PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire is KING of the FCS

aust42
September 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I have to give New Hampshire credit for beating FOUR 1A teams in a row. That must be a record? 2004 35-24 over Rutgers, 2006 34-17 over Northwestern, 2007 48-35 over Marshall and now a 28-10 win over Army. CONGRATS!

TribeGuy09
September 6th, 2008, 06:56 PM
UNH is really showing FBS what FCS is capable of. But, not to take anything away from UNH's ability, but just to clarify - Army will be one of the worst FBS teams this year and is ranked lower than many FCS teams. Nevertheless props to UNH for their strong performance recently.

UNI Pike
September 6th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Settle down Francis.

Congrats on the win, but you are not the king of FCS. Check you hand for a ring.

Mountain Panther
September 6th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I have to give New Hampshire credit for beating FOUR 1A teams in a row. That must be a record? 2004 35-24 over Rutgers, 2006 34-17 over Northwestern, 2007 48-35 over Marshall and now a 28-10 win over Army. CONGRATS!

"FBS Killer" is a more appropriate title.

Cobblestone
September 6th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I don't normally say this to anyone who beats Army but...CONGRATS to UNH.

Now, be damn sure you bring the Tuckerman's next Saturday.

appstate38
September 6th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Great win for UNH, but kings of the FCS is a LOOOONG shot at best.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Good wins, but they weren't exactly against decent FBS teams. I'll agree with the FBS Killer, but schedule some average to good FBS teams, and see what happens.

dwtime
September 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Settle down Francis.

Congrats on the win, but you are not the king of FCS. Check you hand for a ring.

Actually I think he is a Blue Hen fan, check his profile. xrulesx

This was one game that I thought UNH should win of all the las 4 FBS games. Good start for the Cats but yes clearly nowhere close to being kings of the FCS. That would be App St. until someone else wins the title.

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2008, 07:31 PM
"FBS Killer" is a more appropriate title.
I like that one.
xthumbsupx

Seawolf97
September 6th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Congratulations to UNH another great win!xthumbsupx

GannonFan
September 6th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Nice win, and great streak of wins, but this was the most surest one by far - Army blows.

As for king of FCS, come on, let UNH win a playoff quarterfinal game first before we get crazy.

Umass74
September 6th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Congrats to the Wildcats. They are carrying the banner for all of us.

Army is in deep trouble. They are an option team and they got 169 yards and averaged 3.1 yards a carry against UNH. Defense is not UNH's stock in trade.

Mountaineer
September 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM

Doesn't really say much for I-AA then does it? xlolx

Rutgers was 4-7 in 2004.
Northwestern was 4-8 in 2006.
Marshall was 3-9 in 2007.
Army is 0-2 so far in 2008.

Good wins for UNH, definitely, but don't get carried away. xthumbsupx

Thundering_Herd
September 6th, 2008, 09:50 PM

NDSU may tie that next weekend if they win over Wyoming. In 2006 they beat Ball St and last year they beat both Minnesota and Central Michigan. Not sure what to expect outta Wyo. They lost to Air Force today and they beat Ohio by 1 pt. last week. Ohio played Ohio State tough fairly tough today. Good job to New Hampshire!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 6th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Not only fine wins, but give some credit to Marty Scarano (AD) and Sean McDonnell for finding a way to get big paydays against FBS teams vs whom the Wildcats are always have a chance to pull off a win. The year before Rutgers win, they almost pulled off a win vs one of the "directional Michigan schools (Eastern, I think, .....).

Smart admin and good players = consistently high level of success. Nice job, Cats.

aust42
September 6th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Maybe not "King of the FCS" but I'm sure proud of my CAA brother New Hampshire for claiming to have beat FOUR 1A's in a row no matter how bad they are. I think that is a record b/c I cannot recall any other FCS teams that have done that off the top of my head. There sure have been some embarrassing FCS losses to worse 1A teams. (uh hmmm, JMU).

rcny46
September 6th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Not only fine wins, but give some credit to Marty Scarano (AD) and Sean McDonnell for finding a way to get big paydays against FBS teams vs whom the Wildcats are always have a chance to pull off a win. The year before Rutgers win, they almost pulled off a win vs one of the "directional Michigan schools (Eastern, I think, .....).

