PDA

View Full Version : BFX 09 Comming to XBOX360

SU Jag
September 7th, 2008, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io98ku6ZO2k

The sales for the game did very well on PC last year but the fans demanded that it be on PS3 and the XBOX360. Well is here. I gotta chance to plat it last night at the John Merrit Classic and let me just say you guys are in for a treat!

PantherRob82
September 7th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Wow. Drumline challenege looks fun. Wonder how the football plays.

ERASU2113
September 7th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Now all that needs to happen is to bring FCS schools into NCAA

Game looks fun - will definately have to try it out.

blackfordpu
September 7th, 2008, 09:29 PM
ok. so what is it?

GeauxColonels
September 7th, 2008, 09:38 PM
ok. so what is it?
Uhhh a football video game featuring the HBCUs.
http://www.bcfxgame.com/index.htm

Good to see that the company from Baton Rouge is doing well. I wish someone would take up this idea for the FCS schools. I would LOVE an FCS-only game where the stadiums were accurate.

UNCBears2010
September 7th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Good to see that the company from Baton Rouge is doing well. I wish someone would take up this idea for the FCS schools. I would LOVE an FCS-only game where the stadiums were accurate.

Wouldn't we all...

pcguy09
September 8th, 2008, 07:15 AM
give me a break with this nonsense

Bud2003
September 8th, 2008, 08:53 AM

Why is that?

appfan2008
September 8th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Uhhh a football video game featuring the HBCUs.
http://www.bcfxgame.com/index.htm

as would we all... that would be sweet... it might happen one day...

ASU33
September 8th, 2008, 08:47 PM

Let me guess ur feelings are hurt because the black folks are doing something positive and noone asked you for permissionxcoffeex Same *****, different day!

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I'm interested even as an extremely white guy.

pcguy09
September 8th, 2008, 10:13 PM
feelings hurt... ha

ASU33
September 8th, 2008, 10:20 PM
feelings hurt... ha

No, but it damn sure seems like urs arexcoffeex

pcguy09
September 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM
NA

pcguy09
September 8th, 2008, 10:28 PM
No, but it damn sure seems like urs arexcoffeex

My feelings hurt? no, why would they be hurt? Because some black people did something positive, i dont think they did something positive. Something positive would've been to create a game for all FCS. But good try 33

Pattycakes
September 9th, 2008, 12:29 AM
lame...if you want to play the drums go get rockband...don't waste my time with this crap. An all fcs game would be amazing and i would be the first to buy it but unfortunatly i don't think there will ever be one just because there wouldn't be a big enough audience....though if this game succeeds anything is possible

Appstate29
September 9th, 2008, 12:50 AM
A real treat for HBCU fans. It'll probably end up being something I rent, just to tool around with it, and for the FCS connection, but I don't think I'll buy it.

CatFan22
September 9th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Jesus Christ. Can you imagine the outcry if they made an exclusive FCS game that excludedall the HBCU schools? Wow.
If you call this "black people doing something positive" then you really only care about the black schools and no the FCS in general. This is quite silly.

pcguy09
September 9th, 2008, 01:27 AM
seriously, i didnt want to make that point but you hit the nail on the head catfan. i wouldnt mind buying the game if that was created though

Peems
September 9th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Well considering the guys who make the games are graduates of HBC's it makes sense that they make a game about something they love.

SU Jag
September 9th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Jesus Christ. Can you imagine the outcry if they made an exclusive FCS game that excludedall the HBCU schools? Wow.
If you call this "black people doing something positive" then you really only care about the black schools and no the FCS in general. This is quite silly.

Some of you cats are to stupid to to see the whole point of the game. The guys who developed this game are all HBCU grads. For years fans of HBCUs screamed for a video game that showcased the pagentry, and atmosphere that is unique to black college football. In 1999 EA Sports added the HBCUs to the NCAA game and even added the Heritage Bowl. EA Sports actually did a great job in 99 but thats where the good job stopped. In 2003 or 04 they featured the HBCU marching bands but they did an awful job on everything else. Fans got pissed of so these guys decided to make a game displaying the pagentry, the atmosphere, and the history of HBCU football which is unlike no other.

SU Jag
September 9th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Well considering the guys who make the games are graduates of HBC's it makes sense that they make a game about something they love.

Why cant everyone else see that?xconfusedx

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2008, 10:14 PM
lame...if you want to play the drums go get rockband...don't waste my time with this crap. An all fcs game would be amazing and i would be the first to buy it but unfortunatly i don't think there will ever be one just because there wouldn't be a big enough audience....though if this game succeeds anything is possible

The drum thing is completely different than rockband. The HBCU drumline is a thing of beauty.

