PDA

View Full Version : Attention App State Fans

IndianaAppMan
September 7th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Let's see if we can put our dollars together and get a month sponsored for AGS next year. I'd prefer the fall, when AGS gets the most traffic.

Besides, as many of us that there are who post here, it wouldn't cost very much if we split the cost equally:

20 donors: $10 each
40 donors: $5

Skjellyfetti
September 7th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I'll donate. Would prefer us sponsoring December '09. I don't think it's been taken yet.

This shouldn't really be on this forum though, I don't think. May get more views here though... may get some complainers as well.

IndianaAppMan
September 7th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I'll start by saying there should be a minimum of 10 donors, so $20 would be the most anyone would pay.

PM me if you are willing to chip in. I'll keep a tally through Friday, September 19 (day before JMU game), and I'll contact everyone who signed up when it's time to put this together.

AGS Admin, is there a certain procedure for pooling donor money among a group of fans?

IndianaAppMan
September 7th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I'll donate. Would prefer us sponsoring December '09. I don't think it's been taken yet.

This shouldn't really be on this forum though, I don't think. May get more views here though... may get some complainers as well.

Awesome! Great to know.

Just curious though: what's there to complain about? This is where it gets people's attention. To be honest, I went two months this summer without visiting another AGS folder. I imagine others only go to "FCS Discussion" as well.

ASUMountaineer
September 7th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Good luck IAM. I tried this a few months ago and it never took off, though I did post it in the Lounge. In addition, it made it to the MMB (and it wasn't me who posted it there) and I got a lot of crap for it. Good luck, and I will chip in, but I am no sure it will work. Hopefully you're the man to get it done. xnodx

ERASU2113
September 7th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I'm definately interested - just lemme know xthumbsupx

ASUG8
September 7th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I'm in - PM me.

KiddBrewer
September 8th, 2008, 12:50 AM
ill try to give what i can, dont have to much as im in college, but id love to see our name on the top of the site we use so often, let me know something.

appfan2008
September 8th, 2008, 07:01 AM
i might be able to help... let me know if you get this going...

AppStFan76
September 8th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Even in light of the SyntaxError calling out App fans a couple of months ago, I will give a few bucks to sponsor a month.

Look for my PM IAM...glad you are willing to put it all together

As many App fans as there are on here we could probably sponsor an intire year...that would be funny, would love to hear the whinning about that!!!

AshevilleApp2
September 8th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I kicked in $20 a couple of months ago. See if Admin will allow that to count towards our month.

IndianaAppMan
September 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks to all those who've committed already. I'll relay your questions to AGS Admin shortly and post the answers on this thread.

I don't have the tally handy, but we're well on our way towards 20 sign-ups, which is awesome! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

When I opened the thread, I made the mistake of not checking the actual cost, which I said was $200. It's actually $215. xoopsx I apologize for that error. Fortunately, $215 divided by 20 or more people will be a nominal difference from $200, so it shouldn't be too harsh on our wallets.

appstate38
September 8th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah IAM count me in.

Eight Legger
September 8th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I'm going to give you guys a lot of grief if you can't pull together the 500 App fans on this board to each donate at least 50 cents. We sponsored August with like 5 people I think, so I am sure you can git 'er done.

xthumbsupx

C4 Yosef
September 8th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Yosef could really use that money instead to fund the student athletes that we take such pride in.

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Yosef could really use that money instead to fund the student athletes that we take such pride in.

Hey newbie, a lot of us do both. xthumbsupx Been a YC member since I graduated. The YC could use the money I donate to Susan G. Komen and to St. Jude's too, but I spread it around. I'll keep donating to what I choose without your discretion.

lizrdgizrd
September 8th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Good luck IAM. I tried this a few months ago and it never took off, though I did post it in the Lounge. In addition, it made it to the MMB (and it wasn't me who posted it there) and I got a lot of crap for it. Good luck, and I will chip in, but I am no sure it will work. Hopefully you're the man to get it done. xnodx

The reason it didn't work then was SE's little rant. I'm not sure if you'll get a better reception now or not. Those of us who have contributed to AGS in the past found that childish tirade very insulting.

appfan2008
September 8th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I'm going to give you guys a lot of grief if you can't pull together the 500 App fans on this board to each donate at least 50 cents. We sponsored August with like 5 people I think, so I am sure you can git 'er done.

xthumbsupx

have you seen us up here on the mountain?

