PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at Chattanooga?

Cocky
October 28th, 2005, 01:15 PM
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_74901.asp

AppGuy04
October 28th, 2005, 01:51 PM
consensual? hmmm, sounds pretty shady

ASU Kep
October 28th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Well, I guess thats sort of good news...saw it comin though,there's no way her story could have been credible with the whole face-painted stuff. I wonder what'll come of the suspension? I think if the coach has any morals he'll keep em benched...only one or two starters I heard anyway.

AppGuy04
October 28th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Yep, no means no in the eyes of the law.

yeah, but i've seen this before, they don't say no until after its over

not speculating, just saying, i've seen it before

bison95
October 28th, 2005, 04:33 PM
consensual? hmmm, sounds pretty shady

Reminds me of Mike Tyson, when asked if the sex was consensual? Mike replies, Yes yo honor, I had con sent on my hands and my face!

chattanoogamocs
October 28th, 2005, 10:41 PM
University police chief Mack McNeely declined Friday to say if the player suspensions were related to the rape complaint. He said the woman has changed her account of what happened since the initial incident report

This is really frustrating because one of our wrestlers was accused of rape last year...all this same stuff happened...ultimately, the girl admitted that she had had a one night stand with the guy after a party (too much drinking is never a good thing) and then lodged the complaint after her boyfriend found out.

Case dropped...a tiny story was printed...and to this day the poor kid still has people thinking he raped a girl...and people further question how the school would let a "rapist" still compete (not knowing the complaint had been dropped).

This is why I try to counsel the posters on Mocfans to hold off on making assumptions when almost none of the facts have been revealed...no one has even been arrested, but in typical news fashion, it is guilty until proven innocent...and no matter the outcome, the damage is done to the students, the team, and the program.

:(

AppGuy04
October 28th, 2005, 11:38 PM
This is really frustrating because one of our wrestlers was accused of rape last year...all this same stuff happened...ultimately, the girl admitted that she had had a one night stand with the guy after a party (too much drinking is never a good thing) and then lodged the complaint after her boyfriend found out.

Case dropped...a tiny story was printed...and to this day the poor kid still has people thinking he raped a girl...and people further question how the school would let a "rapist" still compete (not knowing the complaint had been dropped).

This is why I try to counsel the posters on Mocfans to hold off on making assumptions when almost none of the facts have been revealed...no one has even been arrested, but in typical news fashion, it is guilty until proven innocent...and no matter the outcome, the damage is done to the students, the team, and the program.

:(

well, as you can tell, we think her story is kinda shady

but you are right, the damage has been done

Tribe4SF
October 28th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Well, gang rape or gang bang, having seven players involved in this in the wee hours the day before a game is clear evidence of the state of the program at Chatty. Defending the players under these circumstances is laughable. Whether their behavior was criminal or not, I'd want them out of my program.

Since no charges have been filed, I wonder why the attorney felt compelled to go to the press with details of the complaint.

There's alot more shady than just the woman's story. Another black eye for UTC, no matter the legal outcome.

chattanoogamocs
October 29th, 2005, 03:59 AM
Well, gang rape or gang bang, having seven players involved in this in the wee hours the day before a game is clear evidence of the state of the program at Chatty. Defending the players under these circumstances is laughable. Whether their behavior was criminal or not, I'd want them out of my program.

...do you think making blanket generalizations and assumptions without really knowing any of the facts is any less laughable?

(note: not that it really matters, are you thinking that "the day before" is like literally the night before the game? It was Thursday night/Friday morning...nearly 48 hours before the game...or 40ish)

Since no charges have been filed, I wonder why the attorney felt compelled to go to the press with details of the complaint.

Gee, I don't know...maybe because it is all over the internet that football players gang raped a girl...maybe they want to get their side of the story out to counteract all the "guilty until proven innocent" posters out in web world who have apparently already tried and convicted them...if not legally, then morally.

...especially when their side of the story is...1) it was consensual, 2) she had been intimate with a player before, 3) she waited nearly 3 days to report it (and went to a home football game to cheer on the team in between), 4) there might have been 7 players in the apartment, but they did not all have sex (I think they were claiming 2 or 3)...that is the part of the story that appears to have "changed", and 5) they claim to have non-involved, non-football witnesses to back at least some of their claims.

I wish I knew the facts, I don't....I have gotten little bits and pieces through my sources (but I still consider that hearsay). I will just impatiently wait until the proper authorities can determine what really happened...if it is true...I'd be the first one to vote that they should be strung up by their testicles.

If it really was 7 on 1, I find that morally reprehensible (as I stated in the ASU/Chattanooga thread) and would want them gone too...but I do have to ask myself, where is the line drawn? If it is 2 or 3 guys, in a consensual (not illegal) manner, is it less immoral? If it were 2 or 3 girls with a football player, would the guy be a stud? Like I said, I will wait until the police make a determination before I make an personal judgements.

Another black eye for UTC, no matter the legal outcome.

What was the other black eye?

Look, I don't want to get into a pissing match...I barely even know ya. By the same token, I am not sure why you would even care to make comments on a situation you really know nothing about...heck, I got contacts out the ying yang here and I barely know what's going on...most everyone is tight lipped while the police investigate.

AppGuy04
October 29th, 2005, 08:20 AM
You think her story is shady.

I'm not the only one that has said or implied that

ASU Kep said: "Well, I guess thats sort of good news...saw it comin though,there's no way her story could have been credible with the whole face-painted stuff. I wonder what'll come of the suspension? I think if the coach has any morals he'll keep em benched...only one or two starters I heard anyway."

he is skeptical too