1:00 PM

BUCKNELL @ Robert Morris

FORDHAM @ Dayton

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE
6:00 PM

HOLY CROSS - Bye

For those that missed the Week 2 results here they are, more or less in the order that the games were completed:

LEHIGH 19, Drake 0 Lehigh is 1-0, 0-0

UMass 45, HOLY CROSS 42 Holy Cross is 0-1, 0-0

LAFAYETTE 28, Marist 6 Lafayette is 1-0, 0-0

BUCKNELL 48, Duquesne 42 Bucknell is 1-0, 0-0

FORDHAM 16, Rhode Island 0 Fordham is 1-0, 0-0

GEORGETOWN 12, Howard 7 Georgetown is 1-0, 0-0

COLGATE 23, Coastal Carolina 19 Colgate is 1-1, 0-0

That's 6-1 vs. OOC for the weekend and 6-2 for 2008.

Seawolf97
September 7th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Glad to see Colgate bounce back in dramatic fashion !

Go...gate
September 7th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Fordham - Dayton could be interesting.

LehighFan11
September 7th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Villanova
Furman
Bucknell
Fordham
Lafayette

Redwyn
September 7th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I'm very interested in Colgate vs. Furman. Looking forward to next week

ngineer
September 7th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Here we go:

Villanova should be a solid favorite, but we have played them tough over the past three meetings, winning once, two years ago down there. I think we're capable of pulling the upset if the D can hold the Wildcats below 24 pts., but that will be tough. So though the heart is elsewhere, the head says Villanova 31-27.

I think Furman will have too many weapons for Colgate, though, again, the game should be close. "Have Guns Will Travel" 24-21.

Bucknell feeling good about their offense do it again, 35-30.

The Rams seething for revenge, get it..28-24

Georgetown feeling good after beating Howard, but their offense will have no where to go against Lafayette. Leopards 24-6.

Going out on a limb, Holy Cross will succeed in their Bye...;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Bucknell 31 Robert Morris 13- I don't know much about Robert Morris but i do know they aren't one of the stronger teams in the NEC. Bucknell does seemed improved. How much? That might take a couple weeks to find out

Fordham 35 Dayton 17- Fordham should get revenge against the Flyers. I surprised the Rams only scored 16 points against URI. They should break out this week.

Lafayette 38 Georgetown 13- Lafayette has had trouble in the past with the Hoya's but i don't see this one being too close.

Furman 42 Colgate 27: Colgate got a big win against CCU otherwise they'd be staring 0-3 in the face. I think they'll battle Furman but in the end they'll come up short.

Villanova 24 Lehigh 21: All three of these games in this series have been close with the road team winning each time. Lehigh has the defense to keep 'Nova under wraps i think it'll be up to the offense to win the game. I think Lehigh will come up just short but will walk away feeling good about the rest of the year.

letsgopards04
September 8th, 2008, 07:19 AM
LEHIGH @ Villanova: Lehigh will represent the league well and pull out a close one against the CAA

Furman @ COLGATE: Furman -

BUCKNELL @ Robert Morris: Bucknell - seem improved but need to avoid late scoring barages.

FORDHAM @ Dayton: Fordham gets its revenge.

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE: Lafayette (Hopefully the weather will allow the Pards to play actual football for the whole game instead of being forced into a run every play, should be a good one)
6:00 PM

Fordham
September 8th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Lehigh
Furman
Bucknell
Fordham
Lafayette

What did we learn from the first full week of games in the PL?

*Perhaps the only PL team to lose this week put up the best performance of all of us.

*What's up with Bucknell? Can someone explain what happened there that had them up by such a collosal amount but had the game finish so close?

*Colgate has heart.

*Georgetown off to a great start

*Lehigh & Lafayette took care of business in simple but convincing fashion.

*We're better than we were last year. Possibly much, much better.

Perhaps news of the PL's demise has been greatly exaggerated?

DetroitFlyer
September 8th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Wow, imagine my surprise that AGSers are picking Fordham over my Flyers.... Good, I like to be the "underdog". I agree that on paper, Fordham should be favored. Dayton only has two starters returning on offense. All everything QB Kevin Hoyng graduated.... Against Central State, the offense struggled. We still have a solid defense that should have a better game against Fordham than we did against CSU, (first game kinks). The key for the defense will be to pressure Fordham's QB.