50 cents is like a weeks salary... now that is sacrifice!

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 01:18 PM
The reason it didn't work then was SE's little rant. I'm not sure if you'll get a better reception now or not. Those of us who have contributed to AGS in the past found that childish tirade very insulting.

Oh, I know Lizrd. I talked to SE about it. I don't think we'll have anything else like that. I've been around AGS for a while, and I have heard some stories about why people hate AGS, but I was surprised it was so many. Anyways, maybe it will work this time. However, I'm glad I won't be the subject on MMB this time.

AppStFan76
September 8th, 2008, 02:18 PM
As I usualy do during the day, I was over on MMB and someone found this link on AGS, the Black and Gold Express's Home link, in Essintial FCS Links

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40

Keep in mind this is a link on AGS, advertised as Black and Gold (I take that as App St.)

I would like an explanation of this from AGS Admin and untill I do I will not be donating and money to this site for any reason and wont be posting here any more.

This in and of its self is a violation of the board rules!!

To those of you who venture to follow this link I appologize for what you are about to see....if you are at work DO NOT click this link!! Not safe for work...hell its not safe at any time!

lizrdgizrd
September 8th, 2008, 02:45 PM
As I usualy do during the day, I was over on MMB and someone found this link on AGS, the Black and Gold Express's Home link, in Essintial FCS Links

Keep in mind this is a link on AGS, advertised as Black and Gold (I take that as App St.)

I would like an explanation of this from AGS Admin and untill I do I will not be donating and money to this site for any reason and wont be posting here any more.

To those of you who venture to follow this link I appologize for what you are about to see....if you are at work DO NOT click this link!! Not safe for work...hell its not safe at any time!

Somehow I think it's been changed....

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM

There used to be a poster here whose name was Black and Gold Express. Perhaps that was his link and before he left updated it to that. I have no idea, but that could be an option before we jump to a conclusion. I'm not saying one way or another because I don't know.

appfan2008
September 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM
what the hell is up with that link on there???

i am going to get in trouble at work...

BeauFoster
September 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM
There used to be a poster here whose name was Black and Gold Express. Perhaps that was his link and before he left updated it to that. I have no idea, but that could be an option before we jump to a conclusion. I'm not saying one way or another because I don't know.

I can assure you that it is not the link that B&G supplied. There is history behind this, and it is another childish attempt at revenge by a certain poster. It is another reason that I won't give this place one penny.

lizrdgizrd
September 8th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I can assure you that it is not the link that B&G supplied. There is history behind this, and it is another childish attempt at revenge by a certain poster. It is another reason that I won't give this place one penny.
Yeah, it's definitely not a link B&GE would post. More SE childishness. xpeacex

appfan2008
September 8th, 2008, 03:09 PM
well whether it is SE or B&GE I for one would like some answers... I am sitting here at work just waiting for someone to come get me... damnit... hopefully not but this is my first job of my life and i dont want to get in trouble...

AppAlum2003
September 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
well whether it is SE or B&GE I for one would like some answers... I am sitting here at work just waiting for someone to come get me... damnit... hopefully not but this is my first job of my life and i dont want to get in trouble...

ALWAYS pay attention to the mouse-over data in your in web broswer. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM

I didn't know B&GE, I always liked his posts and then he disappeared. If in fact it is an intended situation, that is very uncool.

I posted a thread in the AGS General Comments etc. to get this link removed. Here it is, feel free to post and perhaps it will be removed.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47127

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 03:16 PM
ALWAYS pay attention to the mouse-over data in your in web broswer. xlolx

Yup, that is key. Listen to this man, he is wise. Of course, he is--he graduated in 03! xlolx xthumbsupx

BeauFoster
September 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I didn't know B&GE, I always liked his posts and then he disappeared. If in fact it is an intended situation, that is very uncool.