I'm not a fan of any of the teams these schools produce, but I will definitely check out this game. I feel like it really shows the difference between the world of the MEAC and SWAC and the rest of college football.

pcguy09
September 9th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Some of you cats are to stupid to to see the whole point of the game. The guys who developed this game are all HBCU grads. For years fans of HBCUs screamed for a video game that showcased the pagentry, and atmosphere that is unique to black college football. In 1999 EA Sports added the HBCUs to the NCAA game and even added the Heritage Bowl. EA Sports actually did a great job in 99 but thats where the good job stopped. In 2003 or 04 they featured the HBCU marching bands but they did an awful job on everything else. Fans got pissed of so these guys decided to make a game displaying the pagentry, the atmosphere, and the history of HBCU football which is unlike no other.

First of all im not a cat, dont ever speak like that again. And using 'cat' as a slang for guys is ridiculous. Shouldnt the creators be pissed off that all the FCS teams we portrayed as dismal and boring(same stadiums, fight songs, blah blah) And by the way.. HBCU football is not all its cracked up to be.. well coming from a white guy. i'd much rather hear a marching band do music from Alabama, or Journey than listen to all that rackett; hell i'd be fine with just rock/classic rock and country blaring over the speakers at half time

ASU33
September 9th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I got some actual game footage from the game from BCFX08http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQIR51MFbfQ&NR=1

ASU33
September 9th, 2008, 10:55 PM
First of all im not a cat, dont ever speak like that again. And using 'cat' as a slang for guys is ridiculous. Shouldnt the creators be pissed off that all the FCS teams we portrayed as dismal and boring(same stadiums, fight songs, blah blah) And by the way.. HBCU football is not all its cracked up to be.. well coming from a white guy. i'd much rather hear a marching band do music from Alabama, or Journey than listen to all that rackett; hell i'd be fine with just rock/classic rock and country blaring over the speakers at half time

You sound like a real hater!xlolx But its cute though!

SU Jag
September 9th, 2008, 10:57 PM

Responding to you is like Jay-Z responding to Soulja Boixnonono2x xcoffeex

ASU33
September 9th, 2008, 11:02 PM
The game producers take the game to LSUhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z48Zh9ly73I&feature=related

texas southern halftimehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3qeN5slHlA&NR=1

ASU33
September 9th, 2008, 11:09 PM

So you speak for a white guys or something? I seriously doubt it. Speak for yourself! I've read nothing but positive post about the HBCU football atmosphere from guys on this board who are white who admire the atmosphere at HBCU games. HBCUs have national TV contracts, we travel all acrross America to showcase our games, when has anyone come to PC and asked you to play anywhere?(Don't worry I"ll waitxcoffeex ) We have some of the most loyal and passionate fan bases in the country. I'm pretty sure PC would kill to have a fan base like Tuskegee or Tennessee State. You're talking nothing but nonsense!xrolleyesx

pcguy09
September 9th, 2008, 11:54 PM
So you speak for a white guys or something? I seriously doubt it. Speak for yourself! I've read nothing but positive post about the HBCU football atmosphere from guys on this board who are white who admire the atmosphere at HBCU games. HBCUs have national TV contracts, we travel all acrross America to showcase our games, when has anyone come to PC and asked you to play anywhere?(Don't worry I"ll waitxcoffeex ) We have some of the most loyal and passionate fan bases in the country. I'm pretty sure PC would kill to have a fan base like Tuskegee or Tennessee State. You're talking nothing but nonsense!xrolleyesx

Tell me where i ever said i was speaking for white guys.. i think all my post on this topic are about me speaking for myself. Yeah and since we've been 1AA for two years now, its taking a while for the fanbase to come along. You know nothing about PC, we'll never have a large fan base unless we have high profile teams playing at PC. Why should i care if we havent been asked to go play somewhere.. woohoo you've been asked to 'showcase your talent' maybe the bands talent is the only reason ppl ask you to come play, and that the band is the only reason ppl come to your games. i'd much rather go to a good football game around the south, to watch good football than go to a football game and worry how good the band is gonna be.

-And SUJAG, im sorry i do not understand your blabber about the Jay-z and soldier boy thing. i'm sorry, i like the music i listen to, to mean something besides thugs, drugs, sluts and murder, but nice try

Big Dawg
September 10th, 2008, 02:02 AM

If the game was called FCS Gameday Experience and only included HBCU's then I see why you're being such a BABY about the gme...which is what it is BTW, A GAME.

