PDA

View Full Version : JMU/ASU

Pages : [1] 2 3

ASUG8
September 6th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Based on their respective performances this week, I think this matchup will be one of the best of the season. Convincing wins this week coming off disappointing 1-A losses last week - should be fun.

Discuss...xeyebrowx

mcveyrl
September 6th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Um...we've got a little team from the northeast to play this weekend.

You might've heard of 'em....UMass.

Let us get by that one first. We'll have our hands full there.

ERASU2113
September 6th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I just wish it wasn't two weeks away. The one game on the schedule that scares me.

ERASU2113
September 6th, 2008, 10:36 PM

Wow UMass then ASU? Toughest schedule in FCS? Don't know if there is a SOS for FCS or not.

As for ASU/JMU - I just wish it wasn't two weeks away.

JMU-MRD-DAD
September 6th, 2008, 11:14 PM
I just got home from the JMU game. Yes....let's focus on UMASS first.

Go Dukes!

T-Dog
September 6th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Wait....you won 56-7 too?!

T-Dog
September 6th, 2008, 11:18 PM

Well we got a bye week. So all we got in front of us is you. :p :D xanim_chaix xsmashx

GannonFan
September 6th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Based on their respective performances this week, I think this matchup will be one of the best of the season. Convincing wins this week coming off disappointing 1-A losses last week - should be fun.

Discuss...xeyebrowx

Huh? JMU beat a first year FCS team that has aspirations to one day be good enough to be a MEAC team and Appy St beat the Jacksonville that doesn't give out schollies. I don't think today's games have any indication of how good either team is.

alexale23
September 6th, 2008, 11:54 PM
well 1 thing is for sure preseason is over for both teams. I do think asu having the off week is a huge advantage.

GreatAppSt
September 7th, 2008, 12:09 AM
well 1 thing is for sure preseason is over for both teams. I do think asu having the off week is a huge advantage.

Who said it was?xoopsx xrolleyesx

IndianaAppMan
September 7th, 2008, 12:27 AM

For the short term, having a week off might be a tiny advantage, but it's not as though, after two weeks, there's a huge need to nurse injuries and rest. In the long run, it is too bad that ASU's week off isn't in October or early November.

If ASU is fortunate enough to make it to Chattanooga in December, they'll play 14 games in a row.

BDKJMU
September 7th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Wait....you won 56-7 too?!

Well, 4th and goal from the 3 with 1:34 left in the 4th. (All backups in of course). Mickey decides to kick 20 yd fg, which was blocked. Was thinking was going to be 63-7. But 56-7 good enough.

ASUG8
September 7th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Well, 4th and goal from the 3 with 1:34 left in the 4th. (All backups in of course). Mickey decides to kick 20 yd fg, which was blocked. Was thinking was going to be 63-7. But 56-7 good enough.

Poor Mickey - he doesn't alway make the right decision on 4th down...xrolleyesx

Col Hogan
September 7th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Wow UMass then ASU? Toughest schedule in FCS? Don't know if there is a SOS for FCS or not

How about JMU then Texas Tech???

That's the next two weeks for UMass...xbawlingxxbawlingx

Black Saturday
September 7th, 2008, 09:25 AM
How about JMU then Texas Tech???

That's the next two weeks for UMass...xbawlingxxbawlingx

Scorewise it looked like you were in a tough one with HC yeasterday?

james_lawfirm
September 7th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Poor Mickey - he doesn't alway make the right decision on 4th down...xrolleyesx

Actually, I think his poor decision in Boone was on 3rd down.

Col Hogan
September 7th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Scorewise it looked like you were in a tough one with HC yeasterday?

The offense clicked...the defense and special teams need a lot of work...

URMite
September 7th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Wow UMass then ASU? Toughest schedule in FCS? Don't know if there is a SOS for FCS or not.

As for ASU/JMU - I just wish it wasn't two weeks away.

Definitely tough, especially with only 11 games. But I still think the top 3 are 3 SDSU - 8 tough games, 1 more than most tough schedules
2 UD - MD, Furman, JMU, UMass, UR all away
1 The Citadel - Florida, Clemson, @ ASU and with a Div II - Very tough road to the playoffs

mcveyrl
September 7th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Definitely tough, especially with only 11 games. But I still think the top 3 are 3 SDSU - 8 tough games, 1 more than most tough schedules
2 UD - MD, Furman, JMU, UMass, UR all away
1 The Citadel - Florida, Clemson, @ ASU and with a Div II - Very tough road to the playoffs

Ours is tough, but these are definitely tougher.

I think UD's is the worst. Realistically, any team in the MVFC, CAA, or SoCon has a tough schedule, but all of their realy tough ones are on the road.

SoCon48
September 8th, 2008, 09:46 AM

If we had a lot of injuries to heal, it would. But we don't unless practice weeks create some.

With most of the key players getting little playing time vs non-scholly Jax, we will certainly be rusty after a lay-off.

Mountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 09:53 AM
With most of the key players getting little playing time vs non-scholly Jax, we will certainly be rusty after a lay-off.

That's my main concern as well. I wish we were playing a game this weekend to avoid that. I believe we had a week off last year before the Georgia Southern game and look what happened there. :(

IndianaAppMan
September 8th, 2008, 10:13 AM
That's my main concern as well. I wish we were playing a game this weekend to avoid that. I believe we had a week off last year before the Georgia Southern game and look what happened there. :(

Ah, c'mon. Things can't be perfect in football. Let's not use that as an excuse if we don't pull it off. I don't think we'll have to worry about that, though. ;)

AshevilleApp2
September 8th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Good luck to JMU this week. I sure as h#ll don't want to play you if you have a 1-2 record going into the game.

Mountaineer
September 8th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Ah, c'mon. Things can't be perfect in football. Let's not use that as an excuse if we don't pull it off. I don't think we'll have to worry about that, though. ;)

It's not really an excuse as we got beat fair and square by GS. However, a rusty AE (sort of like how he's play so far this year) coupled with a week off didn't do us any favors against a charged up Eagles team.

AE's first pass was an interception for a TD. We never got the ball rolling until the fourth quarter. By then it was too late.

We're not gonna have that luxury playing in a hostile stadium in Harrisonburg.

Coupled with the semi-weak play I've seen so far from the offense and giving the Dukes the advantage of home field; I see them taking this game. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

biggie
September 8th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Questioning the amount home field advantage. How many ASU fans are we expecting? Seems like everyone I've talked to got their tickets through JMU and not the ASU alotment, so seems like we have a large group making the trip.

blackNgold93
September 8th, 2008, 10:09 PM

Discuss...xeyebrowx

One thing will be different, JMU will come in to the game knowing what they have in the tank after playing UMASS. App State on the other hand will go in without having played a game against "reasonable" competition.

I'm not sure if I learned enough from the first two games to form an opinion as to how we will measure up. We will certainly know more about JMU than we will ASU at game time. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I'm pulling for JMU to have an injury free win over UMASS so we have a real measuring stick against real competition. xhypedx

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 8th, 2008, 10:19 PM
When the App State/JMU game has concluded, are we going to be breaking down what happened for 6 weeks afterward? Just curious.

BDKJMU
September 9th, 2008, 01:25 AM
When the App State/JMU game has concluded, are we going to be breaking down what happened for 6 weeks afterward? Just curious.

Nah, only for 3 weeks afterward till JMU plays UR.:D

T-Dog
September 9th, 2008, 02:17 AM

If App wins, we'll be a hundred-times more confidant in our football team, cite examples of how great we were in the game and the rest of AGS will be even more sick of us. On the other foot, more JMU fans will get in the "Fire Mickey Matthews" bandwagon and they'll be emotionally crushed and break down the game to show why MM is unfit to be their football coach.