The thread is a post by *****. I'd love to see him explain this one with some evidence that it was either unintentional (why on earth would he have that link??) or that B&G actually sent him that link and told him to post it that way. It's more than uncool, it's down right childish.

lizrdgizrd
September 8th, 2008, 03:24 PM

I posted a thread in the AGS General Comments etc. to get this link removed. Here it is, feel free to post and perhaps it will be removed.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47127
Knowing B&GE the little that I do I'm still positive he wouldn't have that link posted in association with his webpage.

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Knowing B&GE the little that I do I'm still positive he wouldn't have that link posted in association with his webpage.

I never thought it was, but I didn't want to automatically assume, and I knew some on here would know him.

WUTNDITWAA
September 8th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I think I'll take the $20 I was going to send in, and take the wife out to dinner tonight. Then, I'll set up an account on championshipsubdivision.com. This is just plain childishness on the part of whomever is in charge here.

phillyAPP
September 8th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Even in light of the SyntaxError calling out App fans a couple of months ago, I will give a few bucks to sponsor a month.

Look for my PM IAM...glad you are willing to put it all together

As many App fans as there are on here we could probably sponsor an intire year...that would be funny, would love to hear the whinning about that!!!

xsmiley_wix xmadx

phillyAPP
September 8th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I think I'll take the $20 I was going to send in, and take the wife out to dinner tonight. Then, I'll set up an account on championshipsubdivision.com. This is just plain childishness on the part of whomever is in charge here.

You people have scared me enough !!

I do have "LINK" fear-idus. it costme many dollars when a immature person used my computer .

AND WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER

the guru's behind the scenes know how to track it.

Mod66
September 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
fixed it

IndianaAppMan
September 8th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I have no idea what the link everyone is talking about, what the Black & Gold page was, or whatever.

I just know that a lot of ASU fans are represented on AGS, and I thought it would be nice to officially represent our school much like others have. I'm not pretending that donating here is gonna cure cancer or that it's something incredibly noble. I just figured that if a bunch of us put our money together, we could get a month sponsored next year for a cheap price per person. Hopefully no one wants to back out.

mountain man
September 8th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I have no idea what the link everyone is talking about, what the Black & Gold page was, or whatever.

I just know that a lot of ASU fans are represented on AGS, and I thought it would be nice to officially represent our school much like others have. I'm not pretending that donating here is gonna cure cancer or that it's something incredibly noble. I just figured that if a bunch of us put our money together, we could get a month sponsored next year for a cheap price per person. Hopefully no one wants to back out.

Totally unacceptable. I would rather give money to the Catamount Club than throw it away encouraging this kind of crap.

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Totally unacceptable. I would rather give money to the Catamount Club than throw it away encouraging this kind of crap.

Then go ahead and do so. Not all of us find it unacceptable. You donate your money and we'll donate ours. If it's such crap, you can always not post. Just saying...

BeauFoster
September 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM

A thread called "Essential FCS Links", posted by *****, had a link to a page for Black and Gold Express. The link was not for B&G's page, but instead a link to a homosexual website. It's a pathetic stab at an ASU fan, simply because that ASU fan disagreed with some of the things that ***** posted about Appalachian.

BeauFoster
September 8th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Then go ahead and do so. Not all of us find it unacceptable. You donate your money and we'll donate ours. If it's such crap, you can always not post. Just saying...

How can you find the deliberate linking to a website of this nature acceptable? This was done by the owner of the AGS domain.

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 08:01 PM
How can you find the deliberate linking to a website of this nature acceptable? This was done by the owner of the AGS domain.

I took his statement as donating to AGS was unacceptable. If he was commenting on the linking, then I concur. Read what I wrote, I spoke about donations.

Nevertheless, there's an easy way to handle the situation if it's so bad...boycott AGS. All of the App fans that hate the site seem to be incapable of staying away, yet they seem more than capable to bash the App fans who still like AGS.

I don't come to this site because of Ralph, SE, or anyone associated with AGS. I come to this site because of people who post here and I like to read about other teams without having to go to all of their individual boards.

BeauFoster
September 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I took his statement as donating to AGS was unacceptable. If he was commenting on the linking, then I concur. Read what I wrote, I spoke about donations.

Nevertheless, there's an easy way to handle the situation if it's so bad...boycott AGS. All of the App fans that hate the site seem to be incapable of staying away, yet they seem more than capable to bash the App fans who still like AGS.