You also don't HAVE to be on this topic...just sayingxcoffeex

B&G
September 10th, 2008, 08:29 AM

I'm guessing this line is where he got the notion you were speaking for white guys. Why did you get riled up and tell a guy he knows nothing about PC? Because he didn't go to school there? Following that logic would it be safe to say you know nothing about HBCU's?

bigbluetiger
September 10th, 2008, 08:40 AM
The creators of this game have targeted a niche market. A market that was being underserved in their opinion and one that they are passionate about. I'm not a gamer but I wish them the best.

WileECoyote06
September 10th, 2008, 09:53 AM
This game features HBCU football in its entirety, not just FCS level teams. Several CIAA, SIAC, DII and NAIA teams are included as well. And in the PC version, not all MEAC schools were represented.

Perhaps those of you who want a true FCS game should contact the developers about making FCS updates available via Xbox Live/Internet. :)

CatFan22
September 10th, 2008, 10:05 AM

I'm "too" stupid?

mrklean
September 10th, 2008, 10:10 AM

typical trash!!!!

go back to your trailer park!!!!

mrklean
September 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io98ku6ZO2k

The sales for the game did very well on PC last year but the fans demanded that it be on PS3 and the XBOX360. Well is here. I gotta chance to plat it last night at the John Merrit Classic and let me just say you guys are in for a treat!

I know that guy, Hes in my WOW guild. He graduated from Howard U. A really good dude.

mrklean
September 10th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Let me guess ur feelings are hurt because the black folks are doing something positive and noone asked you for permissionxcoffeex Same *****, different day!

Hes one of these white giy who cant stand to see black people do good. He would rather see a bunch of black men on cops running from the police, because thats all he knows about black people.

pcguy09
September 10th, 2008, 01:16 PM
typical trash!!!!

go back to your trailer park!!!!

HA. Trailer park, i'm not going to even respond to that. And the fact that you even mentioned you played World of Warcraft means you've lost all respect. what a f***ing dumb game. AH 10pt sword kill, you're so cool.

DSUrocks07
September 10th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I love gimmick posters xlolx xlolx

blackcaesar3k5
September 10th, 2008, 07:02 PM
will they bfx for ps3?

ASU33
September 10th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I'm "too" stupid?

Yeah, thats about the size of itxcoffeex

ASU33
September 10th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I'm guessing this line is where he got the notion you were speaking for white guys. Why did you get riled up and tell a guy he knows nothing about PC? Because he didn't go to school there? Following that logic would it be safe to say you know nothing about HBCU's?

You might have made too much sense for him!xlolx

ASU33
September 10th, 2008, 08:09 PM
will they bfx for ps3?

Its exclusive for XBOX360 this year. They hope to have the PS3 version out for the 09 season. The game is set to be released October 1st from what i've read.

blackcaesar3k5
September 10th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I'll buy it for my nephew...

GeauxColonels
September 10th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I got some actual game footage from the game from BCFX08http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQIR51MFbfQ&NR=1
Thanks for the YouTube link. The graphics look pretty good and the gameplay looks comparable to EA's NCAA series. I wouldn't get much use from the battle of the bands portion, but the football part of the software definitely looks fun.

HIU 93
September 11th, 2008, 07:48 AM

You know, its rather ironic. White folks are forever telling Black folks to "...get off of your butts and do something for yourselves..." and always screaming about the value of capitalism.

Two young Black men wanted to play a game that had accurate stadiums, bands, fight songs, mascots, etc. AND have it include their own schools. That game did not exist. Did they beg someone to be included? No. Did they make an "outcry"? No. They took their technology knowledge, built a system, came up with a working prototype, wrote a business plan, secured capital, and then secured a licensing and marketing deal. The game was then on the market. That seems like good, old fashioned, American capitalism to me.

Is Russell Athletics racist for marketing HBCU apparel? Is Mattel racist for making an Alpha Kappa Alpha (first Black sorority) Barbie? Is ESPN racist for showing HBCU football?

If your answer is no, then you are either racist yourself, or you're not very smart. You choose.

PS- It's football season and HIU 93 is back in the house. Deal with it bamas.

mcveyrl
September 11th, 2008, 07:58 AM
You know, its rather ironic. White folks are forever telling Black folks to "...get off of your butts and do something for yourselves..." and always screaming about the value of capitalism.

Two young Black men wanted to play a game that had accurate stadiums, bands, fight songs, mascots, etc. AND have it include their own schools. That game did not exist. Did they beg someone to be included? No. Did they make an "outcry"? No. They took their technology knowledge, built a system, came up with a working prototype, wrote a business plan, secured capital, and then secured a licensing and marketing deal. The game was then on the market. That seems like good, old fashioned, American capitalism to me.

