PDA

View Full Version : WCU-Florida State in lightning delay

catamount man
September 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Kickoff delayed for 1 hour due to torrential rain and lightning. Kickoff now at 7:07 EDT.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

catamount man
September 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Kickoff now at 7:37 edt thanks to the lightning and rain.

813Jag
September 6th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I'm usually Pro-FCS, but today I want to see Ponder have a good game. And a kid I know is getting his first college start at DT tonight.

Make a good showing Catamounts! xthumbsupx

catamount man
September 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
We go 3 and out and Carter returns the punt 70 yards and FSU is up 7-0. Then ANOTHER thunderstorm moves in, field is evacuated and have had no updates as to when game will resume. Just cancel the damn game!!!xmadx xmadx xmadx

catamount man
September 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Game to resume, for now, at 8:30pm. It is raining BUCKETS in NW Florida.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

WCU LawCat
September 6th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Catamounts hanging tough still 7-0 1st quarter 6 min.

WCU LawCat
September 6th, 2008, 08:05 PM
CATS D stands tall again and forces a missed FSU FG! Now 2nd quarter 7-0

813Jag
September 6th, 2008, 08:44 PM
28-0 Noles 2nd Quarter

catamount man
September 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM
we were in this damn game until we missed a 4th and 1 in FSU territory and since then they have smelled blood. Let's get out of here without any major injuries, collect $435,000.00 and start the rest of the year against FCS competition. I really wish we'd quit playing these FBS games. xmadx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

proasu89
September 6th, 2008, 09:14 PM
we were in this damn game until we missed a 4th and 1 in FSU territory and since then they have smelled blood. Let's get out of here without any major injuries, collect $435,000.00 and start the rest of the year against FCS competition. I really wish we'd quit playing these FBS games. xmadx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

xthumbsupx

Seawolf97
September 6th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Nice paycheck !

catamount man
September 6th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I would trade every penny for a winning football team. 49-0 FSU and about to be worse. Dang! I guess I underestimated how big of a rebuilding job Wagner has. Oh well. Let's get back into FCS play.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

catamount man
September 6th, 2008, 10:26 PM
69-0 FSU Final.xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

WCUFLALUM
September 6th, 2008, 11:19 PM
UGH! xnonono2x xnonono2x xmadx I JUST HOPE WE ESCAPED WITH NO MAJOR INJURIES! LET'S GET BACK TO CULLOWHEE, LICK OUR WOUNDS AND GET READY FOR LIBERTY!

TheValleyRaider
September 6th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Well, FSU's got a lot to prove this year, and likely the talent to do so

Heck, they have a legit shot at the ACC title the way this season has been shaping up xeekx

Sometimes you compete, and sometimes you take one on the chin. Take the money and run. Tomorrow is another day and next Saturday is another game xthumbsupx

813Jag
September 7th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Well, FSU's got a lot to prove this year, and likely the talent to do so

Heck, they have a legit shot at the ACC title the way this season has been shaping up xeekx

Sometimes you compete, and sometimes you take one on the chin. Take the money and run. Tomorrow is another day and next Saturday is another game xthumbsupx
Even as bad as the ACC has looked so far, I wouldn't make that statement yet. They play Wake in two weeks, big test. The suspended players return in 3 weeks. Plus there's always concern about a young QB. But if they did win the division, I'll be at Raymond James to cheer them on.

catamount man
September 7th, 2008, 08:50 AM
UGH! xnonono2x xnonono2x xmadx I JUST HOPE WE ESCAPED WITH NO MAJOR INJURIES! LET'S GET BACK TO CULLOWHEE, LICK OUR WOUNDS AND GET READY FOR LIBERTY!

Wagner was PISSED at the team after this game and his comments showed. Briggs would've just given us the "we're getting there, gotta get back and compete" blah, blah, he always gave us. At least we have a leader now in Cullowhee and I actually thought we ran the ball pretty good against FSU believe it or not. Quan Warley had some nice carries.

Just gotta put this one behind us and get ready for FCS level teams the rest of the way. I'm behind them 110%!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

TheValleyRaider
September 7th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Even as bad as the ACC has looked so far, I wouldn't make that statement yet. They play Wake in two weeks, big test. The suspended players return in 3 weeks. Plus there's always concern about a young QB. But if they did win the division, I'll be at Raymond James to cheer them on.