I am glad that we are at home this year. Fordham will be coming off a short week, while Dayton has had two weeks to prepare. Should be a great and classic FCS match-up. I'll be there! I hope a good contingent of Rams fans make it Dayton. The old astroturf is gone and we now have a nice field turf surface. Can't wait till Saturday! By the way, if any Rams fans need advice concerning the trip to Dayton, send me a PM and I'll do my best to assist! (I got great help on my visit to Fordham last year).

Hopefully, the weather is OK this year. The long range forecast looks OK so far....

Safe travels to Dayton!

My gut says:

Dayton 38 Fordham 35

Fordham
September 8th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the welcoming invite, DF. How about a little wager to reflect the confidence we have in our teams?

A Dayton win and I'll adopt your Flyers helmet avatar for the remainder of the '08 season ...

A Fordham win and you can't reference last year's game any more on AGS?

What do you say? :)

LCFan21
September 8th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Nova
Furman
Bucknell
Fordham
Lafayette

Overall record 6-2 - 6-6" with Afro!

LehighFan11
September 8th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Fordham vs. Dayton is a very interesting matchup. Dayton wants to prove they can compete vs. a playoff contending opponent for the second straight year and Fordham obviously was revenge. It seems like Dayton has lost some offensive firepower and I believe that will be their downfall vs. Fordham. Don't let the 16-0 game fool you about Fordham's offense. I would expect them to score over 30 points vs. Dayton. I expect Dayton to take pride at home and compete but fall 35-21.

LehighFan11
September 8th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Hey, Fordham guys what is the deal with Jamar Livingston? I saw he wasn't int he box score vs. URI. Is he expected to play much this year? Please say no.

carney2
September 8th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Villanova over LEHIGH - The Squawkers have been chanting for months that this is their "show me" game. Somehow, some way, the season is riding on this one. I don't think so. It is what it is. The Squawks are in over their FeatherHeads. There is a chance that they get blown out. None of it means a thing as far as the rest of the season goes.

Furman over COLGATE - Here's hoping the Felons make it interesting. (They may be undisciplined hooligans, but they're our undisciplined hooligans.)

BUCKNELL over Robert Morris - I went to school with a guy named Robert Morris. He couldn't/didn't play football, so... In any event, the Buffalo granted a degree to KenZ and blew a 35 point halftime lead last week vs. Duquesne, so they are still on probation.

FORDHAM over Dayton - I neither know nor care anything about Dayton. Despite last year's road bump, this does not appear competitive on paper.

LAFAYETTE over GEORGETOWN - The Hoyas are basking in the glow. The League is smiling along with them. Now, it's back to reality. As the game wears on, expect the Pards to run the clock and not the scoreboard. It will however, be convincing.

Oh yeah, everyone seems to be keeping their own tally using the honor system. I am an unbelievable 7-1 at the moment and am having second thoughts about not doing the Patsy Pool.

bison137
September 8th, 2008, 12:03 PM
*What's up with Bucknell? Can someone explain what happened there that had them up by such a collosal amount but had the game finish so close?

1. Offense was wide-open for the first 2 1/2 quarters, and moved the ball at will. Then got conservative. Also fumbled the ball away three times during the last 20 minutes - once as they were about to score another TD.

2. Defense got conservative with the big lead - I guess to prevent the quick, long scoring strike. So instead they put no pressure on the QB and gave up a ton of short/medium passes and five TD passes in the final 22 minutes. Duquesne's QB, Dixon, who just transferred in from Michigan State, could be one of the better QB's in FCS.

3. Duquesne's last TD came with 14 seconds left, so the game was not in much doubt. Score was still 48-28 with 2:30 remaining.

letsgopards04
September 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Wow, imagine my surprise that AGSers are picking Fordham over my Flyers.... Good, I like to be the "underdog". I agree that on paper, Fordham should be favored. Dayton only has two starters returning on offense. All everything QB Kevin Hoyng graduated.... Against Central State, the offense struggled. We still have a solid defense that should have a better game against Fordham than we did against CSU, (first game kinks). The key for the defense will be to pressure Fordham's QB.