I don't come to this site because of Ralph, SE, or anyone associated with AGS. I come to this site because of people who post here and I like to read about other teams without having to go to all of their individual boards.

It looks to me like you were disagreeing with the reason he isn't donating. I completely agree with him.

I don't hate AGS, I just disagree with the owner of the domain. That is my right, and as an American, I can freely voice my displeasure. If you don't like it, don't read it.

IndianaAppMan
September 8th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I never saw the link when it was in use. Now you're accusing me of encouraging that stuff?

A thread called "Essential FCS Links", posted by *****, had a link to a page for Black and Gold Express. The link was not for B&G's page, but instead a link to a homosexual website. It's a pathetic stab at an ASU fan, simply because that ASU fan disagreed with some of the things that ***** posted about Appalachian.
Thank you for explaining. Now I understand what people are so upset about.

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 08:24 PM
It looks to me like you were disagreeing with the reason he isn't donating. I completely agree with him.

I don't hate AGS, I just disagree with the owner of the domain. That is my right, and as an American, I can freely voice my displeasure. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Again I SAID (maybe this will clear it up) that I thought he was saying it was unacceptable that we (not him) donate. That's fine and I said some of us find it acceptable. You can try and see what you want to further your own little agenda and that's fine. As an American, it's my right to do whatever I damn well please too. It's funny though, I could say the same thing "If you don't like it, don't read it."

Don't donate if you don't want to, no one said you had to, I certainly didn't. I didn't say you hate it, I said those who do can just boycott it if it is that bad. I'm not really sure what about my post is upsetting. I was just telling him that it's fine if he doesn't want to donate, but not to tell us not to. I thought I said the clearly, perhaps I didn't. That was the intention.

BeauFoster
September 8th, 2008, 08:42 PM
If you want to donate to *****, so be it. It's your prerogative. It amazes me how any ASU fan would want to. It's not a little agenda, just an observation. It's a fruitless battle, but one I particularly enjoy.

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 08:48 PM
If you want to donate to *****, so be it. It's your prerogative. It amazes me how any ASU fan would want to. It's not a little agenda, just an observation. It's a fruitless battle, but one I particularly enjoy.

That's fine. I'm not trying to be a douche. I know how many App fans feel about AGS. Again, I come here because of the other people who post. I enjoy the banter with them. It has changed quite a bit since I joined, all things do.

I am a little defensive because I tried to get a month by App State a few months ago and I got ripped a new azzhole on MMB (and here, but not as much) for it. Almost every App fan on MMB turned on me, and if they knew me, they'd know how much I bleed black and gold--my wife thinks I love Appalachian more than her at times.

I've never had a problem or run-in with Ralph, SE, AGSAdmin. So, I don't really have a passion about it. That's all I'm saying. I want to get a month now just because of how I was treated by my own fellow alumni for suggesting this a few months ago. I found it uncalled for--I had never done anything to those guys. I still post on MMB (though not under this name), so no one there really knows, but it really pissed me off. I didn't post getting a month on AGS on MMB, someone else did and used it to bash me.

BeauFoster
September 8th, 2008, 08:58 PM
That's fine. I'm not trying to be a douche. I know how many App fans feel about AGS. Again, I come here because of the other people who post. I enjoy the banter with them. It has changed quite a bit since I joined, all things do.

I am a little defensive because I tried to get a month by App State a few months ago and I got ripped a new azzhole on MMB (and here, but not as much) for it. Almost every App fan on MMB turned on me, and if they knew me, they'd know how much I bleed black and gold--my wife thinks I love Appalachian more than her at times.

I've never had a problem or run-in with Ralph, SE, AGSAdmin. So, I don't really have a passion about it. That's all I'm saying. I want to get a month now just because of how I was treated by my own fellow alumni for suggesting this a few months ago. I found it uncalled for--I had never done anything to those guys. I still post on MMB (though not under this name), so no one there really knows, but it really pissed me off. I didn't post getting a month on AGS on MMB, someone else did and used it to bash me.

