PDA

View Full Version : Question for Montana Griz fans

Wolfman
September 7th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I have been very vocal about my disgust for Bobby Hauck's recruiting of players kicked off their teams for various reasons.

I have an interesting question for all Griz fans.

Ryan Perrilloux was the highest ranked high school QB in the nation his senior year in high school. Tom Lemming compared him to a young Donovan McNabb.

As you may know, Perrilloux, the starting QB, was kicked off the LSU team before the season started for continuing team infractions, missing work-outs, team meetings, and possession of marijuana. He had been suspended earlier, and given many chances to clean up his act. Obviously, he did not do so.

My question is this....... how many of you would welcome Ryan Perrilloux to the Griz? This kid has world class talent, without a doubt. His arrival may guarantee a trip to Chattanooga for UM.

So, does Hauck welcome Perrilloux with open arms? Jacksonville State certainly did. I am sure that many others did too.

It will be interesting to see the responses.

Grizalltheway
September 7th, 2008, 02:55 PM
No, the risk wouldn't be worth the possible reward. We're just fine with Bergquist and Selle for the time being.

GrizRchattybound
September 7th, 2008, 03:01 PM
the question was already answered by Hauck.

The fans would have never stood for it either with the problems the previous year.

Wolfman
September 7th, 2008, 03:03 PM
the question was already answered by Hauck.

The fans would have never stood for it either with the problems the previous year.

I am unaware that Hauck ever made a statement about Perrilloux.

GrizDen
September 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I'll take quality character and good athleticism over poor-character and excellent athleticism every time. That's not to say the Griz won't get a few bad apples from time to time. Another way I can say it is that I'll take an 8-4 or 9-3 record with a team that has no bad apples, than a 10-2 or 11-1 team with a handful of idiots.

Grizball
September 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
in light of the Griz' recent off-field problems with some recruits and transfers, I would strongly oppose taking any more kids with questionable character...

to be fair though, before the Griz' problems, I would have been front and center clamoring for the coaches to 'give the kid a shot'

Wolfman
September 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I'll take quality character and good athleticism over poor-character and excellent athleticism every time. That's not to say the Griz won't get a few bad apples from time to time. Another way I can say it is that I'll take an 8-4 or 9-3 record with a team that has no bad apples, than a 10-2 or 11-1 team with a handful of idiots.

Agreed completely

mlbowl
September 7th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Agreed completely

You agree with yourself...huh!

IABison
September 7th, 2008, 04:52 PM
You just keep digging, don't you.xnonono2x

GrizRchattybound
September 7th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I am unaware that Hauck ever made a statement about Perrilloux.

If Hauck had wanted him...you can bet there would have been plenty of discussion about it and plenty of transfer rumors. That is what I meant by that...his silence was his statement and answered your question...so why ask?

Lets turn this around for a second...Why did you even ask a question like this?

What's your motive?

Wolfman
September 7th, 2008, 05:45 PM
If Hauck had wanted him...you can bet there would have been plenty of discussion about it and plenty of transfer rumors. That is what I meant by that...his silence was his statement and answered your question...so why ask?

Lets turn this around for a second...Why did you even ask a question like this?

What's your motive? My "motive" is to expose the many Griz fans who could care less about the background or character of a transfer, as long as their hallowed Griz win more games. You will notice that many of the "popular" posters, like Azgrizfan, are conspicuously absent from this thread. Gee, I wonder why???? xeyebrowx

I guarantee you that Bobby Hauck would have been all over signing Perrilloux if the kid would have wanted to play for the Griz. Furthermore, many of these so-called "good fans" would have supported signing him. It nauseates me.

Hell, let's just sign Maurice Clarett while we're at it!

Tod
September 7th, 2008, 05:55 PM
My "motive" is to expose the many Griz fans who could care less about the background or character of a transfer, as long as their hallowed Griz win more games. You will notice that many of the "popular" posters, like Azgrizfan, are conspicuously absent from this thread. Gee, I wonder why???? xeyebrowx

I guarantee you that Bobby Hauck would have been all over signing Perrilloux if the kid would have wanted to play for the Griz. Furthermore, many of these so-called "good fans" would have supported signing him. It nauseates me.

