wkuhillhound
September 6th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Final

Georgia Southern 34
Austin Peay 20

introvertedGSUfan
September 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM
GSU wins, 34-20

That game was way too close. Our passing game has much to improve on, but our running game looks good especially with Rozier returning next week.

AshevilleApp
September 6th, 2008, 08:35 PM
GSU wins, 34-20

That game was way too close. Our passing game has much to improve on, but our running game looks good especially with Rozier returning next week.

sounds like another SoCon team I'm fond of.....can't wait to grind it out in the 'Boro this year!

introvertedGSUfan
September 6th, 2008, 08:38 PM
sounds like another SoCon team I'm fond of.....can't wait to grind it out in the 'Boro this year!

We're getting better each game, don't think we're going to just roll over when you guys came to visit.

AppGirl
September 6th, 2008, 08:43 PM
We're getting better each game, don't think we're going to just roll over when you guys came to visit.

I'd be disappointed if you did. But we DO want revenge for last year! xrulesx

bobbythekidd
September 6th, 2008, 10:09 PM
We're getting better each game.
You went to a different game than I did. I thought we looked worse than last week. We didn't tackle, too many penalties. Poor reads giving interceptions. Did we even play any lineman? I didn't see much evidence that we did on either side of the ball.

Halfway through the 4th is way too late to start playing football.

If you liked what you saw, take off the blue and white glasses next week. We have a LONG way to go.

introvertedGSUfan
September 6th, 2008, 10:31 PM
You went to a different game than I did. I thought we looked worse than last week. We didn't tackle, too many penalties. Poor reads giving interceptions. Did we even play any lineman? I didn't see much evidence that we did on either side of the ball.

Halfway through the 4th is way too late to start playing football.

If you liked what you saw, take off the blue and white glasses next week. We have a LONG way to go.

Chill, I meant to say that we will get better every week. A young team like this is going to look inconsistent. The defense during the last quarter was looking sharp as you said, we just need to emulate that the entire game. Give our young inexperienced guys a little break.

Edit: Also, winning by 14 instead of losing by 24 is an improvement. Granted we weren't playing #1 UGA again, but I'll take any win this season as I don't except us to make the playoffs.

ERASU2113
September 6th, 2008, 10:42 PM

Well the last time we came down to Statesboro it took extra time for us to pull it out. ASU/GSU always great games - can't wait. Besides it's the three week span I love of the season.......GSU - Furman - Wofford

bobbythekidd
September 6th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I would love to chill. Really I would. That had to be the worst performance I have seen since the Central Conn. game.

I really don't want to cut our guys a break. I want them to step up to our collective expectations. I know they are young, but they are starters for GSU. They have huge shoes to fill, but they must be filled.

I am not going to call out any players by name but we have a 3 year issue with our kicking that needs some attention from the staff.

cmaxwellgsu
September 6th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I would love to chill. Really I would. That had to be the worst performance I have seen since the Central Conn. game.

I really don't want to cut our guys a break. I want them to step up to our collective expectations. I know they are young, but they are starters for GSU. They have huge shoes to fill, but they must be filled.

I am not going to call out any players by name but we have a 3 year issue with our kicking that needs some attention from the staff.

I had to keep up through ESPN, and it did seem like we've got a ways to go. The good news is that we found a way to pull it off. If we can squeak by when we're sloppy, we'll have a decent record when it comes together a little better.

straightshooter
September 6th, 2008, 10:56 PM
GSU threw only one interception on a hail mary at the end of the first half. The Eagles did play 26 freshmen in the game, and the youth is really showing. They have tremendous talent, but they are in fact 18-19 year old kids. The Eagles got hurt up the middle a bit, but they did lose their starting NT last week.

They did have a Foster-like punt return for a TD nullified by a DB lining up in the neutral zone. That hurt and took the wind out of the team's sails for a bit.

The running game looked pretty good, and Rozier will be back next week. It will help to get the top RB in the lineup again.

All that said, the Eagles have a lot of work to do to get ready for SoCon competition. Northeastern will be another smash mouth team that could give GSU trouble. They don't tend to match up well with big teams that tr to drive the ball. Their D is better suited for a spread attack.

21 fourth quarter points is a lot, but that's what it took by GSU tonight. Hatcher said that AP played a totally different D than they played at NDSU. It took the Eagles a while to adjust to the differences, but adjust they did.

Baldy
September 6th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Don't know much about Northeastern yet, but we need to get a whole lot better before next week. xnonono2x xoopsx

IndianaAppMan
September 7th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Was Georgia Southern still missing any players who were suspended from the UGA game? Maybe there was less depth, which would help explain why the score was closer than expected.

Besides, nobody's counting out Georgia Southern. I can't wait to see the SoCon race get in gear. I can't imagine it being more exciting (or bizarre) than it was last year.

Baldy
September 7th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Was Georgia Southern still missing any players who were suspended from the UGA game? Maybe there was less depth, which would help explain why the score was closer than expected.

Besides, nobody's counting out Georgia Southern. I can't wait to see the SoCon race get in gear. I can't imagine it being more exciting (or bizarre) than it was last year.

We were missing a couple...our starting RB is probably the most important, but as straightshooter said, we played 27 freshmen tonight. We are VERY young. There is no doubt about the talent, but it will take some time for these kids to mature. We have a LONG way to go.