I am glad that we are at home this year. Fordham will be coming off a short week, while Dayton has had two weeks to prepare. Should be a great and classic FCS match-up. I'll be there! I hope a good contingent of Rams fans make it Dayton. The old astroturf is gone and we now have a nice field turf surface. Can't wait till Saturday! By the way, if any Rams fans need advice concerning the trip to Dayton, send me a PM and I'll do my best to assist! (I got great help on my visit to Fordham last year).

Hopefully, the weather is OK this year. The long range forecast looks OK so far....

Safe travels to Dayton!

My gut says:

Dayton 38 Fordham 35

If you are gonna come on this thread why don't you pick all the games as everyone here is?

DetroitFlyer
September 8th, 2008, 12:43 PM
If you are gonna come on this thread why don't you pick all the games as everyone here is?

Just not that interested in all the other games and I do not want to be on the hook for predictions for the rest of the season. (After this week, I will be a Fordham fan the rest of the way in the Patriot League, although I have always kind of followed that team named after a popular toothpaste since I was a kid). By the way, the toothpaste team did so well this past weekend that there was actually an article in the Dayton Daily News concerning the dramatic, last second victory.... I can barely keep up with my PFL picks on the PFL board.... Sorry to have intruded on this sacred space.

JoltinJoe
September 8th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Hey, Fordham guys what is the deal with Jamar Livingston? I saw he wasn't int he box score vs. URI. Is he expected to play much this year? Please say no.

The coaches like Livingston a lot, but the word around campus is that sophomore Xavier Martin is better and will be starting until further notice.

Livingston was not on the two-deep for the URI game.

bison137
September 8th, 2008, 12:53 PM
[B] the Buffalo granted a degree to KenZ and blew a 35 point halftime lead last week vs. Duquesne, so they are still on probation.

Have you ever actually seen a Bucknell diploma with KenZ's name on it? :)

carney2
September 8th, 2008, 01:04 PM

You have me there and your point is well taken. He would be much more believable stating "I is a gerduate of [pencil in the name of your favorite literacy optional institution]"

If he's Bucknell, he majored in mean.

Ken_Z
September 8th, 2008, 02:32 PM

hey, wait a minute, you aren't supposed to be supporting the opposition

Ken_Z
September 8th, 2008, 02:34 PM
You have me there and your point is well taken. He would be much more believable stating "I is a gerduate of [pencil in the name of your favorite literacy optional institution]"

so you are suggesting, "I is a gerduate of Lafayet"

LehighFan11
September 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM
so you are suggesting, "I is a gerduate of Lafayet"

Haha, I'm always in favor of good humor towards Lafayette. Points to KenZ.

LUHawker
September 8th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Should be a great and classic FCS match-up. I'll be there! My gut says:

Dayton 38 Fordham 35

Nothing spells "classic" FCS match-up like Dayton-Fordham. What are you smoking?

Once again you're making predictions with your gut and not your head.

LCFan21
September 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Nothing spells "classic" FCS match-up like Dayton-Fordham. What are you smoking?

NO WAY DAYTON PUTS UP 38 ON FORDHAM.....NOT HAPPENING!

DetroitFlyer
September 9th, 2008, 07:28 AM

Wow, glad to see you can read! You must be a graduate of a fine Patriot League institution!

I stand by my statement that Fordham visiting Dayton is a "classic" FCS game. If you had attended last season's game in the Bronx, you would at least have a basis for your silly statement. Just another FCS fan with an inflated view of his team's conference.... It is bad enough that we have to put up with all of the FBS wannabees here at AGS, I expect better of PL fans....

Franks Tanks
September 9th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Wow, glad to see you can read! You must be a graduate of a fine Patriot League institution!

I stand by my statement that Fordham visiting Dayton is a "classic" FCS game. If you had attended last season's game in the Bronx, you would at least have a basis for your silly statement. Just another FCS fan with an inflated view of his team's conference.... It is bad enough that we have to put up with all of the FBS wannabees here at AGS, I expect better of PL fans....

Still recovering from Drake's whooping I suspect. Lehigh didnt even throw a pass is the 2nd half xlolx

LUHawker
September 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM

DF - My comments have ZERO to do with any perceived inflated view of the PL that you think I may have. They have everything to do with your empty efforts to categorize a Fordham-Dayton match-up as a classic. I think you need to have a bit more history (oh, say like more than one game played between the teams, for instance) to call it a classic.

Moreover, when you state that you pick your games using your gut, that implies that you are conducting no intellectual analysis for making your prognostication.