Smart admin and good players = consistently high level of success. Nice job, Cats.

I believe that Michigan team they played in `03 was Central Michigan.UNH lost by 7.The very first play of the game was a Wildcat pass that was tipped at the line of scrimmage (UNH 10 I think),picked off by a Chippewa lineman,and brought in for an easy TD.The Cats also missed a twenty yard FG in the second half.Other than those two miscues,it was an evenly played game.

mainejeff
September 6th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Nice win, and great streak of wins, but this was the most surest one by far - Army blows.

As for king of FCS, come on, let UNH win a playoff quarterfinal game first before we get crazy.

Yeah......Army is no Albany......xrolleyesx

T-Dog
September 7th, 2008, 03:33 AM
NDSU may tie that next weekend if they win over Wyoming. In 2006 they beat Ball St and last year they beat both Minnesota and Central Michigan. Not sure what to expect outta Wyo. They lost to Air Force today and they beat Ohio by 1 pt. last week. Ohio played Ohio State tough fairly tough today. Good job to New Hampshire!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx

Not four FBS in a row. Despite the Bison fans not wanting to remember it, you loss to Minnesota in 2006 by one point and that was after Ball St. xrulesx

Still, four out of five in three years will be most impressive. xnodx

Grizaholic17
September 7th, 2008, 04:33 AM
I'm impressed by UNH! Congrats guys!!!

Mouse
September 7th, 2008, 06:03 AM
that's disrespectful to the FCS

if beating 4 below average FBS teams makes you King

Old Cat Fan
September 7th, 2008, 07:25 AM
that's disrespectful to the FCS

if beating 4 below average FBS teams makes you Kingxnonox xnonox

Beating four FBS teams (below average or not ) brings Respect to the FCS xnodx

SuperJon
September 7th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I don't see why people are complaining and saying play a good FBS team and then say something. What's the point in getting beat 66-3? If you can get a payday and still have a chance to win that's pretty much the perfect situation.

WrenFGun
September 7th, 2008, 09:36 AM
It'll happen again this season, when it comes playoff team and people are trying to distinguish between teams, UNH's win over a fourth FBS team in a row will make a difference.

appsfan
September 7th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Congrats on the win. xthumbsupx

Uncle Buck
September 7th, 2008, 09:58 AM
It's a good win either way...congrats to the 'cats

WildcatFan
September 7th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Congratulations UNH!!! I was there to see them beat Rutgers, Northwestern and Marshall. Could not make it to the game this weekend so had to watch it on TV. Not the same but I loved the result.

Sundown
September 7th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Didn't UNH beat Ball St. within the last two seasons as well?

Hansel
September 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Didn't UNH beat Ball St. within the last two seasons as well?

NDSU beat Ball St in 06

UNHFan99
September 7th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I believe that Michigan team they played in `03 was Central Michigan.UNH lost by 7.The very first play of the game was a Wildcat pass that was tipped at the line of scrimmage (UNH 10 I think),picked off by a Chippewa lineman,and brought in for an easy TD.The Cats also missed a twenty yard FG in the second half.Other than those two miscues,it was an evenly played game.

There were no missed field goals by the cats against Central Michigan.

Great win and great schedule job by Scarano and company.

89Hen
September 7th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Army scmarmy... four in a row vs I-A. xbowx xbowx xbowx Congrats Wildcats.

rcny46
September 7th, 2008, 10:52 PM
There were no missed field goals by the cats against Central Michigan.

Great win and great schedule job by Scarano and company.

I stand corrected.It was a 2 point conversion they missed.The only FG they attempted was good. :o

Redwyn
September 7th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Congrats on the win and the building of an incredible streak New Hampshire!