If JMU wins, they'll praise MM and give examples on why he's their most successive coach ever and how it'll carry over into the grind of CAA play. App fans will question our team just a bit more but for the most part still keep faith in our team as long as we're not blown out or dominated.

So in short, nope. Just for two weeks until we play more games to dissect, complain, praise and lament about. xrulesx

CID1990
September 9th, 2008, 03:43 AM
One thing will be different, JMU will come in to the game knowing what they have in the tank after playing UMASS. App State on the other hand will go in without having played a game against "reasonable" competition.
I'm not sure if I learned enough from the first two games to form an opinion as to how we will measure up. We will certainly know more about JMU than we will ASU at game time. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I'm pulling for JMU to have an injury free win over UMASS so we have a real measuring stick against real competition. xhypedx

El Cid is in a similar situation. The upside is that we did get some good indications from clempson and we will be able to measure ourselves against Princeton and WCU before going to Boone.

93henfan
September 9th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I will savor the fact that either JMU or App is going to come out of that game with a loss.

And I hope they beat the hell out of each other in the process!xnodx

james_lawfirm
September 9th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Coupled with the semi-weak play I've seen so far from the offense and giving the Dukes the advantage of home field; I see them taking this game. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

If almost 500 yds. of rushing is semi-weak, then what is strong?

appfan2008
September 9th, 2008, 07:18 AM
El Cid is in a similar situation. The upside is that we did get some good indications from clempson and we will be able to measure ourselves against Princeton and WCU before going to Boone.

I am looking forward to you guys coming up to boone... that should be quite the matchup! and the first big game at home on the season

appfan2008
September 9th, 2008, 07:19 AM

I would assume he was referring to our passing game which has looked subject at best...

ASU88
September 9th, 2008, 10:17 AM

I went to the game and I'd have to say that, if it's possible to have an unimpressive 56-7 victory, we did it.

We had some fine moments, don't get me wrong. But I was surprised how much our offense fell off without Armanti in there. I thought we'd be able to do more with Pressley playing.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned that even more of our success is riding on Armanti this year. We don't seem to have quite as many weapons to keep teams from game-planning to stop him (Welton being the possible exception).

Black Saturday
September 9th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I went to the game and I'd have to say that, if it's possible to have an unimpressive 56-7 victory, we did it.

We had some fine moments, don't get me wrong. But I was surprised how much our offense fell off without Armanti in there. I thought we'd be able to do more with Pressley playing.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned that even more of our success is riding on Armanti this year. We don't seem to have quite as many weapons to keep teams from game-planning to stop him (Welton being the possible exception).

We danged sure don't have anyone who can catch a pass. All JMU need do, is load the box and stop the run. xbawlingx

T-Dog
September 14th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I see purple on the horizon. I HATE PURPLE! xflamemadx xanim_chaix xsplatx

Mountaineer
September 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM

Time to take off the black and gold colored glasses. Our offense has been suspect at best while the defense has shown a few flashes of brilliance. Whipping up on non-scholarship Jacksonville really doesn't tell us much, especially taking into account the ineptness of the passing game.

We've turned in two fairly mediocre games to open the season. If we show up and play like that in Harrisonburg, JMU is gonna hand us our butts.

mountaineer in Cane Land
September 14th, 2008, 07:44 PM
dam guys,

reading all this doom and gloom about Apps chances against James Madison makes me wonder why are we even playing the game, lets just go ahead and give James Madison the victory and save us the trip. Seriously, I think we will be fine, we still have the best player in the FCS, we still have the best overall talent, and we still have the best coaching staff. Do not forget, AE always saves his best for the biggest games. I believe the passing game will come around this week, and I believe that we will surprise James Madison with our much improved defensive line. I also believe that our players are tired of hearing about how we are no longer the best team in the country, and that we will not defend our title in Chatt this year. We have something to prove to the country, THAT THE TITLE STLL COMES THRU BOONE. I have a gut feellng that Moore will have the team ready for this game, and we will win this game easily.

Death Dealer
September 14th, 2008, 07:49 PM
It's bad when a Vermin has more confidence in the Mountainqueers than their own fans! You guys need to take JMU to the woodshed!!! I believe you can do it. We are going to do all we can to take care of UD, now you guys go up there and whoop those Dookies, and keep bragging rights with the SOCON!!!!!xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
September 14th, 2008, 08:47 PM
dam guys,

reading all this doom and gloom about Apps chances against James Madison makes me wonder why are we even playing the game, lets just go ahead and give James Madison the victory and save us the trip. Seriously, I think we will be fine, we still have the best player in the FCS, we still have the best overall talent, and we still have the best coaching staff. Do not forget, AE always saves his best for the biggest games. I believe the passing game will come around this week, and I believe that we will surprise James Madison with our much improved defensive line. I also believe that our players are tired of hearing about how we are no longer the best team in the country, and that we will not defend our title in Chatt this year. We have something to prove to the country, THAT THE TITLE STLL COMES THRU BOONE. I have a gut feellng that Moore will have the team ready for this game, and we will win this game easily.

hey bud, i for one am optimistic.xthumbsupx

ChubbyCherub
September 14th, 2008, 08:50 PM
im predicting a kicking game...i dont care how good any of you think the offenses are, the defenses are better

ASU-6 JMU-3

JmuSkinsfan
September 14th, 2008, 09:02 PM
im predicting a kicking game...i dont care how good any of you think the offenses are, the defenses are better

ASU-6 JMU-3

xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

mcveyrl
September 15th, 2008, 08:35 AM
If you're coming to this game and want to meet up at my tailgate, let me know. All are welcome (except Cap'n Cat...I've got a daughter...yea she's only 4 months, but it's Cap'n Cat.)

jus10asu
September 15th, 2008, 08:36 AM
bump

jus10asu
September 15th, 2008, 08:38 AM
So how many fans are we expecting to head up to the game? I guess I'm gonna have to listen to David Jackson scream TOUCHDOWN APP STATE!!! on the radio for this one.

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 09:19 AM

ASU-6 JMU-3

over my dead body... there is a better chance of a 70-67 thriller than a 6-3 slugfest!

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 09:19 AM
So how many fans are we expecting to head up to the game? I guess I'm gonna have to listen to David Jackson scream TOUCHDOWN APP STATE!!! on the radio for this one.

I will have to listen to jackson on the radio bc we dont get it on tv down here... damn caa...

th0m
September 15th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I will have to listen to jackson on the radio bc we dont get it on tv down here... damn caa...

Watch it online from the CN8 website.

spoogemcgee18
September 15th, 2008, 09:27 AM
If anybody happens to have two unused tickets, will ya let me know please?

magman919
September 15th, 2008, 09:34 AM
This should and hopefully will be a great game.
If the last two times these teams have squared off is any indication, then we're in for a classic. App. will have the offense clicking on all cylinders with the help of the off week. JMU will be pretty confident after beating a traditionally good UMASS team.

I shall be in attendance.xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
September 15th, 2008, 09:36 AM
If anybody happens to have two unused tickets, will ya let me know please?

Aren't all the tickets unused at this point?xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix :p

Appinator
September 15th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Is there no word of a last second TV deal? I know last year that we had some games made available on Sports South at the 11 hour. I love DJ and Brownie, but I'd would really prefer not to watch it on my computer.

HiHiYikas
September 15th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Here's how you now it should be a close game - six pages of discussion and predictions, and only one "well, I guess we shouldn't even show up" comment.

APPStrongNC
September 15th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Quoted from goasu
• The Colonial Athletic Association granted exclusive television rights to Saturday’s game to Philadelphia-based CN8, which is available only in a span of 12 New England and mid-Atlantic states, reaching from Maine to Northern Virginia. CN8 is not available on DirecTV or Dish Network. However, CN8 does offer a live stream of its programming at CN8.tv.

With this big of a game in our area. Why the HELL can it not get outside of the damn NE. Someone....
However, it is cool. AM radio is my friend and been the way to listen to the games for year. However, I can get it on 97.3 FM this year in my area..