I admire your persistent efforts to jaw-bone up the reputation and stature of the PFL; however, at some point, you need to learn when to tone it down.

LUHawker
September 9th, 2008, 08:57 AM
LEHIGH @ Villanova - Although I bleed Brown & White, I think Villanova wins this 28-17. Both defenses are solid, but Nova's offense has a more proven QB and not as many questions as Lehigh.

Furman @ COLGATE - Colgate escaped going 0-2 with the gift from the Gods on Sunday, but I think Furman takes this one.

BUCKNELL @ Robert Morris - Bucknell is probably a team that will be hot and cold all year. This week they should have the talent advantage to be hot. Bucknell by 21.

FORDHAM @ Dayton - Despite Detroit Flyer's perspective to the contrary, Fordham is the real deal, and this year's Dayton squad isn't last year's. Fordham by 14.

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE - This is the most intriguing match-up of the week. Lafayette has the size and depth experience and comes off a bulldozing of Marist. However, G'Town may have some unusual confidence following their win against Howard. While I expect Lafayette to win this one, I think it will be tighter than LC fans would like. Marist, which was woefully undersized compared to LC, showed it could use some speed to move the ball a bit, exposing perhaps a weakness in LC. G'Town isn't much bigger than Marist, but probably more talented and seems to give LC some fits in years past. Lafayette ultimately by 17, but closer than it sounds.

HOLY CROSS - Bye

DetroitFlyer
September 9th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Still recovering from Drake's whooping I suspect. Lehigh didnt even throw a pass is the 2nd half xlolx

Since when is 19-0 a "whooping"? If you were talking about Jacksonville at App State, I would agree with you.... Considering that Drake has had three different head coaches the past three seasons, I think they did OK against Lehigh. In fact, Lehigh was lucky to have caught Drake in this coaching change cycle.

Here is a direct quote from an obviously knowledgeable Lehigh fan that visited us on the PFL board:

"Lehigh does appear to be bigger and more physical, but not by much. Drake could compete OK in the Patriot League from what I saw, probably mid to lower half of the standings if they did."

At least I know there is some hope PL fans!xlolx

OL FU
September 9th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Villanova
Bucknell
Fordham
Lafayette

Furmanxsmiley_wix Not over confident at all. I will say it again, it is not unusual for FU to have an early season away FUbar ( to quote the Cap'n).
2005 Western, 2006 CCU, 2007 Hofstra. Not that we didn't deserve to lose those games. We did, and while credit goes to the victor we didn't play well in any of them.

I think 6-5 last year will help them stay focused this year (do we have a fingers crossed emoticon:o ).

Franks Tanks
September 9th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Since when is 19-0 a "whooping"? If you were talking about Jacksonville at App State, I would agree with you.... Considering that Drake has had three different head coaches the past three seasons, I think they did OK against Lehigh. In fact, Lehigh was lucky to have caught Drake in this coaching change cycle.Here is a direct quote from an obviously knowledgeable Lehigh fan that visited us on the PFL board:

"Lehigh does appear to be bigger and more physical, but not by much. Drake could compete OK in the Patriot League from what I saw, probably mid to lower half of the standings if they did."

It was only 19-0 because they were playing in an absolute mossoon. Also the coaching cycle has nothing to do what happened in the Lehigh game. Lehigh just lined up in a plain vanilla D and ran the ball all day long physically dominating Drake. San Diego and Dayton were very good over the last gew years, most of the rest of the PFL is D-III -- sorry its the truth.

DetroitFlyer
September 9th, 2008, 09:40 AM
DF - My comments have ZERO to do with any perceived inflated view of the PL that you think I may have. They have everything to do with your empty efforts to categorize a Fordham-Dayton match-up as a classic. I think you need to have a bit more history (oh, say like more than one game played between the teams, for instance) to call it a classic.

Moreover, when you state that you pick your games using your gut, that implies that you are conducting no intellectual analysis for making your prognostication.

I admire your persistent efforts to jaw-bone up the reputation and stature of the PFL; however, at some point, you need to learn when to tone it down.