Hell, let's just sign Maurice Clarett while we're at it!

You didn't get the results you'd hoped for, but you're still claiming some sort of "victory"? xeyebrowx

I guarantee you, AZGrizFan will have nooooooooo problem responding to this thread. He's simply not on AGS right now. He'll be along.

eaglesrthe1
September 7th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Doesn't make much sense to me to stand on a soap box and preach on this. The Griz weren't in the Perrilloux Lottery and therefore can appear to be haughty about it. How could the self-righteousness be disputed?

uofmman1122
September 7th, 2008, 10:59 PM
No, I wouldn't take Perrilloux. I think Cole would run our offense more effectively, anyways. But his off the field problems are too much.

griz8791
September 7th, 2008, 11:40 PM
AzGrizfan is popular?

Wolfman
September 8th, 2008, 12:02 AM
You didn't get the results you'd hoped for, but you're still claiming some sort of "victory"? xeyebrowx

I guarantee you, AZGrizFan will have nooooooooo problem responding to this thread. He's simply not on AGS right now. He'll be along.

What are you smoking? I claim no "victory". It is refreshing to read that many Griz fans would pass on Perrilloux. But, we all know that many will not post in this thread because they would take Ryan in a New York minute, but are ashamed to say so.

uofmman1122
September 8th, 2008, 12:21 AM
What are you smoking? I claim no "victory". It is refreshing to read that many Griz fans would pass on Perrilloux. But, we all know that many will not post in this thread because they would take Ryan in a New York minute, but are ashamed to say so.You've had a ton of answers, and every single person has said no....

Jesus...xnonono2x

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2008, 12:30 AM
This thread is a joke.

Every Griz fan that has responded is a *****ing liar!

If Ryan were announced as a Griz you guys would be slinging goo on each others backs and brainstorming for new "edgy" excuses to bail the guy out of his actions. The same way you make excuses for Jimmy "Don't Pee on my Aunt" Wilson and all the thugs that robbed the house at gunpoint.

"Well technically they didn't go in the house, some of them stayed outside"

Who gives a ***** they were all in on it and were all guilty, the excuses make me sick.

You guys would lap that QB up like Ellen "Degenerate" face down in Ricki Lake.

Green26
September 8th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Hauck would not have taken this player.

It is not true that Hauck takes transfers with questionable character or legal problems. Hauck is a disciplinarian and a hard ass. In certain circumstances, he has given players a second chance.

Hauck has taken only 2 players who were dismissed from their teams: Quinn (Oklahoma) and Russum (Arizona St.). Quinn had ncaa issues, not legal issues (excluding a DUI arrest or two, none of which resulted in a DUI conviction or plea). Russum's incident was minor and did not result a legal problem. Russum has been a model citizen at UM for 4 years.

Hauck has taken only one transfer with a known legal conviction/plea. That was Coleman, who left Iowa St. in good standing. His conviction had been an assault (running from and over cops) at the end of his junior year of high school (4 years before he came to UM). He came with recommendations from Iowa St., as well coaches from schools who recruited him. Another transfer (Freeman) had had a prior criminal problem, but that was not known by UM at the time of the transfer.

I have never heard any UM fan say that they would want coaches to take problem players to improve the teams chances of success.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 8th, 2008, 12:38 AM
See above.

More *****ing excuses......................................I rest my case.

Grizaholic17
September 8th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Hauck would be reluctant to take him with the problems the previous years.

I personally am always up for taking a chance. Giving a second chance is always in my book.

This question is hard however, because it was never an issue. Berquist is great. Wouldn't trade him.

Tod
September 8th, 2008, 05:34 AM
See above.

More *****ing excuses......................................I rest my case.

This thread is totally pointless. A question is asked of Griz fans, they respond, and are told they are liars or making excuses.

Why ask the question in the first place?

xconfusedx

Wolfman
September 8th, 2008, 09:24 AM
This thread is a joke.

