PDA

View Full Version : Richmond - UVA Game Thread

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 04:16 PM
After one half of play, the Cavaliers lead the Spiders 3-0 in what has been an impressive effort by the Spiders to hold the Cavaliers when they needed to...

Richmond missed a 29 yd FG with :01 left in the first half that could have tied the game up...

UPDATE:
Richmond 0
Virginia 0
HALF

DSUrocks07
September 6th, 2008, 04:18 PM
After one half of play, the Cavaliers lead the Spiders 3-0 in what has been an impressive effort by the Spiders to hold the Cavaliers when they needed to...

Richmond missed a 29 yd FG with :01 left in the first half that could have tied the game up...

UPDATE:
Richmond 0
Virginia 0
HALF

On the replay it looks like the Virginia player tipped the ball

YoUDeeMan
September 6th, 2008, 04:22 PM

UPDATE:
Richmond 0
Virginia 3
HALF

Ooops. Started another thread. :o

Mods, can you delete my thread?

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Richmond needs to do something offensively...

It seems the defense is doing a great job of keeping them in the game, but the offense just needs to do their part, gain the battle of field possession and take some time off the clock -- and of course, eventually score!

YoUDeeMan
September 6th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Richmond needs to do something offensively...

It seems the defense is doing a great job of keeping them in the game, but the offense just needs to do their part, gain the battle of field possession and take some time off the clock -- and of course, eventually score!

UR blew some opportunities to put points on the board.

UR's D is doing well.

The QB and WRs aren't having a good day...a few blown plays cost them points and stopped some drives.

UR also Missed a 29-yard FG as time expired at the end of the half after returning a 63-yard 4th down INT (odd call by the UVA coach) back from deep in their own territory.

Go Spiders!

YoUDeeMan
September 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Spiders stop UVA on 4th and short at the UVA 30 (another odd call by the UVA coach).

But, UR loses ground back to the 45 on a botched lateral and a sack.

Punted away.

UVA starting on the 10.

Another missed opportunity.

Still 3-0 UVA early in the third.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 04:51 PM
What's the deal with the Cavs coach? Seems he's making his fair share of bonehead decisions. Does he see the scoreboard and realize that he's only up 3-0 against an FCS team?

DSUrocks07
September 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
What's the deal with the Cavs coach? Seems he's making his fair share of bonehead decisions. Does he see the scoreboard and realize that he's only up 3-0 against an FCS team?

If their Special Teams and Defense keeps bailing them out, 3 points will probably be all they might need xsmhx

Come on Spiders xthumbsupx stop shooting yourselves in the foot xnonono2x

DSUrocks07
September 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
INT by Horton, Spiders get the ball back

ISUMatt
September 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
CMon, I picked Richmond as my FanIQ upset of the week!!!...I did pick UNH too

YoUDeeMan
September 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
UVA just blocked a UR FG.

Those points might hurt.

INT UR!!!!!!!!! UR's D comes right back with a big play!!!

3:56 to go in the third. UR at the 44[edit] in UVA territory. Time out.

YoUDeeMan
September 6th, 2008, 05:05 PM
4 yard run.
Another missed WR by Ward.
A deflected pass.

Punt time.

Punt into EZ. Penalty flag.

Hold against UVA. UVA starts at their 10 again.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Come on UR!

Glad to see UVA keeps allowing UR to have a chance -- just got to finish it!

813Jag
September 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Richmond should be in control of this game on the scoreboard. They need a TD on this drive.

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM
What's it going to take Richmond?!?

Another drive stalled...UVA ball at their own 46.

appstate38
September 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM
The rest of the CAA just got put on notice.... UR is for real. Come on Spiders, show'em what you are made of.

DSUrocks07
September 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM
TD Cavs

Virginia - 10
Richmond 0
7:25 left in the 4th

still time left but Richmond left a lot of points on the field today...could easily be 28-10 Spiders

jmu_duke07
September 6th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I'm a UVA fan (and of course a JMU Fan), however, I wanna see the ticks win only because it shows that Al Groh needs to get his butt booted out of Charlottesville... Even if it means a win for the Ticks. Al Groh has definetly ruined that program. xnonono2x

DSUrocks07
September 6th, 2008, 05:43 PM
INT by the Spiders QB

Looks like this game is about wrapped up...whats the deal with the CAA vs ACC teams?? JMU, UD, now Richmond? xconfusedx

DSUrocks07
September 6th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Pick six by the Cavs

missed XP

16-0 now

YoUDeeMan
September 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Pick six by the Cavs

missed XP

16-0 now

Ward hasn't looked good today. He's been rushed, and there has been no running game, but Ward's missed some wide open receivers and he's thrown a couple picks. In addition, he took some huge sacks for big losses. How about tossing the piggy away instead of trying to outrun some faster FCS defenders? xeyebrowx

And now a fumble. xsmhx

Their O was off track today and overmatched on the line.

Special teams were awful.

Still, Richmond looked very good on D.

UR should bounce back from this disappointing show.

URMite
September 6th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Ward hasn't looked good today. He's been rushed, and there has been no running game, but Ward's missed some wide open receivers and he's thrown a couple picks. In addition, he took some huge sacks for big losses. How about tossing the piggy away instead of trying to outrun some faster FCS defenders? xeyebrowx

And now a fumble. xsmhx

Their O was off track today and overmatched on the line.

Special teams were awful.

Still, Richmond looked very good on D.

UR should bounce back from this disappointing show.

Special Teams have not looked good in either game. Which is odd because it is pretty much the same personnel as last year, when it was big part of our game.

The other thing that hasn't looked good in either game is the power running game. You can't really expect it against FBS, but we weren't successful with it against Elon until they were worn down. I just hope it doesn't continue. We need to use it this year with Vaughn before transitioning to more finess next year with Forte.

ur2k
September 7th, 2008, 02:17 AM
today was not so much UVA winning as UR losing. Our offense and special teams were terrible, I felt sorry for the defense b/c they played a great game but the o couldn't do anything. This was a very frustrating game to watch live b/c you knew we should've been up but just couldn't close the deal

elon77
September 7th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I sure wish you had won. I was pulling hard for the Spiders and after watching them last weekend thought they would win. Good luck the rest of the year.

MoreheadEagle
September 7th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Too bad for Richmond. I was hoping they could pull this one off.