio had an interview with him from pregame, and he sounded like an awesome guy. Same with the postgame stuff. You guys have a real winner in Bennett xbowx xbowx

Thanks for the video xbowx

appfan2008
September 8th, 2008, 08:14 AM
wow that absolutely sucks for ccu... i would absolutely hate to have a game decided by anything outside of the players... refs... clock man... any of it... if this had been a high profile game the college football nation would have gone nuts!

bodoyle
September 8th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I bet David Bennet was pissed. I would hate to have heard what came out of his mouth to the refs. Hell it was his own clock operator that may have screwed up. Wow....

Mill, CDB was pissed, but he never cusses. He's very religious apparently and doesn't even say Goddamn let alone drop f* bombs etc. Not sure if that is what you were eluding to or not, but I don't think anyone has ever heard him swear. I heard him say "hell" the other day and it caught me completely off guard.

WrenFGun
September 8th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Oh my goodness.

bodoyle
September 8th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I have to say, your coach is a class act himself. Colgate radio had an interview with him from pregame, and he sounded like an awesome guy. Same with the postgame stuff. You guys have a real winner in Bennett xbowx xbowx

Thanks for the video xbowx

TVR: Thanks for the kind words, and you're welcome for the video as much as it pisses me off to watch it. CDB is a good guy, and a good recruiter/motivator but he is not a big X's and O's guy. From what I have heard from fans closer to the team than I am, and a few others that are in the program there is no discipline from the coaches, this the players (not all) are lazy, and unmotivated. A great example of this was our team cramping up yesterday in the heat and Colgate not cramping at all. That weather should be an advantage to us, and has been in the past, but not anymore.

SuperJon
September 8th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Mill, CDB was pissed, but he never cusses. He's very religious apparently and doesn't even say Goddamn let alone drop f* bombs etc. Not sure if that is what you were eluding to or not, but I don't think anyone has ever heard him swear. I heard him say "hell" the other day and it caught me completely off guard.

One of his most famous quotes is "Go home and hug your momma, hug your daddy, hug your grandma, and thank them for sending your --- to Coastal Carolina."

dgreco
September 8th, 2008, 08:48 AM
thats tough to swallow

downbythebeach
September 8th, 2008, 10:32 AM
that sucks

Mountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Absolutely brutal way to lose a game. Especially with the clock error.

xsmhx xoopsx

LCFan21
September 8th, 2008, 11:19 AM
YOU GOT ROBBED!!!!!!!xeekx

PaladinFan
September 8th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Reminds me a bit of Jerome Simpson's play a few years ago against CSU in the "wierd freaky stuff" category.

bodoyle
September 8th, 2008, 11:29 AM
YOU GOT ROBBED!!!!!!!xeekx

Yep. Nothing you can do now. Oh well.

813Jag
September 8th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Wow! xeekx Must have had SWAC Refs at that game, what a horrible call and bad breakdown on special teams.

appfan2008
September 8th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Wow! xeekx Must have had SWAC Refs at that game, what a horrible call and bad breakdown on special teams.

no honestly if i were a betting man i would say it had to be socon refs...

Go...gate
September 8th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Wow. Definitely not the way it should have ended. The refs, and not the players, decided that game, and I have a feeling the refs will be reprimanded and the clock operator will be admonished - both rightfully.

Your team, coach and players, who deserved to win, handled it with grace and class. Similarly, it seems as if our team and coach know the real score as well, though I am pleased that Colgate never quit until the final whistle; they certainly could have the way the first 50 minutes of the game went.

bodoyle
September 8th, 2008, 12:07 PM
no honestly if i were a betting man i would say it had to be socon refs...

ACC refs.

appfan2008
September 8th, 2008, 12:11 PM
ACC refs.

that figures as well...

89Hen
September 8th, 2008, 12:13 PM
What happened? The QB fumbled the attempt to spike the ball? xconfusedx Couldn't tell on the video clip.

mcveyrl
September 8th, 2008, 12:14 PM
What happened? The QB fumbled the attempt to spike the ball? xconfusedx Couldn't tell on the video clip.

I think they were in shotgun and he bobbled the snap, then the RB fell on it.

bodoyle
September 8th, 2008, 12:20 PM

Correct.

89Hen
September 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM
They ran a spike play from the shotgun? xconfusedx They deserve to lose on that alone. xsmhx

Go...gate
September 8th, 2008, 12:47 PM
They ran a spike play from the shotgun? xconfusedx They deserve to lose on that alone. xsmhx

I see this all the time.

89Hen
September 8th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I see this all the time.
I can't say for sure that I've ever seen it. I think everyone would agree that a shotgun snap has more potential for problems than one under center, no?

mcveyrl
September 8th, 2008, 01:01 PM

I thought it was weird too.

Go...gate
September 8th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I can't say for sure that I've ever seen it. I think everyone would agree that a shotgun snap has more potential for problems than one under center, no?

Yes, but I've seen Colgate, Princeton and Rutgers run it numerous times.