I understand the apprehension when it comes to the MMB, but if you've been there for more than a week, you know that it is tradition to eat our own. I work with one of the long-time members and we talk about it weekly. I think that it is inevitable when you get members of a group who are both young and old, to have conflict. Many of the younger members of the board have different views that the older members (this is age, not time of membership I'm talking about here) and the older members get a little defensive about it (we all get defensive at some times). I don't remember being one of the ones who railed on you on the MMB, but I may very well have been. If so, I'm sure you deserved it :p

Many folks have a sorted history on this website. A lot of us have very ingrained opinions when it comes to the leadership of this board. I still visit because I like to read (and occasionally post) about other teams who play FCS football. I've learned a boatload about nearly every team in FCS and I really enjoy picking up more knowledge.

No reason for two black and gold fans to be at each other's throats more than we already have been. Let's bury the hatchet and move on. xpeacex

APPStrongNC
September 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
as a newibe to ags and mmb. this makes me not really want to post in either for fear that I might step on a foot or two, because I do not know the ingrain code or rules.
people take things way to far.
but hey, just my two cents. doubt I've earn any say with any of this. only been a "posting" member at both for shorter time than most.
but I guess being a grad of ASU only means a little.

enjoy and oh yeah
GO APPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASUMountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I understand the apprehension when it comes to the MMB, but if you've been there for more than a week, you know that it is tradition to eat our own. I work with one of the long-time members and we talk about it weekly. I think that it is inevitable when you get members of a group who are both young and old, to have conflict. Many of the younger members of the board have different views that the older members (this is age, not time of membership I'm talking about here) and the older members get a little defensive about it (we all get defensive at some times). I don't remember being one of the ones who railed on you on the MMB, but I may very well have been. If so, I'm sure you deserved it :p

Many folks have a sorted history on this website. A lot of us have very ingrained opinions when it comes to the leadership of this board. I still visit because I like to read (and occasionally post) about other teams who play FCS football. I've learned a boatload about nearly every team in FCS and I really enjoy picking up more knowledge.

No reason for two black and gold fans to be at each other's throats more than we already have been. Let's bury the hatchet and move on. xpeacex

I think you're right on age, that determines a lot about the views of individuals. I've also noticed the MMB can eat their own. I don't post there nearly as much 1) for that reason and 2) I enjoy reading it more than posting. Especially those with ins with the YC. You got a deal, we can bury the hatchet. Let's move on, and kick some Duke Dog ass on the 20th. If you'll be there PM me and you can stop by and grab a beer.

mountain man
September 9th, 2008, 01:27 AM

I agree Beau. I wasn't trying to bash any of our fans. I just feel like that link was an dirty way to treat a fellow AGSer. You can have differing opinions but that is taking it too far.

AshevilleApp2
September 9th, 2008, 06:22 AM
xlolx xlolx I'll be in the Poli lounge, it's safer there.

McNeese75
September 9th, 2008, 09:05 AM
xpissedx xbangx

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell the rest of us where to send money to get the damn ASU sponsorship paid for so y'all can quit all this BS and get back to the real business at hand. This is a friggin FOOTBALL FORUM, not a world congress or complain to the editor website. Unfu$King believable. xrotatehx

ASU88
September 9th, 2008, 10:03 AM
xpissedx xbangx

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell the rest of us where to send money to get the damn ASU sponsorship paid for so y'all can quit all this BS and get back to the real business at hand. This is a friggin FOOTBALL FORUM, not a world congress or complain to the editor website. Unfu$King believable. xrotatehx

Stress out much? xlolx

lizrdgizrd
September 9th, 2008, 10:31 AM
xpissedx xbangx

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't realize you were an App State fan. Welcome to the bandwagon!

McNeese75
September 9th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Didn't realize you were an App State fan. Welcome to the bandwagon!

xlolx

SoCon48
September 9th, 2008, 02:05 PM
xpissedx xbangx

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One word: Midol.

appfan2008
September 9th, 2008, 02:16 PM
xpissedx xbangx

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that actually made me xlolx xlolx xlolx

buckp
September 9th, 2008, 03:59 PM
PM me IndianaAppMan - I'll donate some money to the cause! As a FCS (I-AA) fan, I am embarrassed that I know very little about the history of App State football and this is a good way to learn more....xnodx