Looking forward to Stony Brook playing Army in 2011.

henfan
September 7th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Ditto, 89! No matter how you slice it, this was a terrific win and a nice way to start the season.

I had the pleasure of sitting among the UNH faithful, who turned out strong for this game. The entire south end zone of Michie Stadium was filled with Wildcat fans & the UNH band. xbowx

I thought UNH had the size and speed to easily defeat USMA going in and the 'Cats proved me right. The Black Knights just didn't have the wheels at the skill position and bulk along the lines to keep up with UNH. The game was not as close as the score.

UNH did what they do best on offense, running from multiple sets. On D, they stacked the box and forced Army's running game inside the tackles. USMA's QBs demonstrated no ability to throw the ball downfield. Once UNH got up on them by a couple of scores, Army was incapable of mounting any sort of comeback.

Like every team in the country, UNH has work to do to clean up some of the errors they made in this game. What team doesn't?

My advice, if you've never been to West Point, you absolutely have to get there. Michie has got to be one of the most picturesque settings in the country. Absolutely beautiful!xnodx

Redwyn
September 7th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I will definitely try to make the trip when the year rolls around. SBU has been high on its marching band since it was founded a few years ago. It would be great if the admins decided to bring them too.

Sounds like a great game, capped by a win. Congrats again!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 9th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Ditto, 89! No matter how you slice it, this was a terrific win and a nice way to start the season.

I had the pleasure of sitting among the UNH faithful, who turned out strong for this game. The entire south end zone of Michie Stadium was filled with Wildcat fans & the UNH band. xbowx

I thought UNH had the size and speed to easily defeat USMA going in and the 'Cats proved me right. The Black Knights just didn't have the wheels at the skill position and bulk along the lines to keep up with UNH. The game was not as close as the score.

UNH did what they do best on offense, running from multiple sets. On D, they stacked the box and forced Army's running game inside the tackles. USMA's QBs demonstrated no ability to throw the ball downfield. Once UNH got up on them by a couple of scores, Army was incapable of mounting any sort of comeback.

Like every team in the country, UNH has work to do to clean up some of the errors they made in this game. What team doesn't?

My advice, if you've never been to West Point, you absolutely have to get there. Michie has got to be one of the most picturesque settings in the country. Absolutely beautiful!xnodx

xoutofrepx

Thanks for the kind words for UNH. And I've got to share the kudos with such a terrific FCS fan for coming up to West Point and cheering on the Wildcats! xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Couldn't agree more about Michie and the entire West Point campus/Post/Military Reservation!!! My lord, the war games they must be able to hold in those woods and hills!! Pretty hairy drive back up US 9W after the game in the monsoon returning to Newburgh!! I think this was the first time I've ever seen a ski slope with chair lift on campus!!! xeekx

ASU88
September 9th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Impressive feat no matter who the teams were. You can only beat who you play.

Good work, New Hampshire!

Thundering_Herd
September 9th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Not four FBS in a row. Despite the Bison fans not wanting to remember it, you loss to Minnesota in 2006 by one point and that was after Ball St. xrulesx

Still, four out of five in three years will be most impressive. xnodx

Oh yeah! Ooops!! xnonono2x

So I'm gonna play the woulda coulda shoulda game now. We dominated Minny in 06 in every aspect of the game except for being able to get the ball in the endzone and thru the posts. With a win over Wyoming this weekend, we'd be a perfect 5-0 vs. FBS teams since our move to FCS. I'll take 4-1 though...

katstrapper
September 9th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Congrats to New Hampshire.... xthumbsupx

but in all fairness the true KING of FCS right now is the three consecutive national champion Appy State...xrulesx

Hate to steal thunder.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 9th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Congrats to New Hampshire.... xthumbsupx

but in all fairness the true KING of FCS right now is the three consecutive national champion Appy State...xrulesx

Hate to steal thunder.

I have no problem with that, the "king" truly is crowned in Chatty! I'm just happy with the win and content with the FBS Slayer moniker!! xnodx xnodx Remember, it was a Delaware fan who started this thread. ;) xpeacex