There is a thing that is referred to as "intangibles". It comes into play when a team wins a game that maybe they should not win on paper or according to popular wisdom. My experience tells me that the Flyers are excellent at exploiting the “intangibles”. I am extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the Dayton Flyers, and I have been following Fordham pretty closely since last year. Unlike you, I was actually in attendance for the 2007 Flyer victory. Most so called "objective experts" would rate this game very close, with a slight, and I do mean slight, advantage to Fordham. My years of experience with the Dayton Flyers tells me that often times, UD finds a way to win these types of games. Mike Kelly did not have a hall of fame career by losing a bunch of football games.... Furthermore, I anticipate that Fordham's potent offense will score some points in spite of the Flyers excellent defense. So, if the Flyers are going to find a way to win, I believe that it will be because the offense has found a way to score a good number of points on the Rams.

Does this play out on paper? Probably not. But "my gut" tells me that my prediction is a very plausible scenario. Is “my gut” based on facts? Of course it is! I did not pick Jacksonville to defeat Appalachian State because “my gut” somehow mystically told me to pick JU…. I picked App State to hammer the Dolphins. I have picked the Flyers to win this game based on my knowledge of the teams, experience, the home field advantage, and the previously mentioned “intangibles”.

Let me just say, there is actually a reason that they play the games…. If the outcomes were already predetermined by all of you so called experts, Saturday afternoons might be spent watching the outcomes on you computer as the numbers were crunched from some database….

By the way, as part of your education, Fordham and Dayton have played three times. Fordham has yet to defeat the mighty Flyers….

10/21/78 – Dayton 19 Fordham 10 in New York

10/20/79 – Dayton 59 Fordham 11 in Dayton

9/22/07 – Dayton 31 Fordham 24 in New York

Please do not thank me for the lesson. If you wish to follow-up, I highly recommend a graduate program at Dayton!

One last thing, before you run off with your panties in a bunch, my comments are all meant to be in good fun and to harbor a competitive spirit between the PL and the PFL!

DetroitFlyer
September 9th, 2008, 09:51 AM
It was only 19-0 because they were playing in an absolute mossoon. Also the coaching cycle has nothing to do what happened in the Lehigh game. Lehigh just lined up in a plain vanilla D and ran the ball all day long physically dominating Drake. San Diego and Dayton were very good over the last gew years, most of the rest of the PFL is D-III -- sorry its the truth.

Yep, it was pretty impressive last season when Division III Drake defeated Illinois State.... Not often when a Division III team defeats a full scholarship team from the former Gateway Conference.... Also interesting to note that Division III Davidson defeated Georgetown the last time they played.... Amazing how Division III Jacksonville defeated FCS Savannah State just this season, (OK, that one may be a bit of a stretch....xnodx )

What is truly sad here, and I mean this sincerely, is that in order to make you feel better about the PL, you have to put down the Pioneer Football League. Of course, you would be the first to complain when a SOCON or MVC fan does the same to your team / conference.

It would seem as though the terrible FBS Wannabee virus has infected you.... I hope for your well being, a cure is quickly discovered!

andy7171
September 9th, 2008, 09:56 AM
So Drake was good last year, but not this year because of coaching changes?

DetroitFlyer
September 9th, 2008, 10:13 AM
So Drake was good last year, but not this year because of coaching changes?

Look where Drake finished in the PFL last year and decide if they were "good". Very few if any programs are going to perform at a high level with three different head coaches in three consecutive seasons.

2006 - Rob Ash
2007 - Steve Loney
2008 - Chris Creighton

Ash was obviously thinking about leaving in 2006. Loney only had a one year gig and agreed to take the job as a favor, (Ash left very late). Chris may offer some much needed stability. Can he coach at the FCS level? Only time will tell....

How would your school do on the recruiting trail with this kind of head coaching churn? My guess is not very well. Given the head coaching churn at Drake, they have actually done fairly well. I hope that the school has figured out a way to not only attract a good coach, but a way to keep a good coach. (Not always easy to do in the world of FCS football).

LeopardFan04
September 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Villanova
Furman
Bucknell
Fordham
Lafayette

LUHawker
September 9th, 2008, 10:50 AM
To Detroit Flyer:

Are you familiar with the phrase: "she doth protest too much"?

If not, please investigate, if so, please heed the message.

Also, if you're intent is to foster a "competitive spirit" between fans of the PL and fans of Dayton, PFL, et. al, you are failing miserably.