Syntax Error
September 9th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Even in light of the SyntaxError calling out App fans a couple of months ago... That was agsadmin, not me.
The reason it didn't work then was SE's little rant...That was agsadmin, not me.
I have no idea what the link everyone is talking about, what the Black & Gold page was, or whatever...It was a link to his Techmo game gone wrong.
This was done by the owner of the AGS domain.That is a bald-faced lie.
If you want to donate to *****, so be it...It is a donation to keep AGS afloat. You are allowed to freeload.
as a newibe to ags and mmb. this makes me not really want to post in either...Just ignore the haters, easy to do, just click ignore.
Tell the rest of us where to send money to get the damn ASU sponsorship paid for so y'all can quit all this BS and get back to the real business at hand. This is a friggin FOOTBALL FORUM, not a world congress or complain to the editor website. Un****ing believable.Don't let a few so-called App fans ruin it for you. We are all here to trump FCS.

BTW, my $20 for an App month was entered a while ago.

Black and Gold Express
September 10th, 2008, 06:56 AM
That was agsadmin, not me.

Don't you love it when Ralphie throws one of his other user names under the bus in order to try and look good? Too funny. xlolx

lizrdgizrd
September 10th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Even in light of the SyntaxError calling out App fans a couple of months ago...

The reason it didn't work then was SE's little rant.
Now I remember it a bit differently, SE.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42574

Seems like you started that thread.

BeauFoster
September 10th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Syntax Error

Originally Posted by BeauFoster View Post
This was done by the owner of the AGS domain.
That is a bald-faced lie.

Let's look at it this way - the thread was posted by your previous username. To me (and apparently others) that says that the URL was posted by *****.

It's like if I was watching an interview on TV with John Kerry. In the interview, he says "I absolutely hate Heinz Ketchup." Since I saw it come out of his mouth with my own eyes, I have to assume that he really said it. You would have us believe he didn't say it. Therefore, either the video was edited by someone with that authority or there was someone impersonating Kerry.

Was someone impersonating *****, was it changed by someone with the authority to do so, or did ***** actually do it?

appfan2008
September 10th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Now I remember it a bit differently, SE.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42574

Seems like you started that thread.

that is a pretty rude thread and who cares if we pay for a month or not???

McNeese75
September 10th, 2008, 10:01 AM
That was agsadmin, not me.That was agsadmin, not me.It was a link to his Techmo game gone wrong.That is a bald-faced lie.It is a donation to keep AGS afloat. You are allowed to freeload.Just ignore the haters, easy to do, just click ignore.Don't let a few so-called App fans ruin it for you. We are all here to trump FCS.

Paypal just accepted my $20 for App State Month xnodx

AshevilleApp2
September 10th, 2008, 11:47 AM

xthumbsupx

lizrdgizrd
September 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM
We'll slide over and make room for you. :D

appfan2008
September 10th, 2008, 01:03 PM

I doubt you would put any money toward our cause... just saying... xpeacex

lizrdgizrd
September 10th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I doubt you would put any money toward our cause... just saying... xpeacex
I don't really doubt that one.

buckp
September 10th, 2008, 01:17 PM

We'll slide over and make room for you. :D

Just donated $50 to the cause....I expect some room and a beer when I get up there! xnodx xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
September 10th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Just donated $50 to the cause....I expect some room and a beer when I get up there! xnodx xthumbsupx

Wow App State must be big time when other schools are paying money for them just to have an App month. This means more App threads and I'm not sure you guys want that do you? You sure you want to help them out? :D

buckp
September 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Wow App State must be big time when other schools are paying money for them just to have an App month. This means more App threads and I'm not sure you guys want that do you? You sure you want to help them out? :D

Have donated money before for other FCS colleges (besides McNeese) and will continue to do so - I love reading about the history. xnodx

smallcollegefbfan
September 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Have donated money before for other FCS colleges (besides McNeese) and will continue to do so - I love reading about the history. xnodx

xthumbsupx

Your not the only one helping them out. Looks like the AGS nation is trying to get an ASU month. xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
September 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM
xthumbsupx

Your not the only one helping them out. Looks like the AGS nation is trying to get an ASU month. xsmiley_wix

We're that hot!

AppAlum2003
September 10th, 2008, 02:48 PM
We're that hot!