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 10:43 AM

oh good idea thanks...

DLS
September 15th, 2008, 10:43 AM
with love and mcduffie handling business in the secondary, the best group of linebackers in the fcs, and our rediculously deep d-line, mickey is gonna have to come up with a new strategy than the one he used last year because it aint happening again.

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Quoted from goasu
• The Colonial Athletic Association granted exclusive television rights to Saturday’s game to Philadelphia-based CN8, which is available only in a span of 12 New England and mid-Atlantic states, reaching from Maine to Northern Virginia. CN8 is not available on DirecTV or Dish Network. However, CN8 does offer a live stream of its programming at CN8.tv.

With this big of a game in our area. Why the HELL can it not get outside of the damn NE. Someone....
However, it is cool. AM radio is my friend and been the way to listen to the games for year. However, I can get it on 97.3 FM this year in my area..

really stupid that the caa wont let a north carolina station show it down here... it would do well... but it looks like watchingon the computer is the only way...

jus10asu
September 15th, 2008, 10:50 AM
with love and mcduffie handling business in the secondary, the best group of linebackers in the fcs, and our rediculously deep d-line, mickey is gonna have to come up with a new strategy than the one he used last year because it aint happening again.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Our run D is much better this year and that's the reason it was close last year was because we never had our O on the field. I see us shutting down their "clock eating" strategy of last year. So that will make it interesting, its hard to say how it will turn out depending on JMU's approach.

appstate38
September 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM

Is it free and if not, what's the cost???

Eaglegus2
September 15th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Is it free and if not, what's the cost???

It is free!!!!

I have watched it on the web and I am impressed how good the reception is.

AppStsGr8
September 15th, 2008, 11:26 AM
The other issue with the CN8 website can be sound. Some folks have said that saying you're in Virginia (whether you are or not) fixes that issue.

Spoogemcgee18, there are a few folks on MMB who appear to have available tickets.

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 11:39 AM
The other issue with the CN8 website can be sound. Some folks have said that saying you're in Virginia (whether you are or not) fixes that issue.

Spoogemcgee18, there are a few folks on MMB who appear to have available tickets.

ill fix the sound problem... listen to jackson and watch the game muted!

AppStsGr8
September 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM

That's a good idea, too. I wasn't enormously impressed with Saturday's announcers for the JMU / UMass game (CN8 feed to CSS).

BDKJMU
September 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM

Hey, weren't you the one who said he'd cut off his penis if JMU lost to Duke?

Purple7
September 15th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Last Friday, I found that if you go to this CN8 link
http://www.cn8.tv/CN8Home/default.aspx?lc=new (http://http://www.cn8.tv/CN8Home/default.aspx?lc=new)
then click on VA, then click on watch live, the audio works.

However, if you go to the main mid-atlantic link at:
http://www.cn8.tv/channel/article.asp?lArticleID=4664&lChannelID=604&subhead=cn8live there is no audio.

jonmac
September 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM

Although that is a good idea, when I tried it Saturday the radio broadcast is about 10 seconds ahead of the video. Don't know if it will be the same with our broadcast though. I did fix the sound problem by clicking that I am in VA instead of clicking that I am outside the viewing area.

If anyone know how I can get the ISP audio feed to match up with the video please tell me. Thanks.

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 11:55 AM
how fast a speed do you need on your internet connection for the video stream to work?

DLS
September 15th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Hey, weren't you the one who said he'd cut off his penis if JMU lost to Duke?

yes and now the only way to re-attach the lil fella is for the mountaineers to humiliate JMU on their home turf.

gaaaame oooon.

james_lawfirm
September 15th, 2008, 12:30 PM
yes and now the only way to re-attach the lil fella is for the mountaineers to humiliate JMU on their home turf.

gaaaame oooon.

DLS:

Sir, you may be the most honest person on AGS. And, I admire your humility. However, your decision-making ability when faced with uncertainties and your gambling acumen are somewhat lacking. If I may be so bold, I would advise that you should avoid Las Vegas.

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 12:33 PM
DLS:

Sir, you may be the most honest person on AGS. And, I admire your humility. However, your decision-making ability when faced with uncertainties and your gambling acumen are somewhat lacking. If I may be so bold, I would advise that you should avoid Las Vegas.

otherwise... who knows what might happen...

Purple7
September 15th, 2008, 12:46 PM
how fast a speed do you need on your internet connection for the video stream to work?

Don't know, but the CN8 online stream is up 24/7 so check it out prior to the game to make sure you can get it.

DLS
September 15th, 2008, 12:48 PM
DLS:

vegas is for pu$$!es. i prefer to roll the dice in the back alleys of hanoi where real ballers spend their rent money.

spoogemcgee18
September 15th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I managed to scoop up a couple tickets over on MMB so I guess I'll be joining the rest of you Appholes for the Battle of the Blue Ridge!

AppStsGr8
September 15th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Great! See you in Harrisonburg. GO APP!

appfan2008
September 15th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I managed to scoop up a couple tickets over on MMB so I guess I'll be joining the rest of you Appholes for the Battle of the Blue Ridge!

on stubhub tickets were going for well over 100 dollars...

AshevilleApp2
September 17th, 2008, 07:17 AM
JMU fans, I need some advice. I'm looking at doing some hiking on Saturday before tailgating time. Would you advise going over to Shenendoah N.P., or is there someplace else close that might be less crowded?

YoUDeeMan
September 17th, 2008, 10:03 AM
JMU beat UMass because the UMass DLs and OLBs decided they were five year old soccer players. The entire first half saw them all huddling around themselves in the middle of the field trying to find the ball while Landers & Co. frolicked to outside. UMass D is flat out awful...they need to do some fixin' in the next few weeks. Appy won't let JMU get outside as much and I’m not convinced JMU can still pound teams in the middle.

On the other side of the ball, JMU's D has a remarkable resemblance to Swiss cheese. You'd think the parents of the LBs would be concerned that their sons disappeared during the game. It was like watching some sci-fi show; the JMU LBs were there at the start of almost every play and then suddenly, POOF (must have something to do with the purple), they were gone. I thought pictures on milk cartons might have been in order.

Although I’m rooting for JMU (that is really hard to type), Appy wins...Mickey blames the planets.

dukesfan74
September 17th, 2008, 10:09 AM
JMU fans, I need some advice. I'm looking at doing some hiking on Saturday before tailgating time. Would you advise going over to Shenendoah N.P., or is there someplace else close that might be less crowded?

SNP is the best bet. Shouldn't be too crowded. Best hiking in the central section(between Swift Run Gap entrance @ US-33 and Thorton Gap @ US211) but using the Southern section will be less out of your way

AppAlum2003
September 17th, 2008, 10:16 AM
otherwise... who knows what might happen...

What does he have left to lose? xlolx

AshevilleApp2
September 17th, 2008, 11:39 AM
SNP is the best bet. Shouldn't be too crowded. Best hiking in the central section(between Swift Run Gap entrance @ US-33 and Thorton Gap @ US211) but using the Southern section will be less out of your way

Great! Thanks for the advice. Now lets hope for some good weather.

dukesfan74
September 17th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Great! Thanks for the advice. Now lets hope for some good weather.

Weather forecast is for mid 70's during the day(about 10 degrees less in SNP) At kickoff - probably in the 60's. Partly cloudy. With the Field Turf
it should be a fast field - No excuses for anybody.

vaughtdj
September 17th, 2008, 02:12 PM
JMU: 42

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because uh some uh people out there in our nation don’t *have* maps and uh I believe that our ed- education like such as in South Africa and uh the- the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should uh our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or- or- should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future" : 31

IndianaAppMan
September 17th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'm glad to see that both AD's are negotiating a 4- to 6-game series against each other. Besides maybe Montana, which would require too high travel costs on a 1AA budget for a long-term series, JMU would be the best team for App to have as a long-term OOC rival. I can't imagine many JMU fans disputing that, either, especially when you hear their thirst for revenge.

