PDA

View Full Version : PV Developing the Mentality?

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Earlier, it looked like Prairie View A&M had not yet developed the mentality needed to blow out teams. I really felt that they should have taken it to Texas Southern last week, but got a bit lazy when they built up a lead. This is a program not used to winning and even more so, winning big...

This week, PV was up 19-0 at the half against a Texas College team that had 50+ hung on them the week before by Mississippi Valley. It just did not seem right to see PV up by such a "small" margin.

Apparently, I spoke too soon...PV has scored 20 points in the first 10 minutes of the third quarter. Perhaps that mentality is developing...they are going to need to develop it if they want to win a SWAC that seems to be "down" this year, opening the door wide open for PV to come in and win the title!

PV is going to have their toughest test of the season next week when they make the trek to Huntsville to face Sam Houston State. Look for the game thread tomorrow...

Current score from the PV-Texas College game with 5:15 in the 3rd quarter is PV 39-0.

813Jag
September 6th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Earlier, it looked like Prairie View A&M had not yet developed the mentality needed to blow out teams. I really felt that they should have taken it to Texas Southern last week, but got a bit lazy when they built up a lead. This is a program not used to winning and even more so, winning big...

This week, PV was up 19-0 at the half against a Texas College team that had 50+ hung on them the week before by Mississippi Valley. It just did not seem right to see PV up by such a "small" margin.

Apparently, I spoke too soon...PV has scored 20 points in the first 10 minutes of the third quarter. Perhaps that mentality is developing...they are going to need to develop it if they want to win a SWAC that seems to be "down" this year, opening the door wide open for PV to come in and win the title!

PV is going to have their toughest test of the season next week when they make the trek to Huntsville to face Sam Houston State. Look for the game thread tomorrow...

Current score from the PV-Texas College game with 5:15 in the 3rd quarter is PV 39-0.
When SWAC play starts, things will get crazy. PV has developed to the point where they can dispatch a Texas College with ease. The door isn't wide open for anybody in the SWAC.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 07:04 PM
When SWAC play starts, things will get crazy. PV has developed to the point where they can dispatch a Texas College with ease. The door isn't wide open for anybody in the SWAC.

I think the door is wide open for anybody in the SWAC to come in and take the title.

I've been less than impressed by Southern's "no-show" in Houston last week in a game I really was led to believe they'd stay within a touchdown or two of Houston...

Jackson State's less than stellar performance against a sub-Div I school for the second straight year (or is it third) thus far against Stillman has not led me to believe much about Comegy's squad...

Just not impressed...I really think PV is going to give SHSU all they can handle next week. May come up short, but it will be a statement that no other SWAC school has provided thus far...