All right... everyone start with your HOT HOT HOT comments. xsmhx:(xmadxxbawlingx

AshevilleApp2
September 10th, 2008, 02:53 PM

I've got the beer(s) covered. xnodx

appstate38
September 10th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Do we just make the donations ourselves or are we waiting to do it as a group?

Yosef's Jug
September 10th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Indy-
how much more $$ do we need to get this for next month?

Syntax Error
September 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Don't you love it when Ralphie throws one of his other user names under the bus in order to try and look good? Too funny. xlolxYour lies have been exposed, forced you out at your school board too. POS.

Syntax Error
September 10th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Now I remember it a bit differently, SE...Selective memory LG. My thread was directly because of a previous thread.
Let's look at it this way...You are a bald-faced liar.
that is a pretty rude thread and who cares if we pay for a month or not???Yes, members were out of line in that thread. Looks like others are paying your way so you don't have to.
Your not the only one helping them out. Looks like the AGS nation is trying to get an ASU month.Gee why is that?

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW ASU HISTORY CAN READ AWARD-WINNING DAVID COULSON'S BOOK:

Magic on the Mountain (http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Mountain-Appalachian-Football-Championship/dp/1933251336/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221088789&sr=8-1)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51AMoiY9sHL._SS500_.jpg

BeauFoster
September 10th, 2008, 07:00 PM
What am I lying about here, SE? It's your old username on the thread...are you denying that now, too?

You're just spinning it without answering the question posed. Not that it is any surprise to me that you would do that.

ronpayne
September 10th, 2008, 09:14 PM
What a shame... we can't even have a thread about donating to AGS without a fight breaking out amongst ourselves. Geez, way to represent your alma mater. Maybe a moderator will be so kind to remove this thread since we started out trying to talk about donating to AGS and now it seems to be a large (self) bashing thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is my opinion.

Syntax Error
September 10th, 2008, 09:25 PM
What a shame...Indeed RP. There are bad apples everywhere, you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig. I donated $20 for the ASU month, everyone else from ASU do the same. Just click the link at the bottom of this page. If BF wants to be a jerk then so be it.

hapapp
September 10th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Your lies have been exposed, forced you out at your school board too. POS.

I hate to disappoint you but that is in fact not true. He left because of job and family responsibilities. Current moderator confirms.

WUTNDITWAA
September 10th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I hate to disappoint you but that is in fact not true. He left because of job and family responsibilities. Current moderator confirms.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a juicy story.

WUTNDITWAA
September 10th, 2008, 10:08 PM
What a shame... we can't even have a thread about donating to AGS without a fight breaking out amongst ourselves. Geez, way to represent your alma mater. Maybe a moderator will be so kind to remove this thread since we started out trying to talk about donating to AGS and now it seems to be a large (self) bashing thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is my opinion.

Are you saying this after reading the entire thread or not?xreadx

BeauFoster
September 11th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Indeed RP. There are bad apples everywhere, you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig. I donated $20 for the ASU month, everyone else from ASU do the same. Just click the link at the bottom of this page. If BF wants to be a jerk then so be it.

Yet again, you refuse to answer the question at hand. Your silence is deafening and all the proof I need. xrulesx

Also, calling me a jerk is a violation of the terms of service. xnonox Calling B&G a POS is a violation of the terms of service. xnonox That's twice in one thread. Care to make it a third?

DLS
September 11th, 2008, 07:28 AM
xbdayx

lizrdgizrd
September 11th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Selective memory LG. My thread was directly because of a previous thread
Funny, but I can't find that previous thread. I'm not denying that it existed, but I sure don't see the thread anymore. The thread you started was still calling us out. In fact you were man enough to apologize for it later.

Black and Gold Express
September 12th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Your lies have been exposed, forced you out at your school board too. POS.

Lies? Forced out? OH! I know what you mean! You're talking about the time when I asked another longtime member of the MMB to take over ownership of the board because of the birth of my first child last November! And that because I knew I'd have little to not time to properly maintain a board (though never quite up to your Gestapo-like standards, of course), it would be best served if I gave it over to someone who did have the time and enthusiasm. Not overly different circumstances that had me take over the MMB as well, by the way.

Of COURSE I could see that as me being "forced out". It makes perfect sense. xlolx xlolx xlolx

And there's written proof of all this, just in case you want to try and weasel around that way.