IndianaAppMan
September 17th, 2008, 02:30 PM

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because uh some uh people out there in our nation don’t *have* maps and uh I believe that our ed- education like such as in South Africa and uh the- the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should uh our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or- or- should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future" : 31

Title IX ;)

Appinator
September 17th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Too lazy to look it up myself, how was the Umass run defense prior to the JMU game last week. They obviously got lit up on the ground by the Duke's backs and RL. I know they are supposed to have an NFL caliber CB, but I really don't know anything about the Umass front seven. Was it a great game by the Dukes against a great defense, or was the failure of the Minutemen defense suspect to begin with?

Both App and JMU relied heavily on their ground games for their last wins, but it might come down to who can move it through the air more effectively.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 17th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Suspect to begin with IMO, but they returned on 8 on D from an extremely stout defense last year. Go figure.

To me, UMass JMU was a battle of size vs. speed in the trenches (both backfields are pretty fast). Speed won.

ASU will match up quite differently, yet I think we'll still be able to get plenty of big runs. JMU will probably throw a little more - a safe assumption since they could hardly throw less last week - based on the relatively young ASU secondary. Secondary is UMass' strength and JMU avoided it completely.

mcveyrl
September 17th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Too lazy to look it up myself, how was the Umass run defense prior to the JMU game last week. They obviously got lit up on the ground by the Duke's backs and RL. I know they are supposed to have an NFL caliber CB, but I really don't know anything about the Umass front seven. Was it a great game by the Dukes against a great defense, or was the failure of the Minutemen defense suspect to begin with?

Both App and JMU relied heavily on their ground games for their last wins, but it might come down to who can move it through the air more effectively.

I think you'll probably get different answers from each fan base, but the truth is somewhere in the middle. JMU has a good rushing attack and UMass had bad run defense. Landers threw the ball well when he had to.

I'm pretty sure that App has a better run defense than UMass, but I'm also pretty sure that App doesn't present the aerial threat that UMass did.

ASUG8
September 17th, 2008, 03:02 PM

You missed this part when you copy/pasted from Wiki - she's not a student at App:

Upton had planned to attend Appalachian State University to study graphic design, but is currently focusing on her modeling career.[4][5][1]

mcveyrl
September 17th, 2008, 03:06 PM
You missed this part when you copy/pasted from Wiki - she's not a student at App:

Upton had planned to attend Appalachian State University to study graphic design, but is currently focusing on her modeling career and will be stripping within 5 years.[4][5][1]

Free tailgate beer for the person that adds the above to the wikipedia page.

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2008, 03:08 PM

Don't be hatin'. She's helping keep Appalachian HOT, HOT, HOT (even when the weather is COLD, COLD, COLD.) xnodx xlolx

james_lawfirm
September 17th, 2008, 03:20 PM
JMU beat UMass because the UMass DLs and OLBs decided they were five year old soccer players. The entire first half saw them all huddling around themselves in the middle of the field trying to find the ball while Landers & Co. frolicked to outside. UMass D is flat out awful...they need to do some fixin' in the next few weeks. Appy won't let JMU get outside as much and I’m not convinced JMU can still pound teams in the middle.

On the other side of the ball, JMU's D has a remarkable resemblance to Swiss cheese. You'd think the parents of the LBs would be concerned that their sons disappeared during the game. It was like watching some sci-fi show; the JMU LBs were there at the start of almost every play and then suddenly, POOF (must have something to do with the purple), they were gone. I thought pictures on milk cartons might have been in order.

Although I’m rooting for JMU (that is really hard to type), Appy wins...Mickey blames the planets.

WOW! So, there's no reason to play this game? What I figured.

Appinator
September 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Free tailgate beer for the person that adds the above to the wikipedia page.

Actually, she just enrolled this past semester.

http://theapp.appstate.edu/content/view/3868/40/

Can I still get the free beer? jk

mcveyrl
September 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM

Can I still get the free beer?

Sure. Everybody was getting free beer anyway, just wanted to see who would make the wiki changes.

james_lawfirm
September 17th, 2008, 03:25 PM

Weird post. But, I do know what the above quote is about. Isn't that kind of what Coach Mickey said when asked how he & the football team was going to provide a hostile environment to ASU? Hmmm. Good luck with that.

Appinator
September 17th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Sure. Everybody was getting free beer anyway, just wanted to see who would make the wiki changes.

The whole thing is pretty hilarious. I actually have some fraternity brothers that have hung out with her at the bar a few times, and every picture she takes she has the same pose that is in The App article. Also, she is as dumb as advertised from what they say.

ASUG8
September 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM

Can I still get the free beer? jk

No way - Wiki can't be wrong, right? xsmiley_wix

Oh well, I guess we can take that beating. There's no telling what I'd say if you asked me what my name was in front of all those people & cameras. Back to football......xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 17th, 2008, 03:55 PM

I'll be on the next flight out of Washington! :D

Grizzaholic
September 17th, 2008, 03:59 PM
So, because the Griz Encounter removed Appaholic from being the specticle at the App game this weekend, do the Griz automatically get a win the next time the Griz and App meet up? I mean come on, the whole Missoula county is sure taking one for the team this weekend.

YoUDeeMan
September 18th, 2008, 10:30 AM
WOW! So, there's no reason to play this game? What I figured.

Nice closing statement, counselor.

Pro bono work is supposed to be done for the public good. At least put some effort into it. xrulesx

ASUG8
September 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM
So, because the Griz Encounter removed Appaholic from being the specticle at the App game this weekend, do the Griz automatically get a win the next time the Griz and App meet up? I mean come on, the whole Missoula county is sure taking one for the team this weekend.

Bless you and the rest of the Montana faithful this weekend - be strong!

AshevilleApp2
September 18th, 2008, 10:46 AM

Greenville survived his onslought, I'm sure Missoula will. Good luck. xeekx

Skjellyfetti
September 18th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Finally pulled some tickets together... straight from the President of JMU.

There will be a small group of App students in the middle of the JMU gray-hairs. xlolx

This is going to be a great, great game. I can't wait.

xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx

http://images.townnews.com/jeffersonpost.com/content/articles/2007/11/30/sports/sports02.jpg

https://www.appfan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/banksndcrowd.jpg

http://www.thebreeze.org/2007/11-19/sports.jpg

http://www.appfan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/thecatch.jpg

Eight Legger
September 18th, 2008, 05:08 PM
This is a completely honest question for JMU fans...Do you think you will be able to stay in this game if you get behind? It seems to me that Landers is really only throwing 5-8 passes a game this year. That's great if you can run all day and keep the lead, but if you fall behind, you will look pretty one-dimensional, no?

Madisonian
September 18th, 2008, 06:42 PM
This is a completely honest question for JMU fans...Do you think you will be able to stay in this game if you get behind? It seems to me that Landers is really only throwing 5-8 passes a game this year. That's great if you can run all day and keep the lead, but if you fall behind, you will look pretty one-dimensional, no?

Nice loaded question, EL. The answer is yes. Rodney has the ability to throw the ball, the plays have been called to toss, however, he runs when he sees wide holes for first downs. Who can blame him?, if he has an opening he's going to take it. By the way, we understand, you don't like JMU, stop...xdeadhorsex.

kirkblitz
September 18th, 2008, 07:05 PM
This gonna be on tv anywhere?

alexale23
September 18th, 2008, 07:06 PM

i have a feeling micky didnt want to show to much against Mass unless he had to. i have a feeling he is going to mix it up a little to throw ASU off there game plan. Expect to see alot of runs as usual. But im looking for landers to have around 15 pass attempts. Look for the dukes to go for the big play early to try and keep the defense honest and not stacked in the box. Unless of course the running game is working like it was against umass and last year against app.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 18th, 2008, 07:12 PM
This gonna be on tv anywhere?

cn8

IndianaAppMan
September 18th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Simple Question: What in the world is CN8?

james_lawfirm
September 18th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Nice closing statement, counselor.