Purple Knight
September 9th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Furman[/B] over COLGATE - Here's hoping the Felons make it interesting. (They may be undisciplined hooligans, but they're our undisciplined hooligans.)

I like the conference loyalty. Wish more of SoCon fans felt same way.

Franks Tanks
September 9th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Yep, it was pretty impressive last season when Division III Drake defeated Illinois State.... Not often when a Division III team defeats a full scholarship team from the former Gateway Conference.... Also interesting to note that Division III Davidson defeated Georgetown the last time they played.... Amazing how Division III Jacksonville defeated FCS Savannah State just this season, (OK, that one may be a bit of a stretch....xnodx )

What is truly sad here, and I mean this sincerely, is that in order to make you feel better about the PL, you have to put down the Pioneer Football League. Of course, you would be the first to complain when a SOCON or MVC fan does the same to your team / conference.

It would seem as though the terrible FBS Wannabee virus has infected you.... I hope for your well being, a cure is quickly discovered!

You keep pointing to the ridicilious point of a coaching change. However Drake beat Illinois State in the first game last year with a new coach so exactly how did that negatively affect them last year. Drake had a solid team last year it appears, but not so much this year.

Using wins over Georgetown (of last year as they seem inproved in 08) and Sav State is just not even worth noting. xoopsx

crusader11
September 9th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Detroit Flyer the new Mplsbison?

TheValleyRaider
September 9th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Just like the Patriot League OOC, I am 6-2 on the season xnodx

Lehigh at Villanova Villanova Mountain Hawks feeling good about themselves after a nice win over Drake in the opener. Unfortunately, Villanova appears to be a lot better than Drake. Lehigh will hopefully keep it close, but I can't see them pulling this one out

Furman at Colgate Colgate Two teams that love to pound the ball, and who (generally) play good defense. Too bad for Colgate it won't be snowing. Still, the Paladins have shown a weakness in early season road games over the years, which gives me some hope. The Raiders are 1-1 on sheer guts, determination, and more than a little bit of luck, and they'll need all three on Saturday

Bucknell at Robert Morris Bucknell Nice as the win against Duquesne was, we don't know quite how they stand in the NEC scheme of things, though my hunch is they'll be right around the middle. Kind of like Robert Morris. Bison win on the road, start a surprising 2-0

Fordham at Dayton Fordham This is a different Fordham team than the one Dayton beat last year, more confident and more experienced. This is also not the same Flyers team, replacing a talented QB and a Hall-of-Fame coach. The Rams keep winning for the time being

Georgetown at Lafayette Lafayette Both picked up OOC wins over the weekend on the road. Georgetown arguably played the tougher opponent, but scholarships don't necessarily equal better quality of team. Leopards win at home under the lights to take an early lead in the League as they push to get their title back

OL FU
September 9th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Furman at Colgate Colgate Two teams that love to pound the ball, and who (generally) play good defense. Too bad for Colgate it won't be snowing. Still, the Paladins have shown a weakness in early season road games over the years, which gives me some hope. The Raiders are 1-1 on sheer guts, determination, and more than a little bit of luck, and they'll need all three on Saturday

Homer:p

TheValleyRaider
September 9th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Homer:p

I've never suggested otherwise :D

hc12
September 9th, 2008, 07:02 PM
LEHIGH @ Villanova nova 24 lehigh10

Furman @ COLGATE furman21 convicts14

BUCKNELL @ Robert Morris R.M. 28 bucknell21

FORDHAM @ Dayton fordham 28 dayton 17

GEORGETOWN @ LAFAYETTE lafayette28 georgetown 10
6:00

flyenhigh
September 9th, 2008, 09:58 PM
The Dayton Fordham game should be VERY interesting. I am pulling for my flyers but something tells me it is going to be close. I have selected Dayton but dont really know what to think of this years team yet. The game will test the flyers and let us know where they stand vs last year.