I gotta tell yah, no one else in the ACC looks all that impressive

Wake struggled to beat Ole Miss, who while they may be improved still finished 0-8 in the SEC last year

Clemson hasn't shown anything just yet

VT has been unimpressive

ACC looks wide-open this year (except not in the good kind of way)

Death Dealer
September 7th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I would trade every penny for a winning football team. 49-0 FSU and about to be worse. Dang! I guess I underestimated how big of a rebuilding job Wagner has. Oh well. Let's get back into FCS play.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!
Really? Because I think you might have been the only one. He's got an uphill battle, but given the right resources and time, he could pull it off. The biggest enemy of rebuilding is unrealistic expectaions and impatience. But I think you guys really know that. Hopefully your admin. will give him what he needs to succeed.

813Jag
September 7th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I gotta tell yah, no one else in the ACC looks all that impressive

Wake struggled to beat Ole Miss, who while they may be improved still finished 0-8 in the SEC last year

Clemson hasn't shown anything just yet

VT has been unimpressive

ACC looks wide-open this year (except not in the good kind of way)
I agree the ACC is wide open, but that doesn't change the fact that FSU is young in key spots.

catamount man
September 7th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Really? Because I think you might have been the only one. He's got an uphill battle, but given the right resources and time, he could pull it off. The biggest enemy of rebuilding is unrealistic expectaions and impatience. But I think you guys really know that. Hopefully your admin. will give him what he needs to succeed.

Our administration will give him the time. Of that, NOW I have no doubts. I think our chancellor was told after last season by some big time donors that certain funds would be withheld if football didn't start becoming a bigger priority. Now, don't quote me verbatim, but let's just say that's what I "heard". Last night was definitely frustrating, but next week starts the real season. I'm sure Wagner was not the team's best friend on the long ride home up I-75 last night. It is what it is but I see better days coming for WCU.

Good showing in Blacksburg yesterday by your guys.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

UNH 1999
September 7th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I was there at the game last evening and the lightning delays were ridiculous. I was glad to see that the storms finally subsided and the game was played. The crowd was okay considering the weather and other things.

There seemed to be a few hundred WCU fans clustered in the visitors section. Did any AGS WCU fans make it to the game? I am interested to see what you thought of Doak Campbell.

Hope y'all made it out of Tallahassee without any injuries. FSU has a chip on their shoulder this year and is out to prove the program is on an upswing after back to back horrible (7-6) seasons. Hope WCU has a good year in the SoCon.

GO SEMINOLES!

catamount man
September 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I was there at the game last evening and the lightning delays were ridiculous. I was glad to see that the storms finally subsided and the game was played. The crowd was okay considering the weather and other things.

There seemed to be a few hundred WCU fans clustered in the visitors section. Did any AGS WCU fans make it to the game? I am interested to see what you thought of Doak Campbell.

Hope y'all made it out of Tallahassee without any injuries. FSU has a chip on their shoulder this year and is out to prove the program is on an upswing after back to back horrible (7-6) seasons. Hope WCU has a good year in the SoCon.

GO SEMINOLES!

I endured the nightmare on television and I hope Wake knocks that chip off AGAIN.xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

SoCon48
September 8th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Our administration will give him the time. Of that, NOW I have no doubts. I think our chancellor was told after last season by some big time donors that certain funds would be withheld if football didn't start becoming a bigger priority. Now, don't quote me verbatim, but let's just say that's what I "heard". Last night was definitely frustrating, but next week starts the real season. I'm sure Wagner was not the team's best friend on the long ride home up I-75 last night. It is what it is but I see better days coming for WCU.

Good showing in Blacksburg yesterday by your guys.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Our administration will give him the time.

You're right. They will. They have to. There just aren't many coaches left out there who haven't already coached at WCU. xpeacex

Sly Fox
September 8th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Did you guys escape the thrashing without any major injuries? If that is the case then the weekend would have to be considered a success at some level (albeit rather low). It is rare to not suffer a slew of bumps & bruises. We suffered some against a DII.

WCU LawCat
September 8th, 2008, 01:42 PM
We had only one that we know about but not sure how bad it is. One guy injured in previous game made FSU travel roster but I don't believe he played. He will probably be ready to go for Liberty.

I expect our game Saturday to be really fun to watch. I see our team responding at home with a 3 point win.

catamount man
September 8th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Our administration will give him the time.

You're right. They will. They have to. There just aren't many coaches left out there who haven't already coached at WCU. xpeacex

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

catamount man
September 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Did you guys escape the thrashing without any major injuries? If that is the case then the weekend would have to be considered a success at some level (albeit rather low). It is rare to not suffer a slew of bumps & bruises. We suffered some against a DII.

Should know more tomorrow when media notes come out. Pretty sure we came out in pretty good shape. As for the game, I'm predicting 21-20 WCU. xthumbsupx