It's good to know the Ralphie we know and love is still in full force around here, in all his various aspects.

DLS
September 12th, 2008, 08:16 AM
sick burn.

B&G
September 12th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Yet again, you refuse to answer the question at hand. Your silence is deafening and all the proof I need. xrulesx

Also, calling me a jerk is a violation of the terms of service. xnonox Calling B&G a POS is a violation of the terms of service. xnonox That's twice in one thread. Care to make it a third?

He called me a POS???? xbawlingx

BeauFoster
September 12th, 2008, 08:30 AM
He called me a POS???? xbawlingx

Sorry, I meant that he called Black&Gold Express a POS. You may be one too, though! :p

B&G
September 12th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Sorry, I meant that he called Black&Gold Express a POS. You may be one too, though! :p

xazzx

APP91
September 12th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Lies? Forced out? OH! I know what you mean! You're talking about the time when I asked another longtime member of the MMB to take over ownership of the board because of the birth of my first child last November! And that because I knew I'd have little to not time to properly maintain a board (though never quite up to your Gestapo-like standards, of course), it would be best served if I gave it over to someone who did have the time and enthusiasm. Not overly different circumstances that had me take over the MMB as well, by the way.

Of COURSE I could see that as me being "forced out". It makes perfect sense. xlolx xlolx xlolx

And there's written proof of all this, just in case you want to try and weasel around that way.

It's good to know the Ralphie we know and love is still in full force around here, in all his various aspects.

Calling Ralphie, oh, Ralphie, er Syntax Error, er Mod...er whichever of the may names you use.
no reply?????????xwhistlex

BeauFoster
September 12th, 2008, 11:47 AM

Black and Gold Express
September 12th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Okay Beau, that one made me laugh out loud. Great find.

BeauFoster
September 12th, 2008, 04:52 PM
There won't be a response, we all know it. He's busted, dead to rights. If there was a defense, he would offer it. He has none, therefore he's avoiding the questions. Just more of the same...

Black and Gold Express
September 13th, 2008, 12:13 AM
It's the closest he ever admits to being wrong, that's for sure. But he's probably in his car going to some 3000 seat stadium to watch a game. I'll give him credit where it is due, he is the biggest advocate for the little schools in I-AA that I have seen. His methods may be questioned, but you can't question where his heart is.

Either way I won't be surprised if this thread will either be severely moderated and or locked down when he gets the chance to do so. Or he may just delete posts or the whole thread as he (or one of his personas) have done in the past, and act like nothing happened.

But then again, in his world my forgetting about the time I used this forum as a tool to help create my I-AA Tecmo Bowl game however many years ago is worth burning me at the stake and trying to brand me as a "liar". Sorry, I forgot about that. Please forgive me.

Ralphie, on the other hand, makes blatantly false accusations and assumptions and somehow expects them not to be rooted out and thrown back in his face. Like why I turned over the reins of the MMB. Oh, and his #1 favorite, the time he was allegedly banned from the MMB. Something that all the MMB board admins at the time looked into and found not one trace of evidence of. So he sits here crying wolf to anyone that will listen in a weak attempt to derail the MMB. It failed, as you would expect.

Well, one thing he hasn't failed on is the ability to single-handedly create his own competition in the ever-growing fcsfans.com site. That's real business smarts there, on the one hand begging people time and again to pay for your web site for you (the monthly donation harrasments... er... requests) while simultaneously banning many of the best posters this site ever had and let them go elsewhere. Brilliant strategy.

I forgot how much fun it is picking on him. There's just so much fodder to work with.

Saint3333
September 14th, 2008, 10:47 AM
This is too funny. Someone that has been caught a dozen times in a tangle web of falsehoods has now resorted to name calling and personal attacks. As usual he gets away with it.xsmhx

ASU fans please ignore this person, it is only a waste of your time.

placidlakegriz
September 14th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Calling Ralphie, oh, Ralphie, er Syntax Error, er Mod...er whichever of the may names you use.
no reply?????????xwhistlex

Ralph does not want you to know he is Syntax Error, but you probably already know that from the PM he sent you.

SoCon48
September 15th, 2008, 05:09 PM
End of round nine. B&G 9 SE 0.