Pro bono work is supposed to be done for the public good. At least put some effort into it. xrulesx

Now, hold on there, Cluck. I actually thought your post was excellent, and I agreed completely. Perhaps I could have been less sarcastic. Give me another chance.

proasu89
September 18th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Simple Question: What in the world is CN8?

Comcast Network

You can watch the game online here
http://www.cn8.tv/CN8Home/default.aspx?lc=new

ASUMountaineer
September 18th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Finally pulled some tickets together... straight from the President of JMU.

There will be a small group of App students in the middle of the JMU gray-hairs. xlolx

This is going to be a great, great game. I can't wait.

xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx

Good to hear you'll be there. If you end up near the Convo lot, look for us. We'll be there with a tall App flag and state of NC flag. I don't know that George will be making the trip as it won't be in my car, so I have limited space. More than welcome to stop by for some Cottonwood or Red Oak. I hope I can bring George, I'd love to get a pick of "Skjellyfetti's hug of death." xlolx

BDKJMU
September 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM

JMU threw 11 times vs Duke and 13 vs NCCU. Take out the spikes against UMass, and there was 6 passes there. Thats an avg of 10 passes a game, not 5-8.

Last year JMU ran 84 plays, 67 rushing, 17 passing to only 57 plays for ASU, for a total of 141 offensive plays for both teams. With the new rules and JMU being very heavy run oriented and ASU being more run oriented than the avg team, that means less passing, less clock stoppages, and less plays. Each team might get the ball only 65 or so plays. I think JMU will end up passing on about 10-12 of these plays if the game is close or they are ahead for much of it. About what they usually do, maybe slightly more. For JMU to pass much more, like close to or around 20x, they would have to A, have the ball for 80+ plays again (don't see that happening) or would have to fall behind by several TDs early, and maybe 3-4 TDs by the 2nd half (again, don't see that happening).

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 18th, 2008, 09:54 PM
IF this game was a reasonable drive for me, I'd be up for watching this one.......I guess I'll just have to follow the thread here if I can't catch it online. Should be a good one xnodx

ChubbyCherub
September 19th, 2008, 12:42 AM
do you guys really see either of the offenses being that high octane during this game? i cant envision more than a total of 24 points in this game, JMU holds the ball too long (lots of 3 yards and a cloud of dust then punts from the 45) and both D's are stingy. I truly believe this is going to be a defensive struggle. like i said before i hope the teams remember the leg wedges. good game=good times

Screamin_Eagle174
September 19th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Comcast Network

You can watch the game online here
http://www.cn8.tv/CN8Home/default.aspx?lc=new

Is that just East Coast, or can us lefties catch it over here too?

T-Dog
September 19th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Is that just East Coast, or can us lefties catch it over here too?

Just put that you live in Virginia, and you'll get audio along with the video. xthumbsupx

And no, that's not a joke. Apparently they only want Virginians to have sound along with the video feed.

Skjellyfetti
September 19th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Good to hear you'll be there. If you end up near the Convo lot, look for us. We'll be there with a tall App flag and state of NC flag. I don't know that George will be making the trip as it won't be in my car, so I have limited space. More than welcome to stop by for some Cottonwood or Red Oak. I hope I can bring George, I'd love to get a pick of "Skjellyfetti's hug of death." xlolx

Haha, sounds good.

I have no idea where we'll be tailgating and don't know Harrisonburg enough to know where "Convo lot" is... although, I'm sure it's pretty self-explanatory.

But, Cottonwood? Mmmmmm. xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 19th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Just put that you live in Virginia, and you'll get audio along with the video. xthumbsupx

And no, that's not a joke. Apparently they only want Virginians to have sound along with the video feed.

Damn. Fiiiinnnnneeeee, I guess I'll go right coast for a day... xlolx

appfan2008
September 19th, 2008, 07:31 AM
do you guys really see either of the offenses being that high octane during this game? i cant envision more than a total of 24 points in this game, JMU holds the ball too long (lots of 3 yards and a cloud of dust then punts from the 45) and both D's are stingy. I truly believe this is going to be a defensive struggle. like i said before i hope the teams remember the leg wedges. good game=good times

why wouldnt a lot of points be scored?

jmu just finished a 52-38 game and asu hasnt scored less than 30 (other than lsu) in a long long time!

james_lawfirm
September 19th, 2008, 08:12 AM
i have a feeling micky didnt want to show to much against Mass unless he had to. i have a feeling he is going to mix it up a little to throw ASU off there game plan. Expect to see alot of runs as usual. But im looking for landers to have around 15 pass attempts. Look for the dukes to go for the big play early to try and keep the defense honest and not stacked in the box. Unless of course the running game is working like it was against umass and last year against app.

OK, I know EXACTLY what our game plan is. And, I am going to tell it for all to hear. Our plan is to score more points than them other fellers in purple.

19Duke97
September 19th, 2008, 08:27 AM

jmu just finished a 52-38 game and asu hasnt scored less than 30 (other than lsu) in a long long time!

You only scored 28 against us last year, but is was enough xoopsx. Tomorrow is a new day, but I don't see this being under 30/team either. I see JMU winning by 4 - 42-38. See ya'll there!

ASUG8
September 19th, 2008, 08:35 AM
You only scored 28 against us last year, but is was enough xoopsx. Tomorrow is a new day, but I don't see this being under 30/team either. I see JMU winning by 4 - 42-38. See ya'll there!

I almost agree with you - this will be a scorefest and I agree with your score except I'll insert ASU where JMU is in your post xthumbsupx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 19th, 2008, 08:46 AM
The main concerns for JMU fans are the turnovers. Most teams probably feel that way, but seriously that has been JMU's crutch in getting over the hump since 2004.

About 20% of the plays will be passes, on par with what JMU always does.

However, there may be a few new wrinkles in "trick" plays. I think there may be 3-4 plays like that.

If JMU falls behind early, it doesn't look good, but all is not lost. I really don't think there is a better front defensive line that JMU will face this year than Duke. It sounds really funny saying it, but it is true. They have an incredible DT that is likely to be a top 10 pick in the NFL draft next April.

Two observations about the JMU defense:
1) They are not getting the kind of pressure I would like to see, but the team has only been rushing the front four so far. There are blitz packages that have not been used yet.
2) They are creating turnovers. For all the complaints about turnovers, they can be negated by creating turnovers. JMU's turnover margin is getting better I think. S Haywood and DB McCullough are threats in the secondary.

If we fall behind (14+), it will take turnovers to get back into the game. App St. is too prolific on offense. I think JMU can hold its own if it gets a big lead (14+).

Something else to consider: UMass relies heavily on its secondary, so why pass? App St. has a little more traditional defense with some youth in the secondary. You will see more than 6 pass attempts for sure on Saturday, but still for no more than 20-25% of the plays.

mcveyrl
September 19th, 2008, 08:48 AM
The main concerns for JMU fans are the turnovers. Most teams probably feel that way, but seriously that has been JMU's crutch in getting over the hump since 2004.

About 20% of the plays will be passes, on par with what JMU always does.

However, there may be a few new wrinkles in "trick" plays. I think there may be 3-4 plays like that.

If JMU falls behind early, it doesn't look good, but all is not lost. I really don't think there is a better front defensive line that JMU will face this year than Duke. It sounds really funny saying it, but it is true. They have an incredible DT that is likely to be a top 10 pick in the NFL draft next April.