If Ryan were announced as a Griz you guys would be slinging goo on each others backs and brainstorming for new "edgy" excuses to bail the guy out of his actions. The same way you make excuses for Jimmy "Don't Pee on my Aunt" Wilson and all the thugs that robbed the house at gunpoint.

"Well technically they didn't go in the house, some of them stayed outside"

Who gives a ***** they were all in on it and were all guilty, the excuses make me sick.

You guys would lap that QB up like Ellen "Degenerate" face down in Ricki Lake.

xlolx xlolx xlolx I had to laugh at the Ellen Degenerate part! xlolx

Wolfman
September 8th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Hauck would not have taken this player.

It is not true that Hauck takes transfers with questionable character or legal problems. Hauck is a disciplinarian and a hard ass. In certain circumstances, he has given players a second chance.

Hauck has taken only 2 players who were dismissed from their teams: Quinn (Oklahoma) and Russum (Arizona St.). Quinn had ncaa issues, not legal issues (excluding a DUI arrest or two, none of which resulted in a DUI conviction or plea). Russum's incident was minor and did not result a legal problem. Russum has been a model citizen at UM for 4 years.

Hauck has taken only one transfer with a known legal conviction/plea. That was Coleman, who left Iowa St. in good standing. His conviction had been an assault (running from and over cops) at the end of his junior year of high school (4 years before he came to UM). He came with recommendations from Iowa St., as well coaches from schools who recruited him. Another transfer (Freeman) had had a prior criminal problem, but that was not known by UM at the time of the transfer.

I have never heard any UM fan say that they would want coaches to take problem players to improve the teams chances of success.

It is "fans" like you, Greenie, constantly making excuses and spinning that embarrass the Griz fan base. Why don't you find another team to ruin? Another coach to suck up to? You are not even an alum of UM. Go away.

griz8791
September 8th, 2008, 09:28 AM
If the situation ever arises again I think Hauck can and will say he already gave at the office.

montanafan
September 8th, 2008, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=alphagriz1;1094378]This thread is a joke.

So you must either be lying to yourself or you are not a fan? Which is it? Oh, never mind, I see you are from Butte. Enough said. (Bi-polar Butte fan)

Grizzaholic
September 8th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Wolfman, do you jerk off to a picture of Hauck daily? I bet you wake up to a picture of him on your door and say to yourself, I wonder how I can make an ass of myself today while trying to drag Hauck's name through the mud today?

montanafan
September 8th, 2008, 09:40 AM
It is "fans" like you, Greenie, constantly making excuses and spinning that embarrass the Griz fan base. Why don't you find another team to ruin? Another coach to suck up to? You are not even an alum of UM. Go away.

Are you even a Griz fan or are you from Bozeman and have nothing better to do with your time? I am an alum of U of M and I have watched games for many, many years and have watched good kids come and good kids go. I have seen bad kids come and bad kids go also. So has every other program (excepy maybe Carrol College). Get off your high horse and get a job.

IABison
September 8th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Are you even a Griz fan or are you from Bozeman and have nothing better to do with your time? I am an alum of U of M and I have watched games for many, many years and have watched good kids come and good kids go. I have seen bad kids come and bad kids go also. So has every other program (excepy maybe Carrol College). Get off your high horse and get a job.

Of course he's not a fan... he's a critic.

Fans can be concerned and get upset when things aren't right, but still generally support their team.

My guess is wolfie has never been to missoula before. Probably lives out in Kansas and is just having fun with y'all.

putter
September 8th, 2008, 10:12 AM

Sorry Wolfie, I don't agree with you here. You could type the opposite of what you just did and it describes you and Alpha. And since when do you have to be an alum? I have never played in the NFL and yet have a favorite team. I don't agree with the coaches 100% of the time either but you have to allow for a middle ground. It is not all good or all bad.

montanafan:

"So you must either be lying to yourself or you are not a fan? Which is it? Oh, never mind, I see you are from Butte. Enough said. (Bi-polar Butte fan)"

Easy there, not everyone from Butte is Bi-polar....xnodx

Pattycakes
September 9th, 2008, 12:21 AM
i would have totally supported taking perriloux coming to the griz..having a qb of that caliber would have been worth the risk. on that note though perrilloux would never have signed with montana