OL FU
September 10th, 2008, 06:28 AM
I've never suggested otherwise :D

Not making a comparison, but I once ask citdog why he couldn't make a realistic prediction regarding the Citadel when it was obvious they were over matched. he looked at me and "What fun would that be?":)

TheValleyRaider
September 10th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Not making a comparison, but I once ask citdog why he couldn't make a realistic prediction regarding the Citadel when it was obvious they were over matched. he looked at me and "What fun would that be?":)

See, it's all in fun, anyway

Besides, Furman's good, but it's not like you guys are Michig...uh..LSU or anything xsmiley_wix

bison137
September 10th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Villanova 27 Lehigh 17
Furman 27 Colgate 20
Bucknell 27 Robert Morris 20
Fordham 28 Dayton 24
Lafayette 27 Georgetown 6

ColgateTD
September 10th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Villanova
Colgate
Bucknell
Fordham
Lafayette

my record: 6-2

jdb037
September 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Villanova 21 Lehigh 6
Furman 41 Colgate 17
Bucknell 35 Robert Morris 28
Fordham 17 Dayton 3
Lafayette 38 Georgetown 10

OL FU
September 10th, 2008, 04:07 PM
See, it's all in fun, anyway

Besides, Furman's good, but it's not like you guys are Michig...uh..LSU or anything xsmiley_wix

Good thing for you otherwise your home opener would have been delayed another weekxsmiley_wix

MDFAN
September 10th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Villanova 28 Lehigh 7
Furman 35 Colgate 17
Bucknell 42 Robert Morris 7
Fordham 27 Dayton 3
Lafayette 35 Georgetown 7

flyenhigh
September 10th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Do you really think that UD is only going to score 3 points? IMO that makes no logical sense based on UD's offense in the past.

ngineer
September 10th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Villanova
Bucknell
Fordham
Lafayette

Furmanxsmiley_wix Not over confident at all. I will say it again, it is not unusual for FU to have an early season away FUbar ( to quote the Cap'n).
2005 Western, 2006 CCU, 2007 Hofstra. Not that we didn't deserve to lose those games. We did, and while credit goes to the victor we didn't play well in any of them.

I think 6-5 last year will help them stay focused this year (do we have a fingers crossed emoticon:o ).

NO! I was looking for one a few days ago myself.xlolx

ngineer
September 10th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Since when is 19-0 a "whooping"? If you were talking about Jacksonville at App State, I would agree with you.... Considering that Drake has had three different head coaches the past three seasons, I think they did OK against Lehigh. In fact, Lehigh was lucky to have caught Drake in this coaching change cycle.

Here is a direct quote from an obviously knowledgeable Lehigh fan that visited us on the PFL board:

I think the 19 point margin was pretty close to what most people were predicting. The storm obviously effected the total number of points, as I had predicted something like 34-13. On a dry day, some of McGowan's runs would have gone for huge gains, if not TDs. So whether a 19 point loss is a 'whopping' all depends on whose ox is being gored. That said, I do agree with the observation that Drake could compete in the PL, albeit in the bottom half. Based on last year's teams, they likely would have beaten Georgetown. Bucknell a toss-up and losses to everyone else.

The Last Engineer
September 11th, 2008, 08:08 AM
As Lehigh was predicted to finish 5th in the PL, shouldn't Drake ("mid to lower half of standings") have been at least remotely competitive on Saturday? The game was 13-0 before the Marching 97 was even in their seats and the Lehigh offense just ground it out the rest of the way. Should have been more like a 27-3 result. I agree with ngineer on this one... Drake would beat GTown and maybe Bucknell in 2007.

I sense a lot of PFL frustration out there. It actually bears an eerie resemblence to the PL frustration that we display whenever we step up against the FCS power conferences. Rodney Dangerfields of the FCS world unite!

Lehigh 20 @ Villanova 28 - Too many questions on LU offense and in secondary. Hope I am wrong.

Furman 28, Colgate 17
Bucknell 35, Bobby Mo 31
Fordham 34, Dayton 14
Lafayette 31, GTown 17

Ken_Z
September 11th, 2008, 09:09 AM
LEHIGH 7 @ Villanova 31: Talleycats way too strong for a weak Lehigh team that only managed to beat Drake (a PFL team for god's sake) by 19.

Furman 28 @ COLGATE 14: is it too early for a snowstorm to help the gaters steal a win?

BUCKNELL 35 @ Robert Morris 24: the Bison world domination tour continues; okay, the NEC domination tour; err, the we can edge out a couple of lesser NEC teams tour.

FORDHAM 52 @ Dayton 14: a couple of years ago the PL instituted a rule for basketball prohibiting playing D2 and D3 teams in order to improve its image. a similar prohibition on PFL football games is in order. (of course, my comments are all meant to be in good fun and to harbor a competitive spirit between the PL and the PFL!, yaah that's the ticket xsmiley_wix )

GEORGETOWN 14 @ LAFAYETTE 24: i is a gerduate of Lafayet and are Leperds are gonna kick sum Hoya but.