Is Russell Athletics racist for marketing HBCU apparel? Is Mattel racist for making an Alpha Kappa Alpha (first Black sorority) Barbie? Is ESPN racist for showing HBCU football?

If your answer is no, then you are either racist yourself, or you're not very smart. You choose.

Been waiting for this announcement! Welcome back '93.

B&G
September 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I'm a little skeptical about the gameplay after watching the links but I hope it's fun. I would at least rent it.

SU Jag
September 11th, 2008, 07:56 PM

Let the church say Amen!xbowx

SU Jag
September 11th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I'm a little skeptical about the gameplay after watching the links but I hope it's fun. I would at least rent it.

The gameplay that you say was from the PC version last season. I played it this past weekend and EVERYTHING is much better this season! The gameplay, the sounds, the graphics, everything. I'm so proud of these young brothas who put this together!xbowx

JetsLuvver
September 11th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I'd give this game a try if I had a 360. More options in the world of football video games (college or otherwise) is always a good thing.

Just getting to play as FCS (and lower) teams in their actual stadiums with accurate uniforms is something you won't find elsewhere.

blackcaesar3k5
September 11th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Man, I wish they had made it for ps3.. Because I would play with Central State against AAMU.. Then again, It would been sweeter to play with Southern Jaguars and their no-huddle fast break offense versus SCSU..

Big Dawg
September 12th, 2008, 12:06 AM
While I'm interested in this game, I really hope the gameplay is nice and REALISTIC...I'm big on the realism of games. Is there a dynasty mode where you can recruit players and build teams?

Sonic98
September 12th, 2008, 04:47 AM

That was nice. I just hope to game itself is a game of quality. I must say I've not been terribly impressed with college football games over the years. They're just not that good. I know one of the games did have the HBCUs and FCS schools a couple years ago, but it did not have the real names and rosters and the clips of the bands were lame. All they had to do was ask for recordings of the actual bands even for the FBS schools. I remember a few years ago when EA put clips of the SWAC and MEAC on the "In the Game" intro that comes up at the start of the game. I just hope the game has quality play, AI, and Physics and is not some arcadish game. And for all the people hatin, the guys who made this game might actually be one of the few out there would actually be willing to make a FCS game.

-And SUJAG, im sorry i do not understand your blabber about the Jay-z and soldier boy thing. i'm sorry, i like the music i listen to, to mean something besides thugs, drugs, sluts and murder, but nice try

LOL. It was a reference to this past NBA Playoff's when a player said of another player who was smack talking "I'm Jay-Z and he's Soulja Boy"

If the game was called FCS Gameday Experience and only included HBCU's then I see why you're being such a BABY about the gme...which is what it is BTW, A GAME.

You also don't HAVE to be on this topic...just sayingxcoffeex

The creators of this game have targeted a niche market. A market that was being underserved in their opinion and one that they are passionate about. I'm not a gamer but I wish them the best.

Either of yall post on Swac Fans or Meac Fans?

While I'm interested in this game, I really hope the gameplay is nice and REALISTIC...I'm big on the realism of games. Is there a dynasty mode where you can recruit players and build teams?

I'm glad someone else is besides me.

Sonic98
September 12th, 2008, 05:10 AM
I hope these guys reach out to some other HBCU grads who are interested in things like making video games or starting their own company. Hopefully the game will draw more attention to HBCU football and force a lot of small-minded people to get out of the mindset of only wanting to win in their conference.

SwacFans
September 12th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I'll check it out

pcguy09
September 13th, 2008, 11:04 PM
this game.. is racist

GSUISBACK
September 13th, 2008, 11:48 PM
this game.. is racist
xrolleyesx you have problems

LoRdJaZ
September 16th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Racist? As I said in the interview with MTV....

(http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/04/09/black-professionals-in-games-nerjyzeds-brian-jackson/)

The whole concept about the game being racist is really a fallacy. The NCAA recognizes a black national champion, and right now our game is featured in the College Football Hall of Fame because they’re having an exhibit on black college football. We didn’t create the term “HBCU” or “black college football” — those were things that were already in place, and we just made a game to represent what that element was.

this game.. is racist

mrklean
September 16th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Racist? As I said in the interview with MTV....

(http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/04/09/black-professionals-in-games-nerjyzeds-brian-jackson/)

The whole concept about the game being racist is really a fallacy. The NCAA recognizes a black national champion, and right now our game is featured in the College Football Hall of Fame because they’re having an exhibit on black college football. We didn’t create the term “HBCU” or “black college football” — those were things that were already in place, and we just made a game to represent what that element was.

