PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs. Cal Poly Highlights

uofmman1122
September 7th, 2008, 02:43 AM
http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2008_2009/Football/Multimedia/at_Cal_Poly/um-cpu-2008.wmv

I love the new opening for the highlight videos! xhurrayx

Edit: Finally watched the highlights for the first time.

Unbelievable game.

AZGrizFan
September 7th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Griz got outplayed, and dodged a bullet. But, much like MANY games the past few years, they STILL manage to find a way to win, even on the road.

Bobby just about played us into a loss, however. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Grizaholic17
September 7th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Griz got outplayed, and dodged a bullet. But, much like MANY games the past few years, they STILL manage to find a way to win, even on the road.

Regardless, we won. And the score is what matters. I would have felt better with a little more solid defense and passing game, but for the first game of the season, not too shabby!

Great video. I love the way they do these. Next week we bring it home all!

Tod
September 7th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Wow, did I miss a helluva game! :( :( :(

But, the Griz won, so I'll eat my crow now. Gladly! xnodx xnodx

GrizRchattybound
September 7th, 2008, 01:22 PM

Did you watch the game?

Outplayed???? ask the Cal Poly fans about that statement...

man there are some seriously unhappy people in this world...

uofmman1122
September 7th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Did you watch the game?

Outplayed???? ask the Cal Poly fans about that statement...

man there are some seriously unhappy people in this world...I'd say we were outplayed in the first half, and we couldn't stop their offense even into the fourth, but we weren't outplayed the entire game. Our special teams handed it to their special teams, that's for sure.

That said, we out coached them in the second half, for sure.

The only playcalling in the second half that I wasn't happy with was the sweep call on the 3rd and short when running up the gut had been working just fine. Next play was when they stopped us on fourth and short. Turned out in our favor, but it could have been bad.

Uncle Rico's Clan
September 7th, 2008, 01:34 PM
For a defense with as little experience as we have I think they played pretty well, and out offense put together some good drives in the second half. I can't wait for next saturday, its going to be loud.

GrizRchattybound
September 7th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I'd say we were outplayed in the first half, and we couldn't stop their offense even into the fourth, but we're outplayed the entire game. Our special teams handed it to their special teams, that's for sure.

That said, we out coached them in the second half, for sure.

The only playcalling in the second half that I wasn't happy with was the sweep call on the 3rd and short when running up the gut had been working just fine. Next play was when they stopped us on fourth and short. Turned out in our favor, but it could have been bad.

Outplayed is a pretty big word...it's not just an automatic...sometimes it's called playing the game of football. You know...like momentum, physical ability, etc...these are not robots or some video game...this is real life.

no one had to be "Outplayed" it is 60 minutes of a game...you can't point to one series or one qtr or half ...it's football.

I'm not trying to bust you or anyone else's chops...I'm just saying appreciate it for what it was...a great game. The OL took over, we were down by 7 and and out scored them 16-7 in the second half.

Great game by all...I loved it. Especially since I was prepared to got to my Season tix 0-1 and way down in the top 20 rankings maybe.

who hoooooooooooooo!!!

uofmman1122
September 7th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Outplayed is a pretty big word...it's not just an automatic...sometimes it's called playing the game of football. You know...like momentum, physical ability, etc...these are not robots or some video game...this is real life.

no one had to be "Outplayed" it is 60 minutes of a game...you can't point to one series or one qtr or half ...it's football.

I'm not trying to bust you or anyone else's chops...I'm just saying appreciate it for what it was...a great game. The OL took over, we were down by 7 and and out scored them 16-7 in the second half.

Great game by all...I loved it.I noticed I got lazy with the English language in my first post. I meant to say, "We weren't outplayed the entire game." Fixed it in my first post after I noticed it. xlolx

But you're right. Great way to start the season.

I can't wait for next week! xnodx

SteelCurtain
September 8th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Looked like a great game!!! Cal-Poly can never seem to win the big game. Props to Montana, also really liked the highlights

Very professional!!