Two observations about the JMU defense:
1) They are not getting the kind of pressure I would like to see, but the team has only been rushing the front four so far. There are blitz packages that have not been used yet.
2) They are creating turnovers. For all the complaints about turnovers, they can be negated by creating turnovers. JMU's turnover margin is getting better I think. S Haywood and DB McCullough are threats in the secondary.

If we fall behind (14+), it will take turnovers to get back into the game. App St. is too prolific on offense. I think JMU can hold its own if it gets a big lead (14+).

Something else to consider: UMass relies heavily on its secondary, so why pass? App St. has a little more traditional defense with some youth in the secondary. You will see more than 6 pass attempts for sure on Saturday, but still for no more than 20-25% of the plays.

I also expect Kirby Long to get a little more involved this week.

th0m
September 19th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Bridgeforth is gonna be crazy tomorrow. Wish I could be there. I'll be tuning in though from over here.

ASUG8
September 19th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I've only seen the LSU game, and I've read from other posters that our drubbing of Jacksonville was a bit underwhelming. Armanti seemed off in LSU, but I guess that's understandable given it's the first game and you've got 91,000 people screaming at you. I think he'll get it reeled in for JMU and show us the stuff we're used to. We have some youth on the field and some gaps in the secondary, but I truly believe this will become a shootout between Landers and Edwards. Both are dual threat QB's, with AE being a bit more nimble and RL more of a freight train. It's too close for me to call objectively, but I have to go with my boys and a 4 point ASU win.

Here's to a good game with no injuries and hopefully we'll meet again in November/December.xthumbsupx

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 19th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I don't like JMU in a close game. We have some pretty bad memories of close games (score within a TD) since 2004. Karma has had her way with us since, that bitch! (playoffs in bold)

@Maine 24-20 W
@UR 26-20 W
Delaware 20-13 W
W&M 24-27 L
@Lehigh 14-13 W
@Furman 14-13 W

@Coastal 27-34 L
@Delaware 28-34 L
UR 18-15 L
@UMass 10-7 L

@Villanova 20-21 L
@YSU 31-35 L

@Northeastern 21-14 W
UR 16-17 L
@Delaware 34-37 L
@App St. 27-28 L

Only App St. is the only FCS school to beat JMU by more than a TD since 2004, and that was 21-10 App St. down in Boone in 2006. I don't expect JMU to lose by more than a TD at home this weekend, but recent history is not so kind to JMU. Playing at home helps though - most of those close games were away. Oh, and revenge has been served to all except YSU and App St. ;) Any chance of scheduling the penguins at home?

james_lawfirm
September 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I've only seen the LSU game, and I've read from other posters that our drubbing of Jacksonville was a bit underwhelming. Armanti seemed off in LSU, but I guess that's understandable given it's the first game and you've got 91,000 people screaming at you.

Well, I think them LSU players had something to do with it. It did not appear to me that the 86k tiger faithful had much to do with the outcome.

From what I saw, LSU could beat half the NFL.

On the other side of the spectrum, don't let the JaxU game fool you. Coach Moore called off the dogs early & lots of players got some time.

As for JMU, I predict an ASU victory.

ASUG8
September 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Well, I think them LSU players had something to do with it. It did not appear to me that the 86k tiger faithful had much to do with the outcome.

On the other side of the spectrum, don't let the JaxU game fool you. Coach Moore called off the dogs early & lots of players got some time.

I didn't mean to imply that we were beaten by the fans. LSU is all that and then some...
Armanti just seemed rattled. Most of the comments I've read on the game blamed it on the recievers (some of it rightly so), but I saw him overthrowing or leading passers most of the day. To your point, the thought of having a 315 lb guy who runs the 40 faster than you could impact your decision making ability somewhat....

BeauFoster
September 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM

It's too hard to get a read on the ASU defense from either game up to this point. LSU will make a lot of schools look bad this year, I'm not going to fret over it. As for the Jacksonville game, at any given point, there were 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string players all on the field at once. There was no "unit", but there was some confusion. The corners didn't always know when they had safety help, and that dictated their coverage. Plus, the LB corp only played about 1.5 qtrs. Lots of good playing time for younger guys.

ASU wins by 2 possessions. xthumbsupx

ASUG8
September 19th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I was impressed (concerned) by how JMU handled UMass last week, but a bit perplexed about how Duke beat JMU so handily. I like our chances, but this is the game I'm most concerned about this season (so far).

Black Saturday
September 19th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I was impressed (concerned) by how JMU handled UMass last week, but a bit perplexed about how Duke beat JMU so handily. I like our chances, but this is the game I'm most concerned about this season (so far).

UMass has only warm bodies on the defensive side of the ball.

james_lawfirm
September 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM

I think I agree with you here. I also think App's biggest asset tomorrow is our improved defense. We will have less experienced DBs than we are used to, but our front 4 will hold their own & our LBs ought to have a field day.

Can we just kickoff early?

mcveyrl
September 19th, 2008, 10:42 AM

I would not take the Duke game for much. We didn't play well and Duke is not the Duke we're used to (they should be 3-0 this week).

matboz
September 19th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Any Dukes fans want to host a few Panther fans at your tailgate? (I Bring good beer xrulesx ) PM me!

blur2005
September 19th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I believe you meant the offensive side since the Minutemen put up 38 points but couldn't stop anything on defense.

I bet this game turns into a shootout as well, hopefully with a JMU victory.

BDKJMU
September 19th, 2008, 12:15 PM

Uh, ASU scored less than 30 vs JMU last season. 28 to be exact. Problem for JMU is they only scored 27.xbawlingx

I do think the 2 teams will combine for around 60-70 points. Not quite 80-90 like some predict.

mcveyrl
September 19th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Folks, I'm leaving work now. Gotta go home, pack up the car and hit the road.

Safe travels to all going. If I've got your cell phone, I'll let you know when and where we are.

james_lawfirm
September 19th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I believe you meant the offensive side since the Minutemen put up 38 points but couldn't stop anything on defense.

I bet this game turns into a shootout as well, hopefully with a JMU victory.

Uh, by warm bodies, I think he meant their D was no good.

If the JMU/ASU turns into a shootout, I'll be surprised.

The car is almost packed & I've almost left. Just checking AGS before we leave. Hope to see many of you AGS posters up in Harrisonburg. We'll be the blue Ford Explorer w/ the App paraphernalia hanging all over it. Stop by to say hello if you can!

Eight Legger
September 19th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Hey matboz, how is Grant Field looking these days? Spent many summer days in those bleachers....love it down there.

Thundering_Herd
September 19th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found the game will be on channelsurfing.net at 7pm EST! Since those p*ssy Penguins won't broadcast their game (and I can't *****ing stand listening to games!), I may just have to watch this game! Should be a battle!!!

THAT'S channelsurfing.net PEOPLE!

matboz
September 19th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Grant Field is looking nice, a good place to see a game ... I actually attended the last several games of the D-Jays season this year a few weeks ago. Park was renamed to Knology Park at some point but I think that expires this year ... not sure what there going to move to afterwards

Skjellyfetti
September 19th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Speaking of which, a reader named Hugh politely scolded us for an early-week item that referred to ASU as “Appy State.”

“It’s Appalachian State or App... not Appy,” he said, and since his address ended in appstate.edu, we offer sincere apologies, tempered with the fervent hope that JMU makes his life miserable Saturday night.xmadx

http://weblogs.dailypress.com/sports/teelblog/2008/09/sunday_is_the_last_day.html

I got a mention in the Newport News, VA paper correcting their writer for repeatedly referring to us as "Appy."

xlolx xlolx

Henwatcher
September 19th, 2008, 08:00 PM
JMU wins this battle. Not even Mickey can keep JMU from winning tomorrow. After losing to Duke, JMU won't be tested again until their game with Richmond.

