JohnStOnge
September 7th, 2008, 06:16 AM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT09/AL0908W5.gif

msupokes1
September 7th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Please dear God don't let it come here.

TexasTerror
September 7th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Here's hoping that no SLC games are impacted.

This is the best week of SLC football thus far in the season and we would not want that ruined by weather...

McNeese72
September 7th, 2008, 09:07 AM
It's almost a week out still. The models they base the forecast cones on can change two or three times or more before then.

At least, let's hope they change.

http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200809_model.gif

The only thing I don't like about this model run, is that the GFDL model is the one that has been more accurate so far this season

Doc

TexasTerror
September 7th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Worth noting -- both Nicholls (Bowie State) and Southeastern La (South Dakota) are at home this weekend...

McTailGator
September 7th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I think regardless of where it hits, McNeese may have to put have it's Emergency Action Plan in place due to the huge amount of uncertainty around IKE.

Even my companies Meterologists are confused, and they have been calling the path within 15 miles of center for 4 years now.

We might have to make plans for a trip out west.

GeauxColonels
September 7th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Well, I've been watching this storm since we got power restored here at home Thursday night. If the trend continues, the cone of error could move west a few more times. If that happens, the game may be impacted by a stiff breeze and a shower or two but it should be good to go. Here's to hoping it goes straight across the Gulf into Mexico.

griz&beer
September 7th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Well the game is going to be a real good one if they get to play it. The griz had all they wanted and then some from Polly. Good luck in the game and I will keep you southern Guy's in my prayers so you guys can keep your head above water.

sikolec
September 7th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Let's hope it turns around and goes the other way! This is gonna be another great game for the Mustangs. Ya'll should just come to SLO for the game. We have great weather xcoolx

On a bad note...McNesse and Cal Poly don't have any matching OPEN weekends for a reschedule. :(

slostang
September 7th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Best wishes for all in the path of this one. Any chance they might move the game to SLO?

PantherRob82
September 7th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Hurricanes are stupid.

McTailGator
September 8th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Well, I've been watching this storm since we got power restored here at home Thursday night. If the trend continues, the cone of error could move west a few more times. If that happens, the game may be impacted by a stiff breeze and a shower or two but it should be good to go. Here's to hoping it goes straight across the Gulf into Mexico.

Should we rename the "Cone of Error", the "Cone of Terror"?

xpissedx

This is NOT good.

No way this game happens IMO... McNeese will have to Evac, and Cal Poly will not want to send their players into harms way and I don't blame them.

I just wish we could go there, but that would be tough getting a Jet at this short of a nitice. TSA requires a 10 day advanced notice for charter flights.

McNeeserocket
September 8th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Should we rename the "Cone of Error", the "Cone of Terror"?

xpissedx

This is NOT good.

No way this game happens IMO... McNeese will have to Evac, and Cal Poly will not want to send their players into harms way and I don't blame them.

I just wish we could go there, but that would be tough getting a Jet at this short of a nitice. TSA requires a 10 day advanced notice for charter flights.

I wonder if McNeese could get the charter plane that Cal Poly was going to use to come to Lake Charles and instead McNeese uses it to go to Cal Poly.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 8th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Some bad news, according to the Weather Channel the eye of Ike crossed Cuba where the terrain is flat and didn't get too beat up despite 12 hours on land. The storm's structure is still strong and can re-intensify once over water. And it's still a Cat-2!! xeekx xoopsx

Let's hope Ike turns into the mountains of western Cuba and gets whacked.

sikolec
September 8th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Some bad news, according to the Weather Channel the eye of Ike crossed Cuba where the terrain is flat and didn't get too beat up despite 12 hours on land. The storm's structure is still strong and can re-intensify once over water. And it's still a Cat-2!! xeekx xoopsx

Let's hope Ike turns into the mountains of western Cuba and gets whacked.

Oh my...that's not good. Just send McNesse St. Cal Poly' charter plane. Although it's more important that the McNesse St. players are with their families during a time like this.

Crossing my fingers that this thing goes in reverse xsmhx

msupokes1
September 8th, 2008, 01:08 PM
McNeese Athletic Department said today that it will not make a decision on the game until sometime Thursday.

McNeeseState311
September 8th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I say play it on Monday. Isn't Cal Poly sticking around anyway for their following week game?

McNeese75
September 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I say play it on Monday. Isn't Cal Poly sticking around anyway for their following week game?

No, they will fly back to CA.

Retro
September 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Latest update has storm coming ashore closer to central texas coast..

The latest 12Z (8 am EDT) computer models continue to show that Ike will track northwest into the central Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday and Wednesday. However, there has been a major shift in the model tracks for Thursday and Friday. All of the models are calling for a more westward motion, bringing Ike to a landfall in Texas sometime Friday afternoon through Saturday morning. The new set of model runs is portraying stronger high pressure over the central Gulf on Wednesday and Thursday will push Ike faster than expected to the west. The trough of low pressure expected to turn Ike to the north does not arrive until Friday night, after the storm has already made landfall in Texas. The timing and strength of this trough, plus the speed with which Ike moves across the Gulf this week are still uncertain. We cannot be confident yet of a Texas landfall until we see several model runs in row that lock in on this solution. All five major models--the GFS, UKMET, GFDL, HWRF, and ECMWF--foresee a landfall between Corpus Christi and Port Arthur. The GFDL model foresees landfall as a Category 2, and the HWRF as a Category 3. Landfall could be as early as Friday afternoon, or as late as Saturday morning.

McTailGator
September 8th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I wonder if McNeese could get the charter plane that Cal Poly was going to use to come to Lake Charles and instead McNeese uses it to go to Cal Poly.

I think the TSA might Poo that idea.

BUT, the 2:pm update showed a nice jump away from Lake Charles. Good for the game IMO..

Howver, it now appears much closer toward my house! xeyebrowx

BUT hey, I was pissd about losing the game. I have plenty of insurance. xsmiley_wix

McTailGator
September 8th, 2008, 05:11 PM
The purple, black, and blue ones really suck for me personally. Way too close to my house! xeyebrowx

Latest update has storm coming ashore closer to central texas coast..

IaaScribe
September 8th, 2008, 05:12 PM
What the surface at McNeese's stadium? Grass? FieldTurf?

McNeese75
September 8th, 2008, 08:58 PM
What the surface at McNeese's stadium? Grass? FieldTurf?

McNeese State will debut its new GeoMax2 infilled “replicated grass” playing field this season. xnodx