Welcome JAZZ, I see that you get around fam!!!!!

mrklean
September 16th, 2008, 07:06 AM
this game.. is racist

It takes one to know one........................lolxlolx

gr8ness97
September 16th, 2008, 08:52 AM
this game.. is racist

xlolx xlolx xlolx

I'll def check this game out...

The FCS updates to slowing include other teams would be an AWESOME add-on...

WileECoyote06
September 16th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Welcome to the board frat @ LordJaz

AppIAA
September 16th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Not trying to be racist or anything at all -- just playing devils advocate. I do not know enough about the subject matter and there may be an answer already. With that said what were to happen if all white colleges were created and a game made out of that?

813Jag
September 16th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Not trying to be racist or anything at all -- just playing devils advocate. I do not know enough about the subject matter and there may be an answer already. With that said what were to happen if all white colleges were created and a game made out of that?
You mean like NCAA 09 for PS3 or XBox or the Bill Walsh series or the couple of games that came out before EA sports added HBCUs?

AppIAA
September 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM
You mean like NCAA 09 for PS3 or XBox..

Im pretty sure they have teams on there that include black players so it is not an all white game..

Again, not racist at all. It is just something I have wondered about. How all black colleges are allowed, but all white colleges would bring up a huge uproar. Hell, even all asian colleges, or all Indian colleges.. I think you guys get the drift..

813Jag
September 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Im pretty sure they have teams on there that include black players so it is not an all white game..

Again, not racist at all. It is just something I have wondered about. How all black colleges are allowed, but all white colleges would bring up a huge uproar. Hell, even all asian colleges, or all Indian colleges.. I think you guys get the drift..
There are white players at HBCUs. Last year Norfolk State's QB was white as is their coach. One of the most winning-est QB Southern had was white. The schools aren't all black, the are predominately black just like most schools are predominately white.

WileECoyote06
September 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM

There are very few 'all black' colleges; they may have a majority of black students. There are historically black colleges, just like there are Minority institutions, and there are Tribal Colleges. All of these terms are federally defined. The government made them up, not the colleges themselves.

The name of the game is the Black College Football Experience; implying that there is a unique experience that occurs at black college football games. If that's untrue, there would be no reason for the game. However, HBCUs do have a unique experience, mainly tied into our passion for the marching band. This game captures that for fans of that experience.

Playing the reverse discrimination bit is a bit retarded and has no basis given that a college football game for all other colleges (NCAA for Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii) already exists.

Think of it like this; if World Poker Tour and World Series of Poker both put out games, you'd gravitate towards one or the other based on your likes/dislikes; yet they both are about playing poker. It's just different ways to present the same product.

SU Jag
September 16th, 2008, 08:07 PM

Educate yourself bruh! Name one "all black college"............................you cant because there is not one. HBCUs have plenty of white students, falculty members, coaches, players, cheerleaders, bandmembers, and ect. I really dont think you're informed on HBCUs to even make an opinion one way or the other.

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2008, 08:34 PM
When is this dropping?

SU Jag
September 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
When is this dropping?

October 1st.

B&G
September 17th, 2008, 07:48 AM

Are you upset that there are some colleges that aren't Co-ed? Then why the uproar here? Everyone else already pointed out that HBCU's aren't black only so I don't need to delve into that. People seem to act like they're hurt that HBCU's exclude white people and that isn't even the case. If you want to attend one of these schools they would be glad to have you. But you don't really want to... right? xrolleyesx

SU Jag
September 17th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Are you upset that there are some colleges that aren't Co-ed? Then why the uproar here? Everyone else already pointed out that HBCU's aren't black only so I don't need to delve into that. People seem to act like they're hurt that HBCU's exclude white people and that isn't even the case. If you want to attend one of these schools they would be glad to have you. But you don't really want to... right? xrolleyesx

xthumbsupx you're all over it!

Sonic98
September 18th, 2008, 02:45 PM
One of the guys that worked on this game work for EA Sports, Microsoft, and Bethesda Softworks. Who knows what other games he and the others in the company might make in the future. Why hate on their current project?

Big Al
September 18th, 2008, 04:45 PM
The only difference between this game and one exclusive to the Big Ten or SEC or some other college football game is...

well...

Nothing, really.

Or, maybe the fact that this game exists and those others don't.

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 10:45 AM

That is exactly why I said "I do not know enough about the subject matter and there may be an answer already." in one of my posts..

That is exactly what I was looking for -- if they were really "all black" schools or just predominately..