ASU88
September 19th, 2008, 08:17 PM
JMU wins this battle. Not even Mickey can keep JMU from winning tomorrow. After losing to Duke, JMU won't be tested again until their game with Richmond.
So App St isn't even a test for JMU?? You're the only one I've heard with THAT opinion.

I will admit to feeling JMU has some significant intangibles in their favor for this game, the most important two being home field and emotion (or revenge ... hunger... whatever you want to call it.)

And I am interested to see how we try to contain their running game. They were very impressive in Boone, save for the three inexcusable errors at the end (4th down, not kicking the FG, and then fumbling.)

I remember leaving the stadium feeling very bad for the JMU team and fans.

AppStateold299
September 19th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I agree I did feel very sorry for the players (especially the running back), but I did feel very happy that we continued our journey to the 3rd national title.

I also agree that this will be a slug fest with the Dukies. I do think they are a good team, but I hope we pull out a road victory.

JMU-MRD-DAD
September 19th, 2008, 08:27 PM
So App St isn't even a test for JMU?? You're the only one I've heard with THAT opinion.

I will admit to feeling JMU has some significant intangibles in their favor for this game, the most important two being home field and emotion (or revenge ... hunger... whatever you want to call it.)

And I am interested to see how we try to contain their running game. They were very impressive in Boone, save for the three inexcusable errors at the end (4th down, not kicking the FG, and then fumbling.)

I remember leaving the stadium feeling very bad for the JMU team and fans.

......I don't think he means that App St. will not be a test....he's just stating when JMU will be tested again.

As far as tomorrow's game....it's a toss up in my mind and I believe a turnover will decide the game.

GO DUKES

ERASU2113
September 19th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I'm gonna try to watch the game on channel surfing...or listen to DJ and Brownie on the radio.

But saying ASU will not give JMU a game? JMU will not be tested by ASU? Are you serious?

KiddBrewer
September 19th, 2008, 08:57 PM
The game is being shown on Charter Cable channels 2 and 18 in the Watauga and Avery county area.....

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1585799

AppGirl
September 19th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Uh, by warm bodies, I think he meant their D was no good.

If the JMU/ASU turns into a shootout, I'll be surprised.

The car is almost packed & I've almost left. Just checking AGS before we leave. Hope to see many of you AGS posters up in Harrisonburg. We'll be the blue Ford Explorer w/ the App paraphernalia hanging all over it. Stop by to say hello if you can!
Actually, we're in an Expedition, with window chalk, flags and magnets. xthumbsupx (And 3 teen-age boys, one of whom is celebrating a birthday at the game!xrulesx ) Come find us!

Gully
September 20th, 2008, 05:03 AM
I'm gonna try to watch the game on channel surfing...or listen to DJ and Brownie on the radio.

But saying ASU will not give JMU a game? JMU will not be tested by ASU? Are you serious?

By looking at your signature, I assume ASU has a Theta Chi chapter? I'm an alum of Theta Chi, Phi Chapter (NDSU). How about a home and home series between these two teams? That would be awesome but I'm not sure if either school would go for it.

JMUSaxMRD
September 20th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Good morning and welcome to GAME DAY!
Exciting day... Let's GO DUKES!

AppStateold299
September 20th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I can't wait for this great matchup. Bravo to both AD's for actually making this series happen. Good luck to both teams, but I hope the Mountaineers have a little more luck.

neersnbeers
September 20th, 2008, 08:18 AM
GAMEDAY!!!!
GO APPS!!

JMU-MRD-DAD
September 20th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I will be leaving Richmond in the next few hours headed up for the game......I am so excited.

GO DUKES....

ChubbyCherub
September 20th, 2008, 08:30 AM

both teams scored less than 30 last year when they played each xrolleyesx xreadx

and with the emotion going into this game and the lack of a passing game for jmu (ball control offense though) i dont see many points being scored. ASU has a quick strike O, and a good d....JMU lost some good leader ship like app did in their secondary which will hurt them more than it hurts app. but why i said there wont be many points scored goes to the fact that apps receivers have hands like galvanized steel & JMU doesnt move the ball down the feild fast enough against good D....and yes that means UMass had crappy D. ASU 20 JMU 12

HiHiYikas
September 20th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I will be leaving Richmond in the next few hours headed up for the game......I am so excited.

GO DUKES....
Hey...me, too. Have fun.

JMad03
September 20th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Gotta love gameday! I've been waiting for this one for quite a while. App St.fans- hope you have a safe trip and hope you don't encounter any a-hole fans.
Weather is looking perfect for a night game against two very good teams. I have a lot of respect for your team down there in Boone, but I think JMU at home combined with a very hungry team after last year will win this one. I can't see us winning with a full out ground attack this one against a strong App rushing D. I think you'll see us air it out a bit more than you've seen this year, but only time will tell. I do know that if we can't get it done on the ground, it's gonna be a long night for JMU.
I predict JMU gets it done and wins by a TD with a score around the 30's.
Hoping for a great game with a JMU win!

JMUSaxMRD
September 20th, 2008, 11:21 AM
For those of you that have not seen this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg) It is hilarious!

The MRD's will be playing it... obviously as a mockery.

neersnbeers
September 20th, 2008, 11:36 AM
For those of you that have not seen this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg) It is hilarious!

The MRD's will be playing it... obviously as a mockery.

Whew.......original

JMUSaxMRD
September 20th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Whew.......original

It is only a stand tune, no worries.

SoCon48
September 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Whew.......original

That thing is Old Old Old. They like to live in the past. So:
Record: ASU vs JMU 12-3-0

Let's don't piss them off too badly. We need that FCS win on the sched every year on out.

DLS
September 20th, 2008, 01:05 PM
pre jmu hype anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0c0JCWXKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd3jzDGtOs0

Appstate29
September 20th, 2008, 02:53 PM
anyone in charlotte know of a place thats showing the game??? I'm calling around places in south charlotte...no luck so far.

ASU88
September 20th, 2008, 02:57 PM
anyone in charlotte know of a place thats showing the game??? I'm calling around places in south charlotte...no luck so far.

The game is not on any satellite packages, so you probably won't find any place in Charlotte showing it.

You have to get Comcast cable (Virginia and other states North) or be in Watauga or Avery county to get a feed.

AppStateold299
September 20th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I still can't believe we have such a huge matchup in FCS and we can't watch the fun. This is def. one of the games that should be televised nationally.

appvette
September 20th, 2008, 05:44 PM
The game is not on any satellite packages, so you probably won't find any place in Charlotte showing it.

You have to get Comcast cable (Virginia and other states North) or be in Watauga or Avery county to get a feed.

I thought the only way to get it outside of VA was CN8 internet... how can we see it in Watauga?

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I thought the only way to get it outside of VA was CN8 internet... how can we see it in Watauga?

On channel 2 and 18 if you have Charter Cable

ERASU2113
September 20th, 2008, 06:00 PM
If you're in the Boone area...charter cable is showing it on Channel 2 and channel 18

GAME TIME

Appguy
September 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
oh great, the guy in the intro said Appalachian wrong like 5 times in a row

AppStateold299
September 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Why can't I be in Boone right now? This sucks not being able to see it!

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Why can't I be in Boone right now? This sucks not being able to see it!

GO to cn8.com and select VA when it asks you where you reside.. then on the right side, click live feed and you can watch the game..

Or channelsurfing.net has a live feed of the game as well

catbob
September 20th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Bah, the stream is super laggy for me, I really wanted to watch this game.

Appguy
September 20th, 2008, 06:08 PM
We're wearing white on whites - interesting

ASU88
September 20th, 2008, 06:08 PM
The stream really sucks. Just have to listen I guess.

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:15 PM
interception for App on JMUs first offensive play

Appstate29
September 20th, 2008, 06:16 PM
offense penalties KILLING us

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:16 PM
man.. JMUs defense is looking good.. forced 2 punts already

jonmac
September 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Try another state for a better stream.