LUHawker
September 11th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Talleycats way too strong for a weak Lehigh team that only managed to beat Drake (a PFL team for god's sake) by 19.

Way to stick it to this conversation.

OL FU
September 11th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Furman 28 @ COLGATE 14: is it too early for a snowstorm to help the gaters steal a win?

No snow, but it is going to be cold.

http://www.sumnertn.com/freezing1.jpg

6-10 Day Forecast for
Hamilton

Saturday
Partly Cloudy
High 66°F
Low 47°F

Precip. 20 %

carney2
September 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Here's what the professionals are saying about this week's games:

Villanova over LEHIGH by 11

Furman over COLGATE by 17 1/2

BUCKNELL over Robert Morris by 5

FORDHAM over Dayton by 6

LAFAYETTE over GEORGETOWN by 22

LUHawker
September 11th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Here's what the professionals are saying about this week's games:

Villanova over LEHIGH by 11

Furman over COLGATE by 17 1/2

BUCKNELL over Robert Morris by 5

FORDHAM over Dayton by 6

LAFAYETTE over GEORGETOWN by 22

Even money with Lehigh getting 11

I'll take Colgate and the points

I'll give 6 and take Fordham.

Georgetown with 22 is even I think

and I'll take Bucknell and give 5

DFW HOYA
September 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Villanova
Furman
Bucknell
Fordham
Lafayette

DetroitFlyer
September 12th, 2008, 12:55 PM
What a difference a year makes.... Last year, I'm thinking that probably about 2/3 of AGSers picked Fordham over Dayton.... This year, I think I am the only one picking a Dayton win....

I guess winning a PL Championship and being picked to repeat has a material impact on folks thinking....xlolx

ColgateTD
September 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM
No snow, but it is going to be cold.

http://www.sumnertn.com/freezing1.jpg

OL FU, you don't know what cold is. In Hamilton 66 is tropical and 47 is warm. Try showing up for games with a foot or two of snow on the field and temps in the single digits or colder..xsmiley_wix

TheValleyRaider
September 12th, 2008, 01:39 PM
He's from the South

60s is jacket-wearing cold :D

OL FU
September 12th, 2008, 01:44 PM
He's from the South

60s is jacket-wearing cold :D

If it is 60 in September you stay in doors. xnodx

Gotta let the body tempature cool down to 60 slowly. About the middle of November works for going outside in 60 degree weatherxthumbsupx

Go...gate
September 12th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Nice slate of games this week.

Villanova 30, Lehigh 23

Furman 33, Colgate 24

Bucknell 20, Robert Morris 16

Fordham 35, Dayton 30

Lafayette 24, Georgetown 13

Fordham
September 12th, 2008, 06:50 PM
What a difference a year makes.... Last year, I'm thinking that probably about 2/3 of AGSers picked Fordham over Dayton.... This year, I think I am the only one picking a Dayton win....

I guess winning a PL Championship and being picked to repeat has a material impact on folks thinking....xlolx

it could also be a nice homage to Hoyng. He was remarkable last year and losing him would impact any team the following year significantly.

... now how about that wager?

CrusaderBob
September 12th, 2008, 08:40 PM
4 - 3 last week.
4 - 3 on the year.

Started out slow last year too, then came on strong. The picks:

Villanova over the Lehigh UPS Delivery Men
Fordham over the Dayton PF Flyers
Bucknell over the Robert Morris Samuel Adams Boston Lagers
Furman over the Colagte Raiders of the Ladies Dorm
Lafayette over the Georgetown Other Hoyas.

ngineer
September 12th, 2008, 09:48 PM
4 - 3 last week.
4 - 3 on the year.

Started out slow last year too, then came on strong. The picks:

Villanova over the Lehigh UPS Delivery Men
Fordham over the Dayton PF Flyers
Bucknell over the Robert Morris Samuel Adams Boston Lagers
Furman over the Colagte Raiders of the Ladies Dorm
Lafayette over the Georgetown Other Hoyas.

Great Scott, that's a good one!;)

CrusaderBob
September 12th, 2008, 10:24 PM
TY ngineer! :p