PDA

View Full Version : $$$ Game Database

TexasTerror
September 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Saw this link today online and wanted to share. It has a break down of the $$$ being paid out to all schools in guarantee games in addition to other payouts involved with collegiate football at the highest level.

Hopefully, this will answer questions school's fan bases may have about the amount of $$$ their teams are bringing in when they play at FBS institutions...

http://data.desmoinesregister.com/results/index.php?BRSR=0&info=ncaapayouts&conference=&school=&payout=&income=&school_link=&sort=payout&desc=desc&sortBy=ORDER+BY+payout+desc

4mcrue
September 7th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I know Team Makers personally from NDSU in Bis that could write a paycheck larger than the $275,000 for us playing Wyoming, BUT, it's a paycheck none the less.

Uncle Buck
September 7th, 2008, 09:19 PM
According to that list, UNH got nothing for beating Army, except a nice W. Then again, Army should have asked for money from UNH.

UNHWildCats
September 7th, 2008, 09:30 PM
According to that list, UNH got nothing for beating Army, except a nice W. Then again, Army should have asked for money from UNH.
I'll assume the amount isnt known by them yet, because I seriously doubt UNH travels to West Point for free.

gt_bison
September 7th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Jacksonville State only got $150k to come to Atlanta and get beat up? Georgia Tech is paying Mississippi State that much money to come to town. Sounds like somebody should have held out for more money. I'm almost going to feel sorry for Wyoming if they lose to the Bison on Saturday after paying $275k in order to play us.

BEAR
September 7th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Tulsa's paying UCA $200k to play 3 hours up the I-40....interesting. Guess we're just another paid win for them...xlolx

Arkansas is paying Tulsa $850k to come to Fayetteville....

Looks like UCA should have held out for more $...I mean we will offer them better competition than the hogs will.

mainejeff
September 7th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Maine got paid $400,000 for their game at Iowa and paid about $75,000 for their charter.....so they netted about $325,000.

furpal87
September 7th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Army or Navy doesn't have to give any info out on most about anything for government rules

JayJ79
September 7th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I'll assume the amount isnt known by them yet, because I seriously doubt UNH travels to West Point for free.

how unpatriotic of UNH. :p

Redwyn
September 7th, 2008, 10:54 PM
That type of money is pretty impressive. Seems like you can subsidize additional scholarships each year you compete against a I-A team. Is there a reason some teams wouldn't go for that option?

UNHWILDCATS05
September 8th, 2008, 08:58 AM

I heard that instead of a big single check, UNH was just allowed to keep the money from all the tickets they were able to sell out of their 2500 allotment... don't know if this is accurate

appfan2008
September 8th, 2008, 09:08 AM
wcu got 300k from fsu to come and be roasted...
utc will get 460k to get scoarched as welll...

why the difference?

appfan2008
September 8th, 2008, 09:11 AM
also did any fcs get payed more than asu's 750k to go to lsu?

the highest i saw was ysu going to osu for 650k

NorthernColorado
September 8th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Hey, Purdue paid us 400k. Nice.

Holy cow, did you see Tennessee's payouts?

SEC Tennessee Wyoming $200,000
SEC Tennessee Northern Illinois $700,000
SEC Tennessee Alabama-Birmingham $750,000

Husky Alum
September 8th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I heard that instead of a big single check, UNH was just allowed to keep the money from all the tickets they were able to sell out of their 2500 allotment... don't know if this is accurate

Army doesn't pay guarantees. The "guarantee" is based on ticket sales as the UNH poster indicates above.

Navy apparently does pay guarantees. When NU played at Navy in 2004 we got between $125K and $150K.

NU allegedly will receive somewhere in the low to mid $300K's to be Syracuse's homecoming opponent this season.

Tennessee can pay those huge payouts because their stadium seats 100K people. Let's say they sell 75,000 tickets (I'm assuming students get in free), at an average of $25 a ticket (which is probably low), that's $1.875 million in ticket revenue, less the guarantee, gives them about $1.1 million in profit, just on ticket sales.

Then you layer in concessions, parking, additional dollars from advertising, it's not a bad gig.

Boston College's payouts to "local" (New England) schools are low because there are negligible travel costs, and the "privilege" of letting "second tier" schools like UMass, NU, URI, Maine, etc. play on their hallowed grounds is worth something.

NU's costs for getting to BC next year will be the same as getting to Parsons Field for a home game.

When you consider it costs $75K to fly a FCS team from the east coast to the midwest (it cost NU as much to fly from Boston to Muncie, IN as it did for Maine to get to Iowa City), playing a local FBS team for less money isn't a bad gig.

NU will bus to Syracuse (you can't fly a regular sized plany from Boston to Syracuse any more), and will get a nice paycheck from the game.