ERASU2113
It's more about the penalties the on the O-line. But JMU is doing the right thing keeping Armanti boxed in and not giving him much time to do anything.

ASU88
Landers will be running now after that int.

ERASU2113
September 20th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Wow JMU's offense is looking shaky at the start. INT and now a fumble? Ball on the 1...possible safety?

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:21 PM
good showing by Apps defense as well.. 5 offensive plays by JMU, an interception and a punt

ASU88
September 20th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Try another state for a better stream.

So far that's working. Thanks!

Good field position on that punt!

ASU88
September 20th, 2008, 06:25 PM
TD ASU!!

Straight dive to D. Moore.

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:26 PM
7-0 App

6:37 left in the first quarter

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:28 PM
good return on the kick to JMU 40

ASU88
September 20th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Landers starting to run well.

JMU with a 3rd down in ASU territory.

Incomplete. Almost sacked but Landers kept the play alive and got it off to avoid a big loss.

1st Down ASU at their own 11. 3 min+ left in the 1st qrtr.

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:32 PM
another forced punt by ASU defense

Ball punted out of bounds to ASU 11 yard line

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:34 PM
armanti edwards on a 30 yard run on an option

Ball on ASU 40

ASU88
September 20th, 2008, 06:34 PM
AE with a 30 yard run for a first down.

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Devon Moore with what looks like a serious ankle injury.. looked pretty nasty on the replay -- maybe we will see Radford play more

ASU88
September 20th, 2008, 06:38 PM
AE is all the offense that we have right now.

furman94
September 20th, 2008, 06:39 PM
One deminsional? Score??

furman94
September 20th, 2008, 06:40 PM
How can I watch this online? cn8 player is not working for me!

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:40 PM
7-0 ASU at the end of the first..

ASU driving with ball on JMU 35.. definitely not one dimensional though

SCPALADIN
September 20th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I've gone through all of the channels I have here in Greenville and could not find this game on TV. I found the GSU-Elon game though. Is the App-JMU game being televised in the upstate?

Nevermind...Furman94 probably just unknowingly answered my question.

AppIAA
No.. only being viewed on cn8.com and channelsurfing.net unless you are in Watauga and Avery counties

jonmac

When you go to the cn8 page click that you are in one of their viewing area states. I clicked ME. Should work for you.

Syntax Error
September 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
yeah, no sound

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Looks like moore is definitely out for the rest of the game.. shoulder pads are off, icing the ankle..

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM
ASU punt to the JMU 3 yard line..

Great punt for Neil Young

furman94
September 20th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah... realplayer pops up, but then says cannot connect! Anyone have a link to theirs?

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Another JMU punt.. App ball at JMU 48 with 11:34 left in the second quarter

furman94
September 20th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Anyone have a listening link??

tralfangar
September 20th, 2008, 06:49 PM
i think you have to have windows media player for cn8

furman94
September 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
yeah.. I have it, the player comes up, says buffering, then says ready... I click play and it says buffering and repeats the process... ugh

Syntax Error
September 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Yeah... realplayer pops up, but then says cannot connect! Anyone have a link to theirs?mms://68.87.109.4/cn8winmedia is the link for WinMedia, no audio, then audio, then both, now nothing.

Syntax Error
September 20th, 2008, 06:51 PM
same as every week this year, cn8 has lost it

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Try http://channelsurfing.net/

AppStateold299
September 20th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I went to goasu.com and clicked on the link. It is working for me thank goodness. Sucks! I'm sorry

Syntax Error
September 20th, 2008, 06:53 PM
i think you have to have windows media player for cn8no, it is the regular player, nothing special..... it is just overloaded servers every single week this year

AppStateold299
September 20th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Nice! Good job Armanti

furman94
September 20th, 2008, 06:55 PM
score??

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 06:55 PM
score??

Still 7-0 with 7 minutes left in the second..

App on the JMU 11 about to score

Syntax Error
September 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM
just keep reloading the mms url in Win media

ASU88
AE to JJ for another TD!

Armanti scrambled to his left and threw back across his body to the right and found Josh Johnson inthe end zone.

14-0 App St.

AppIAA
Scratch that...

14-0 with 6:30 left

elkinftball2002
September 20th, 2008, 06:58 PM
the channelsurfing site is working great for me

Syntax Error
September 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
the channelsurfing site is working great for melink? is that audio and video like cn8?

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 07:00 PM
link? is that audio and video like cn8?

http://channelsurfing.net/ and scroll down to where it says Appalachian State vs. James Madison

furman94
September 20th, 2008, 07:01 PM
yeah... I click that and it pops up the player that isnt cooperating. I click play, nothing happens!

tralfangar
September 20th, 2008, 07:01 PM
can i just say that quavian lewis is a beast

Appstate29
September 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
JMU playcalling a little vanilla right now.

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Another 3 and out for the ASU defense

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 07:07 PM
ASU on JMU 20..

AE pass to Coco

ASU88
September 20th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Nice 14 yd run across midfield by AE.

The guy gets upto speed as fast as anyone I've ever seen

Nice 30 yd pass to Coco Hillary.

1st down at the JMU 20

Welton runs to the 11.

Appstate29
off week looks to be really key for our preperation.

Banks!!!
Armanti is on fire right now.

ASU88
September 20th, 2008, 07:09 PM
3rd and short at the JMU 10 with just under a minute left in the half.

Welton runs for a 1st down ...

and now a TD!!!!!!!

21-0 App St

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 07:11 PM
TOUCHDOWN ASU!!!!!!!!!!

21-0 at the half!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appstate29
TD ASU!!! 21-0

93henfan
Schweeee doggies. Madison is getting smoked.

Bad day for the CAA.:o

furman94
September 20th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Wow... whats going on Madison?

93henfan
September 20th, 2008, 07:13 PM
SoCon gets to wave the best conference banner until someone can stop them in the playoffs.

Very impressed with FU and ASU today. Hats off.xbowx

Appstate29
To be honest, I think the JMU fans and players psyched themselves out about this game. JMHO.

AppIAA
Landers is not looking like he looked in Boone in the playoffs..

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2008, 07:15 PM
LOL

And people said ASU didn't deserve the #1 ranking.

Unless JMU actually is that bad, which I doubt.

Appstate29
September 20th, 2008, 07:15 PM
still got a hole half to play. and JMU might be putting something together late here...

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 07:17 PM
still got a hole half to play. and JMU might be putting something together late here...

Yea it definitely is not over yet.. a lot of time left to play

rcny46
When ASU is on their game,I doubt very much that there is any team on the 1-AA level that can beat them.I hadn't seen them previously this year,but one half is enough.They have an excellent combination of speed and skill,as well as an aggressive style of play that is impressive.I'm sold. xbowx

Appguy
missed field goal

93henfan
September 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM
21-0 halftime

AppIAA
September 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM
JMU missed field goal as time expired in the first half..

21-0 ASU at half!!!!!!!!!!!

GO APP!

furman94
September 20th, 2008, 07:21 PM
When ASU is on their game,I doubt very much that there is any team on the 1-AA level that can beat them.I hadn't seen them previously this year,but one half is enough.They have an excellent combination of speed and skill,as well as an aggressive style of play that is impressive.I'm sold. xbowx

Wow... have you seen the rest of the Socon?

theasushow
great first half. hope devin moore is okay, good thing we have 2 weeks before socon games start.

ASUG8
LOL

And people said ASU didn't deserve the #1 ranking.

Unless JMU actually is that bad, which I doubt.

Thanks, but we have another :30 to go. I don't start counting chickens until about 2:00 to go....xthumbsupx

furman94
September 20th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah... remember MotM... I cant believe I just brough this up!

LehighFan11
September 20th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Ok guys i just got home....is this the link for the video feed.... http://www.cn8.tv/videoplayer/player/player.asp ?

Anyone got a live stats page?